Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Heir of the Wilds
Creature — Human Warrior
Ferocious — Whenever Heir of the Wilds attacks, if you control a creature with power 4 or greater, Heir of the Wilds gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
1 year ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
1 year ago
1: There are many weaker card choices. Not having access (or getting over time) is obviously apart of the collection-building aspect of the game; but your decks should avoid the weak cards that are not on theme. Focus on including cards that actively help or are benefited by your theme of heavy ramp with a secondary set of heavy draw. Cards such as Fblthp, Gurmag Drowner, Silumgar Sorcerer, and jace, are primary examples.
2: Finding cards that fit both themes: draw and ramp, is relatively easy and will increase the adaptability and efficiency of the deck. Commander's Sphere is the obvious example currently in the deck. Potential additions (that you should be able to more easily acquire) include Edge of Autumn, Explore, Krosan Tusker, and Seer's Sundial. Harder to get pieces would be Kiora, the Crashing Wave, Aesi, Tyrant of Gyre Strait.
4: Having lots of mana is only useful it's spent casting scary game-winning threats. Threats you may not be aware of that might be fun for you to playtest: Soramaro, First to Dream, Prime Speaker Zegana, and Clockwork Dragon. The first and last cards specifically benefit from the amount of colorless mana you will generate with your general.
2 years ago
Dude those dragons are doing so well (when no one wipes them)!
Did you want a similar deck? 'Cuz that's what you've got here... but I think you should lean into go-wide-aggro > midrange and play more 1-2 cmc creatures and move all your ramp to 2 (Rampant Growth, signets, etc).
Rhys the Redeemed... he's getting a reprint
Gutterbones... reusable 1-drops
Norin the Wary... free 1/1s or ETB triggers
Mist-Cloaked Herald... anything that can't be blocked
Graveblade Marauder... anything <4 with deathtouch
Alpine Houndmaster... going wide?
Malakir Cullblade... grower not a shower
Tribal decks have so much flavor! Hope this helps, maybe we'll see it next weekend? :o
2 years ago
Coax from the Blind Eternities is an interesting card and seems really fun to build around it. However, your deck looks like it's trying to do a lot of stuff instead of focusing on the Eldrazi plan.
Sideboardwise, no reason to have those lands in there. Spawning Bed is just a bad and slow card. Shrine of the Forsaken Gods while not and amazing card, can help you cast some of your big eldrazi after fetching them from the sideboard. Maybe one or two on the main board should help.
Still regarding the sideboard, just cut out Endless One . If you're gonna get and Eldrazi from your sideboard, that Eldrazi must win you the game or enable you to win the game, and Endless One does neither. Speaking of winning the game, wouldn't it be better to search for some of the huge Eldrazi instead of Eldrazi Conscription . The conscription is a fabulous card that can definelty win you the game, but it's also easily removable by killing or ou bouncing the creature it's attached to and it provides no protection. Also, Garruk Wildspeaker should be mainboarded. It's an amazing ramp card and sort of is a combo with Shrine of the Forsaken Gods since you can tap two of these for 4 mana and untap with him for more 4 mana, which would really help to cast and Eldrazi.
Now, speaking of cards that win you the game. Spawnsire of Ulamog can be an option to fetch so you can cast all of your other Eldrazi without having to fetch with a sorcery. Kozilek, the Great Distortion can help you refill your hand and enables you to counter an opponent's spell if you can discard a card, which can be useful if you think your opponent has a Path to Exile or a card that could deal with an Eldrazi. Void Winnower just locks your opponents out of hopefully half of their spells and makes it easier to attack with your creatures.
Rampwise, replace Eyeless Watcher with Kozilek's Predator since the Predator has a bigger body, is the same cost and produces the same amount of mana. From Beyond is not a bad card since the tokens could, technically, block attacks for you. However, regarding mana ramp, Awakening Zone is better since it drops one turn earlier, but it more expensive moneywise. From Beyond can also have other uses but I'll suggest other things later. Deathcap Cultivator helps you toward your goal of casting big things, even enabling you to splash black in the deck, while can also get deathtouch thus helping you to block. Just cut Heir of the Wilds for Deathcap Cultivator .
I still have other things I can suggest but I'd like to see what you think of what I said before continuing.
2 years ago
Actually when I started brainstorming for this deck Wrangler was one of the cards I considered! So when I was piecing this together I wanted to have a solid playset of 2 drops to give me plays during the games I don't have a t1 dork. The three I considered were Kronch Wrangler , Heir of the Wilds , and Frost Walker . My very first iteration of this deck ran 4 Frost Walker and 4 Kronch Wrangler, a 2 drop P4 critter synergized well with Wrangler and kept my pressure up. However, Walker has alot of issues. It has basically 0 use on defense, can't be buffed by Scions or TBR, and cant be effectively protected by Stubborn Denial. Wrangler is another good card but suffers from AetherVial syndrome. You want to open with it but never want to topdeck it. Heir of the Wilds is just accross the board a phenominal card on offense and defense, and gives me 7 deathtouch bodies to push with Scions and Battle Rage. In fact with Scions he buffs himself and becomes a 5/3 fs/t/dt. The other slot went to Bonecrusher Giant. So much versitility for a 2.5 cmc critter
3 years ago
This past weekend saw my cube’s first seven player draft (eight had homework to finish). Now, some of them are filthy casuals but here are the deck lists drafted with (W-L) stats! No basic lands included, however.
Me – Mardu Angels (3-0)
Akroma, Angel of Wrath
Assemble the Legion
Bruna, the Fading Light
Cavern of Souls
Conqueror's Galleon Flip
Gisela, the Broken Blade
Nahiri, the Harbinger
Smuggler Captain (finds Reanimate )
Sphere of the Suns
Pritch – Golgari Midrange (2-1)
Go for the Throat
Herald of Torment
Heir of the Wilds
Liliana of the Veil
Liliana, the Last Hope
Rite of Belzenlok
Sidisi, Undead Vizier
Thrun, the Last Troll
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
Westvale Abbey Flip
Yahenni, Undying Partisan
Paul – Grixis Control (1-1)
Creeping Tar Pit
Force of Will
Lich Lord of Unx
Nicol Bolas, the Ravager Flip
Purphoros, God of the Forge
Tezzeret, Artifice Master
Thassa, God of the Sea
Thing in the Ice Flip
Unscythe, Killer of Kings
Abby – Bant Midrange (0-1)
Bow of Nylea
Courser of Kruphix
Crush of Tentacles
Elixir of Immortality
Kiora, the Crashing Wave
Mikaeus, the Lunarch
Sigarda, Host of Herons
Spirit of the Labyrinth
Sword of War and Peace
Matt – Four Color Good Stuff (1-1)
Arch of Orazca
Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim
Birds of Paradise
Brimaz, King of Oreskos
Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
Maze of Ith
Odric, Master Tactician
Path to Exile
Price of Fame
Sword of Light and Shadow
Teferi, Hero of Dominaria
Tetzimoc, Primal Death
Through the Breach
Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
Voice of Resurgence
Warden of the First Tree
Zacama, Primal Calamity
Ben – Temur Cascade– (0-1)
Akroma, Angel of Fury
Braid of Fire
City of Brass
Ghalta, Primal Hunger
Heart of Ramos
Kira, Great Glass-Spinner
Pact of Negation
Sai, Master Thopterist
Search for Azcanta Flip
Sword of Fire and Ice
Urabrask the Hidden
Volatile Chimera (I forget what was on it, never came up)
Courrtney – Green Black Delirium (0-1)
Avenger of Zendikar
Empty the Pits
Emrakul, the Promised End
Garruk Relentless Flip
Great Sable Stag
Greenwarden of Murasa
Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni
Isareth the Awakener
Master of the Wild Hunt
Oracle of Mul Daya
See the Unwritten
Whip of Erebos
3 years ago
Not sure if you're taking suggestions, I just stumbled on this while looking for KTK jeskai decks... but your land-base is extremely light and you are too light on ramp creatures to run anything less than 24 lands. If you run a playset of Rattleclaw Mystic and Whisperer of the Wilds then you can run 22 lands. Cut Frost Walker entirely and go down to 3x Heir of the Wilds to make room for the ramp.
3 years ago
Heir of the Wilds i think would work well. Combat Celebrant could help be aggressive
Vexing Devil could be fun