Put target creature card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control. You lose life equal to its converted mana cost.
|Want (12)||OtakuGamerGeek , SNIBRS297 , 3xist3ntial , berk , Themcman , Blackswordsman123 , cannon13f , MapleSyrup132 , JohnTubaina , DragonKnightZero , Tinnuki , CJ_Crispy_97|
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Rare|
|Ultimate Masters Promo (UMAP)||Mythic Rare|
|Tempest Remastered (TPR)||Uncommon|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Uncommon|
|Premium Deck Series: Graveborn (GRV)||Uncommon|
|Battle Royale Box Set (BRB)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Reanimate occurrence in decks from the last year
1 day ago
- cut Doomed Dissenter since it can't be recast with your commander, and there are plenty of 2/2 zombies for 2 which can
- cut Festering Mummy because in commander, most creatures will not die with a couple of -1/-1 counters. Consider keeping it if your opponents play lots of mana dorks such as Llanowar Elves
- cut Ghoulraiser, your commander casts a zombie of your choice from the graveyard anyway
- cut Liliana's Steward, targeted discard is bad in commander. You and the targeted opponent lose a card, but your other two opponents don't.
- cut Increasing Ambition, it simply costs too much mana for the effect in my opinion
- cut Sealed Fate, it's pretty bad unless your opponent just used a Worldly Tutor or something
- cut Shamble Back, you don't want to exile your own creatures, and it's a pretty poor form of graveyard hate.
- cut Remove Soul, if you're paying 2 mana for a counterspell, you want it to hit more than just creatures
- cut Spell Snuff, 3 mana counterspells are too expensive
- cut Vile Rebirth for the same reason as Shamble Back
- cut Manalith and Nyx Lotus. When you're in 2 colours, you generally don't want to pay more than 2 mana to ramp. Plus if you ramp on turn 2, you'll have 4 mana on turn 3, allowing you to cast your commander early
- cut Telepathy, it's not worth using a card to see your opponents hand unless you're playing something specific like maybe Sen Triplets.
- For semi-budget 2-colour deck, your mana base looks pretty good. I would just cut Skyline Cascade, having it come in tapped isn't worth it for it's effect in commander. You can probably just play a basic island in its place.
If you want to upgrade your mana base, avoid lands that come in tapped like Dimir Guildgate. A few suggestions would be Command Tower, Choked Estuary, Darkwater Catacombs, Drowned Catacomb, Tainted Isle, Underground River, Watery Grave.
I hope that was helpful! Here's a link to my The Scarab God commander deck which has a pretty similar zombie tribal theme to what you have. Take a look through it and maybe you'll find more cards that I forgot to mention. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask!
1 week ago
Nice build. I run a similar deck lead by Mairsil, the Pretender, in which Oona is a primary win con. My two cents: resolving a Devastation Tide, Wash Out or Cyclonic Rift before a wheel effect, such as provided by Jace's Archivist, Wheel and Deal, or Windfall (you are already running this) is enough to ruin anyone’s game. Couple it with Notion Thief (which you are already running) or Narset, Parter of Veils, and you have all-but won as you opponents are left with little to no hand. Run Reanimate for more recursion options. Have fun!
2 weeks ago
I'm not exactly sure where you're taking your list. are you going for aristocrats? theft? control? it feels a bit spread out at the moment.
it might help to specifically pick one of those themes and go through the list and ask "how does this card contribute to that theme?"
A few cards i'm not sure make sense generally:
you have a lot of Fork effects. is there a particular reason why? if not you may want to consider some less situational cards.
I personally feel Dack's Duplicate doesn't add much, but depending on your meta it might be a good fit.
I don't think Twilight's Call is a good card for you. Living Death is ok since it can be pretty one sided a lot of the time, but generally i've never found I am in great need for mass reanimation effects. I think between Reanimate and Victimize you'll have enough if you need it.
you should also check out the marchesa subreddit and discord server
3 weeks ago
Yeah I definitely didn't want it to be Reanimated and just kill someone, that's why it's cast-dependent. Good feedback, though. I'll work on the card
3 weeks ago
Tortured Existence for easy swap of big creatures to reanimate later for small creature to cast them again during early game.
Cards like Sadistic Sacrament, Bitter Ordeal, Nightmare Incursion, Praetor's Grasp are great for removing either important combo pieces of opponent's decks or just remove anything that could directly harm you and your plan. Peer into the Abyss could be fun aswell, also Temporal Extortion.
Fabled Passage - I dont really understand why would you use this in mono-color deck? Doesnt really seems like worth using just for another land for Urborg.
Beacon of Unrest - Really nice card to reanimate any creature or artifact.
Buried Alive, Reanimate and Entomb are just classic reanimator cards.
Blood for Bones, Victimize are also pretty decent reanimator cards.
Mortuary/Haunted Crossroads - kinda reanimator enchantments for Bolas's Citadel
For Syr Konrad, the Grim I run Tainted Strike as a sneaky finisher. All you need is a lot of creatures on board and someone just board-wiping them or I use Tortured Existence+Desecrated Tomb+Phyrexian Altar
Cavalier of Night - works both as good sac outlet and reanimator for creatures with cmc or less.
Clackbridge Troll could be worth using both as "food" for Massacre Wurm and force opponents to either sac or take damage from Troll during combat.
3 weeks ago
Thanks for the comment and upvote! I think this deck could also be run with Gyruda in the command zone. I decided to run him as a companion instead with Atris in the command zone for several reasons:
-Gyruda's ability can only hit even cmc creatures, so running odd cmc creatures in the deck is sub-optimal even if you don't have to meet the companion prerequisite.
-Atris makes for a solid guaranteed draw spell in the beginning of the game as well as a great late-game option if you run out of gas. He can be cloned to draw more cards if you need to. And he helps to pitch creatures into your graveyard which supports the reanimator theme of the deck.
-The reanimator theme of the deck makes it easy enough to bring Gyruda back from the graveyard if you do want to use him again. Some may say that casting him from the command zone a second time is better but at that point, I don't think paying 8 mana for him is worth it. I would rather cast Reanimate.
-The deck doesn't require Gyruda to function. Ideally you get to use him, but even if you don't, you still have a reliable draw engine with Atris and clones. And you since you have clones, you also have your choice of the threats that your opponents control.
1 month ago
Ah, I have piloted a mono-black discard deck for quite the number of years. I have Chainer, Dementia Master at the helm myself, as he is a rather powerful card when everyone's hands are empty, thus he reigns unanswered. Therefrom, a great amount of methods may be used to win.
Tinybones is less of a finisher itself, more so a value engine. As such, I would recommend possessing a lower curve to take advantage of the card draw and more potent finishers within the deck to hent for victory. Also, having card draw outside of the commander would grant a better backup plan. A discard deck's goal is to empty each opponent's hand and win by going unthreatened. If no players have cards to discard, Tinybones cannot provide draw.
The changes I would make are more instants so you kill things once they resolve as opposed to waiting a full turn, swifter discard in the early game to make your commander more effective, stronger finishers for the sake of ending the game betime, and just cutting some cards.
So, first, there are some things I would remove.
- Murderous Compulsion may go with the discard theme, but it's conditional removal at sorcery-speed.
- Bad Deal is ironically a bad deal, as it is six mana for two cards gone.
- Assassin's Strike is just egregious. A six-mana sorcery to kill one thing and they discard but one card. Begone.
- Unnerve is fine but not great. Being a one time effect at four mana, I dislike it, though Xantcha is a great character in the art.
- Haunting Hymn is six mana, which is far too late for discard effects to be effective. You want discard early, as it makes it far more difficult for decks to catch their footing.
- I have the same reason for Tasigur's Cruelty.
- Cabal Conditioning has an identical reason.
- I have a shortlist for this category, being creatures without long-game value; Burglar Rat, Liliana's Reaver, and Banshee of the Dread Choir have discard stapled to them, but don't do much else whilst lacking much in terms of evasion for Larceny.
- Scythe Specter is slow and other cards just do its job better, and Herald of Anguish is slow and lacks fodder for its second ability.
- Necrogen Spellbomb is just crap. Two mana for one card from a single player's hand is awful. Don't play this.
- Awaken the Erstwhile neglects the game plan of having more cards than your opponents whilst lacking the option of going back. I'd just add a stronger finisher.
Alright. With that out of the way, I may suggest other cards.
Upon card draw, you have none outside of the Trinket Thief, Rankle, and Geth's Grimoire. I'd add any of Phyrexian Arena, Sign in Blood, Underworld Connections, and Dread Presence. Necropotence may seem as if it negates the strategy, but it is always worth it.
Lightning Greaves just seem great.
Now, for the finishers I have many. Do note that these are meant to be played when people haven't any cards in hand, hence lacking answers for these once on the field. Sheoldred, the Whispering One grants value from each player's bin whiles eating at their board. Abhorrent Overlord offers a swarm of flyers to end the game. Grave Titan is much the same. Archfiend of Despair goes well with Tinybones's second ability. Though I am not too fond of it, Archfiend of Spite offers much. Geth, Lord of the Vault hents the opponent's graveyards to swarm the board. Kokusho, the Evening Star is a massive threat that harms upon death. Kothophed allows for a quite a bit of card draw. Lord of the Void is always fun. Lastly, Gray Merchant of Asphodel does so much every time it hits the field.
Of course, I'd add more ramp and reanimation. Mind Stone, Arcane Signet, Charcoal Diamond, and Lake of the Dead are great for ramp. Animate Dead, Reanimate, and Dread Return are fine ways to get stuff from anyone's yard, save for the Return.
That shall be all from me. Do enjoy your day!
1 month ago
Hey SynergyBuild! Nice hearing from ya and I hope you're doing well! I think in regard to Culling the Weak, when I usually am in a position to crack it I've been able to sacrifice Tinybones to it on my combo turn. Mausoleum Secrets has felt dead occasionally though, but it has been able to fetch me a timely Reanimate in a pinch. I think it's been really useful overall in my playtesting despite being limited on how many creatures I have in the deck.
Feel free to PM me any time though. Life has picked up quite a bit as of late, but I should be around on this platform frequently enough to brew with you. :)