Put target creature card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control. You lose life equal to its converted mana cost.
|Want (6)||blindabe , Soulo , Flashdog22 , Hollowdude711 , sylain , MikeWhite81|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Reanimate occurrence in decks from the last year
1 week ago
I did not mean to skip you on such late notice, apologizes. To be frank, I had no idea what to suggest for this deck other than maybe Reanimate Unearth, couple counterspells Drown in the Loch, Force of Negation.
1 week ago
I see someone else has already started brewing the new commander. I really like where the deck is heading! Here are a couple suggestions I would give for the brew:
-1 Beacon of Unrest... In general I dont think you'll be getting enough cards in opponent's graveyards for this to matter very much
-1 Crux of Fate... No dragons in the deck, doesn't seem incredibly good at 5 mana, but you can keep this one in without a huge problem.
I'm noticing maybe too much emphasis on a theft style of play? I personally would go the route of controlling your opponents hand and board until you can ramp to Tibalt and pop off, though this is your choice.
-1 Grab the Reins...7 mana for getting a little value out of a creature the destroying it just isn't good enough when you could be devoting that slot to better ramp options (which this deck desperately needs)
Nothing much to say here, maybe cut a mountain or two for some swamps for better mana? Maze of Ith seems good for protecting walker Tibalt in a pinch
-1 Stormfist Crusader... One extra card per opponent usually won't matter
-1 Glasses of Urza... this card will never be relevant. Ever.
Nothing much to say here in terms of cutables.
-1 Angrath, the Flame-Chained... To expensive, too little payoff
-1 Ob Nixilis Reignited...inefficient card draw/removal engine
Cards to Consider
Note: Add more sacrifice outlets like Yawgmoth, Thran Physician or Phyrexian Altar to prevent your opponents from getting any creatures you stole back. Additionally, I would suggest to find a few more cards of removal and focus on making the deck play as smoothly as possible. Really love where the deck is headed. Good work =)
1 week ago
If you like self-mill, you'd be looking at the dredge mechanic. Golgari Thug, for example.
There are a couple other decks that don't use dredge, but it really depends on the format you're playing. If you're going to play tournaments, you should probably use a dredge variant in Legacy or Modern, or Spy in Pioneer.
Reanimator is pretty good in Pauper, though.
If you're just playing with friends casually, reanimator with the slower spells like Zombify(as opposed to Reanimate or Dance of the Dead) is probably better Otherwise you'd be stomping the crap out of people.
2 weeks ago
Helm of Obedience if not going combo route
Arisen Gorgon Too dependant on Liliana being on the field
Gorgon Recluse Too high CMC for what you do
Infernal Medusa Medusa /= Gorgon
Keepsake Gorgon Too high mana for one and done
Korozda Gorgon Too high CMC && not running heavy +1+1 Presence
Ohran Viper As you are in blue, you have better options for card draw, especially because this one means you have to deal damage to player first.
Oona's Blackguard Cut unless you are rogue heavy
Pitiless Gorgon All your snakes will typically have deathtouch or be able to gain it, at 3 mana this should do more.
Gaze of the Gorgon A little too high mana but hilarious at the same time.
Vraska, Relic Seeker Might be better for pirate deck, it's not on flavor at all here, and not in line with or as powerful as your other walkers.
Vraska, Swarm's Eminence This is useful however high mana for what it does, totally up to you, this could go either way.
Chromatic Lantern To ensure you make colors. Given you're going heavy black we may need to revise this item.
Chevill, Bane of Monsters super value at 2 cmc
Baleful Strix Super value at 2cmc, fly, dedtouch, card draw
Fathom Feeder value town, and if you yank combo pieces this can help facilitate a win with it's ability
Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons 2cmc, high high values and makes SNEKS!!!!
Hythonia the Cruel Yeet cannons all non-gorgon creatures + big creature
Seshiro the Anointed SNEK SNEK +2+2 to all SNEKS! Draw card wen snek do damage!
Kaseto, Orochi Archmage Unblockable +2+2 SNEKS!
Prowling Serpopard Make's your Sneks and Gorgon's Un-Counterable
Stonecoil Serpent cool snek, but I think you might already have cooler in deck & on list
Orochi Hatchery Funny stuff this one, totally up to you
Bow of Nylea all creatures get deathtouch + more check this one out
Ohran Frostfang Gives attacking creatures you control ded touch and when your creatures damage a player, draw a card.
Kodama's Reach Mana Ramp
Search for Tomorrow Mana Ramp
Three Visits Mana Ramp
3 weeks ago
I have a Malfegor deck!
He's better off as a utility piece in your command zone rather than trying to build the deck around him. I play it as a synergy through discard deck. Pretty much all the Megrim effects, wheels in Rackdos colors, and a reanimator package (Reanimate, Animate Dead, Necromancy, Dance of the Dead, and Command the Dreadhorde). The World gorger Dragon combo makes a decent win condition. My favorite synergy in the deck is between Avaricious Dragon and Ghirapur Orrery :D
1 month ago
The deck seems to be going in too many directions at once to function effectively. I think, my best advice would be to eliminate the +1/+1 strategy, because you aren't really leaning into it and it doesn't create good synergy with your commander. I might even drop the green out altogether and pick a different partner commander ensuring black is in the color identity, such as Vial Smasher the Fierce.
If it was me, I'd lean heavily into pushing cards into your graveyard and then recurring them in multiple ways. You want transmute there with Ramirez to reuse already. I'd want want to dump a lot of the current draw package and instead pull in discard draw to push more cards to your graveyard for recursion. The red in Vial Smasher the Fierce would allow you to easily lean into this with draw like Tormenting Voice, Faithless Looting, Intuition and the 20 other options just like it. Then package in a more effective recursion suite, such as Phyrexian Reclamation, Animate Dead, Reanimate, Unburial Rites or Yawgmoth's Will. I don't think a transmute sub-theme is a problem. You might be able to lean into in some games, but there definitely aren't enough good transmute cards to be the main theme. For wincon, you could go more voltron and Vial Smasher the Fierce is beneficial in this by being a damage dealer on its own. For Voltron, I'd focus on pump spells and trample givers that are one-time spends that you can then pull back to your and rinse and repeat.
Thanks for using custom sorting. I always find it so much easier to review a deck that way.
1 month ago
Lhurgyof - I would personally keep those cards away from Syr Konrad and use them in deck with K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth, Vilis, Broker of Blood, etc... also from the new set: Profane Transfusion (I know this is few months old comment, so you probably know about it already).
nieds - I see you already got a lot of really good cards, I'll just type some of them that I cut out since they're kinda meh in this kind of deck below. Anyway, you can check my Syr Konrad's deck here: For the Void. Im still switching few cards, explaining why I chose every card in the deck description, etc. I decided to go with mix of reanimator+aristocrats with several infinite combos. So I would welcome any feedback aswell and you might get some inspiration right there! :)
Some cards I would cut and why:
1) Loxodon Warhammer - is good in voltron / attack based decks, but here it looks like a random card that can gives you some life back (which black/other artifacts can do just better than lifelink artifact), but for 6 mana its meh. You could replace it with Shadowspear, which is three times mana cheaper and provides you with another utility ability. Or simply Bontu's Monument as another pseudo mana rock that also gives you a bit of life.
2) Sensei's Divining Top - I know SDT is amazing on its own, but I wouldnt personally bother with it, unless you would go for the Aetherflux Reservoir + Bolas's Citadel + Sensei's Divining Top combo. I would switch it for either Viscera Seer (as another free sac outlet), or my choice for my deck was Shadows of the Past (with any infinite creature generator+sac and Bolas's Citadel, you can just "tutor" and cast whatever you want from top of your deck - think I explained it in my deck's description already or I add it sometime later).
3) Painful Quandary - Again, good card, just doesnt fit that well in my opinion. Goes well with Mindcrank and Archfiend of Despair but thats probably about it. I would rather put it in some discard focused deck. Instead of this, card like Morality Shift would be really cool for sure. Or cards like Forever Young / Gravepurge / Death Denied to proc Syr Konrad's ability and recast them with Bolas's Citadel + another card draw sources. Or you could also stick to enchantments liie Mortuary/Haunted Crossroads (parts of my infinite combos).
4) From planeswalkers I would personally keep only Liliana of the Dark Realms (to help with land drops and deck thining) and Tevesh Szat, Doom of Fools (creates more tokens than Lilianas, decent card-draw and punish opponents for letting you -10 him). Other Lilianas are not bad for sure, just either slow or not that fascinating as they seems to be. Karns are just out of place.
Cards I would put in for sure:
1) Tortured Existence - even on its own, it triggers Syr Konrad's ability twice and only for everytime! As you might already know, I use it with Phyrexian Altar and Desecrated Tomb to make infinite etb/die/sac triggers.
2) Bog Witch - discarding (creature) cards to trigger Syr Konrad's ability; is basically Dark Ritual on a stick which you could use to Reanimate/Animate Dead/Victimize right after. Also is 1/1, so another target for your Skullclamp.
3) Doom Whisperer - big good stuff with ability to filter your deck and put creatures directly from your library into the graveyard.
4) Haunted Crossroads - even on its own, its great way to get your creatures back (on top of library for Bolas's Citadel), next to Phyrexian Reclamation.
5) Emergence Zone - simply to give your spells Flash when you would need them, really nice utility land (similar is Winding Canyons but only for creatures, so eh).
6) Malakir Rebirth Flip - cheap way to "protect" your creature, triggering Syr Konrad's ability or another land if needed.
7) Tainted Strike - absolute game winning beast card with Syr Konrad and either any creature/sac generator, boardwipe with 10+ creatures on board, or discard/mill cards.
8) Diabolic Intent - you got plenty of token generators, so this is just mana-cheap tutor.
9) Feed the Swarm - more ways to deal with enchantments and creatures.
I hope some of this will help and you like some of those cards! :)
1 month ago
Some Commander Legends updates:
uninvited, Spire of Industry finally in, added the Vault of Whispers and Ancient Den as well as the Mox Opal to support. Thrill of Possibility has been good too at getting Worldgorger Dragon or Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker out of hand.
LordKunai, Leyline Tyrant just runs too slow, not going to commit him to the deck. Lion's Eye Diamond / Lurrus of the Dream-Den lines would be nice if you have a LED. Imperial Recruiter let's you really go for the Leonin Relic-Warder combo piece. If you want to go that route, I would remove the Worldgorger Dragon combo completely, and also include Recruiter of the Guard. I replaced Steelshaper's Gift with Open the Armory, wasn't a significant change. With it in though, I was thinking take Corpse Dance out since I have the extra Animate Dead tutor, which abandons the Dockside Extortionist / Corpse Dance line, which never happens anyway. WGD has T1 potentials (like my Buried Alive/Reanimate Line) but Bogardan Hellkite is SOOO bad, I was even thinking to try Omen of the Forge instead.
Need this card: Bogardan Drake, BR, Dragon, Flash, Flying, Haste 1/1. When Bogardan Drake enters the battlefield deal 1 damage to any target. Dash R or something lol to replace Bogardan Hellkite, there just isn't anything Flash/Instant in the game of magic.