Oracle of Mul Daya
Creature — Elf Shaman
You may play an additional land on each of your turns.
Play with the top card of your library revealed.
You may play the top card of your library if it's a land card.
|Want (9)||brownwaterboys , Ryk7 , Abel8658 , Tezlik , Rabu , StillStorming , Mussahumano , Sejr_Odinsson , DallaThaun|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Oracle of Mul Daya occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.08%
RG (Gruul): 1.05%
BRG (Jund): 1.1%
BUG (Sultai): 0.58%
Oracle of Mul Daya Discussion
5 days ago
snacktruck I've been playing this deck in a combo heavy meta recently so combat damage isn't really a concern.
i'm planning on doing a bit of an overhaul on this deck again though, adding more value creatures like Oracle of Mul Daya and Faerie Artisans , so spore frog could be a consideration... i do like that it encourages opponents to attack each other instead of me.
6 days ago
Actually I thought about it a little bit and I'll offer up a few other suggestions. I think the deck looks pretty good but maybe adding in a few more cards that destroy lands would work well. I don't know how your meta reacts to land destruction though. I know that my meta is ok with a few land destruction spells but mass land destruction is looked down upon. Adding Strip Mine , Wasteland or Field of Ruin would probably be okay. Playing extra lands on your turn is probably super important to your strategy so I think that Sakura-Tribe Scout or Skyshroud Ranger would be pretty nice. If you could get your hands on Oracle of Mul Daya that would be superb but I know it is pretty expensive these days. Tunneling Geopede could help get some damage output on the board. Sylvan Safekeeper offers some protection and can get lands in your graveyard if you need them there. I've always wanted to make a land matters deck but getting all the pieces together is too expensive for my blood. Good luck!!
1 week ago
No joke on Oracle of Mul Daya . It needs a reprint, badly, and there is no reason to not reprint it...(cough, cough, secondary market, cough, cough).
1 week ago
bushido_man96 thanks for the feedback. I think this deck is shaping up. Some better card draw is probably needed. Rishkar's Expertise looks awesome. Still need to get some play testing in. If Oracle of Mul Daya would ever be reprinted would be nice.
1 week ago
I haven't dissected each card yet, but on the first look these 3 are what I see becoming a staple or a fun commander to build a deck with:
As most of you also noticed, Dryad of the Ilysian Grove is a possible staple for decks with green. It's a similar version of Oracle of Mul Daya but instead of possibly playing a land card from the revealed top card of the deck to a Prismatic Omen effect. I would definitely add this to my Willowmaker, Doran the Siege Tower deck, since it has toughness greater than it's power plus the effects mentioned above.
So far I haven't seen this card being hyped for EDH as much as I would suspect, but Treacherous Blessing is a great card draw spell! 3 mana for draw three?! That's a great deal! You can target the enchantment with an ability, so you don't even lose a life.. It's typical to Painful Truths but without using a 3-color commander to draw 3 cards.
Storm's Wrath is straight-up a mass removal for red! You can compare it to Wrath of God , Damnation or Day of Judgment but using the characteristics of red in the color pie plus it deals with planeswalkers too! No more other conditions to consider, like Blasphemous Act or Chain Reaction for them to wipe the board. Granted 4 damage isn't that big of a deal with EDH creatures, but it's still a great mid game mass removal or against token decks..
Honorable Mention: Heliod, Sun-Crowned - it's the best possible mono-white commander in my opinion, even though it will be obvious that the deck will definitely have the game ending Heliod, Sun-Crowned + Walking Ballista or Heliod, Sun-Crowned + Triskelion combo. But it's still a step to improve white as a color in EDH, especially mono-white..
1 week ago
XinZhao: I think is is a fine replacement for a budget build if you dont have an Oracle of Mul Daya , but the utility of Mina and Denn bouncing lands has won me many games. The trample is a nice cherry on top too. As you could imagine with all our ramp, color is never a problem. Valakut is useless 99% of the time, and adding one card to make it work is just a bad gamble.
1 week ago
My friend runs a Borborygmos Enraged deck, and he runs it with 60-70 lands (I can't remember the exact number, but its in that range). I think that is a pretty high land count compared to other variations of the deck, but it does work quite well.
He settled on that number because he wanted to be able to "combo" with Borborygmos and Keen Sense / Snake Umbra . With that high of a land count, just getting one of those auras on him is usually enough to kill 2-3 players.
It does mean that he has to run cards like Abundance , Courser of Kruphix , Oracle of Mul Daya , Tireless Tracker and Wheel of Fortune to try and draw into the non-land cards though. There are some games that the deck floods out, so I think it depends on how fast your meta usually is. If your games tend to go into the late turns (8-10), then you could probably accomodate a high land count and sacrifice some consistency. But if your meta tends to be faster, maybe having a land count in the 50-60 range would be better.
3 weeks ago
Omnath as main damage outlet (Go Tall)
- Plenty of creature based mana ramp from elves like Greenweaver Druid , Selvala, Heart of the Wilds , and Oracle of Mul Daya as well as all the classic elf ramp cards like Llanowar Elves
- Mana ramp sorcery spells like Tempt with Discovery and Traverse the Outlands
- Increase Mana generation from each land per turn with cards like Doubling Cube , Vernal Bloom , Wilderness Reclamation , Bear Umbra , Caged Sun , and Nature's Will
- Increase the Mana generation from each tapped creature each turn from cards like Leyline of Abundance , and increase the amount of mana gained by having more elves with cards like Wirewood Channeler , Rishkar, Peema Renegade , Priest of Titania , and Joraga Treespeaker .
- Increase both of the above with Seedborn Muse , which, along with Tempt with Discovery , only gets stronger the more opponents you have.
Elf synergy as secondary source of damage (Go Wide)
- Pump elves with other elves with help of cards like Elvish Archdruid , Elvish Champion , Ezuri, Renegade Leader Imperious Perfect , and Joraga Warcaller
- Elf token creation with cards with Elvish Promenade , Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury , and Imperious Perfect
Protection for both commander and high value Elves
- Basic equipment like Lightning Greaves , Swiftfoot Boots , Darksteel Plate , and Whispersilk Cloak to slow down or stop removal
- Asceticism , Stonehoof Chieftain , Archetype of Endurance , and Vigor as creatures and enchantments to protect your board.
Win Condition enablers
- Helix Pinnacle to use up mana on if Omnath is ever about to be destroyed.
- Triumph of the Hordes for trample and infect for a fast win combines with other trample abilities from cards like Stonehoof Chieftain , and Ezuri, Renegade Leader to allow you to force damage through.
- Hydra's like Primordial Hydra and Hydra Broodmaster provide other mana outlets to instantly set up fast overwhelming armies.