Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Human Warrior
When Maulfist Revolutionary enters the battlefield or dies, for each kind of counter on target permanent or player, give that permanent or player another counter of that kind.
1 year ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
1 year ago
Devoted Druid :heart_eyes: Epochrasite (Always around to help recast Hamz?) Fearless Fledgling (Hamz Caster with evastion for beats) Hornbash Mentor 9Lots of Trample already) Keensight Mentor (beefy vigi's are sick blockers) Maulfist Revolutionary (Doubling Season) Narnam Renegade (Mean blocker with counter chance) Obsessive Skinner (Hamz caster with handout counters) Orzhov Advokist (THIS IS INSANE, you get two counters each upkeep bare minimum) Wildwood Scourge (Hamz Caster, play for 2 and watch him be huge in the mid game)
1 year ago
You should add Maulfist Revolutionary to double the poison counters on your opponent
1 year ago
Last_Laugh I see you did some quick math.
So, since you are playing Sultai, some reanimation strategies and their creatures are really useful. Reanimate and Exhume are the best in the game, alongside Animate Dead and friends. The reason why these are good is because if you manage to reanimate a big threat quickly and start cloning those threats, even if the threat is removed you probably have a million copies of it.
Grave Titan is powerful, with the potential to end games by itself if left unchecked. If you have lots of copies, however, you could win in 2-3 turns easy.
Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger's mill ability is very strong, even in commander. A few clones and you got the game in the bag.
Baleful Force and similar cards are very good, giving you lots of card advantage.
Sower of Temptation just gets really mean with clones. (At the same time, it gets impossible to track who stole what, or, more accurately, what stole what. Now, where's my hat?)
Cloning a Gray Merchant of Asphodel will close a game.
Gilder Bairn, Maulfist Revolutionary and proliferate cards are very good with counters, getting scary quick. Heroes' Bane is such a cool card, and it's always funny seeing someone grow their hydra into mega thicc mode. I did this, and ran out of dice. I borrowed the store's dice, but they ran out too.
Based on the comments above, I'm sure the deck will turn out to be very good, and you might even lose a friend or two when playing magic!
3 years ago
4 years ago
This looks like my jam. I read your blog post about having a hard time finding an archetype for UW and UG.
Turns out in Core2019 UW has an artifacts draft theme, also worth noting, Dominaria’s “historic” draft archetype was also UW. Maybe there’s something to that, since all artifacts are historic spells.
Have you considered counters to be a UG thing? Between energy, charge counters, proliferate, and fabricate there might be a definite deck here. Maulfist Revolutionary and Skyship Plunderer would be really cool here.
4 years ago
Land upgrade is Blooming Marsh (you really want access to both colors of mana T1). I would recommend Doomfall over Slice in Twain and 1x Duress. Arbor Armament isn't a great card, I would replace them with Sentinel Totem for some graveyard hate. Mainboard: remove the Maulfist Revolutionary for one more Llanowar Elves and another Walking Ballista. There's much better removal than Walk the Plank as well, while Vraska's Contempt is the best, a few more Fatal Push would also be good.
4 years ago
Looks interesting... Maybe your collection is growing and you've yet to have acquired all the cards, but I'd definitely start with playing all the cards with kicker in the colors of Hallar. Consider a saproling sub-theme to stay cost-effective and create more synergy.
It seems like you are working with a budget, so I'll avoid suggesting things like Carnage Tyrant, because I think there are still cheap includes that increase the power/speed of this deck.
You might consider adding these SUPER budget cards. These will be better filler and combo with your +1/+1 counter theme:Arbor ArmamentCultivator's CaravanDurable HandicraftEnter the UnknownGrand Warlord RadhaLifecrafter's GiftMaulfist RevolutionaryNew HorizonsPath of DiscoveryRidgescale Tusker