Creature — Elf Warrior
Other Elf creatures you control get +1/+1.
, : Create a 1/1 green Elf Warrior creature token.
|Have (2)||thirdwhirly , gildan_bladeborn|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Imperious Perfect Discussion
2 months ago
4 months ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
4 months ago
Elves work really well with warriors, with about half of the tribe being warriors themselves.
5 months ago
There are a few cards making very little sense to me:
Primal Amulet - Right now you're running 4 instants & sorceries.
Library of Leng - Are you drawing that much? Is your meta that full of discard? Reliquary Tower would be a better fit unless your meta is really heavy on discard.
Grinding Station - You're playing few artifacts. I think I counted 13. Might be wrong though. Still, most of those artifacts are stuff you don't want to sac.
Tower Above + Bequeathal - Your commander gives shroud to most of your creatures. You don't want to target them 99.9% of the time. Considering your commander and the fact that people will try to get rid of it asap I might go with Myth Unbound.
Most of the lands coming into play tapped. Most of them are subpar.
Adaptive Automaton - Elves have more than enough lords. No need for a non-green creature.
Allosaurus Rider - Although I'm not against this card per se, I think you'll need to play more stuff to make it work. Blighted Woodland and Myriad Landscape + Kodama's Reach and whichever other mana ramp you can add to the deck.
Beast of Burden - There are elves that do this. Heedless One, Jagged-Scar Archers and Drove of Elves (which you're playing) are elves and they get shroud from the commander. The 1st has trample, the 2nd kills fliers and the 3rd has hexproof which is good when your commander is out.
Bloom Tender - This card belongs in multicolored decks. Preferably 3 or more colors. You have several elves that tap for G, costing 1 cmc. At 2 cmc you'll prefer Priest of Titania.
Fangren Marauder - High CMC, triggers on artifacts destroyed only and does something that comes natural to elves: lifegain. Wellwisher is way better.
Llanowar Mentor - You're not playing madness, I don't see anything to abuse cards from your grave... Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury is way better.
Mishra's Self-Replicator - Feeds Grinding Station, I know. Still, not that good, I believe.
Shaman of Spring - Masked Admirers does the same, has the same cmc and is repeatable.
Silhana Wayfinder - I'd prefer Wood Elves.
Spire Tracer - Meh.
Weatherseed Elf - Might work if you find a way of turning your non-green opponents lands into forests. My fav way is Deepwood Elder.
Some cards you might consider:
Lys Alana Huntmaster - Token generation. Self explanatory, I believe.
Marwyn, the Nurturer - Mana acceleration.
Wolf-Skull Shaman - Card advantage. Works quite well with Sylvan Library.
6 months ago
I agree with some of the cuts you already did that were suggested by abby315 and Keqing420. I also think you don't need Elvish Champion instead of Ezuri, Renegade Leader. I believe Ezuri is more reliably going to finish games over the champion. Beast Whisperer is part of the deck's card advantage and card playing engine so should stay in the deck without a big overhaul of the deck. Besides being a replacement for Glimpse of Nature in the deck since glimpse isnt Modern legal.
Some more cuts I feel could happen are; Deleting Elvish Promenade. Both Collected Company or Chord of Calling would be better in this deck than the promenade. I understand that the copies of Primal Surge fulfills what either of those might provide for this deck. But they are both way better than the promenade because they can get you your combo pieces. I would consider replacing it maybe with Turntimber Symbiosis Flip if you don't want to play either CoCo or Chord. Partly due to the fact it still puts brakes on your Surges and can serve as a land in a pinch. (Way not needed, I know). It gets more utility elves out like Coco and Chord so would make your gameplay more consistent. Or maybe Lead the Stampede instead?
I also agree that I would also cut the Fauna Shaman until you can get Craterhoof Behemoth. Without the behemoth, you just dont need anything else that badly to tutor up you won't be able to find with surge or your draw engine.
Also, I don't see any value from the copies of Elvish Clancaller. Your deck is more combo and going wide than needing anthem effects. It's activated ability costs way too much for just getting another clancaller. I would cut all 4 and see if your decks suffers at all. Or leave the fauna shamans and promenades and just cut those. Or replace them with copies of Elvish Champion even.
You also dont need anything in your maybe board except maybe Imperious Perfect. Though I would treat that as a slightly better card than the clancallers and wouldnt put them in the deck either. Helix Pinnacle is just picking a different win condition than the Ezuri/possible behemoth route. Metallic Mimic actually provides nothing the deck needs at all.
6 months ago
To make cuts, you'll need to pick a lategame plan. In theory, the strength of Elves is that you can snowball a bunch of small creatures which works for an aggro plan without much assistance, and those small creatures also contribute to a combo turn.
Right now you have several lategame payoffs: Ezuri, Renegade Leader; Primal Surge; Elvish Promenade; and Joraga Warcaller. Though you're a combo deck, you also have a few random tribal beatdown cards in Steel Leaf Champion and Elvish Clancaller that don't really fit with your main plan.
You should pick one top-end thing that you want to do and cut the rest. In most modern elf decks that's Craterhoof Behemoth or Ezuri. My suggestion is to cut every lategame piece except for Ezuri and Joraga Warcaller, and maybe add a Craterhoof or keep one Primal Surge (but just one so you can ensure you hit the whole deck). I would also shave Beast Whisperer to 2x.
The following cards I think are too slow or non-impactful for Modern: Imperious Perfect, Steel Leaf Champion, Marwyn, the Nurturer, Elvish Visionary. I also think Fauna Shaman is much worse if you aren't running Craterhoof.
That'd be my starting point for cuts. You can always look at other modern Elf decks for inspiration. GLHF!
10 months ago
You might like these: Flurry of Wings, Glare of Subdual, God-Pharaoh's Statue, Storage Matrix, Uba Mask, Tomorrow, Azami's Familiar, Mimic Vat, Proteus Staff, Empowered Autogenerator, Coalition Relic, Thraben Doomsayer, Imperious Perfect, Pride Sovereign, Steward of Solidarity, Selesnya Evangel, Mangara of Corondor (untap him while the ability is on the stack to use the ability multiple times before the effect resolves!)
10 months ago
First, play whatever cards you want or feel like. Your deck, your gameplay, and Have Fun!
The following are all friendly suggestions not in any way meant as criticism of your deck. But the singleton thing should get stopped. Figure out which elves work best for your local metagame and the decks you play against. Then go to 2 or 4 copies each of them. Cut the situational cards and put them in the sideboard for game 2 or remove them entirely. I would also follow abby315's list of suggestions and his suggestion of ditching weak pump spells and replace them with the various lords or creatures with a pump capability like others have suggested. Here is a list of cards that may be decent replacements or adds to your deck:
Ezuri, Renegade Leader is probably one of the better elf cards for aggro elves. Provides Regeneration for any other elves you have and Overrun at will. I would go to a 2 count
Imperious Perfect: Replace Wirewood Hivemaster with this card. The hivemaster produces insects so they wont bonus from your anthem/lord effects. Is not legendary so you can have up to 4 copies. Besides pumping all your other elves, they even produce them every turn. Worth 2-4 copies.
Reclamation Sage: Replace Deconstruct with this, maybe go to 2 copies main deck. But if the deck is for 1 on 1 put them in the sideboard for game 2.
Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen: Replace Stream of Life with this guy, go to 2 copies of this maybe
Loxodon Warhammer, Rancor or anything like them: Replace your instants that boost creatures with permanents like these or similar instead. Or if you are going to have a combat trick in your hand then make it something like Overwhelming Stampede, Wrap in Vigor or Heroic Intervention like abby315 suggested. If it's not a permanent you want a card that is going to change the game state dramatically not just boost 1 creature for 1 turn. Remember, if you have a card like Ezuri, Renegade Leader or your Timberwatch Elf you can activate his ability at instant speed which surprises people if they lose track of what you have in play.
Return of the Wildspeaker: An example of a go big instant instead of cards like Giant Growth. Replace any instant you have with this card. Its modal to refill your hand or giant growth all of your elves. At instant speed.
Beast Within: If you want instant speed removal, use a catch-all card like this instead of 1 card for artifacts, 1 card for creatures, etc. It doesnt need to be this card specifcally but one that targets any permanent at instant speed. And run at least 2 copies of it main deck to always have an answer in your deck for your opponent's stuff.
Lifecrafter's Bestiary: Replace wurm's tooth with a copy of this card instead. It will accelerate your deck. 2 copies wouldnt hurt.
Some good utlity cards:
Bow of Nylea: Excellent all around support card. Does many things but the big one is giving your elves deathtouch so even when you attack with them when they are tiny, they kill stuff. All the other utility is amazing value.
Leyline of Abundance: Another mana ramp/anthem/lord option that has a chance of getting put into play on turn 1.
Nullmage Shepherd: This card is like repeatable Naturalize. Sometimes holding an instant in your hand is better, but sometimes repeatable wins games.
Titania's Chosen: Replace stuff like Wurm's tooth or Nomadic Elf, Norwood Ranger with cards like this or some of your other better creatures you should be running more copies of.
Masked Admirers: Another good elf creature that provides a repeatable benefit that can be used to replace other cards you arent thrilled about.
Creeping Renaissance: Following someone wiping the table, this card or Fresh Meat can get you right back into the game.
Planeswalker suggestions. Because they are resistant to removal and can add a lot to a game if it goes long. Multiple repeatable abilities are strong. They are expensive, and I would try to trade for them if possible. If interested:
Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury: She makes llanowar elves! And she basically does all the things in Green's pie. Makes lots of elves, destroys artifacts and enchantments at will and draws cards.
Nissa, Who Shakes the World: Not on theme for elves, but she is so strong that I would feel lame not mentioning it for a mono green deck. Her static ramps you crazy style and her ultimate can finish games.
Nissa Revane: Basically, her ultimate would put all 24 of your elves into play in one turn. If you do want to put copies of her in your deck, I would also suggest replacing some other elves with 4 copies of Nissa's Chosen for added value.
Vivien Reid: This is a well-balanced walker for any green deck. Built in card advantage, removal and flyer killing, and then her ultimate is an emblem better than almost any other lord/anthem effect you can put in the deck.
Garruk Wildspeaker: My lowest choice for the list, but he plays early and produces creatures.
Land Suggestions. You may not need them, being mono-green doesnt mean there arent a couple good lands for your deck:
Oran-Rief, the Vastwood: While this is in play, most every creature you cast will get a counter. Basically a free boost for a little tempo loss.
Rogue's Passage: Does what it says, sometimes you only need 1 more hit to win. And it taps for some mana.
Pendelhaven: As long as this is untapped, a shock spell wont kill an elf! Kind of situational but useful.
Treetop Village: A forest that's also a 3/3 creature when you need it.
Again, these are just ideas to get you thinking about ways to improve your deck. The most important thing is to focus on what you want to do with the deck. Then get 4 copies of every card in your deck that makes that happen. Everything else after that should provide support, advantage or acceleration for those main cards.