Creature — Elf Warrior
Other Elf creatures you control get +1/+1.
, : Create a 1/1 green Elf Warrior creature token.
|Have (3)||DudeMan1031 , metalmagic , gildan_bladeborn|
|Want (6)||shadowninja1099 , GeorgeMirza , @Trapcard , xnewnoisex33 , SNIBRS297 , iggyboy456|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Uncommon|
|Arena Cards (ARENA)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Rare|
|Duel Decks Anthology (DD3)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
|Duels of the Planeswalkers (DPA)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Goblins (EVG)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Imperious Perfect occurrence in decks from the last year
Imperious Perfect Discussion
3 months ago
Hey, saw your post on reddit and couldn't help but check it out. I love me some elfball, so here's what I've got for you. Everything is of course my opinion and to be taken with ample helpings of salt. Hope it helps!
Lands: Mosswort Bridge is a trap, though I haven't tried it in elves yet. Reliquary Tower is a trap, when you fire off in an elfball deck you can usually cast what you draw. I'm okay with your tapped cycling lands bc they cycle, so that's fine, and Oran-Rief, the Vastwood is sneaky good. It's the only tapland I tend to run. Your best land by far is Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx and the best way to get it is Crop Rotation. When you already have it, you'll want to use it for an instant-speed Wasteland/Strip Mine or Wirewood Lodge. I don't usually run Ancient Tomb in elves but there's nothing saying you can't, and it helps when you have plenty of things with generic costs, as you do, along with some lifegain.
Potential Cuts and Swaps: Harmonize out, Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip in: Harmonize is a classic, but Growing Rites never disappoints. Even if it whiffs, you probably have a gaea's cradle at end of turn.
Overwhelming Stampede out, Finale of Devastation in: You already have the Ibex, and the Finale is far more versatile than the Stampede can ever be. Can grab all sorts of things instead of being a single pump and dump. Considering it could double Marwyn's mana output for a turn could earn its keep, though.
Wellwisher out, Essence Warden in: Incidental lifegain, if you want to use it, might be more reliable than being able to tap the Wellwisher for its effect reliably. Also, the Warden triggers on all creatures, including opponents.
Desert of the Indomitable out, Veil of Summer in: This card is just too good. Also, 33 lands is too many (I know, but you'd be surprised!) and this one ETB taps AND cycles for 2 mana instead of 1, so I'd cut it.
Doubling Season out, Asceticism in: I'm not sold on Doubling Season here, honestly, as Hardened Scales could serve the same purpose in most cases regarding the way this deck puts +1/+1 counters on things one at a time (mostly). If you REALLY want to lean in on the token doubling from Lys Alana Huntmaster, Elvish Promenade, and Imperious Perfect then it might could stay.
Genesis Wave out, Kindred Summons in: This counts tokens...it is ridiculous and casting it when you only have 3 or 4 elves out still feels great, whereas if you flip Praetor's Counsel with a nasty Genesis Wave you're a sad panda.
Dwynen's Elite needs a home here, its 2 mana for 2 counters on Marwyn, among other benefits. Not sure on what to pull out, but I've never been a big fan of Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen herself, really. You don't want to stack too deep on lord effects when its so easy to tutor them out or draw them for an explosive growth instead.
The last thing I will note, is that any non-Elf REALLY needs to earn its keep. Each and every elf in your list makes it stronger, be it with more mana, more tokens, more counters, all of those things.
The reddit thread has some great recommendations on cards to check out as well, so you've got a lot to sift through. Good base though!
Rhys Up is my current GB list, there might be some ideas for you in the main and maybe boards. The deck is mostly green but plays my favorite black stuff, and most of the cost difference between these two lists lies in the manabase.
3 months ago
Soul's Attendant = Archangel Soul Warden = Bulwark Giant Divine Visitation = Conifer Strider Imperious Perfect = Healer's Hawk Trostani, Selesnya's Voice = Nyxborn Colossus Elvish Archdruid = Seraph of the Suns Secure the Wastes = Skyspear Cavalry Beast Within = Abundant Growth Skullclamp = Khalni Heart Expedition Ajani's Pridemate = Meditation Puzzle Essence Warden = Feed the Clan
3 months ago
6 months ago
Imperious Perfect has 5 different printings at uncommon so yes it can be your cmdr
6 months ago
Imperious Perfect - first print uncommon, so it is legal as a mono-green pauper commander right?
7 months ago
Omnath as main damage outlet (Go Tall)
- Plenty of creature based mana ramp from elves like Greenweaver Druid , Selvala, Heart of the Wilds , and Oracle of Mul Daya as well as all the classic elf ramp cards like Llanowar Elves
- Mana ramp sorcery spells like Tempt with Discovery and Traverse the Outlands
- Increase Mana generation from each land per turn with cards like Doubling Cube , Vernal Bloom , Wilderness Reclamation , Bear Umbra , Caged Sun , and Nature's Will
- Increase the Mana generation from each tapped creature each turn from cards like Leyline of Abundance , and increase the amount of mana gained by having more elves with cards like Wirewood Channeler , Rishkar, Peema Renegade , Priest of Titania , and Joraga Treespeaker .
- Increase both of the above with Seedborn Muse , which, along with Tempt with Discovery , only gets stronger the more opponents you have.
Elf synergy as secondary source of damage (Go Wide)
- Pump elves with other elves with help of cards like Elvish Archdruid , Elvish Champion , Ezuri, Renegade Leader Imperious Perfect , and Joraga Warcaller
- Elf token creation with cards with Elvish Promenade , Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury , and Imperious Perfect
Protection for both commander and high value Elves
- Basic equipment like Lightning Greaves , Swiftfoot Boots , Darksteel Plate , and Whispersilk Cloak to slow down or stop removal
- Asceticism , Stonehoof Chieftain , Archetype of Endurance , and Vigor as creatures and enchantments to protect your board.
Win Condition enablers
- Helix Pinnacle to use up mana on if Omnath is ever about to be destroyed.
- Triumph of the Hordes for trample and infect for a fast win combines with other trample abilities from cards like Stonehoof Chieftain , and Ezuri, Renegade Leader to allow you to force damage through.
- Hydra's like Primordial Hydra and Hydra Broodmaster provide other mana outlets to instantly set up fast overwhelming armies.
9 months ago
Oviya is a unique general. You might like these: Garruk's Packleader , Elemental Bond , Thorn Mammoth , Fungal Sprouting , Parallel Evolution , Illusionist's Bracers , Nest Invader , Imperious Perfect , Master of the Wild Hunt , Verdant Embrace , Mycoloth , Nacatl War-Pride , Cryptolith Rite , Druids' Repository , Song of Freyalise