: Gain .
, : Target creature can't be blocked this turn.
|Want (4)||Brianne , SamppaSjalv , deathdealer1225 , grampa_alex|
Printings View all
|Zendikar Rising: Commander (ZNC)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2020 (C20)||Uncommon|
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Uncommon|
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Jace vs. Vraska (DDM)||Uncommon|
|Return to Ravnica (RTR)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Breath of Fury + Rogue's Passage + Sword of Feast and Famine
- Rogue's Passage + Tainted Strike
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Rogue's Passage Discussion
4 days ago
4 days ago
Thanks for all the suggestions! I've definitely considered Aggravated Assault for that reason, but part of the reason I'm considering Breath of Fury is that it has more moving parts and thus allows for more interaction from my opponents, hopefully preventing salt. The main issue I see is that breath of fury basically requires Goblin Tunneler or at least Rogue's Passage to be any good, while with Sword of the Paruns I can at least use whatever excess mana I have laying around to activate it if I don't have Skirk Prospector.
2 weeks ago
Swim_ish I would suggest Rogue's Passage making it so a creature can potentially hit unabated. If budget isn't much of a concern leaning into playing tons of lands Burgeoning would be a solid addition, Veil of Summer for some removal protection. Dryad Arbor is a solid include filling a creature slot but getting a landfall trigger when it enters. Guardian Project and Beast Whisperer are good for draw and can be considered.
I hope my suggestions help, definitely a cool build, you got an upvote from me.
2 weeks ago
Hey, good budget version of Omnath. Nice Sylvan Library :)
For around $25 you could make several budget improvements. Some budget staples in Commander for four colors to consider adding:
- Sol Ring: at TCGPlayer it's less than $3.
- Command Tower: it's less than $1.
- Arcane Signet: it's less than $3.
- Exotic Orchard
- Canopy Vista: it's less than $2.
- Cinder Glade: it's less than $1.
- Prairie Stream: it's less than $1.
Some budget cards for landfall to consider adding:
- Zendikar's Roil: repeatable 2/2 Elementals.
- Felidar Retreat: repeatable counters on all creatures you control including Omnath or repeatable 2/2 Cats.
- Risen Reef: can put a land onto the battlefield tapped or any other card into your hand and has good repeatable interaction with Elementals especially Zendikar's Roil and Omnath, Locus of Rage.
- Harrow: search for and put two basic lands onto the battlefield untapped.
- Springbloom Druid: search for and put two basic lands onto the battlefield tapped.
- Llanowar Scout: can play any land from your hand.
- Knight of the Reliquary: repeatable land tutor to search for any land and put it onto the battlefield.
- Growth Spiral
- Simic Growth Chamber
- Gruul Turf
- Selesnya Sanctuary
- Izzet Boilerworks
Land ramp that puts two lands onto the battlefield at the same time to trigger Omnath twice is helpful. Chamber, Turf, Sanctuary and Boilerworks are called Bounce lands and they can give you more chances to have lands in your hand to play to trigger landfall. They can also bounce themselves back to your hand which gives you at least one land drop each turn for landfall.
Omnath can benefit from some mana sinks to be able to consistently use the four mana he makes:
- Kessig Wolf Run: it's less than $1, repeatable trample and pump Omnath's power.
- Gavony Township: it's less than $1, repeatable counters for all creatures you control.
- Rogue's Passage: make Omnath unblockable to do Commander damage.
- Simic Ascendancy: repeatable counters and can be a win condition with counters only needing 20. Has very good interaction with Felidar Retreat and Gavony Township since these put a counter on each creature you control meaning each creature counts as putting one counter on Ascendancy.
- Wargate: Mystery Booster version is less than $2. Tutor for any permanent card and put it onto the battlefield.
If you're interested in these suggestions I offer more advice about cards to cut. Good luck with your deck.
3 weeks ago
Hey, good first draft version of Yahenni on a budget. Nice to see Skirsdag High Priest, underrated casual card in multiplayer Commander :)
Do you own the cards in the sideboard? If you do consider adding Grim Haruspex and Shadowspear to the main deck? Some advice for improvements is to expand on effects that make all your opponents sac a creature, more repeatable draw sources for when creatures die and more ramp.
Some cards to consider adding:
- Oathsworn Vampire: can cast it from your graveyard, combos with Bontu's Monument to drain your opponents for one . Also interacts with Yahenni + any aristocrat for .
- Buried Alive: tutor for and put three creatures into your graveyard who can reanimate/cast themselves from your graveyard.
- Bolas's Citadel: one of the most powerful mono black cards in Commander and you can take advantage of it having your Commander be a sac outlet with a repeatable draw source. If you see a land on top of your library and you don't have a land drop for the turn then you can sac a creature with Yahenni to draw the land. This potentially lets you cast more cards from the top with Citadel.
- Dark Prophecy: triggers when tokens you control die.
- Vona's Hunger
- Demon's Disciple
- Dreadhorde Invasion
- Crypt Ghast
- Bubbling Muck
- In Garruk's Wake
- Dark Ritual
- Culling the Weak
- Rogue's Passage: make Yahenni unblockable.
- Castle Locthwain and Witch's Cottage: budget utility lands for mono black.
My advice for cards to consider cutting are instant/sorcery removal spells and creatures that only kill one creature: Walk the Plank, Drag to the Underworld, Devour in Shadow, Morkrut Banshee, Skinrender, Gatekeeper of Malakir only kill one creature and they're not as good as Ravenous Chupacabra for the effect. You can get better value for Yahenni from more removal that hits all opponents.
Unless your using Altar of Dementia as an infinite combo to mill all your opponent's libraries in one turn then it's subpar as a sac outlet since not taking enough advantage of self-mill and repeatable opponent mill is risky in multiplayer Commander where graveyards are another resource for lots of decks. In my opinion repeatable draw is better here than repeatable self-mill. Skullclamp could replace Dementia as a comparable priced card with a better effect.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Barren Moor
- Desert of the Glorified
- Polluted Mire
- Mortician Beetle
- Walk the Plank
- Drag to the Underworld
- Devour in Shadow
- Morkrut Banshee
- Gatekeeper of Malakir
- Army of the Damned
- Altar of Dementia
- Avatar of Woe
- Murderous Rider
- Geralf's Messenger
Good luck with your deck.
3 weeks ago
You don't have a ton of card-draw, and I also recommend at least eight pieces for almost any deck. Graveyard recursion, especially the good ones, definitely count as card advantage in my book, so Phyrexian Reclamation is great here, as is Whisper.
Grim Haruspex and Disciple of Bolas are on-theme. Thorn of the Black Rose and Custodi Lich are fun creature-based choices too. Some other classic choices are Ambition's Cost, Ancient Craving, Promise of Power, Liliana's Contract, Syphon Mind, Castle Locthwain, and Read the Bones. Palace Siege is okay, especially if you feel you need more recursion. Diabolic Servitude is nice and repeatable. Victimize and Blood for Bones are a great rate. Oversold Cemetery is nice too, though pricey.
Greed, Arguel's Blood Fast Flip, Skullclamp and Erebos, God of the Dead are really good but not cheap. Erebos, Bleak-Hearted, Yawgmoth, Thran Physician, and God-Eternal Bontu would be decent as well. Bonus points for some being threats/blockers.
Gonti, Lord of Luxury is an interesting choice for card advantage--especially if you can recur him out of the graveyard over and over.
Dreadhorde Invasion is a great source of sacrifice fodder. So are Grave Titan and Bitterblossom but they're expensive. High Market is good in case your commander get's Arrested or turned into an elk or frog or the moon. Rogue's Passage could help end games once Yahenni is huge.
If you find you can't close out games between all the groupslug aristocrat cards and Yahenni's damage, perhaps a few auxiliary groupslug cards could tip games in your favor. Most of the good ones are very expensive though. Bloodchief Ascension, Painful Quandary, Polluted Bonds, Wound Reflection, and Palace Siege et al. Torment of Hailfire and Exsanguinate are classic finishers too.
As far as cuts go... I don't love some of the creature-based removal. I know it's good because you can sacrifice them later but perhaps Morkrut Banshee, Skinrender, and Anowon the Ruin Sage could be cut. I don't love Devour in Shadow and Drag to the Underworld. You should be set on removal even with those five cuts. Feed the Swarm is worth noting! Mortician Beetle is a bit win-more but is uniquely suited to the deck and worth keeping for now. Probably makes a good blocker. Geralf's Messenger is a bit weaker than some of the token generators and recurring threats too.
Also, I don't know if you care (few do) but if you want an accurate price calculation for your deck you should put the cards in the Sideboard into the Maybeboard so they aren't added.
1 month ago
A couple of spicy adds and away to establish some win cons is Armageddon and Master of Cruelties these two establish power in a table of 4. Reconnaissance can pull Kaalia of the Vast out of combat and protect her from blockers and still get the trigger. Strionic Resonator can copy Kaalia of the Vast ability trigger Spicy includes:
Some lands to include:
1 month ago
Hey, good start on a budget, several nice upgrades you've made.
Let me introduce you to Quartzwood Crasher and Garruk's Uprising; two powerful budget cards with Ghired that have excellent interaction. Crasher is good with Ghired because it can create huge Dino tokens to populate and these tokens along with Rhinos have trample. You don't even have to attack with Crasher to make a Dino token; any creatures who have trample who do combat damage to a player counts.
Uprising can do a lot for a three drop, but best of all it's a repeatable draw source whenever you create a Rhino. Any creature or token that's 4 or more power will trigger Uprising to draw. It also gives all creatures you control trample which has busted interaction with Crasher since then any creature you control who does combat damage to a player you create a Dino token.
The main area of improvement in the precon is ramp and lands. You've included several good land upgrades, but only 32 lands is not enough land especially because you want five mana to cast Ghired. My advice is go with 36 lands and include at least 12 ramp sources, more early game ramp sources. Cinder Glade is here twice.
Other budget ramp and lands to consider adding:
- Avacyn's Pilgrim
- Wild Growth
- Faeburrow Elder: can tap for two colors of mana, but if you control a red permanent then it can tap for three colors of mana.
- Nature's Lore: like Farseek it can get a dual land.
- Gruul Signet
- Selesnya Signet
- Boros Signet
- Canopy Vista: so Farseek or Lore can get a dual land white source.
- Rogue's Passage: making Ghired unblockable means he gets to populate and can't be blocked and killed in combat.
- Naya Panorama
- Ash Barrens
I see Eladamri's Call which is an excellent upgrade and this tells me that tutors are fine to play. Other budget tutors to consider adding:
- Fierce Empath: there's many 6 CMC or higher creatures here.
- Mwonvuli Beast Tracker: can get Quartzwood Crasher and there's other creatures here with trample.
- Idyllic Tutor: can get Garruk's Uprising or another enchantment.
- Crop Rotation: can get Rogue's Passage or Gavony Township or any other land.
Open the Armory can be a helpful tutor if you add some equipment and aura that can be repeatable protection for Ghired. Lightning Greaves and/or Swiftfoot Boots can give Ghired haste and protect him from opponent's targeted removal. Shield of the Oversoul can protect Ghired with indestructible and give him flying making it safer to attack with him.
I offer more advice about what cards to cut. Would you like more advice?
Good luck with your deck.