, : Gain .
|Have (2)||metalmagic , winterwind10|
|Want (6)||SpicyBoi123 , blueachilles21 , Quickflash , Negzero , crnewman25 , aloeliger|
Printings View all
|Commander 2020 (C20)||Uncommon|
|Guilds of Ravnica: Guild Kit (GK1)||Common|
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Common|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Izzet vs. Golgari (DDJ)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Izzet Signet occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.13%
UR (Izzet): 2.63%
UBR (Grixis): 1.76%
RUW (Jeskai, America): 15.59%
Izzet Signet Discussion
1 week ago
I made a list that you can find here. If you change categories from "Type" to "Custom" I have each one labeled. There's a description with it, but below I'll include my recommendations. Let me know what you think.
Dig Through Time, Expansion / Explosion, Fellwar Stone, Fury Storm, Growth Spiral, Gruul Charm, Gruul Signet, Izzet Charm, Izzet Signet, Mana Geyser, Manamorphose, Mystic Retrieval, Past in Flames, Pull from Tomorrow, Ral, Storm Conduit, Reiterate, Repeated Reverberation, Reverberate, Seething Song, Shreds of Sanity, Simic Charm, Simic Signet, Snap, Stroke of Genius, Survivors' Encampment, Talisman of Creativity, Talisman of Curiosity, Talisman of Impulse, Treasure Cruise, Turnabout, Twincast, Underworld Breach, Utopia Sprawl, Wild Growth, Windfall
1 month ago
Consider more one/two drop Pirates especially ones with flying? More overall one/two drop Pirates helps to assemble a battlefield of Pirates to attack the turn you play Brass.
- Siren Stormtamer
- Spectral Sailor
- Warkite Marauder
- Kitesail Freebooter
- Dire Fleet Daredevil
- Dire Fleet Poisoner
Forerunner of the Coalition is a Pirate tutor and it can also be a repeatable source opponents' lose life when a Pirate ETB. Ruin Raider can be repeatable draw at your end step with attacking Pirates. Anger and Wonder are good with Pirates especially Wonder giving them flying evasion. Giving all your Pirates including Brass flying can be a win condition with attacking Pirates. Brass is much better when she has haste letting her attack the turn you cast her. Pirates who can attack the turn you play them can help to trigger Brass's gain control ability quicker.
Buried Alive can tutor for both Anger/Wonder as well as one other creature and put them all into your graveyard. Can also use Buried with Phyrexian Reclamation and/or March of the Drowned as a way to tutor for Pirates put them into your graveyard and then recur them to your hand. Reclamation can be helpful repeatable recursion for Pirates since Pirates are going to die over the course of a game.
Marchesa, the Black Rose is not a Pirate, but she can be a repeatable source of reanimating Pirates. Dethrone is an attacking ability where as if a Pirate attacks your opponent with the most amount of life then that Pirate gets a +1/+1 counter. With Marchesa if that Pirate dies then it will come back to the battlefield at your end step. Metallic Mimic is a Pirate when it ETB who interacts well with Marchesa since Mimic can put a +1/+1 counter on another Pirate when it ETB.
Adding some more ramp can help game play:
Some budget lands (each $5 or less) to consider adding:
- Exotic Orchard
- Unclaimed Territory
- Crumbling Necropolis
- Shivan Reef
- Underground River
- Sunken Hollow
- Smoldering Marsh
- Sulfur Falls
- Dragonskull Summit
- Grixis Panorama
- Ash Barrens
- Evolving Wilds
- Dimir Aqueduct
- Izzet Boilerworks
- Rakdos Carnarium
These are budget land options, but of course there's many other better options for lands that are more expensive.
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Your average converted mana cost is low enough to go to 33 or 34 if you had mana dorks.
- Holdout Settlement and Survivors' Encampment are just Springleaf Drum on lands. These are reasonable, depending on how hard your game plans need Kalamax or not.
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter: Rashmi is incremental advantage. You and both know that you are going to play cards on other people’s turns, so why not get free stuff for doing so? Wavebreak Hippocamp does the same thing if you want more of this effect.
- Birds of Paradise, Llanowar Elves, Elvish Mystic, Arbor Elf, Priest of Titania, Rattleclaw Mystic. I prefer creature-based ramp if I’m playing . Most of these cards will Pod into Corridor Monitor, Deceiver Exarch, and Pestermite.
- Spellseeker: Spellseeker grabs most of the instants and sorceries in your deck and more food for Prime Speaker
- Torrential Gearhulk: Snapcaster Mage #2 aka Fatcaster mage. The 5/6 body is nice for when games go longer than expected.
- Thing in the Ice
Flip: I noticed that you don’t have ways to protect yourself. If played earlier, you can flip Thing in the Ice and reset that battlefield. It was dumb in other formats, it’s dumb in EDH as well.
- Niv-Mizzet, Parun: End-game beater and a storm card. Not necessary but strong.
- Creature Tutors: Finale of Devastation, Eldritch Evolution, and Neoform. More tutors for consistency.
Instants and Sorceries
- Reality Shift and Rapid Hybridization: Good removal outside of and . Do you really care about a 3/3 beast or a 2/2 manifest token? I don’t……
- Manamorphose: Just a good cantrip in Temur.
- Swan Song: Another good counter spell, but you have that covered pretty well. Once again, no one cares about one 2/2 bird….no one…
- Reiterate: Goes infinite with Turnabout and Dramatic Reversal and or more mana. However, I think Isochron Scepter is just better if infinite mana is the goal.
- Nature's Lore: This is only and grabs any forest onto the battlefield. Most of the time, you are going to tutor for Forest, so why not grab Breeding Pool instead?
- Raging Ravine: Ok, it has your colors. Are you ever going to activate this man-land? Also, it comes in tapped. Gross….
- Arch of Orazca: I think Arch is better in decks that lack access to card draw. You’re in . Drawing cards, most of the time, is not going to be a problem for you.
- Frilled Mystic and Mystic Snake: I’ve fallen for this trap too. I don’t want to pay for a counterspell on a weak 2/2 body. Compare these two cards to other mana spells like Cryptic Command. This cards counters, protects, and draws cards. I prefer utility creatures with more flexibility.
1 month ago
The deck looks good and it should be fun and effective to play, just a couple of observations:
is Swiftfoot Boots meant to protect Niv Mizzet from removal? Maybe I am missing something, but it does not seem like a necessary card in this build. Also, Spellbook costs 0 but takes a spot for an effect that you already can benefit from Thought Vessel and Reliquary Tower: I would rather replace it with a good old Izzet Signet to get some extra ramp instead.
there are many lands that ETB tapped, almost a third of your landbase and some of them without providing any additional benefit (cycling and scry are a good trade-off imo): I'd take out Highland Lake, Izzet Guildgate and Swiftwater Cliffs and replace with something more effective but still affordable such as Shivan Reef and Steam Vents or even some extra basics. Also, with a two colour deck very colour intense in the mana cost, Evolving Wilds, Terramorphic Expanse and even Ash Barrens would be in my opinion better replaced by some basic lands - unless it is the shuffling effect you are looking for.
your commander is a wizard, but you have only 4 wizards in the deck, meaning that more often than not your Wizard's Retort will be just a Cancel. Staying budget, I'd honestly rather have a Negate or Dispel if you want a hard counter or Mana Leak if you prefer more flexibility.
2 months ago
Hey, nice start and this is obviously a budget deck therefore my suggestions will be $2 or less each, most are less than $1.
- Exotic Orchard
- Mystic Monastery
- Prairie Stream
- Battlefield Forge
- Port Town
- Ash Barrens
- Mystic Sanctuary
- Desolate Lighthouse
- Castle Vantress
- Bident of Thassa: can be lots of repeatable draw with flying Spirit tokens.
- Future Sight: this will generate lots of card advantage especially because it lets you play one land.
- Pull from Tomorrow: good draw spell to use with a lot of ramp.
- Mentor of the Meek: can be repeatable draw whenever a Spirit token is created.
- Impact Tremors: 1 damage to each opponent whenever a token is created.
- Swords to Plowshares
- Generous Gift
- Expansion / Explosion
Cards to consider cutting:
- 2x Island
- 2x Plains
- 2x Mountain
- Enigma Drake
- Rage Thrower
- Boros Locket
- Izzet Locket
- Winged Words
- Hallowed Spiritkeeper
- Monastery Siege
- Not Forgotten
- Radical Idea
- Dramatic Reversal
- Hissing Iguanar
I offer more advice if you would like. Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
Hey, looks like a cool build! just at a quick glace id recommend swapping out a few ramp cards
hope this helps =)
2 months ago
I notice there isn't a Notion Thief in the deck, it may mean that your opponents cannot draw cards but the advantage you get from the Thief plus a wheel effect is huge. Same sort of thing with Narset, Parter of Veils, your opponents won't take damage, but they also won't have cards in hand. I am unsure why you've put Fog Bank and Guard Gomazoa in the deck, they are good blockers but can be easily removed or just ignored by a lot of strategies and don't really advance your gameplan. I would include a higher number of board wipes in the deck instead of them, consider Blasphemous Act and Toxic Deluge as these can be cast for low mana cost, or there's always good old Damnation. I would also consider adding a few more artifact ramp cards like Izzet Signet or Fellwar Stone, these will give you something to do in the early game that lets you ramp out your Nekusar, the Mindrazer faster.
Overall the deck looks pretty solid and doesn't fall into the trap that I think a lot of Nekusar players fall into and doesn't use Howling Mine or similar cards which just give your opponents a huge advantage without damaging them too much.
3 months ago
My ten card ramp package was Sol Ring, Arcane Signet, Rakdos Signet, Izzet Signet, Dimir Signet, Talisman of Creativity, Talisman of Dominance, Talisman of Indulgence, Chromatic Lantern, and Nightscape Familiar. Thought Vessel deserves an honorable mention, but was replaced by Arcane Signet. Whispering Madness is good, just in being another windfall effect. I usually put it on a locust token if I have any out, but if you put it on Dragon Mage, things just get silly. As far as cuts go: Nicol Bolas, Wall of Frost, Anvil of Bogardin, Keranos, Master of the Feast, Kederekt Parasite, Fell Specter are on my recommendation list