Destroy all creatures.
They can't be regenerated.
|Have (5)||gildan_bladeborn , , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , dexxter7 , TrystonSpencer|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Alright, so since we've last chatted about my Anowon deck, I've overhauled it and even won a game with it! If you haven't had too many troubles with land drops then keep it, or else bump it up one or two more. Idk your budget so I'll just mention what I think works well so you can lmk otherwise.
I'd switch out
Talisman of Dominance
. Def take out
as you don't want to be feeding your graveyard so your meta doesn't take advantage of that.
can be replaced with
. Costs the same, but it'll draw you a card once you're caught up on mana.
Sword of Hearth and Home
is the new
Sword of the Animist
and oh man is it good. The blink plus the untapped land, chefs kiss.
Even though Anowon helps mill, I think the main focus is not to do so much milling and get your attacks in with the side effect being mill. Ironically enough, I won by decking someone after I used
Zareth San, the Trickster
to steal some crazy aura that buffed up my faerie rogue up by +20/+20 to KO the person before lol. If you take a look a mine, my theme seems to be "copying". I want to keep copying that next thing that'll push me forward.
Does your group have a more cEDH or just high powered vibe? Cause that'll change what I might recommend.
is already better than
bc counterspell is just a 1 for 1. Replace with
Pact of Negation
or if your group plays a lot of 1 drops, then
as that'll bring the salt. Keep a counter in hand just for that
Rise of the Dark Realms
Your removal could also use a boost. I would take out
Go for the Throat
Flip and throw in
. You could also see the removal I'm running and possibly switch the mentioned cards for those. You could possibly even add
but M.Rider is the better version of that card.
Board wipes are good, but why crux though? I can understand if that's just what you have, then do it up. If you can, replace with
or just cut it as you already have
which is pretty much the best board wipe. Kudos!
can take a hike, unless you're going to add
Narset, Parter of Veils
. If you're trying to be oppressive that is LOL. You have decent draw already and you wouldn't want to feed your opponent that Realms! If you need to replace then add
(might get destroyed) or
Into the Story
As far as creatures go, make them unblockable with Whispersilk Cloak like you mentioned a while ago. It works wonders. Look at my list and see what I'm running, bc there are so many options. I highly recommend Dauthi Voidwalker . If you're able to put a void counter on "rise" after milling everyone out a bunch, you can sac DV and use it against the card's owner and make them suffer! Because that's what Commander is all about, right? If you have any more questions feel free to ask! I'm always down to help and welcome all the advice people give me as well. Wreck your playgroup next time you get together!
1 month ago
Ohh btw. Have you thought about adding Damn ? You had Damnation in your list a long time ago iirc and this is just a better version of it. I'm thinking about adding it to my list in place of 1 other singletarget removel spell. You'd lose versatility on the single removal side since it only hits creatures but you'd gain the extra boardwipe option.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Hexproof, Shroud, and protection from "__" does not protect against boardwipe spells.
To help you remember, look for cards that specifically say the word 'target'.
1 month ago
JacenSolo29 as far as the next update goes, I’m waiting to see if there is anything else that drops from MH2, but I think we have the complete list now.
My first impressions are:
1) Faithless Salvaging - this works better than Thrill of Possibility since it can be cast on an empty hand and the rebound can’t be caught by hand disruption. Instant is nice if we really do want to cast on opponent’s end step. Then, if we draw an instant, we can cast with rebound on the stack to get full value.
2) Prismatic Ending - I personally really REALLY like this. Great against aggro, Humans, Jund, Ponza, Death's Shadow (minus Gurmag Angler ). See (https://strategy.channelfireball.com/all-strategy/home/is-prismatic-ending-the-new-swords-to-plowshares/)
3) Damn - again, LOVE IT! Definitely love the versatility, but I don’t know if it would replace Dreadbore (hits PWs), Fatal Push (instant and cheaper), or Engineered Explosives (can be triggered at instant speed and can be cheaper). Definitely a consideration for spots that previously included Damnation or Wrath of God .
4) General Ferrous Rokiric - I personally really like this. Immune to most removal (specifically EFFICIENT removal) such as Lightning Bolt , Path to Exile , Fatal Push , and Cryptic Command bouncing it. If you play a lot of multicolor spells, like Kolaghan's Command , Kaya's Guile , Kaya, Orzhov Usurper , Nahiri, the Harbinger , Dreadbore / Terminate , and Lightning Helix , then you definitely benefit from having this.
5) Dragon's Rage Channeler - this has a Magmatic Channeler feel to it and couples well with the graveyard-centric focus. If you opt for utility ARTIFACTS, like Mishra's Bauble , Damping Sphere , or Engineered Explosives , ENCHANTMENTS, like Blood Moon , or PLANESWALKERS, like Liliana of the Veil or any of the previously mentioned PWs, then you have an even easier time to activate Delirium. You do have to attack every turn, but having flying as evasion is really nice. Surveil is good if we start running more Flashback spells, like more Lingering Souls or Smiting Helix .
7) Obsidian Charmaw - OMG there are SO many Tron hate cards in this set, and I LOVE it. If Tron or Eldrazi Tron get more popular through all the hate from this set, then this would be great to add create a clock.
8) Vindicate - old EDH tech being added to Modern. I like the idea of destroying anything, but sorcery speed and 3 cmc, with everything else that has come into the game (and power creep), makes me unsure of its power. Could be what we need, but 3cmc is already crowded in the list.
9) Flame Blitz - UW/x, Jund, and maybe Tron typically run more PWs, so if we forgo running PWs, ourselves, then this serves as an extremely cheap PW hate card. Cycling is nice if we draw it and the opponent has side boarded out a majority of their PWs.
10) Harmonic Prodigy - if we bring back Young Pyromancer , add in Dark Confidant , and focus on Prowess, then I think this would rather have a home in a Feather, the Redeemed /spell-slinger deck. Still, it would be ok here, with the high spell count we run.
11) Sanctifier en-Vec - I don’t think we want to use this... definitely expect it in Burn or D&T lists against us.
12) Dauthi Voidwalker - now THIS we can use. Basically Sanctifier en-Vec , but unilateral hate and can help against Dredge or other recursion based decks. I like that we can sac on targeted removal and cast one of their spell(s). can conflict with our spells, but we are usually ok. If we get Blood Moon ed, we can usually laugh it off and power through it.
13) Bone Shards - in the primer, I’ve indicated that Mardu Pyro has different variants (spells/grave, PW, and Aristocrat/tokens). I feel this would slot nicely into an token deck, along with Village Rites , Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger , and Afterlife creatures.
14) Fury - at first glance, I’ve been conflicted. Seems ok as protection from aggro strategies, but I wish it had either 1 more toughness, did more damage, hit players, or cost less. It just seems... meh... I’m skeptical, but I’ve definitely been proven wrong before, so I’ll keep my mind open.
15) Mine Collapse - great if we run a bit more heavy on lands and run late. Too bad it doesn’t hit players though... a common theme from cards this set.
16) Arcbound Whelp / Esper Sentinel /Knighted Myr - another idea that has come to fruition from this set is Mardu Affinity. No, we won’t tech for Hardened Scales , but the removal suite that we run, in addition to these new artifact creatures (and lands!) is tempting enough to test some brews.
I hope this gives an idea of what we could change for the deck. The list was roughly done in the order of what we would tech in to the current build, but anything is possible! Let me know what you all think.
Edit: some of the cards (Knighted Myr, Mine Collapse, and Bone Shards) did not have the links set up in TappedOut as of the time of this post, so I do apologize for that.
2 months ago
One of the cards spoiled in Modern Horizons 2 inspired me to create a custom card that would be the color-shifted version of it. The card on the left is an official spoiler and the card on the right is my custom card inspired by it.
Thought Process Designing the Card
Sadly the card text isn't as neatly condensed as the other card. To have the card be white I had to change how the spot removal behaves, as white doesn't do spot removal unless there's a sort of "balanced" effect.
This meant I had to change the text accordingly, however this means I could no longer use the "Overload" keyword as it wouldn't make any sense. In this case I'd have to consider using a different keyword. I considered Channel, but Channel is an activated ability, not an alternate casting of the spell, which would make the effect seem too much like a Supreme Verdict due to being harder to counter an ability.
Evoke seemed like the easiest way to go about this, but that meant I'd have to make the spell a permanent of sorts. Because it was a permanent it also might have additional problems with being blinked or removed later, so I gave it shroud to mitigate this.
How the Card Works
But when Wrath is evoked it is sacrificed upon entering the battlefield. This causes its "Leave the Battlefield" effect to trigger first by putting it on the stack last. This creates a Cataclysm type effect for only creatures, meaning each player ends up with only one creature, but since the "Enter the Battlefield" effect triggers next, that means the remaining creature each player controls is now the strongest creature which ends up also getting destroyed, effectively creating the Wrath of God / Damnation type effect.
I'm interested on hearing feedback about my custom card idea and if it could be improved, (specifically reducing the amount of text on the card).
I think one solution would be to name the card "Judgment" based off of Day of Judgment . This would mean I could remove the "creatures destroyed this way can't be regenerated," clause as it appears twice and would help to free up much more space.
2 months ago
"Replaced Merciless Eviction with Nevinyrral, Urborg Tyrant Reason: The instant speed removal potential of Nevinyrral, Urborg Tyrant and the several sacrifice outlets in the deck, plus being free with Rooftop Storm , makes this a better include. While the deck can recover from having it's perminants exiled, it isn't something I'm overly keen on rebuilding through.
Replaced Animate Dead with Necromancy Reason: Necromancy lets me return and sacrifice Nevinyrral, Urborg Tyrant during my oppponents' turns, which is awesome. It also gives Nev more flexibility at creating tapped 2/2 zombies following any of their own board wipes.
Replaced Liliana's Standard Bearer with Rhystic Study Reason: Liliana's Standard Bearer is just too situational. I've kept it in my sideboard to help depower the deck depending on the playgroup. I really like it and it does work well with Haakon.
Replaced Mystical Tutor with Leyline of Anticipation Reason: There are too few instant and sorceries for me to be able to justify this. I've found that having the ability to generate infinite mana with Gravecrawler and Phyrexian Altar is much better. Or instant speed wraths with Damnation .
Replaced Scheming Symmetry with Intuition Reason: I wanted to reduce the number of tutor effects in the deck, though I've had a spare Intuition for some time and really wanted to find a home for it. It seems to work really well, especially with Sevinne's Reclamation
Replaced Silence with Trickbind Reason: Silence was there to help me secure the win if I need to go through the Dream Halls but the majority of the time, if I've managed to get down Notion Thief first and wheel, then it does the same effect. Trickbind does also give me protection against planeswalker abilities and most graveyard exile effects.
Replaced Dramatic Reversal with Mind Over Matter Reason: I had looked to play online, with one discord channel advising that I would need to remove the Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter combo, as it would be too strong. They also told me to remove Mana Crypt , though this is partly a deck designed to use some of my more expensive cards and make Varina as optimized as possible while still keeping the zombie theme. Adding in Mind Over Matter was a lucky find. In order for the infinite loop, I need to discard my deck to my graveyard. I enjoy the 4 blue mana cost, as it's harder to reach that devotion. Thankfully, with the treasure tokens from Smothering Tithe and Replenish to cheat it back into play.
Replaced Isochron Scepter with Emergency Powers Reason: Removing the Scepter makes sense as it's not required for the infinite loop anymore. But I've found that adding a 3rd Timetwister effect means a higher chance of drawing into one following a previous instance, like Echo of Eons + Time Spiral . These work really nicely with Narset's Reversal and God-Eternal Kefnet , as both bypass the exile clause on a lot of these cards - in addition to Teferi's Protection . Being instant speed also gives me a layer of protection against graveyard exile effects."