Search your library for a basic land card, put that card onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
|Have (6)||Kaladin123 , PTsmitty , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , gildan_bladeborn , abritt , LittleMy|
|Want (6)||tchukerchu , Morpho-peleides , Catastrophic2 , TheOtherRoxas , TrevStar7 , Skullzer7|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Rampant Growth Discussion
6 days ago
Hey! Kinda late, but I would like to suggest some stuff:
(Disclaimer: I have a budget way lower than yours, but I've been tinkering with Ghired for almost two years - he's my favorite commander. I'll break the suggested upgrades down into categories for better organization.)
- You need them for Ghired and his tokens to attack right away, as well as to use your creatures with tap abilities on demand. Please consider Hammer of Purphoros in addition to Lightning Greaves and Fires of Yavimaya. The Hammer can even create tokens if needed.
Ramp: Run at least 15 ramp cards to make your deck flow smoother and faster.
As an aggressive deck, speed is fundamental. Fellwar Stone, Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Skyshroud Elf, Bloom Tender, Faeburrow Elder, Chromatic Lantern, Coalition Relic, Wood Elves, Skyshroud Claim and Mirari's Wake can ramp and heavily fix your mana, taking the place of Gyre Sage, Solemn Simulacrum, Rampant Growth, Sakura-Tribe Elder and Xenagos, the Reveler - the latter is a win-more ramp, and his 2/2 token is not large enough to synergize with the power-based card draw, while the other four fix for a single color of mana (Ghired decks can sometimes be color-hungry), and this deck can't abuse the sad robot for value.
In the land department, Krosan Verge and Blighted Woodland pull their weight, and synergize greatly with Avenger of Zendikar and Rampaging Baloths. Maybe remove Cascading Cataracts? (Your spells are not THAT color hungry.)
Have you considered Warstorm Surge and Terror of the Peaks as a mean to do damage even before attacking? The dragon can even be cloned with Flamerush Rider, Flameshadow Conjuring and Soul Foundry for extra copies of the same effect (the game ends quiiiickly after that). I'd remove Dragonmaster Outcast for that, since its effect is slow (albeit amazing if he lasts on the field).
Extra combats: You don't have to worry about your opponents' answers if they never get to their turn, so...
- Moraug, Fury of Akoum, Aurelia, the Warleader, Combat Celebrant, Scourge of the Throne (I believe there is an infinite combo involving those two), Savage Beating, Response / Resurgence, Breath of Fury (always attach it to your disposable tokens to keep attacking).
Winds of Abandon might replace Hour of Reckoning. I don't really like to lose Ghired on a boardwipe, since he costs 7 mana to recast. Winds of Abandon also works as evasion for your creatures, since your opponents won't have creatures to block. As for the ramp it offers, an opponent can't do anything with the extra lands if he/she's dead, right? :-)
Card draw: Alongside ramp, it is my main concern with Ghired. I want to be able to rebuild my board after a boardwipe.
I believe that Camaraderie can be substituted for Shamanic Revelation as the latter cost less mana. Mouth / Feed is another option that creates its own big token. Return of the Wildspeaker can either draw cards or buff creatures for an alpha strike.
Keeper of Fables triggers all other power-based card draw, while giving easy draw triggers to all your trampling creatures. Elder Gargaroth is a buffed, more versatile version of it. And remember: both can be cloned for extra juicy draw or extra tokens.
Sylvan Library is an overall great card filter for your regular draws. It gets better with shufflers like fetchlands and tutors.
Since your deck is focused on attacking and getting extra combat steps, Etali, Primal Storm might be a fun way to play your opponents' cards while lowering their life points.
Some cards I suggest you to remove:
- Sundering Growth: you already have enough flexible removal. You will almost never be in a situation in which the token to copy and the artifact/enchantment to remove are optimal choices. Since you're running Eladamri's Call, Reclamation Sage might be worth including (and cloned for the enjoyment of your friends).
- Starnheim Unleashed: one token is too little for a whole card slot in the deck. If you're foretelling, it costs a lot of mana to be worthwhile. The game might be over before that.
- Growing Ranks: waiting a whole rotation to get a token which does not even have haste is not ideal.
- Ghired's Belligerence, Full Flowering: good for a late game play, mostly dead until then. I like those, but I removed them in favor of more mid-game cards, since I might not last until 9+ mana.
- Trostani, Selesnya's Voice: while on-theme, it does little to advance your win condition.
- Thunderfoot Baloth: not an amazing buff. Your creatures are big already, and Garruk's Uprising takes care of the evasion.
- Feldon of the Third Path: all-star when there is a lot of graveyard filling - there is none in this deck. (I really tried to keep him on my deck because I like the card, but most of the time there was no creature in my graveyard.)
- Eldrazi Displacer: are you using it for a combo? I couldn't identify it.
Some cool lands for you to try out: (landbase is my favorite part of deckbuilding)
- Castle Garenbrig: how easily do you have access to a Forest for it to be worth including in your deck?
- Rogue's Passage: can sometimes help you to finish an opponent.
- Scavenger Grounds: if you face graveyard-centric decks (you don't seem to use your graveyard much).
- Hanweir Battlements Meld: another haste enabler.
- Gargoyle Castle: sometimes you need a flying token. (I rarely use it, but I like to have the option.)
- Gemstone Caverns: a turn-0 ramp when the first turn is not yours.
- Bonders' Enclave: card draw on a land (easily accessible).
- Mana Confluence, Battlefield Forge, Karplusan Forest, Brushland, Horizon Canopy, Sunbaked Canyon, Prismatic Vista, Cragcrown Pathway Flip, Branchloft Pathway Flip, Needleverge Pathway Flip: more untapped dual lands.
I hope I've been of some help to you. I didn't suggest many token-related cards because I believe that, as long as you have decent ramp, draw and removal in your deck, you can win to your heart's content. Wanna throw in a Godsire? Do it. Prefer to clone your opponents' creatures with Hate Mirage? Go ahead. But the fundamentals of the deck is what makes it flow consistently. Have fun and smash 'em all (and run Doubling Season for extra fun) ;-)
1 week ago
glhfJKiHax Oh shit I didn't even think to copy my opponents stuff! You're right, it's going in. I'll have to take a look at options tomorrow. Don't think I'm a huge fan of Expedition Map though. It's a bit slow and Thought Vessel isn't there just for the hand size perk, it's also ramp, and one that I think is good in a deck that is already low on artifact ramp due to being landfall based. It's not really worth dipping into with Gretchen as commander because hypothetically, the deck is designed to just start pumping out land after land after land from card draw loops. If I need to search my library for lands to put into my hand, my commander failed to do what she is supposed to do, I think.
I think Nylea's Intervention is too slow as well although I do think Sylvan Scrying is a good option. Not sure what I'd replace, though. I don't think it's more valuable than the other 2-mana ramp spells in my deck, even though they only look for forests; can always tutor forest islands these days and if I can't, then I've ramped to oblivion already. I would for sure take it over Rampant Growth though, and I was considering putting that back in the deck as well, so it's probably my new consideration.
1 week ago
Minimizing taplands is generally good but expensive (as you know). Plan to eventually replace stuff like the Vivids, snow-duals, and whatever the shorthand for Transguild Promenade is (which, btw, this is twice as slow as a normal tapped land and should 100% be replaced). Yes, even eventually replace the 'gain 1 life' lands that I love :(
I don't know the exact recommended land count. I see as low as 29 (with lots of 0cmc extra expensive cards) and as high as low 40s. I've been targeting 35ish with another 7-8 mana rocks, but I'm not in Green. In Green, you can run 2cmc ramp spells instead of 2cmc mana rocks. like Rampant Growth, Sakura-Tribe Elder, and Farseek.
With all of your land-tutor creatures, make sure you have enough targets. Since you're Chulane, erring on more lands overall might be better?
Cheatsheet and hyperlinks:
1 week ago
You may consider getting that mana-base up to 30 or 32. It will really help keep you from having to mulligan too often and have your commander within reasonable reach with not too much ramp. That being said if you don't want to add the lands, I would add some ramp options like Rampant Growth or Kodama's Reach and maybe some of the Signet or Talisman artifacts or you may find yourself floundering for mana more often than you would like.
2 weeks ago
Hey, nice version with a really high budget. Is this really version 60 of your deck?
Your deck currently doesn't have a Commander. In the deck editor remove The Ur-Dragon from the sideboard and put it main deck, then add the CMDR tag to the end of The Ur-Dragon text.
1x The Ur-Dragon *CMDR*
When you save and return to the decklist The Ur-Dragon will show as the Commander with it's card image and own Commander category.
The manabase here is really powerful except Temple of the False God and the 10 Scry lands look out of place compared to all other lands. Ancient Tomb could replace Temple, Exotic Orchard, some Fetch lands and/or Shock lands and/or Bond lands could replace the Scry lands. Arcane Signet is a staple mana rock for five colors and it could replace Rampant Growth. Dragons like to attack thus consider adding some repeatable even infinite attack combos that use Dragons?
- Old Gnawbone + Hellkite Charger and you already have Charger.
- Aggravated Assault + Savage Ventmaw and you already have Ventmaw.
Good luck with your deck.
2 weeks ago
Hey, well done with your budget version of First.
Some budget upgrades to consider:
- Arcane Signet --> Pillar of Origins
- Fellwar Stone --> Rampant Growth
- Profane Tutor --> Shadow Sliver
- Patriarch's Bidding --> Spinneret Sliver
- Vivien, Champion of the Wilds --> Door to Nothingness
- Cinder Glade --> 1x Forest
- Canopy Vista --> 1x Plains
- Prairie Stream --> 1x Island
- Sunken Hollow --> 1x Swamp
- Smoldering Marsh --> 1x Mountain
Arcane Signet is a staple mana rock in Commander and especially good when playing five colors. Profane Tutor is a budget tutor that has interaction with cascade because it's CMC is 0. Patriarch's Bidding is quick recovery from a board wipe by reanimating all Slivers in your graveyard. Vivien, Champion of the Wilds is another flash effect for Slivers and it has other uses too since playing lots of creatures.
What makes Farseek a good ramp spell is when it can search for a dual land that has two or more basic land types such as Cinder Glade. If all you have is a basic land that Farseek can search for then it's subpar ramp, worse than Rampant Growth. Tango lands: Cinder Glade, Canopy Vista, Prairie Stream, Sunken Hollow, Smoldering Marsh are budget and Farseek can search for one of them.
Shadow Sliver is a budget Shifting Sliver and since you have Shifting you don't also need Shadow. Not being able to block with Slivers can be a problem, not able to defend against opponents swingback. Spinneret Sliver is a just a worse effect then giving all Slivers flying.
2 weeks ago
If you're looking to speed the deck up, I'd consider adding: Elves of Deep Shadow, Birds of Paradise, Wild Growth, Utopia Sprawl, Boreal Druid, Elvish Pioneer and the all-mighty Deathrite Shaman. For those, I'd look at cutting: Kodama's Reach, Rampant Growth, Elfhame Druid, Farhaven Elf, Jaspera Sentinel, Llanowar Visionary, and Springbloom Druid. Selvala, Heart of the Wilds is an amazing card, just not sure if it belongs here, maybe replace it with Elvish Guidance. There's also always Heritage Druid,
And hey, if you've got a Gaea's Cradle, Crop Rotation is a must (and its slower cousin, Sylvan Scrying, which also makes Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx a good add. More ($$$$) lands to consider would be: Cavern of Souls and Yavimaya Hollow. Other utility lands you might want to check out would be: Emergence Zone, Nurturing Peatland, Castle Garenbrig, and Wirewood Lodge.
For card advantage, yeah I agree that Glimpse of Nature and Oakhame Adversary are good options, along with Sylvan Library, Necropotence, and Dark Confidant if you've got the $$ and looking to get as close to 100% as possible. Regal Force is a non-elf that's essential in elf decks. Some other options would be: Pact of the Serpent and Elvish Visionary. In terms of tutors, definitely consider: Chord of Calling, Eldritch Evolution, and maybe even Woodland Bellower and Fauna Shaman. Decks closer to CEDH would probably include: Vampiric Tutor, Diabolic Intent, and Survival of the Fittest. Also, Eternal Witness might be too good to not include, along with Noxious Revival. Patriarch's Bidding is a cheaper Haunting Voyage.
Hope this helps! Happy brewing
2 weeks ago
- Thought Vessel for Blackblade Reforged
- Avacyn's Memorial for Sol Ring
- Rampant Growth for Kodama's Reach
- Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers for Swamp
- Yawgmoth's Vile Offering for Putrefy
- Eerie Ultimatum for Mortify
- Storrev, Devkarin Lich for Thalia's Lancers
- Saffi Eriksdotter for Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit
- Primevals' Glorious Rebirth for Make a Stand