Search your library for a basic land card and put that card onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library.
|Want (9)||brownwaterboys , jgw61692 , flamekiller , Tezlik , mgalloro , blakejohn , ZeroEntropy , KimmyBoy , spaceyjdjames|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Mind vs. Might (DDS)||Common|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Common|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Common|
|Tempest Remastered (TPR)||Common|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Common|
|Duels of the Planeswalkers (DPA)||Common|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Common|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Common|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Common|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Common|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Common|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Common|
|Beatdown Box Set (BTD)||Common|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Rampant Growth occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.14%
GU (Simic): 1.04%
RG (Gruul): 1.43%
RGW (Naya): 1.79%
Rampant Growth Discussion
1 day ago
I like the idea but 20 signets and talismans seems like a bit much to me. It seems like the deck leans heavily on mana rocks. Plus what happens when Golos gets hit with removal?
I would dial back a bit on the rocks by adding Rampant Growth-type spells to also thin out lands from the deck in order to get better hits with the Golos triggers. Also try adding the good ol Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots to protect your precious commander.
Keep it up! :D
3 days ago
Well, there's quite a few ways to make a deck quicker, the simplest would be just to add more ramp. Rampant Growth , Kodama's Reach , Nature's Lore . Having Ghired out by turn 4 is good, so try to stay under 4 CMC with ramp spells.
The deck, like any precon deck, has quite a few weird cards that don't fit the main commander, for example Tectonic Hellion , Tahngarth, First Mate , Marisi, Breaker of the Coil , Scaretiller etc. These are interesting cards and they have homes, but Ghired probably isn't that home.
When playing, check which cards are underperforming, as well. Some do fit your theme but simply aren't very efficient. Some, like Emmara Tandris or Desolation Twin can come down to late with too little impact. Of course, it's ultimately your call, some people, myself included, enjoy using less efficient cards if they have fun effects. It's commander after all, it's about using the cards you enjoy!
Having a faster star will absolutely help, but being able to hold out for a longer game will benefit you too, which is why card draw is important as well! Card draw is very valuable in commander, so some more of that couldn't hurt. the deck already includes some awesome draw cards like Ohran Frostfang and Idol of Oblivion but there's plenty of other great draw spells as well and it's an effect you're likely going to want lots of. I like Rishkar's Expertise a lot personally, and Return of the Wildspeaker is awesome, being either a draw spell or an Overrun effect if needed.
If you'd like to see more suggestions, I recommend the site EDHREC. You could use it to see what cards other Ghired players use, which can be very helpful! Although remember to make your own decisions on what to include too, the majority's not always right. Just see what cards are the most fun to play, that's the most important!
Hope this helps! Happy populating!
4 days ago
The first thing I noticed while looking at this deck is that it's way too light on lands. With a seven-mana general, you're likely to get mana-screwed, especially if your mana elves die. I'd look to add about 9-10 more lands, maybe cutting some ramp if you start flooding out. Lands are generally better than mana elves.
Rather than mana-producing dorks like Elvish Mystic and Druid of the Cowl , you should probably be playing spell-based mana ramp such as Rampant Growth and Cultivate . The reason for this is that if someone casts a board wipe, all of those mana-producing elves will die and you'll lose your mana acceleration. The good news is that the spell-based ramp I mentioned is usually common or uncommon, so you won't have too much trouble finding them. Other spells to consider in this vein are Farseek , Kodama's Reach , Skyshroud Claim , Circuitous Route , Explosive Vegetation , Sakura-Tribe Elder , Wood Elves , and Farhaven Elf .
You really want ramp because Damia is so expensive, and also because after you empty your hand casting those spells, Damia helps you refill. That's her main strength, so I'd suggest building her with big-mana strategies in mind. X-spells like Villainous Wealth and expensive monsters like Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger are probably what you'll be aiming for, with Damia to help you refill your hand as needed.
I have my own (slightly quirky) take on Damia here if you want some further ideas for how to fully take advantage of her: Damia Discard
6 days ago
For fixing and smoothing your curve, you can’t go wrong with good old fashion green ramp! I would cut the vivid and most of the tapped lands for basics, and run Rampant Growth , Kodama's Reach , Cultivate , and Pir's Whim .
A few sacrifice outlets will do you favors, maybe even an edict style effect as a payoff like Dictate of Erebos .
If you find your yard gets nice and full, Izoni is a great way to flood the board with tokens, and sacrificing and replaying with Meren feels great.
6 days ago
Ah, a pile for card advantage, rather than odds and ends. Thought there was a very important pile missing, since my win-cons are usually a couple slots out of the odds and ends. I do think that ~27 dragons is more where you want to be, though. They're chonky, and you'll need the space for early interaction and ramp. I'd bend the manabase more towards RG to play 2-mana ramp staples like Nature's Lore , Farseek , Sakura-Tribe Elder , and Rampant Growth .
1 week ago
Okay buddy here we go!
I think we need to fix a lot of things here. Ramp is an easy fix, we'll get some more instant/sorceries that get lands because they are safest. Then we'll work on getting more counters on Hallar in more efficient ways. We'll also swap out some of your kicker spells for other kicker spells that do better things.
Cards to look at:
- Snake Umbra It's protection and draw
- Ordeal of Nylea Counters and ramp
- Wolfbriar Elemental an "eh" kicker but lots of tokens if you get the mana
- Vigor awesome against Neheb and Torbran
- Verduran Emissary kicker and removal
- Thicket Elemental kicker and free creature, but it costs a lot so maybe not
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal another hardened scales
- Mold Shambler kicker and removal (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Citanul Woodreaders kicker and draw (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Rishkar's Expertise draw and free spell
- Greater Good is good for drawing cards in the event a board wipe or removal happens. Yeah you have to discard 3 but who cares when you're hopefully drawing 8+ by sacking Hallar
- Return of the Wildspeaker another draw or a buff
- Hunter's Insight Since Hallar has trample you'll definitely get cards, but this can be 3 mana draw 8+ if he's unblocked
- Canopy Surge cheap kicker that also hits players so you can bring them down lower
- Chandra's Ignition boardwipe/damage players
- Breath of Darigaaz cheap kicker that also jits players
- Quest for Pure Flame cheap damage doubler to help you close a game. One Hallar activation puts 3 counters on it.
- Hour of Devastation solid boardwipe that hopefully won't kill Hallar
- Tectonic Reformation For cycling lands
- Solidarity of Heroes cheap kicker that doubles counters
- Heroic Intervention protection
- Savage Offensive cheap kicker that's a combat trick sorta
- Blade of the Bloodchief might be good with Elenda and Teysa sacking all those creatures.
- Primal Vigor double counters
- Llanowar Reborn easy +1 at the cost of it coming in tapped, great in opening hand
- Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter mana and +1s
- Rishkar, Peema Renegade mana and +1s
- Forgotten Ancient more counters
- Farseek 2 mana ramp
- Sakura-Tribe Elder 2 mana ramp
- Rampant Growth 2 mana ramp
- Nature's Lore 2 mana ramp
- Kodama's Reach 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Cultivate 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Explore 2 mana ramp and draw
Cards to maybe cut
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking only good early game or if you're drawing a ton of cards, replace with any 2 mana ramp card
- Elvish Visionary replace with Explore
- Grand Warlord Radha Looking to go lower on creatures, replace with 2 mana ramp spell
- Grunn, the Lonely King replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Loyal Guardian replace with better +1 counter option
- Rummaging Goblin Replace with better draw
- Savage Ventmaw 2 mana ramp spell
- Servant of the Scale replace with better +1 counter
- Skizzik replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Untamed Kavu replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Fog You know I don't like these but I know you like them. I'd replace with Heroic Intervention
- Magmatic Insight replace with Tectonic reformation
- Expedite replace with draw spell
- Darksteel Ingot 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Locket 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Cluestone 2 mana ramp
- Repercussion is way, waaaaaaaaaaaay to risky now with Neheb AND torbran. replace with anything really
- Forced Adaptation Replace with better +1 or doubler
- Radha, Heir to Keld replace with 2 mana ramp spell
So with all that I hope you're mana will be more consistant and your draw will be more powerful, then you'll be able to dump more counters on Hallar and snipe some wins. If not, your kicker spells will have more impact because they'll draw or remove or ramp. Focus on the 2cmc ramp cards, then swap out the kicker spells, then get those draw cards in there.
Here's a Deck you can also look at
1 week ago
But looks fun I've always loved ramp decks :)
1 week ago
I think this is an interesting deck. I think an Enlightened Tutor would really help here so you can try to get Cryptolith Rite early and tap Emmarra without attacking. If you get the tutor later it can still be useful by searching for Parallel Lives or Beastmaster Ascension . I think Eternal Witness would be really good as well. It would offer some insurance if one of your important cards gets taken out. Your deck is super enchantment heavy so I also think Hall of Heliod's Generosity would be really good here. I know the tutor might be kind of expensive but this land should be an auto-include in your deck, would work so good. Whispersilk Cloak would also be very good for your commander. It makes it unblockable so you can tap it and get some free damage in without worrying about it getting taken out. The downside is that you can't buff it or put enchantments on it because the cloak gives it shroud.
This is just my opinion but if this was my deck I would remove like 4-5 cards from the 3-4-5 cmc slots to add some ramp cards. I think this deck could really benefit from a few spells like Nature's Lore , Rampant Growth , Kodama's Reach , and Spoils of Victory . I would remove Harmonize because I think you already have plenty of card draw but you have very little ramp. Yes, you have cryptolith rite and ashnod's altar but those are situational and rely on you having creatures to use them. I'm not sure how good Harvest Season is either. I feel like if you get it early it can be weak or even useless and if you get it late and it gets you a ton of lands you are probably about to win anyways. I even feel like Paradise Druid or Birds of Paradise would be pretty good here.
That's just my opinion, I have no idea what your meta is like. These are just some of the things i would probably do. I think ramp is one of green's strengths and to not see the classic green ramp spells in selesnya feels kinda weird to me. Good luck!!