: Add to your mana pool.
, Sacrifice Wasteland: Destroy target nonbasic land.
|Want (5)||JYV3S , aagimar , zachi , wtchandler7 , nortrophe|
Printings View all
|Zendikar Rising: Expeditions (ZNE)||Mythic Rare|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Rare|
|Zendikar Expeditions (EXP)||Mythic Rare|
|Tempest Remastered (TPR)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
|Promo set for Gatherer (PSG)||Uncommon|
|Magic Online Promo Cards (MOP)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
2 days ago
Awesome stuff here, man. If my Azusa deck was a small child, this would undoubtedly be it's angrier, bigger brother. What I like most is the confidence this build exudes, you're very clearly stating "I am going to ramp, you won't be able to stop me, and then I'm going to cast massive spells." Green is my favorite color in Magic, and this list is Green to a T.
Personally, I'd like to see a little more interaction here, but it's worth noting that I was scarred by Winter Orb and Static Orb early on in my EDH tenure, so I'm usually over-prepared to blow one up. That said, Nature's Claim is (in my humble opinion) one of Green's best spells, and worth consideration here.
- Scute Swarm. We already talked about this little guy, and if you're adamant on the number of lands you run, I'd recommend cutting Seek the Horizon or Thaumatic Compass Flip (otherwise I'd say cut a Forest).
- Allosaurus Shepherd. It makes 90% of your spells uncounterable, and that effect is impactful at nearly any stage of the game. It allows you to play greedily and sink a ton of mana into your spells, which seem important in this build. I'd think about it and consider cutting my above suggestions, or Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip.
- You can't go wrong with Worldly Tutor. Tutors = consistency.
- Scapeshift is a wonderful spell that will make your friends hate you. It's dangerous in my deck, and I think it'd be even more dangerous here given the number of lands you're running. Sacrifice any number of lands, go pull the best lands out of your deck, and make sure one of them is Field of the Dead. Suddenly, you've got an army of zombies, Gaea's Cradle, Strip Mine, Deserted Temple, Eye of Ugin, etc. I think you'd be fine to cut Life from the Loam, as you've already got plenty ability to play lands from the grave.
- Castle Garenbrig is a strictly better Forest in a mono-Green list.
- Dryad Arbor is surprisingly diverse. You can GSZ where X = 0 and go get Dryad Arbor, it taps for mana, it counts towards Gaea's Cradle, and it gets beefed by Finale of Devastation.
- Temple of the False God is actually pretty good in Azusa. I know, I know, it's a grossly overplayed card in our format, but as you already know, Azusa has no problem getting to 5 lands, and from that point on, it's a better Ancient Tomb.
- Petrified Field is neat with Realms Uncharted (if you don't already have the ability to play from the grave) and offers the ability to instant-speed get a land out of your yard. I find it to be pretty versatile.
- Wasteland isn't as good as Strip Mine, but it punishes multi-color decks. If you're like me and play in a tri-color meta, I think you'll find that it treats you well.
Hopefully I provided some decent food for thought. Either way, I think you have a great build here; I'm sure it's a blast to play!
6 days ago
Starsky2814 - I'd probably go with Mox Diamond if I go that route. I may try to find a spot for Retreat, though. I actually cut Ashaya, Soul of the Wild to put Parcelbeast back in but I still have a flex spot or two. I'm running 1 extra land (really like the Strip Mine and Wasteland synergy)... So many decisions!
6 days ago
Also forgot to mention some utility lands. You're running a on of basics, so you may have some room for lands that feed into korvld's draw ability such as Strip Mine, Wasteland, Ghost Quarter, High Market, and Reliquary Tower. Since you're running three colors you may want to pick your three favorites and add them in.
2 weeks ago
Ancient Tomb and Prismatic Vista are great land additions I would consider, and if you need it, possibly Gemstone Caverns or Gemstone Mine. I also personally enjoy Reflecting Pool, which could function better than some tap lands in my opinion. Strip Mine and Wasteland are also quite useful in most situations and can put your opponent a turn behind if necessary. Land Tax is a great ramp card in boros colors and I would certainly consider it, as well as Boros Signet, Talisman of Conviction, and of course Pearl Medallion/Ruby Medallion. In addition to these mana base suggestions, I would consider Teferi's Protection as it is one of the best white cards ever printed. Hope this helps, and enjoy your day! Happy tapping!
3 weeks ago
I like the idea of Purphoros, God of the Forge with all the token shenanigans going on between Scute Swarm and Field of the Dead so that may be my next addition. Waiting to see what underperforms before I make a cut.
3 weeks ago
rkjunior, great feedback, thanks! I’ve also experienced mulling for more than two lands as well, quite a bit actually. Things are pretty tight to cut as is, which is a reason I was asking for thoughts on adding Birds of Paradise and Noble Hierarch in place of Cultivate and Kodama's Reach to hopefully fix mulling if one of those are in hand with two lands and hope that we draw into at least one other land. Though two extra lands or even one more isn’t asking much so I’ll try to get those adjustments made. I’ll keep Flagstones of Trokair in mind for inclusion. I’m staying away from Strip Mine and Wasteland because having the colorless mana in opening hands is brutal. I’ve experienced this with Field of the Dead and that’s the only colorless I run.
The planeswalkers have been considered, I just had a hard time justifying inclusion at the time and only went with Nissa, Vital Force, but even she just got cut for a tutor.
I have also experienced an abundance of unused mana at times and because draw has been an issue, I was considering replacing stuff for x cost draw effects, such as, Pull from Tomorrow, Finale of Revelation, Sphinx's Revelation or even Hydroid Krasis.
As threatening as an eldrazi Titan would be and the flavor fits Zendikar well, I think I’ll pass on the idea for now.
Let’s continue to discuss this. We are making great progress at tuning this deck.
3 weeks ago
Love the deck! I built this on MTGO and so far so good. Couple thoughts:
- I think it needs 36+ lands. I noticed a lot of mulling to get more than 2 lands in hand. In a lands-matter deck, you want an overload so you can consistently trigger. Lands I'd definitely add: Strip Mine, Wasteland, Flagstones of Trokair (great with sac effects - replaces itself with ANY Plains).
I would also consider adding some big threats like a Eldrazi Titan or Ugin.
4 weeks ago
Hey there mate! From what I see, you have all three shock lands (Pay 2 on ETB), all the filter lands (Pay X/Y get combination) and the check lands (ETB tapped unless X/Y). These are all great lands, but I think almost everything else can get a nice sweet upgrade. Note some of my suggestions may not be in your budget
- Blackcleave Cliffs
- Concealed Courtyard
- Inspiring Vantage
- Bloodstained Mire (Budget: Rocky Tar Pit
- Marsh Flats
- Arid Mesa
- Sulfurous Springs
- Caves of Koilos/Silent Clearing
- Battlefield Forge/Sunbaked Canyon
- Luxury Suite
- Vault of Champions
- Spectator Seating
- Ancient Tomb
- Prismatic Vista (A better Evolving Wilds)
- City of Brass
- Mana Confluence
- Reflecting Pool
- Strip Mine/Wasteland (A better Ghost Quarter)
- Gemstone Caverns
Glacial Chasm (For Pillowfort?)
Now I know that is quite a lot, but don't worry- I have an idea. I personally believe all of the following could and should be cut for some of the suggestions below, as you progress with your deck. Akoum Refuge, Bloodfell Caves, Evolving Wilds, Ghost Quarter, Nomad Outpost (Maybe Savai Triome instead?), Opal Palace, Scoured Barrens, Smoldering Marsh (it's only good in decks heavy with basics), Wind-Scarred Crag, etc!
Hope this helps! If you like my suggestions be sure to support some of my decks (Double Trouble EDH *PRIMER*). Anyways though, hope this helps, good luck on your deck, and have a great day! Happy tapping!