|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Snake
Deathtouch (Any amount of damage this deals to a creature is enough to destroy it.)
When Skullwinder enters the battlefield, return target card from your graveyard to your hand, then choose an opponent. That player returns a card from his or her graveyard to his or her hand.
1 week ago
Eternal Witness , Finale of Devastation , Creeping Renaissance , Deadwood Treefolk , Genesis , Greenwarden of Murasa , Hatchery Spider , Moldgraf Monstrosity , Nature's Spiral , Noxious Revival , Paleoloth , Praetor's Counsel , Regrowth , Reincarnation , Revive , Seasons Past , Skullwinder , Verdant Confluence , and Wildwood Rebirth are all reasonable options and I am sure I am missing a few since I was going through this quickly at 2 am.
With mono g I would say get 3 or 4 of these and focus on keeping a full grip of cards even if it means cutting a few of your worst wurms to make it so you get to your good wurms faster. A Duskwatch Recruiter Flip is more helpful to you than something like Duskdale Wurm . Good draw and tutors make a deck much stronger than one just jam packed with big dudes.
There are also a few indestructible creatures that can be used if there are far too many board wipes to recover. Spearbreaker Behemoth , Impervious Greatwurm and Nylea, God of the Hunt are pretty fitting cards for wurms imo.
6 player games can be fun, but you are right, some decks don't really function well with that many. I always prefer 4 player games.
2 weeks ago
Actually, most people don't scoop, even when it's clear I'm going to win. They want to see the wincon first. Finale is used pretty much purely as a Green Sun's Zenith in this deck, and Walking Ballista is the best one card wincon for these reasons. One, it can be tutored which is extremely relevant. Two, you can get it with Duskwatch Recruiter Flip, which if you have infinite mana and one tutor, you can get the recruiter and play Walking Ballista from there, and you have access to Eternal Witness and Skullwinder in case of counters. Three, it only requires infinite mana, as opposed to infinite storm. Aetherflux Reservoir requires more cards to actually win, and you whiff if you have infinite mana and Reservoir in hand, but no source of card draw or tutor or storm generation. Ballista still wins the game in that place. Viridian Joiner is no doubt a bad card, I just don't know what to cut for a duplicate of my commander, and in the case when Marwyn gets taken by a Gilded Drake or something, the best bet is probably just Priest of Titania anyway. Viridian Joiner is also a dead card in 95% of situations, but it does have its benefits. Finally, Duskwatch Recruiter Flip is the second best draw outlet in the deck ( Staff of Domination will always be better), but Duskwatch Recruiter Flip has never underperformed for me. Riftsweeper on the other hand seems like a meta call, when I play cEDH exiling cards are never really a problem.
3 weeks ago
I don't like the idea of adding Craterhoof Behemoth or Triumph of the Hordes as I like to drain people out rather then win via combat. Pathbreaker Ibex and Overwhelming Stampede are only in there as I started from the precon and haven't found anything to replace them with.
I am tempted to remove Skullwinder and World Shaper but I feel the others are good for the deck as Massacre Girl is a decent board wipe; Carrion Feeder adds a sac outlet and Whisper, Blood Liturgist is more recursion and extra sac.
There are already 6 forms of ramp in the deck so wouldn't adding more just take away from what I need the mana for
3 weeks ago
You have a lot of cards that cost 2 but you don't really want to cast on turn 2. Things like Zulaport Cutthroat should be saved in hand for a big play, for example, and Costly Plunder will probably rarely be cast on turn 2, whereas something like Sakura-Tribe Elder will ALWAYS be played on turn 2. Same with Farseek , Nature's Lore , etc.
Top-end should really be wincons. You have Pathbreaker Ibex , Overwhelming Stampede , and Command the Dreadhorde for that, and I think you could fit in one or two more big ones. Rise of the Dark Realms , Craterhoof Behemoth , Triumph of the Hordes , Avenger of Zendikar , Rune-Scarred Demon to tutor for answers/wincons - these are all solid top-end choices.
I would cut your creature-count by about 5. I suggest looking at Massacre Girl , Skullwinder , Carrion Feeder , Whisper, Blood Liturgist , World Shaper , Gonti, Lord of Luxury . Most of these are decent cards, but I don't think they do enough in your build.
3 weeks ago
We gave your request a lot of thought. Our main objective was to keep the spirit of the deck the same. So we decided to try and find replacements for the more expensive cards while keeping the original thought of the replaced cards alive. Naturally this would mean we would end up with cards that are either slightly less effective at what the expensive cards do, or they have a higher CMC, or both.
Almost all replacements we have chosen cost below 1 dollar. Some of the replaced cards are cards we do not own, so we decided not to post a new deck as we only do so when we own all the cards in it. So, here is a list of the replacements we would make in order to turn this into a less expensive deck:
- Forest for all the non-basic lands
- Hermit of the Natterknolls Flip for Beast Whisperer
- Ivy Lane Denizen for Bloodspore Thrinax
- End-Raze Forerunners for Craterhoof Behemoth
- Wirewood Channeler for Elvish Archdruid
- Skullwinder for Eternal Witness
- Rushwood Herbalist for Ezuri, Renegade Leader
- Evolutionary Leap for Fauna Shaman
- Elfhame Druid for Fyndhorn Elves
- Deadly Recluse for Hornet Queen
- Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen for Joraga Warcaller
- Ant Queen for Mycoloth
- Nullmage Advocate for Nullmage Shepherd
- Centaur Rootcaster for Oracle of Mul Daya
- Thunderfoot Baloth for Pathbreaker Ibex
- Mul Daya Channelers for Priest of Titania
- Initiate's Companion for Quirion Ranger
- Runic Armasaur for Regal Force
- Yavimaya Elder for Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Llanowar Scout for Sakura-Tribe Scout
- Deathgorge Scavenger for Scavenging Ooze
- Fyndhorn Brownie for Scryb Ranger
- Rampaging Baloths for Seedborn Muse (we know, not quite the same functions)
- Archetype of Endurance for Asceticism
- Overrun for Beastmaster Ascension
- Abundance for Burgeoning / Exploration
- Beast Within for Song of the Dryads
- Nature's Claim for Krosan Grip
- Vitalize for Benefactor's Draught
- Shared Summons for Green Sun's Zenith / Genesis Wave
- Mask of Avacyn for Lightning Greaves / Swiftfoot Boots
- Sol Ring for Worn Powerstone
We were not able to find suitable replacements (i.e.: cards that would do the same thing but be slightly less effective at it) for the following cards:
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
- Concordant Crossroads
- Mirri's Guile
- Quest for Renewal
- Heroic Intervention
- Worldly Tutor
- Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Umbral Mantle
So if you have any suggestions for these, please let us know. For now, we hope we helped you a bit to make a cheaper version of our deck. Have fun brewing it!
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
1 month ago
Il tuo piano di gioco è usare tanto ramp per tirare Muldrotha sul campo, dopodiché, cercare di tenerlo sul campo per il resto della partita.
Per il ramp ti consiglio:
- Wayfarer's Bauble rampa velocemente e si può riutilizzare.
- Crop Rotation , Harrow , Prismatic Vista . Puoi rigiocare le terre sacrificate dal cimitero, quindi GG.
- Crucible of Worlds , Ramunap Excavator ti aiutano a giocare le terre quando non hai Muldrotha.
- The Gitrog Monster fa tutto: peschi carte, giochi più terre! Per pescare molto, anche River Kelpie è fortissima.
Per la proteggere Muldrotha, ti consiglierei queste:
- Kaya's Ghostform , Supernatural Stamina , Unholy Indenture , Abnormal Endurance , Shade's Form ti permettono di salvarla da un boardwipe/removal.
- Autumn's Veil e Veil of Summer sono utili per impostarti il turno ed impedire che ti rompano il cazzo mentre casti Muldrotha ecc.
- Counterspell , Deprive Countersquall , Cursecatcher (dipende dallo stato della partita, non ottimale), Flusterstorm , Daring Apprentice , Diplomatic Escort , Dispel , Decree of Silence (abbastanza rotta), Foil (forse non ottima perché è difficile che tu abbia un'Isola in mano sempre), Glen Elendra Archmage , Hisoka, Minamo Sensei (che hai già), Kira, Great Glass-Spinner , Stubborn Denial , Undermine , Voidmage Prodigy , Voidslime , Disallow sono tutte un buon modo per assicurarti che il tuo piano di gioco vada a buon fine, neutralizzando le azioni avversarie che possono darti fastidio. Ti consiglio quelle che si adattano di più al tuo mazzo.
Un altra strategia per assicurarti di non dover pagare la Commander Tax per rigiocare Muldrotha è di rigiocarla dal cimitero. Meglio ancora se quelle carte possono a loro volta essere rigiocate dal cimitero con Muldrotha:
- Animate Dead , Dance of the Dead , Diabolic Servitude , Doomed Necromancer , Necromancy , Recurring Nightmare . Stitch Together / Dread Return sono due carte forti, ma da valutare con attenzione perché non le puoi rigiocare con Muldrotha.
Carte che ti permettono di riprendere altre carte dal cimitero in mano:
- Eternal Witness , Skullwinder e Nyx Weaver ti permettono di riprenderti carte utili, in modo da poter sforare il limite di un solo permanente per tipo dal cimitero. Inoltre, così puoi riprendere anche Instant e Sorcery, a cui normalmente non avresti più accesso una volta usate.
Ti suggerisco una combo interessante, il Flash Hulk . Consiste nel poter giocare e subito sacrificare il Protean Hulk già dal turno due per poi poterti andare a cercare creature nel mazzo che ti permettano di fare una combo infinita e vincere. Se cerchi online dovresti trovare fonti a sufficienza. Comunque, anche solo il Protean Hulk da solo è una grande inclusione.
Inoltre, una carta davvero buffa da poter giocare nella tua combinazione di colori: Villainous Wealth .
Tra le terre che sono fortissime nel tuo mazzo ci sono anche: - Cabal Coffers insieme a Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth . - Alchemist's Refuge e Emergence Zone per poter giocare creature e altre cose ad instant speed. - Wasteland è una seconda Strip Mine . - Lotus Vale e Lotus Field sono più o meno ramp, ma anche un buon modo per fare molto mana se avessi il modo di stapparle. Magari con Deserted Temple , a cui sta anche simpatica Cabal Coffers , comunque. - Glacial Chasm è un piano di riserva che ti costa solo 2 punti vita a turno, a patto di rigiocarla sempre dal cimitero tutti i turni.
Tra le carte che ti suggerisco di togliere ci sono:
2 months ago
Glad you love the deck, man! :D As for your flying problem, I can't say that I have one. My meta usually consists of fast combo decks that aim to win around turn 5-6 or heavy control and stax decks. The deck currently has the best possible suite for general creature control without compromising the combo and as an added side bonus Great Oak Guardian can also help if absolutely needed.
Furthermore, there are other precautions you can take, like the Thornweald Archer . You can also use Kraul Harpooner and Emerald Charm . Personally, I don't like the other guys cause they do nothing for the combo at hand.
As for the Hexproof, you have access to Lignify and Song of the Dryads which can be brought out via Genesis Hydra . However, this is only relevant when you're trying to wipe the field with a pesky Hexproof creature and you're trying to end with Shaman of Forgotten Ways .
However, if your pod makes you the archenemy because you're playing Yeva Draw-Grow, you might not be in the right arena. This is a deck that should be matched with similarly strong decks that don't rely on damage/voltron-like strategies that can pummel this deck in archenemy-like situations. Though, I promise you this deck will still manage to pull through those situations if played correctly and patiently as is.
I hope this helps!
3 months ago
Deathtouch works wonderfully together with trample (you only need to asign 1 point of damage to the defender and trample the rest), so cards like Overrun would be a nice finisher in the deck. Revenge of the Hunted is a nice alternative/redundancy to Destined / Lead
Frist strike and deathtouch is also a broken combination: Glissa, the Traitor is absolutely badass because he already has the combo on herself and her triggered will help you retrieve some of your important artifacts. Equipments that give you first strike are also a good choice Chariot of Victory , Bladed Pinions , Sword of Vengeance ...
Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons and Pharika, God of Affliction create more deathtouchers. Hapatra may need some help to get through, but Pharika is pretty good on her own, your deck already has a lot of creatures, and it can be used also as graveyard hate if needed.
Skullwinder occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%