Emeria, Shattered Skyclave
As Emeria, Shattered Skyclave enters the battlefield, you may pay 3 life. If you don't, it enters the battlefield tapped.
: Gain .
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Emeria, Shattered Skyclave Discussion
5 months ago
Gideon of the Trials is a very versatile card on its own but i had to swap it out because Runed Halo has no synergy with any planeswalkers. Runed Halo showed to be just too good to be swapped out. (It only struggles if you always play against new brew decks)
Skyclave Apparition is an option i'm testing at the moment (Works quite good). It would fit way better if it were an Angel or Human though (for Caverns and Deck flavor). You would have to swap out Wall of Omens for Charming Prince then for the additional interaction.
Linvala, Keeper of Silence I keep her in here because i have someone who plays Slivers in my playgroup with a value combo Dormant Sliver and later Necrotic Sliver. If she enters the battlefield, it's game. Lyra Dawnbringer is really nice but its ability need a lot of Angels on the battlefield. She works way better if the Angels are cheap, like 2 - 3 mana drops. I've not seen a non lifegain Angel that low except maybe Serra Avenger
Giver of Runes is insane and would be a great addition, because i cannot deal with Path to Exile myself. I tried it with Ranger-Captain of Eos a while ago but somehow the deck got slow i lost one match after the other. Not sure how i could include Giver of Runes at the moment. I have a Eight-and-a-Half-Tails Sideboard against control which you can fetch.
Emeria, Shattered Skyclave is a must include for this deck even if you cannot fetch it. Every white deck i own has it now. Ondu Skyruins is not really needed, i included it because i play a lot of multiplayer at the moment.
Secluded Steppe + Mistveil Plains gives Weathered Wayfarer the ability to tap and draw a card for 4 mana (Activating Mistveil Plains cost 1 mana. At least some card draw engine, you can try Arch of Orazca if you like it more. I like the land fetch ability more XD).
What i really need for this deck is 3 drop removal better than Oblivion Ring. Grasp of Fate is strictly better but not modern. Banisher Priest and Fiend Hunter die easily to removal. I hope some day a set will bring something printed on an Angel
Kind Regards -Drcfan
7 months ago
Plans for updating the mana base to a alternative mana base version:
New Mana base:
- 2x Cavern of Souls
- 3x Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- 16x Snow-Covered Plains
- 1x Emeria, Shattered Skyclave
- 1x Ondu Skyruins
- 1x Secluded Steppe
- 1x Mistveil Plains
Old Mana Base
- Emeria, The Sky Ruin is removed because it requires an average over 10 turns to activate while there could be more utility lands to use.
- Mistveil Plains is the engine that allows to put used sorceries like Emeria's Call Flip or Ondu Inversion Flip back into the library where they act as lands which can get fetched into the hand by Weathered Wayfarer
- Secluded Steppe can act as a draw a card together with weathered wayfarer (I will playtest to see if that brings any more advantages besides Mangara, the Diplomat)
- Eiganjo Castle is on the watchlist
- Flagstones of Trokair is on the watchlist, depends how On Thin Ice requires snow lands
I can not consider any more lands that come into play tapped, i have 3 now which is already brutal
7 months ago
I apologize in advance if this is a known issue or already being addressed.