Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Land — Forest Plains
(: Add or .)
As Temple Garden enters the battlefield, you may pay 2 life. If you don't, Temple Garden enters the battlefield tapped.
5 days ago
Since you have shock lands, Ranger's Path and/or Three Visits might be a ramp spell you can get behind, since it doesn't require basic land types and you can fetch your shock lands right onto the battlefield tapped. Even if you don't need green, fetch the Temple Garden or Stomping Ground to expand your white and red mana. Better yet, Jetmir's Garden for when you can spend a few extra bucks on the deck again.
Also, no hideaway lands? I feel like all three of the hideaway lands in your colors would be easy to trigger by your deck, especially the Mosswort Bridge.
3 months ago
NonetheWeisser - I love the dinos. The Enrage is a really fun mechanic that is seriously underrated in my opinion.
You are not wrong that lowering the mana curve would be ideal but it is hard to. Dinos are just so BIG and EXPENSIVE! The amount of creatures that drop the cost of dinos mixed with the addition of 4xUtopia Sprawl does help get things out fast. An example of an ideal hand I have played would be:
I am pretty excited for the The Lost Caverns of Ixalan set to drop in 2023 to get some more dinos. Not to many in the tribe to choose from but very fun somewhat janky deck to play!
3 months ago
I would recommend some of the Eldrazi titans, such as Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger as some big top end bombs. Some ramp creatures wouldn't go amiss either, such as Birds of Paradise, and Dryad of the Ilysian Grove.
In terms of Instants, Sorceries, and Enchantments, getting some more of the Ultimatum cycle (Brilliant Ultimatum, Cruel Ultimatum, Emergent Ultimatum) might be a good idea, and Sunbird's Invocation would be a good idea too if you are casting such big CMC cards.
Another recommended addition would be Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh as it is just a straight up good card for the colour and big mana theme.
I'd recommend replacing the tapped tri-lands (Arcane Sanctum, Crumbling Necropolis, Frontier Bivouac, Jungle Shrine, Mystic Monastery, Nomad Outpost, Opulent Palace, Sandsteppe Citadel, Savage Lands, and Seaside Citadel) with the shock land cycle (Blood Crypt, Breeding Pool, Godless Shrine, Hallowed Fountain, Overgrown Tomb, Sacred Foundry, Steam Vents, Stomping Ground, Temple Garden, and Watery Grave) as they are easier to fetch for or find with ramp spells.
Final notes: Give the deck a little more of a creature focus, having as few as you have right now you'll find there is very little to hit with your reanimation, but other then that, good job on the first draft! looking forward to see how it plays out!
3 months ago
Clan Crafter allows you to keep Sarevok from harming yourself due to his own trigger. This is because you always have an outlet to sacrifice toward. It'll also grow Sarevok's power, making him more brutal toward your opponents.
As for Gyruda, taking their stuff is always very nice. Clan Crafter also can put +1/+1 counters on Gyruda, since she is a Commander as well.
Recognize something unique with Sarevok, though. It draws attention to each player's end step, but does not stipulate in any way that the controlling player must have sacrificed something. For example, suppose there is a 4-player game between Bryan, James, Sarah and Anthony. Perhaps, for argument's sake, it is Sarah's turn. She moves to her end step, and this will put Sarevok's ability on the stack. During her turn, Sarah did not have a permanent leave the battlefield. You'd assume Sarevok would have her lose 3 life, since his power is 3. However, as par with EDH players, Anthony's turn is up next so he cracks his fetchland in response to Sarevok's ability.
Anthony searches for his Temple Garden and puts it onto the battlefield tapped.
Now Sarevok's ability moves to resolve. But what's this? It checks and sees that Anthony did in fact have a permanent leave the battlefield. Therefore, Sarah does NOT lose her 3 life.
- Just something to keep an eye out for.
3 months ago
I must agree with to_regatha_and_beyond about the manabase. With more fetch lands and more copies of Indatha Triome, Godless Shrine, Overgrown Tomb, and Temple Garden, it is a great way to improve consistency and speed the deck up. With that said, I completely understand why you have lands like Nurturing Peatland to get the card draw you need with such a low mana curve. Also, I would probably go down to 20 lands since your most expensive card is only 4 CMC.
I would consider putting in more copies of Collected Company, mainly because it's insanely strong.
My favorite card you have in this deck is definately Knight of Autumn. The fact that it offers removal and is a creature is fantastic.
All that to get to the main reason I'm here! The debate btween Pyre of Heroes and Eldritch Evolution. I think with this deck, Pyre of Heroes might be a better option. It is technically a slower play, however something I've found with tutor mechanics like this needing a lot of card draw is not really needed. I would also venture to say that having Pyre of Heroes would eleminate your need for Aether Vial.
5 months ago
some good lands make a world of difference. not the most exciting upgrades but probably the most functional.
- Boseiju, Who Endures these are amazing because if you dont need the land drop they can be a spell
- Otawara, Soaring City
- Marsh Flats
- Misty Rainforest
- Verdant Catacombs
- Flooded Strand
- Gavony Township
- Spara's Headquarters or other triomes from capenna
- Indatha Triome or other triomes
- Opal Palace
- Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth
- Temple Garden or other shock lands, they can be fetched and can enter untapped
- Dreamroot Cascade the midnight hunt and crimson vow lands are also great for helping fix your mana
- Karn's Bastion
5 months ago
Love a good cat deck! You should check out Kaheera Cats and Chariots :3 by NonetheWeisser for some additional inspiration. Definitely one of the most competitive tribal cat decks out there and if I could toot my own horn my version of cat tribal focuses more on token creation but it is fairly potent non the less as well (Feline Feelings). Lots of good discussion in the comments of those two decks as many of the cards you are either playing or considering are in those. Might help you make some educated decisions if you were on the edge of playing one cat versus another.
Otherwise, it almost feels a bit like you are going for some +1/+1 counter synergy with this deck. Collective Effort and Unbreakable Formation are something I have played in +1/+1 counter decks and Ajani, Caller of the Pride provides another way to get counters while having some finishing moves as well. If that is the direction you are wanting, I would definitely recommend adding in a full playset of Metallic Mimic to bring cats in with +1/+1 counters and Hardened Scales to double that effect. Adding a few copies of Gavony Township might give you late game options as well. If that is not the direction you are wanting, I might suggest Dromoka's Command over Collective Effort. Slightly less potent and upside but cheaper and a bit more flexible. I would also suggest Heroic Intervention over Unbreakable Formation for the same reasons.
Also, you may want to look at the lands a bit. You only have 10 ways to generate a mana. Loam Lion is a beast if could add something like Temple Garden. Wooded Bastion would be a cheaper alternative if cost is an issue.
Anyway, hope something there was useful and happy brewing!
7 months ago
- Sol Ring
- Goblin Engineer (It does not really synergize with the combo, it was in to find Zuran Orb but I kind of have enough ways to find it and not enough artifacts to sacrifice.)
- Roil Elemental (It was a cute card but I had to cut one more card for some more consistency and with the amount of tutors I play generally I will always rather have Tatyova or Gitrog Monster which are both tutorable by Bring to Light.)
- Pact of Negation (Pact of Negation is kind of an expensive card and I think I like Pyroblast more, it's mainly to combat counterspells on the second sunrise anyway and Pyroblast has some added utility to it which I think makes it better.)
- Mana Vault
- Overgrown Tomb (Decided I want to run just 3 shock lands, this one might get back into the deck but I opted for others first.)
- Mox Diamond
- Mana Crypt
- Krark-Clan Ironworks (Decided to get rid of the KCI saccing mana rocks before second sunrise plan, it was too convoluted and I want to go for a more land centric deck.)
- Valakut Exploration (This was also one of my other win conditions, and I liked Roil Elemental first above this but decided to cut both.)
- Izzet Chronarch (Got replaced by Timeless Witness.)
- Krosan Wayfarer (Has some early game utility while still being excellend in the Combo.)
- Cosmic Intervention (I somehow overlooked this card but I am really excited to add this as an early game play for value.)
- Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath (Uro is already an insane card, it sacrifices itself which is great, it's basically a recurrable Explore with the added bonus of sometimes being a powerful body, I think it will work excellend in the deck.)
- Explore (Both replace my mana rocks for some early mana ramp.)
- Breeding Pool
- Temple Garden
- Hallowed Fountain
- Timeless Witness
- Unbridled Growth (Fixes mana and sacrifices for a card, the other candidate was chromatic star which would also be good but I think Unbridled will have more value as you don't need to sacrifice it to gain it's fixing effect.)
I decided to cut my mana rocks that don't provide a color except for when they have a way to sacrifice themself which also made me cut my KCI from the deck.
|Have (6)||DudeMan1031 , , metalmagic , Gowigglytuff , mahouneko , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (23)||Bastermage , Rasimpson , rtadams , jw560211_magic , MarshCasualty , Ree11 , tocu , riverspree16 , jessenoah , Nitelite519 , MarshalLaeroth , II_Two_II , Slimeking102 , waffleman274 , OrcishMetal , TestingInPlainSight , Amaterasu312 , Phyrexian_Negotiator , Jumping_Jordan , Kildrax , rhluciano , theyounghansolo , PastaPaladin|