Land — Forest Plains
(: Gain or .)
As this enters the battlefield, you may pay 2 life. If you don't, this enters the battlefield tapped.
|Have (4)||, CampbellStev , dexxter7 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (2)||SaulPoodman , Gemini4786|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Temple Garden Discussion
1 month ago
1 month ago
Hey there! Here are some suggestions you might like:
- Animist's Awakening (allows for a ton of landfall triggers)
- Boundless Realms (tons of landfall triggers again
- Courser of Kruphix (lifegain, more triggers, hitting landdrops)
- Sacred Foundry : Consitency, powerful, and good with fetches mentioned later
- Elfhame Sanctuary (hit landrops more often, more guaranteed landfall triggers if you prefer lands that turn, so you don't have to just hope you draw a land)
- Mountain Valley / Grasslands (more fetches in your colors, gives you double landfall triggers since the fetch and land you fetch for both cause one, can search for shocks like Temple Garden , good with lotus cobra)
- Flood Plain / Rocky Tar Pit (fetch lands that provide 2 landfall triggers, and while not both are in colors you can search for shocks and thus get any color you want from them, as for example if you had flood plain, you could use that to search for Temple Garden or Sacred Foundry , good with lotus cobra)
- Emergent Sequence (ramp, landfall triggers, synergizes with cards that allow multiple landrops per turn)
- Reshape the Earth (insane amount of landfall triggers, can be a win-con)
- Explore : ramp, more landfall triggers
- Ramunap Excavator / Crucible of Worlds / Wrenn and Six (last two may be high budget but all allow you to play fetch land from your graveyard continuously giving guaranteed 2 landfall triggers per turn with just 1 fetch)
- Nature's Lore (can search for shocks, comes in untapped, landfall trigger)
- Bear Umbra (untap, replay, Obunn protection + buff)
- Bloom Tender (adds 3 mana with Obunn out)
- Burgeoning / Exploration (more lands so more landfall triggers, up to 4 lands our turn 2)
- Dryad of the Ilysian Grove (play more lands, add any colors)
- Land Tax (guaranteed lands in hand to play, costs little mana)
- Mirari's Wake (buffs, great if you can make your lands creatures, doubles mana)
- Scapeshift (insane amount of landrops)
Hope this helps! Good luck on your deck and have a wonderful day! Feel free to check out some of my decks.
1 month ago
Now that I’m thinking about it, I think that actually makes it cheaper to get Yavimaya and a bunch of basics rather than full play sets of Temple Garden , Sunpetal Grove , and other lands such as Horizon Canopy , and Wooded Bastion . I might squeeze one Arctic Treeline in place of a Branchloft Pathway Flip but pathway has been an absolute performer so far. In summary, it may actually be cheaper to go with Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth and trim other duals for basics. Especially once that initial price settles. Get in on it quick though, if you do.
2 months ago
(6) having both isint necessary but it can save you in corner cases such as your oponat having Maelstrom Pulse
(7) Solitary Confinement is best played alongside Enchantress's Presence and Setessan Champion to fill your hand and discard extra copies or lands while digging for a win con, if your about to loose it can buy you time but only if you have a way to draw cards
(8) it gets back enchantments if your oponant has destroyed one, you could also use it to get back a Solitary Confinement that you have sacrificed
(9) Canopy Vista is a sometimes untapped forest for Utopia Sprawl but generally you wold want to enchant a basic forest, you could use a different forest + white land but canopy vista seems to do the best job besides Temple Garden
3 months ago
Dont think you need "If you do, put ~ on to the battlefield.". Look at Temple Garden for example.
As ~ enters the battlefield, you may have target opponent create 2 treasures. If you don't, it enters the battlefield tapped.
3 months ago
I have 2 recommendations that are fairly cheap and will hit a lot of points for you.
Destiny Spinner is both protection from blue shenanigans and a mana sink for all those lands. You don't have a ton of enchantments but it's useful.
Huatli, Radiant Champion belongs in every G/W creature heavy deck. Two turns and you have very reliable card advantage.
6 months ago
Now that I see it laid out like this I see two problems and why you aren't able to play all your spells when we play. The biggest problem is the number of lands you have is too low. The second problem is the amount of card advantage you have. Both are causing you to not get your land drops when you need them.
These are four cards I would take out, why I would take them out, and what I suggest you replace them with:
Languish as a board wipe is too unreliable and will often miss the big threats that you might encounter. It's great against wide boards, but even then they may have anthem effects in play that make it useless. I suggest putting in Exotic Orchard.
Harrow was the hardest one for me to pick. It is great ramp and might still be worthwhile in the deck; however, you need to cut something and I can see situations where you wouldn't have any basic lands. In those cases, it is harder to justify sacrificing a land. I also suggest replacing this with a land, but the other ideas I have are a bit pricy. The best one would be to put in Mana Confluence but it is a bit pricy (you can get it for around $20). Reflecting Pool and Prismatic Vista are also pricy but not as good as Mana Confluence. Any of the three shocklands you don't have (Overgrown Tomb, Temple Garden, or Watery Grave) would be good too. At the end of the day just putting in a basic land would be fine and help the deck a lot.
Reliquary Tower is one of the best utility lands but it doesn't generate colored mana like you need. I also don't see enough card advantage to justify having it in the deck. Replacing it with any of the lands I mentioned in the previous paragraph would do.
6 months ago
if you've been out of the game for 20 years, you may have missed the fetch lands like Wooded Foothills. fetch lands are especially strong with shock lands like Temple Garden. since Temple Garden has the forest type, it can be grabbed with Wooded Foothills. an example of a "check land" would be something like Rootbound Crag, which also works with shock lands to come into play untapped.