Samut, Voice of Dissent
Legendary Creature — Human Warrior
Double strike, vigilance, haste
Other creatures you control have haste.
, : Untap another target creature.
|Have (2)||CompleteWaste , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Samut, Voice of Dissent Discussion
1 month ago
Congratulations on your Son! I'm pulling for him.
You should name him Kano.
On a side note, the only legendary creature card with both flash and haste is Samut, Voice of Dissent.
1 month ago
I'd give my vote to Samut, Voice of Dissent just based on haste alone, but the rest of the card makes her really nice for a deck that is trying to do hidden commander stuff because she doesn't need a lot of support to be scary on her own.
She would be a good commander for Bard Class, come to think of it.
1 month ago
Samut, Voice of Dissent is my vote
midrange cmc - low color demand makes it easy to cast
flash speed haste enabler
double strike with your melee triggers should easily hit for < 20
vigilance + : ( another creature) can add value to your extra combat steps
2 months ago
I've built Akroma/ Rograkh, Son of Rohgahh before as well. I think Kamahl is probably the overall more powerful option and ramps/fixes/draws better on a budget, but Rograkh can come in early and hard. I've also seen Akroma + Tana, the Bloodsower to allow access to Red and Green for both Rograkh and Kamahl (and some fun things like Samut, Voice of Dissent).
Focus your early game on ramping and you should be able to fill most of your deck with defenses and do well just off your commanders. Other than ramp spells like Farseek, Cultivate etc and defenses like Akroma's Will, there are tons of creatures out there with many keywords. Budget end-game beater options include Baneslayer Angel, End-Raze Forerunners, and Archon of Valor's Reach.
2 months ago
Hey, you're welcome.
If you're trying to win with a combo then having instant protection for the combo is important. Heroic Intervention and Boros Charm can protect all cards in the combo from most removal. Intervention is much more expensive price, but hexproof is even more protection. It was just reprinted in one of the new AtFR Commander precons thus it's price will most likely keep going down.
Congregation at Dawn is powerful with Eggs especially since it's an instant. Before you sac Eggs tutor for any three Dragons and put them on top of your library in any order. Old Gnawbone now makes Dawn even better since you can get Gnawbone + Hellkite Charger + any other creature. Having a creature haste enabler such as Samut, Voice of Dissent who can be cheated onto the battlefield can be helpful.
Currently you don't have any card recursion, Eternal Witness is a creature who can recur any card. Moon-Blessed Cleric is worth including because it's a creature who can tutor for Aggravated Assault or any other enchantment.
Some changes to consider:
6 months ago
That's a really cool idea for a Codie deck! However I think that one way to make it a bit stronger is to just add some counterspells to slow down your opponents while you get there and protect yourself (and most of what you do is cycling and you can do that in instant speed, so there is no problem with leave some mana up). You really need to protect your stuff because if someone destroys your zirda, you are pretty much done for. It will take so much time to cycle it all away without it, I think. So maybe, you can have many 1 instants and sorceries spells to use Codie, and some higher cmc instants and sorceries you can use before you actually use Codie's ability (or maybe, you can use it only as ramp and fixing without actually playing an instant or sorcery. And then, you might play a 1 cmc instant/sorcery to get Living End and another to get haste - which means that you need more haste enablers. There are some permanent ones with abilities that I thought about (namely Samut, Voice of Dissent and Fires of Yavimaya ) but you can also just add instants and sorceries that do that. The ideal one I think is Burst of Speed which just straight up gives everything you control haste for 1 mana - filling up both parts like Heroic Reinforcements . You can also add ramp. Almost all of it is nonpermanent or has activated abilities. And you can also add the cycling lands since most of them can cycle for free with zirda out and will reduce the amount of dead draws. You can also add Tectonic Reformation to once again reduce the amount of dead draws which you cant cycle. Lastly, freeing up the instants about 0 cmc allows you to add some tutors which will essensially act as multiple copies of the instants in this deck. Off the top of my head, Demonic Tutor , Vampiric Tutor , Merchant Scroll , Mystical Tutor and Long-Term Plans all work for this (and probably many many more).
What do you think about those suggestions? Imo, they will allow the deck to do what it wants to do much quicker and more consistently.
7 months ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
8 months ago
Mana base: I see you're running a lot of modal lands, I'd recommend switching these out for basic lands or more named lands (Forest, Plains etc). The modal lands aren't searchable off of your ramp spells like Spoils of Victory or Farseek. I really like having a named land focus in Esika's mana base - shock lands ( Overgrown Tomb , Sacred Foundry etc.) should replace the snow dual lands if your budget allows for them. If not (understandable, shock lands for a 5 colour deck eat your wallet) then I'd play all 5 Triomes, and all 5 named lands that enter untapped if you control 2 or more basic lands ( Prairie Stream , Smoldering Marsh etc.) along with 2-4 of each basic land and some basic land ramp alongside your named land ramp such as Rampant Growth , Cultivate & Kodama's Reach . Land Tax is also a solid option if you run at least a couple of each basic land as it can colour fix you very early on so you can play The Prismatic Bridge asap. I know you're running counter increasers like Vorinclex, but I'd also remove the 2 counter based lands you have as well, without something like Vorinclex or Doubling Season out they're sub-optimal.
I'd take out the mana rocks you have in there, and replace them with more ramp sorceries like Three Visits , Ranger's Path , Skyshroud Claim , and Nature's Lore . Yes, they search specifically for Forests, but with enough named dual lands or Triomes they'll still allow you to search for the colour you need. If you didn't want to add in more ramp sorceries, low cmc legendary creatures that you can tap for mana via Esika's ability are viable (this would require you to have cards that allow you to bounce Esika back to hand ideally so you could cast her enchantment side when needed). Kinnan, Bonder Prodigy is an absolute beast in this deck, even if you whiff on his ability a lot being able to tap any legendary creature for 2 mana of any colour from turn 2 onwards is dummy strong. If you go down this route untap cards like Derevi, Empyrial Tactician , Dramatic Reversal , Samut, Voice of Dissent and Kiora's Follower can help to give you buckets of mana each turn.
Planeswalkers/counter generation: Unless you decide to add flicker/sac & reanimate/ability copyers, I'd cut Deepglow Skate as it's a one-time-only version of Doubling Season for the same mana cost. Pir, Imaginative Rascal is brilliant in this kind of deck as his ability a) increases both starting loyalty and uptick loyalty gain and b) stacks with Vorinclex & Doubling Season. Having Pir & either Doubling Season or Vorinclex out will turn a +1 uptick into +4, a starting loyalty count of 5 becomes 12. Inexorable Tide & Contagion Engine are worth considering too, I can understand not adding Tide as you're free-dropping a good chunk of your Planesalkers/creatures with The Prismatic Bridge rather than casting them, but Contagion Engine is non-targeted creature removal as well 2 instances of proliferate per turn (Pir & proliferate = happy Planeswalker noises). Estrid, the Masked , Oath of Jace & Sphere of Safety would be a good group of cards to add - Estrid allows you to untap any enchanted permanent, her second ability will let you enchant any permanent (not just creatures) and increase your enchantment count for Sphere of Safety, and her ult is one of your only ways of recurring enchantments should they get destroyed (this won't allow you to recur The Prismatic Bridge though). Oath of Jace is great for filtering through your topdeck during your upkeep to choose your Bridge targets. Kaya the Inexorable is incredible in a superfriends deck - with your counter generation you'll have no problem getting her ult off straight away, which will allow you to free cast any legendary card once a turn, so if people kill (or even exile) your Planeswalkers or important legendary cards like Vorinclex/Chain Veil etc. you can always get them back. She also has removal, and recursion for your creatures. Samut, the Tested . Samut, the Tested . Samut, the Tested . For the love of all that is holy, play Samut because dropping her with Doubling Season or Vorinclex out can end games there and then. I have a combo in my Esika deck that will guarantee you first place unless Samut gets countered on the stack. Lithoform Engine , Strionic Resonator & Rings of Brighthearth will help you capitalize on important abilities like Planeswalker ults, The Prismatic Bridge and proliferate. Getting off an emblem and then going Lithoform Engine > Rings of Brighthearth to get 3 of those emblems instead of one is pretty explosive.
Creatures: Captain Sisay would work quite well here as she can search any legendary card in your deck which is invaluable in Esika and isn't as pricey/colour dependant as Sisay, Weatherlight Captain (I'm not saying cut her, but 2 Sisays are better than one). Kodama of the East Tree will let you chuck out Planeswalkers like nobody's business, The Prismatic Bridge now doubles its usefulness per turn. Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire is a great tutor in Esika as he's cheap, he can swing without tapping due to Esika giving him Vigilance, search something using his boast ability and put it on top of your library (something something Prismatic Bridge shenanigans) and then tap for mana in your 2nd main phase.
I hope what I've said helps, I love building Superfriends and all the whacky stuff you can do with it