Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Orc Warrior
Whenever Thrasher Brute or another Warrior enters the battlefield under your team's control, target opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
2 years ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
PLAX101 on Najeela
4 years ago
creatures to most likely take:
Combo pieces to take:
other to most likely take:
Harvest Season (after changing mana base)
SharpRaptor on Najeela
4 years ago
Blightsteel Colossus - Curve reasons
Graveblade Marauder - Cute but effect probably isn't good enough
Hamletback Goliath - Curve reasons
Khenra Eternal - Bad card basically. Though we want this slot to be at that mana cost
Khenra Scrapper - Again. We want aggressive cards like this but we can do better
Saskia the Unyielding - Big target on your head. Colour intensive. Not a warrior
Savage Knuckleblade - Colour intensive
Taurean Mauler - Doesn't work towards our game plan. Doesn't trigger off combat damage doesn't buff others.
Tenacious Dead - Just bad
Tolsimir Wolfblood - Buff isn't universal and its expensive
Zhur-Taa Druid - We want mana dorks. But only taps for green and its colour intensive to cast.
Maybe Cuts Or Later Cuts
Thunderfoot Baloth - Expensive but ok effect.
Hellkite Charger - Maybe cut. We already have access to this effect at cheaper cost
Zurgo Helmsmasher - He's good. But doesn't help the rest of the game plan
Clan Defiance - Doesn't impact the board enough to make us win the game.
Lavalanche - Effect we want but possible to find cheaper?
Fires of Yavimaya - Replace with Rhythm of the Wild
Artifact Mutation && Aura Mutation - Change with generic artifact or enchantment removal
Crackling Doom - Doesn't do enough
Oketra's Monument - Doesn't trigger enough and the mana reduction isn't relevant enough
Attacking / Combat Matter Cards
Blood-Chin Rager - Warriors have Menace
Herald of Dromoka - Warriors have Vigilance
Chief of the Edge - Warriors get +1/+0
Raiders' Spoils - Very good card draw
Lovisa Coldeyes - Warriors +2/+2 Haste
Mindblade Render - MOAR card draw
Ogre Battledriver - Your warriors that enter will be 3/1s when attacking
Jazal Goldmane - Massive Buffs
Mardu Woe-Reaper - Graveyard Interaction
Thrasher Brute - Drains an opponent with warrior etb triggers
Edric, Spymaster of Trest - MOAR CARD DRAW
Cryptolith Rite - Lots of mana, infinite combats
Phyrexian Altar - Sac some of the tokens to activate Najeela
Derevi, Empyrial Tactician - Win the game
Sword of Feast and Famine - Win the game if you have the lands
Nature's Will - Win the game if you have the lands
Bear Umbra - Win the game if you have the lands
Archetype of Aggression - Trample
Purphoros, God of the Forge - This guy doesn't need explanation
Cyclonic Rift - ....yeh
Heroic Intervention - Anti-Wrath. Rootborn Defenses Dauntless Escort Join Shields
Divine Visitation - BECAUSE ANGELS
Harvest Season - we make a lot of tapped and attacking creatures. We want mana
Throne of the God-Pharaoh - Alternate win cons
Shared Animosity - Massive Buffs
Anointed Procession Parallel Lives - More tokens
Aggravated Assault - Easier Najeela trigger without keywords
Aven Wind Guide - Gives our tokens flying and vigilance
JoosetheMuice on Najeela and the Bee
4 years ago
I would add: Cultivate Nature's Lore (if you get shocks) Path of Ancestry Karplusan Forest Blood-Chin Rager Lightning Greaves Swiftfoot Boots Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist Secure the Wastes Garna, the Bloodflame Metallic Mimic Butcher of Malakir Nath of the Gilt-Leaf Swan Song Hero's Downfall Anguished Unmaking Enlightened Tutor Herald's Horn Kindred Dominance Temple Garden Stomping Ground
Right off the bat I'd cut: Ahn-Crop Champion Cryptolith Rite Harvest Season Bloodsoaked Champion Decorated Champion Chief of the Edge Edric, Spymaster of Trest Herald of Dromoka Rubblebelt Raiders Sosuke, Son of Seshiro Druids' Repository Thrasher Brute Radiant Destiny Song of Freyalise Throne of the God-Pharaoh
hkhssweiss on najeela warrior tribal
4 years ago
You should add in Mindblade Render gives you silly amount of card draw...but you might die from all those triggers xD
Some cards that fit the theme and synergy: Ogre Battledriver, Secure the Wastes, Arashin Foremost, Brighthearth Banneret, Thrasher Brute, Aven Wind Guide, Duskwatch Recruiter Flip, Edric, Spymaster of Trest, Aggravated Assault, Neheb, the Eternal
Hope that gives some help!
Darkshadow327 on Attack of the Horde (EDH Tribal Series #9)
4 years ago
This deck has gone through 3 iterations, each bringing a different color identity. The deck started at Mardu with Zurgo Helmsmasher, then 4 color with Saskia the Unyielding, and now finally full WUBRG with Najeela, the Blade-Blossom. So a lot of the cards you have been in the deck at one point.
Aven Wind Guide is definitely a cards I need to think about, Brighthearth Banneret as well. Champion of Lambholt was in the running during the Saskia stage, but was cut because I didn't think it would do great, but it definitely would now. Rushblade Commander was under consideration as well, but looking back I should have cut Madrush Cyclops instead. Thrasher Brute will be considered as well.
Aura Shards would be a good idea seeing as this deck has the capacity to produce tons of tokens. Settle the Wreckage is a nice instant speed board wipe, and you underestimate Insidious Will. It is awesome to just turn someone's Path to Exile or other ambush effect when you are attacking and turn it against its caster.
Card draw isn't a huge concern, but there is always a place for it. Both Obelisk of Urd and Door of Destinies were in here at a point, they will have to find a spot once again.
You also underestimate Aggravated Assault I won't always have Najeela, and there is a possibility that I won't have WUBRG.
Hazezon Tamar is mostly here for more tokens, and Dakkon Blackblade is a beast, he can get huge. This can draw attention away from other cards, or just do some damage. Ezuri, Claw of Progress, is a nice card. All these tokens that get produced give me experience counters, allowing me to dump counters on stuff until my opponents are forced to get rid of Ezuri. Jazal Goldmane is nice because if I have a lot of tokens it makes them huge.
The +2/+2 affect of Bear Umbra is just a perk, the real power comes from the "When this creature attacks, untap all lands you control"
Thanks for the suggestions, this will help the deck advance and become better!
babushkasara on Attack of the Horde (EDH Tribal Series #9)
4 years ago
Najeela is super sweet. My roommate recently built a deck that doesn't emphasize her activated ability, but it still has some good warrior options.
One thing I notice immediately is that your mana curve is relatively high. If you have enough low-cost creatures for it be worth it, Alesha, Who Smiles at Death can be warrior-based recursion. Aven Wind Guide boosts Najeela's tokens, literally. Brighthearth Banneret is great Warrior ramp. Did you know Champion of Lambholt is a warrior? Also Mindblade Render, Rushblade Commander, and definitely Thrasher Brute from Battlebond.
You don't have any enchantment/artifact removal, so I'd suggest adding a Nature's Claim or even Aura Shards. Honestly, I don't think Insidious Will or Settle the Wreckage are necessary. The deck isn't trying to be a control deck and with all the ways to give your chump blockers vigilance, being attacked isn't a problem.
You also need more draw power. Skullclamp is where it's at. Bident of Thassa is also nice. Obelisk of Urd and Door of Destinies can buff all your warriors.
Aggravated Assault is unnecessary. Bear Umbra only works on the one creature it's attached to. Consider Beastmaster Ascension, Fervor, Intangible Virtue, Parallel Lives, and the "safe" Coat of Arms, Shared Animosity.
Skyshroud Claim isn't good in a 5 color deck and Genesis Wave isn't what the deck is wanting to do. Consider Harvest Season for ramp and things like Blasphemous Act, Dreadbore, and Hull Breach for more removal.
I'm not gonna say much about the land base other than you absolutely need at least some basics. Strip Mine is a thing and so is Blood Moon. Also, Unclaimed Territory and Path of Ancestry.
I don't love Hazezon Tamar because he's so slow and also cost-prohibitive for most people. Dakkon Blackblade isn't worth his mana cost compared to other warrior options you have available. I'm not a fan of using the experience counter commanders in the 99 (Ezuri) because they never seem impactful enough while they're around. I think there's better/cheaper options to replace Jazal that aren't so white heavy. Rubblebelt Raiders only benefits itself.
To summarize: make the deck more synergistic with warriors that support all warriors rather than just themselves, add more card draw, add more removal, focus on the goal of the deck.
LittleBlueHero on Anyone attend the Battlebond preview …
4 years ago
Awesome! Thats a heck of a showing.
I played this past sunday in a "supersized draft" There were only 4 teams so 3 matches total and we went 2-1. I was playing R/G goodstuff and my partner was playing W/B kill all the things... both of us had a significant number of warriors as well.
Match one wasn't looking good. Our opponents had us to 19 by turn 5 on the back of an early loyal pegasus and some other creature we couldn't block and an aura. We eventually got rid of most of their board and I was able to cast Stolen Strategy, my partner got a decent sized lifeliker with flying into play, and began to stabilize. After their quick start our opponents fizzled out and we eventually won on the back Bramble Sovereign into 2x 10/10 Apocalypse Hydra which wiped their board the following turn.
Match 2 was an embarrassment. My partner and I both took admittedly slower looking hands but we were not prepared for the explosiveness of our opponents decks. They dumped out 4 smallish creatures early while we had nothing on board, then cast Regna's Sanction to pump everything and swing through for lethal in 6 turns... everyone was laughing (including us) because we were pretty sure two-headed giant games are not supposed to be that fast.
Match 3 went a lot like the first one. Our opponents came our quicker, got us to 19 (something about that number) before we were able to start stabilizing. This one was tougher though, and took longer for us to get control as our opponents were playing a lot of flyers in U/B that we couldn't do much about. My partner eventually got out 2 Thrasher Brute, one was quickly dispatched but having the one in play kept us going from 11 to 15 multiple turns in a row thanks to warrior tokens and some lucky flips off of Stolen Strategy. Our opponents got a 13/13 Apocalypse Hydra and a Coralhelm Guide while we were at 11 life... staring imminent loss in the face I flipped over TWO WARRIORS with Stolen Strategy, my partner made more tokens and that put them in range for a lethal final swing...
So. Much. Fun.