Sidisi, Undead Vizier
Legendary Creature — Zombie Naga
Exploit (When this creature enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice a creature.)
When Sidisi, Undead Vizier exploits a creature, you may search your library for a card, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
|Want (10)||lowemal , BlueNinja , craigpitz , Blackswordsman123 , scaevola23 , Sting302 , TommyNL89 , Teleman89 , Teeracer , Faceless119911|
Printings View all
|Dragons of Tarkir (DTK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Sidisi, Undead Vizier occurrence in decks from the last year
Sidisi, Undead Vizier Discussion
1 day ago
- cut Doomed Dissenter since it can't be recast with your commander, and there are plenty of 2/2 zombies for 2 which can
- cut Festering Mummy because in commander, most creatures will not die with a couple of -1/-1 counters. Consider keeping it if your opponents play lots of mana dorks such as Llanowar Elves
- cut Ghoulraiser, your commander casts a zombie of your choice from the graveyard anyway
- cut Liliana's Steward, targeted discard is bad in commander. You and the targeted opponent lose a card, but your other two opponents don't.
- cut Increasing Ambition, it simply costs too much mana for the effect in my opinion
- cut Sealed Fate, it's pretty bad unless your opponent just used a Worldly Tutor or something
- cut Shamble Back, you don't want to exile your own creatures, and it's a pretty poor form of graveyard hate.
- cut Remove Soul, if you're paying 2 mana for a counterspell, you want it to hit more than just creatures
- cut Spell Snuff, 3 mana counterspells are too expensive
- cut Vile Rebirth for the same reason as Shamble Back
- cut Manalith and Nyx Lotus. When you're in 2 colours, you generally don't want to pay more than 2 mana to ramp. Plus if you ramp on turn 2, you'll have 4 mana on turn 3, allowing you to cast your commander early
- cut Telepathy, it's not worth using a card to see your opponents hand unless you're playing something specific like maybe Sen Triplets.
- For semi-budget 2-colour deck, your mana base looks pretty good. I would just cut Skyline Cascade, having it come in tapped isn't worth it for it's effect in commander. You can probably just play a basic island in its place.
If you want to upgrade your mana base, avoid lands that come in tapped like Dimir Guildgate. A few suggestions would be Command Tower, Choked Estuary, Darkwater Catacombs, Drowned Catacomb, Tainted Isle, Underground River, Watery Grave.
I hope that was helpful! Here's a link to my The Scarab God commander deck which has a pretty similar zombie tribal theme to what you have. Take a look through it and maybe you'll find more cards that I forgot to mention. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask!
6 days ago
1 month ago
We are always trying to run Revival / Revenge, but it never stays in the final build.
We are currently playing with Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant, Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose, and Lurrus of the Dream-Den, and likely gonna reintegrate Serra Ascendant (despite the true owner's disdain for that card) for some low cmc toolkit synergy and big lifegain sacrifices.
Lurrus of the Dream-Den has given us ample opportunity to set up Animate Dead + Karmic Guide into Sun Titan shenanigans, while bringing back a soul sister effect whenever we need one after a big nonland wipe.
Will keep you updated! We are also testing a new loop theme: Solemnity + Mikaeus, the Unhallowed / Luminous Broodmoth which has been testing extremely positively, especially with Sidisi, Undead Vizier, Gray Merchant of Asphodel, or Kokusho, the Evening Star (with mikaeus at least)
Once we test some more we will finalize the updates to the primer/etc. We haven't been able to test in a multiple player setting, will likely set up a rig for Saturday night virtual playing soon.
In 1 v 1 testing, The new soul sister effects are back breaking. Easily gaining 15+ life by the time it matters and mitigating early game damage. Living Death with Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed loops keep things liquid and denying resources through spot exile or Remorseful Cleric have been the prime way of shutting down the game.
1 month ago
I really like instant speed disruption strategies. I haven't seen this kind of deck before personally. I really like the win condition.
Other good decks for instant speed mass disruption strategies that may interest you are Sidisi, Undead Vizier (you can search for Shimmer Myr and play something like a Nevinyrral's Disk followed by Voltaic Key), or play Raff Capashen, Ship's Mage and do similar things. K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth can also play lots of cards like Tragic Slip and Necropotence. Basically, any commander that has Flash-giving abilities, tutoring, and or mass mana giving and/or drawing capabilities can be built like this in the right conditions.
2 months ago
Cards I'm adding:
3 months ago
I am a player who loves my graveyard ... I have more competitive decks: Meren lord of the undead - Gitrog The Bogeyland - Muldrotha Competitive/Stax and others more goodstuff with land-theme Taisigur Lands Matter - Muldrotha Land Power!
There's a card that the commander's guys don't give much value but is stupidly strong on a Meren deck: Skirsdag High Priest! Try matching with Apprentice Necromancer and you have two friends for life!
I don't see much use to Seedborn Muse and Underworld Dreams. Be very careful with The Gitrog Monster because you don't have a lans-reanimator like Crucible of Worlds or Ramunap Excavator ... having a Life from the Loam would be a good help ...
I hope I could have been useful! Continue this journey of digging up the dead! Muuuahahah!
3 months ago
Hey, nice start. I suggest cutting a few subpar reanimation spells for more lands and more low CMC ramp. 31 lands is on the low side for a 4.6 avg. CMC.
Lands/ramp for $400 budget to consider adding:
- Command Tower
- Caves of Koilos
- Fetid Heath
- High Market
- Hall of Heliod's Generosity
- Ash Barrens
- Dark Ritual
- Arcane Signet
- Talisman of Hierarchy
Cards to consider cutting:
- Unholy Indenture
- Immortal Servitude
- Miraculous Recovery
- Rise to Glory
- Blood for Bones
- Bond of Revival
- Breath of Life
Another thing consider would be to cut some the least good high CMC creatures for tutors to get the better cards into your hand especially Buried Alive and repeatable draw sources. Razaketh, Elesh, Sheoldred, Vilis, Titan, Ashen, Primordial are the best ones. Kokusho and Yosei want more consistent sac outlets that can be reanimated/recurred such as Viscera Seer.
Tutors/draw for a $400 budget to consider adding:
Good luck with your deck.
3 months ago
Nice list! These might interest you: Zulaport Cutthroat, Pitiless Plunderer, Midnight Reaper, Smothering Abomination, Harvester of Souls, Champion of Stray Souls, Cauldron of Souls, Deathrender, Fleshbag Marauder, Merciless Executioner, Plaguecrafter, Slum Reaper, Black Market, Dawn of the Dead, Sidisi, Undead Vizier, Psychosis Crawler