|Have (2)||thirdwhirly ,|
Combos Browse all
- Teferi, Temporal Archmage + The Chain Veil + Thran Dynamo
- Brago, King Eternal + Strionic Resonator + Thran Dynamo
- Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter + Thran Dynamo
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Thran Dynamo Discussion
1 week ago
Hello. I have been studying Blink Brago Control for few weeks and I have to tell that I probably have found my place in MTG - I need to build this deck. The job that you had done is so good.. I'm gonna create my deck based on yours. Why ? Because your deck is IMO lacking some essential cards and OFC an UPDATE. Yep... you really need an update. Im casual player, any feedback is very appreciated. So I encourage everybody who is reading this to a discussion.
card draw / card selection
Rhystic Study - Every blue commander should play this, why don't we try - gives consistent draw to get more cards..
Mystic Remora - more draw..
Esper Sentinel - kinda new card in magic - gets consistent draw
Dig Through Time - Powerful because of delve.
Luminous Broodmoth - Mass removal - even more profit! more blinking!
Soulherder - Every blink deck, please. This enables to get more blinking triggers and payoffs at the same time.
Disallow - extended counterspell...
Trickbind - counter triggers sometimes are gold worth.
Dovin's Veto - One of the most powerful counterspells in magic. Guesss what. It's Azorius colors ;)
Path to Exile - classic
Lightning Greaves - protect commander
Linvala, Shield of Sea Gate - lets sacrifice it anytime we need...
Thran Dynamo - IMO really underappreciated mana base card.
Teferi, Master of Time - Isn't this a must-play in an BW deck now?
Teferi, Hero of Dominaria - Isn't it too much mana?
1 week ago
Sensei's Divining Top - Utility + Smooth out draws
Mystic Forge - Cast half your deck
Above 2 + Ugin Ineffable = Infinite Draw
Thran Dynamo > Sissay Ring
Basalt Monolith - Ramp
Rings of Brighthearth - Utility, extra draw with top
Above 2 = Infinite mana
1 month ago
Thran Dynamo > Sisay's ring
Liliana's Caress > Megrim
Mind Twist > Wit's End
There was a new card that makes them discard 2, then exile their grave, you should definitely add it. It costs 2 colorless and 1 black. I forgot the name.
Definitely cut some less synergistic black good stuff for more relevant synergy and cheaper CMC to focus the deck. Idk your budget, your meta, what you struggle with (aside from artifact and enchantments). Providing this info will be helpful for others to provide suggestions
1 month ago
1 month ago
Oh crap super sorry I didn't see the deck was modern, a ton of those suggestions aren't legal. These are the ones that aren't legal my apologies.
Sorry again, hope the other suggestions still help!
1 month ago
Hey there! Ramping can be quite difficult in colorless, and while you have some wonderful ramp rocks, I'd recommend a few others as well! I'd recommend cutting a few eldrazi or things you can spare, since there's no use in filling your hand with huge spells if you can't cast them!
- Thran Dynamo / Sisay's Ring : Both pretty simple, but they can be used as soon as they're out and from then on can easily provide a source of mana to cast more things, much like Hedron archive.
- Forsaken Monument : INSANELY ramps, and while it may cost a bit of mana, this can make all your lands, and most of your ramp essentially double, allowing you to cast a TON more spells much faster. It even buffs the eldrazi, and gains you life you may have lost in earlier turns.
- Palladium Myr / Hedron Crawler : These guys may not seem like the best, but you have very few cheaper blockers, and you thus may get killed before you can cast big things. You can block big creatures with these, in addition to using them for ramp, so you can cast bigger spells.
- Crystal Vein : Easily provides colorless, the only source you need, and offers more if you chose to sac it, putting you one turn ahead in casting some big eldrazi!
- Ugin, the Ineffable : Costs quite a bit, but makes ALL the eldrazi (and most ramp spells) cost 2 less, greatly reducing their cost.
- Mind Stone : A great, cheap, colorless source that can help you ramp, putting you one turn ahead, as well as offering card draw if necessary!
The next few may OR may not be out of your budget, so here they are if you haven't heard of them:
- Ancient Tomb : great ramping land, providing 2 colorless at the expense of just 2 life- this is great from early turns and can help you ramp into more ramp so you can cast big spells much faster.
- Urza's Incubator : You could name eldrazi, and essentially do what Ugin did as mentioned above for half the cost in mana. This could really be a great ramp spell and costs very little mana.
- Mana Vault : Even if you just use it once this can put you WAY ahead in the game, 3+ turns to be exact.
- Mana Crypt : costs no mana, ramps you just as good as something that costs 3 mana. Its pricey, but very, very, very powerful.
Hope this helps! Be sure to check out some of my decks, and drop an upvote if you'd like! Good luck on the deck- cheers!
Edit: some cuts I recommend are 2 of the all is dusts, both karns (they're fun, but not worth it), and possibly 2 of the thought-knot seers as long as you'd be adding some of the blockers mentioned above.
2 months ago
Fun idea! Not sure how married you are to Torbrand as your commander, but Magda, Brazen Outlaw follows with the artifact matters themes, or Purphoros, Bronze-Blooded could be useful to cheat out powerful artifact silver bullets!
If you do stick with the Torbrand train, Pyrohemia can be fits to deal with, lightning bolting every creature and player at instant speed becomes a nightmare!
Trash for Treasure is a fun one as well. Since you have so much artifact recursion, Mindslaver can be a "win con" that can stall your opponents out as you mill them. Memory Jar works in a similar way, able to "mill" 7 cards while setting up your graveyard.
Could also be worth considering some wheel effects. Things like Wheel of Fortune Wheel of Misfortune Wheel of Fate Reforge the Soul Magus of the Wheel and Molten Psyche could be viewed as "mill 7" cards that also set up your own graveyard for recursion. Along that same line of thinking Howling Mine Temple Bell and Font of Mythos can be seen as additional mill effects.
Otherworld Atlas also seems like it could be really fun in your deck! Also, in any deck running the untap keys, I'd recommend giving Thran Dynamo and Gilded Lotus a try, as it can make your mana production explode!
Some food for thought! Really like the idea and direction of your deck!
2 months ago
Nice deck! It would be a little better if you add some good stuff cards for green like Overwhelming Stampede , or Pathbreaker Ibex which have the same effect, but one does it better than the other. Other cards to consider are some more ramp (even though you’re in green) like Animist's Awakening or the usual, Arcane Signet and Thran Dynamo are better than Dreamstone Hedron