Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel
Legendary Creature — Elf Warrior
Whenever a token you control leaves the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on this.
When Nadier leaves the battlefield, create a number of 1/1 green Elf Warrior creature tokens equal to its power.
Partner (You can have two commanders if both have partner.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel Discussion
1 month ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
1 month ago
I like your list, i'm builing a Lathril deck too. Here are some of my suggestions:
If you want some recursion Phyrexian Reclamation could help you to rebuild booardstate after a boardwipe or t-removal.
What about Skemfar Avenger ? He's pretty cheap (in both ways) and would grant you pretty good card-advantage. An absolutely "must have" with that many 1/1's should be Skullclamp which could draw like your entire library. Realmwalker could grant you the top card of your library as a hand card as you can cast elf-spells from top of it.
I personally am not a bit fan of Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel and Eyeblight Cullers as their cmc is too high for what they cosst. Belbe, Corrupted Observer and especcialy Glissa, the Traitor don't push your gameplan any further, too.
Hope you don't mind my wall of text :D
1 month ago
All creatures will be destroyed simultaneously. All of Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel 's abilities will trigger at the same time when this happens (its own leaves the battlefield trigger and 10 token leaving triggers), so you can put them on the stack in whatever order you like (triggers put on last will resolve first). However, the triggers to put counters on Nadier won't find Nadier because it's already in the graveyard, so it won't get any counters. When its own death trigger resolves, it will create three tokens.
For this reason, decks running these kinds of cards want free instant speed sac outlets (like Viscera Seer or Altar of Dementia ) so when a board wipe comes to town you can make sure the tokens are dead and Nadier gets its counters before the board wipe resolves.
3 months ago
This card seems pretty wild, being kind of a preemptive (and non-Disenchantable) Metamorphic Alteration. If you foretell it on one turn, it only takes one measly mana to use it in response to something on another turn. What kind of tricks can you think of using it for?
Most obviously, use spells/abilities that bring in a lot of creatures in one go so that they all enter as a copy of something strong. One awkward thing here though is that an opponent could ursurp the reflection by getting in something of their own at instant speed. -inclusive commanders I can think of that qualify are Oona, Queen of the Fae and Nevinyrral, Urborg Tyrant, plus Tana, the Bloodsower & Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel with an appropriate partner. (Note that e.g. The Locust God is AFAIK underwhelming here since its triggers are separate; you'll only get a copy out of the first token.)
Brudiclad, Telchor Engineer could use it as an inexpensive (if somewhat risky) way of getting a token copy of something that his other tokens can then copy in turn.
Kind of narrow, but you could get extra value by having creatures with on-cast triggers like Mockery of Nature come in as a copy of something with an ETB trigger, getting you both triggers at the end of the day. (You could also do something like having a creature cast from your hand come into as a copy of a Dread Cacodemon to qualify for its ETB, but you could do the same with any creature card Clone variant.)
4 months ago
4 months ago
I just want general suggestions, but I cracked a Sakashima of a Thousand Faces, Livio, Oathsworn Sentinel, Kodama of the East Tree, and most of the uncommon partners except for Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator and Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel. I am also looking for just fun partners that you people want to build, the partners that I cracked aren't a restriction for your responses. Thanks for your time!
5 months ago
A food chain deck featuring Thrasios and Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel might be good.
5 months ago
I've already taken a shot at a Dargo-Ikra deck, where Ikra is more for colors however I don't think its very great. I think that one of the most intriguing generals though is Jeska, Thrice Reborn a Dargo-Jeska deck could be interesting with jeska being a win condition in the command zone; however, it may just be a worse Godo though.
On the more casual side I think your Toggo-Kodama of the East has some wheels, with wheels. Making a more controlling deck with Field of the Dead and Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle as win conditions and winning with wheel after wheel where either creating a token or putting a land into play will put 3-4 lands into play triggering the Field or Valakut.