Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Force of Will
You may pay 1 life and exile a blue card from your hand rather than pay this spell's mana cost.
Counter target spell.
GoldPlease on DOR-15
6 days ago
Also a "Force of Will Robinson" might be a good option!
0rc on Cheapskate Talrand (Competitive, Budget $50!!)
2 weeks ago
ToxicMCTV, you’re right—-Jeweled Lotus would be great in this deck. Then we might as well throw in Mana Crypt, Force of Will, Force of Negation, and why not Timetwister :)
hejtmane on top cards of each color
3 weeks ago
Swords to Plowshares and Rule of Law Force of Will and Rhystic Study Demonic Tutor and Vampiric Tutor Underworld Breach and Dockside Extortionist Worldly Tutor and Seedborn Muse
sylvannos on Hoax Storm v2
3 weeks ago
To start with, there's a few cards that have better Vintage equivalents. Overmaster and Spell Pierce should be the 3rd. and 4th. copies of Force of Will. Leftover space from cutting those can be Red Elemental Blast, Pyroblast, or Flusterstorm. You don't need Faithless Looting because we have Paradoxical Outcome, Sensei's Divining Top, Gush, Dig Through Time, Treasure Cruise, and Brainstorm to choose from. Merchant Scroll also belongs in here, because you can use it to grab Ancestral Recall at the very least. Usually you want it to make sure you have protection in hand by grabbing countermagic.
Library of Alexandria isn't good in this deck. And you're not the type that needs 8x sources, so Steam Vents can go, along with a few copies of Volcanic Island (1 or 2). Replace all of these with four copies of Scalding Tarn and basic lands. Or even just play 6x fetches. You need to be able to shuffle after using Brainstorm, Ponder,and Sensei's Divining Top.
From here, you have a solid U/R Storm shell. However, I wouldn't play straight "Modern U/R Storm, but Power 9" dot dec. 2 mana is a lot for Goblin Electromancer, there are easier ways of winning than Grapeshot, and so on. The question then becomes "Where to go from here?"
- Paradoxical Outcome is just the nuts. By bouncing moxen and cheap artifacts, it's a ritual (since you can replay everything for , untapping it all) and it's a draw spell. However, Paradoxical Outcome requires Mox Opals, Lotus Petal, Lion's Eye Diamond, etc. so you'll have to cut rituals (likely Seething Song). The upside is you get an extremely powerful engine that can often end the game with a single Paradoxical Outcome.
- Thassa's Oracle is the new hotness for Vintage combo cards. You can win the game by casting Brain Freeze on yourself, then casting Thassa's Oracle. It also opens up more combos using Demonic Consultation and Doomsday. Sometimes you've just drawn a bunch of cards and have ~3 cards left in your deck.
- Tinker is too good in Storm not to play it. You're either getting Memory Jar, Bolas's Citadel, Time Vault (Voltaic Key is already good in Storm when combined with Mana Vault and friends), or a random wincon like Sphinx of the Steel Wind boarded in for game 2. Bolas's Citadel will essentially flip the top half of your deck into play.
- You can also play draw 7s (Wheel of Fortune, Timetwister, Memory Jar, Diminishing Returns) in combination with Narset, Parter of Veils and Hullbreacher.
- Mana Drain is good, but you may find it too slow if you make any of the above changes. It definitely does more work in a more control-oriented Storm deck with Narset, Parter of Veils, Dack Fayden, Grim Tutor, etc.
- Lastly, there's the question of Underworld Breach, Yawgmoth's Will, Monastery Mentor, or some combination of these. Underworld Breach will mean you can stay in two colors. Playing black for Yawgmoth's Will allows you to play Dark Ritual, Cabal Ritual, Yawgmoth's Bargain, Necropotence, Doomsday, Tendrils of Agony, and hardcasting Bolas's Citadel. Monastery Mentor both scales up and goes sideways. A single token is enough to kill someone combined with Paradoxical Outcome or a draw 7. Monastery Mentor is like casting Tarmogoyf and Empty the Warrens for three mana and one card.
Hope this helps! Welcome to MtG's oldest and greatest format.
fluffyeel on Yuriko, The Tiger’s Shadow
3 weeks ago
Ninjas are awesome: one of my EDH decks is a Yuriko deck that makes people "very happy". And it's a good start that you have! Some thoughts about things to add that vary in budget-friendliness:
- I like a lot of spells that you don't pay full price for, but that will hurt if Yuriko flips them. Commit / Memory, Dig Through Time, The Magic Mirror, Shadow of Mortality, and Commandeer are all, if memory serves, not so expensive price-wise and also quite powerful. (Force of Will is another classic, but I don't recommend it unless you have it because it's quite pricey!)
- Other good evasive creatures/enablers are Krydle of Baldur's Gate, Wonder, Nighthawk Scavenger, and Vampire Nighthawk. If you have one, Bitterblossom is also another great generator for nuisances.
- One of Yuriko's main tricks (or how I play her) is really being able to adjust your library on demand for maximum pain and suffering (for your opponents). Of course, Vampiric Tutor and Mystical Tutor are (expensive) classics, but Lim-Dul's Vault is a go-to I use, as is Sensei's Divining Top. For any of the instants, Isochron Scepter is great for repeatable "fun" with a lot of your stuff.
- Another option to maximize pain is any of the double-faced spell/land cards from Zendikar Rising, like Sea Gate Restoration Flip, Zof Consumption Flip, Umara Wizard Flip... not all of them are good, but they are great things to flip with Yuriko.
Necramus on Baral, Chief of No
1 month ago
Sea Gate Restoration Flip - this can double as either a land or a phat ass draw spell, depending on how you want to use it, and options are always good!
Finale of Revelation - again, can be a phat spell or a more modest one, depending on what you need. You have several ways to discount spells, though, and so you can kinda cheat your way towards the high end of this spell.
Sapphire Medallion - don't need to explain this one.
Solve the Equation - excellent tutor for this deck and a budget option to Mystical Tutor, though, I'd suggest both.
Consuming Tide and Cyclonic Rift are both mono blue pseudo wipes that you'll probably want to help keep the battle field in your favor.
Rhystic Study - don't need to explain this one.
Mystic Sanctuary and Otawara, Soaring City are both free for you to play and are better than basics when you have so many.
As for additional counterspells I'd suggest Mana Leak, Tale's End, Force of Will, and Delay.
Since you're on the discount game, I'd also suggest Bribery and Mass Manipulation too!
And one last piece of removal: Imprisoned in the Moon
Hope this helps! I like that your curve is almost down to 3. Your deck building skills are getting keener!
Arrzarrina on Roon Shenanigans
2 months ago
19/01/2023 changes: There have been a few rounds of changes. Removed counterspells to attempt to make the deck to make more fun to play against, sold the Mox Diamond because it's become worth a mint in the last 7 years, added more draw and refocused the deck on creature ETB based interaction instead of something like Oblivion Ring. It's a good card but I don't get the value that I could get out of a Fiend Hunter. You know where I'm going with this. I've also added more mana fixing to the land base and adjusted colours for the new balance.
- - 1x Akroma, Angel of Wrath
- - 1x Azorius Signet
- - 1x Detention Sphere
- - 4x Forest
- - 1x Force of Will
- - 1x Isochron Scepter
- - 1x Land Tax
- - 1x Martial Coup
- - 1x Mirrorweave
- - 1x Mox Diamond
- - 1x Oblivion Ring
- - 4x Plains
- - 1x Polymorphist's Jest
- - 1x Prototype Portal
- - 1x Pyxis of Pandemonium
- - 1x Pestermite
- - 1x Spell Crumple
- - 1x Strionic Resonator
- - 1x Treachery
- - 1x Temple of the False God
- - 1x Thran Dynamo
- - 1x Time Spiral
- - 1x Tinker
- + 1x Arcane Signet
- + 1x Adarkar Wastes
- + 1x Blue Sun's Zenith
- + 1x Barkchannel Pathway Flip
- + 1x Brokers Hideout
- + 1x Consider
- + 1x Deserted Beach
- + 1x Dreamroot Cascade
- + 1x Echoing Truth
- + 1x Evolving Wilds
- + 1x Fading Hope
- + 1x Hengegate Pathway Flip
- + 1x Joint Exploration
- + 1x Mind Stone
- + 1x Overgrown Farmland
- + 1x Preordain
- + 1x Relic of Progenitus
- + 1x Repopulate
- + 1x Stonehorn Dignitary
- + 1x Terramorphic Expanse
- + 1x Temple of Mystery
- + 1x Temple of Enlightenment
- + 1x Wilt
Tarlfgar on Liquid metal is broken
2 months ago
A casual deck with Mana Drain and Force of Will? Thats some hardcore casual play
Seeing as you dont mind $30+ cards, how about an Arcbound Ravager to utilize the infinite saheli tokens you have? Goes even better together with Walking Ballista
|Have (2)||Azdranax , gildan_bladeborn|
|Want (10)||jessenoah , xyorrk , William_Wilde , OutlandishMatt , fibion101 , idioteque , Amaterasu312 , BushDidTheBastille , MetalUpYourA , theyounghansolo|