Creature — Ogre Warrior
Menace (This creature can't be blocked except by two or more creatures.)
Whenever Brawl-Bash Ogre attacks, you may sacrifice another creature. If you do, Brawl-Bash Ogre gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Brawl-Bash Ogre Discussion
6 months ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
2 years ago
I think you should definitely have more sac outlets, you say it's a sac deck but your only outlets are Final Payment and Bankrupt in Blood . I personally would suggest Demon of Catastrophes , Brawl-Bash Ogre , Priest of Forgotten Gods or maybe Fireblade Artist . Priest especially is REALLY strong, it's a super underestimated card imo.
Really cool list! Check out my similar deck here RNA Aristocrats.
2 years ago
My idea is to make all of the above as 30 card Modern legal decks, where you take any two pieces and combine them before the game starts to make a full 60 card deck. Each 30 card deck will also have a "champion" - a mythic or rare that is the lynchpin - while the rest of the cards are commons or uncommons. For example, BR aristocrats:
This can be combined with say, RW Vehicle aggro:
1 Depala, Pilot Exemplar - the champion
4 Veteran Motorist
2 Renegade Freighter
2 Untethered Express
2 Consulate Dreadnought
1 Aeronaut Admiral
2 Speedway Fanatic
1 Caught in the Brights
2 Court Homunculus
You can easily combine the two to make a capable deck. Keep going for the other deck archetypes.
What this idea does is provide a mini-game for more experienced players and variety of gameplay, while less experienced ones get a view of deckbuilding and a form of "smash-up" that is more fun than simply picking up a ready deck. If you want to really spice it up, add some loose cards players can switch in between games - a sort of a sideboard.
For example, with 10 30-card decks, you have 90 combinations.
2 years ago
Poaralion I did run Doomed Dissenter before in this deck but I find that being able to bring back Reassembling Skeleton to feed brawl bash is better because I can reuse Brawl-Bash Ogre's ability. Then bring back the skeleton to be a body to block next turn or to sacrifice for Torgaar, Famine Incarnate, plus I can still use the skeleton if I am forced to discard a card from Risk Factor or from my opponent.
Goblin Instigator is something I considered but decided that I wouldn't get much value from it. Due it being easily wiped from Goblin Chainwhirler plus the reasons above for Dissenter. But I do plan to swap brawl-bash for Rakdos Firewheeler in future which then I will consider Instigator more.
Demon of Catastrophes is a pretty good suggestion I run 1 in the deck currently due being short of a Doom Whisperer but I would still prefer a Whisperer instead since I can somewhat sift through my deck to find answers.
2 years ago
Demon of Catastrophes could find a home here too !
2 years ago
The set Guilds of ravnica is going to be released soon :DD
And i can't wait to see what the meta game is going to become, the set looks amazing, love the all the new cards in the set
But something stirred within me when i thought about the core 19 multicolored uncommon and how "Much" synergies that there is in those cards...
Heroic Reinforcements = Gives you new mentor targets and pumps the whole team which is basically what you wanna do in a aggressive deck. See also Legion Warboss, Swiftblade Vindicator and Chance for Glory
Enigma Drake = the mechanic of the set is Jump-start which means that the spells got value after it lands in the graveyard, this gets better with for each spell in you're graveyard and there is also a "Better" version of this which also draws a card when it enters the battlefield a.k.a. Crackling Drake
Satyr Enchanter = green and white aka "Selesnya" have now in my opinion become the best enchantment pairing in standard. there is Seal Away, Ixalan's Binding, History of Benalia, Legion's Landing Flip etc in Guilds of Ravnica there was Conclave Tribunal,Dawn of Hope and the best card in my opinion from the set Divine Visitation and a common support card in the set was Sumala Woodshaper..
Poison-Tip Archer and Psychic Symbiont seems to be the least synergetic of all the "Guild" pairings but Poison-Tip Archer synergies with the guild legendary Izoni, Thousand-Eyed and sometimes Vraska, Golgari Queen.
Psychic Symbiont has no synergies with "surveil" but it's the best mechanic in my opinion because of "card selecting" etc, this was a beast in it's limited format and it did what it was supposed to do which is to help the limited formate.
As for the other uncommons in Core 19..
Brawl-Bash Ogre = Either a sacrifice based mechanic or maybe morbid is going to return, i've thought about the mechanics "Madness" or "Hellbent" before this card, but who knows i haven't thought so much about this archetype..
Skyrider Patrol = +1/+1 counters have been a staple of the simic guild, there was "Evolve" in gatecrash and "Graft" in Dissension, what if there was a mechanic which activates when a creature gets a counter or a counter enter's "the battlefield" aka triggered ability for counter's..
Aerial Engineer = in the lore for the set, the Leader of the Azorius get's killed by Vraska, Golgari Queen as seen in the card Assassin's Trophy, maybe the Azorius will go in a new directions with thopter's as surveillance aka 1/1 flying artifact creture tokens, maybe there will be a "metalcraft" mechanic in the azorius which symbolises a new direction. See also Skilled Animator and Sai, Master Thopterist because synergi if it is a artifact theme.
Draconic Disciple = maybe "Ferocious" or "Formidable" because in the card Street Riot i feel like domri is rallying his clan into "anarchy mode" then this card pumps all you're creature's attack and it gives them trample..
Regal Bloodlord = this is pretty much "lifegain payoff.creature" Soo What if the Orzhov mechanic was something with lifegain such as "If you've gained life this turn, it does this" such as Nightmare's Thirst or maybe extort makes a return... :DDD, for instance i hope there will be more cards such as Dawn of Hope cause of it's lifegain clause and there is also Resplendent Angel, Ajani's Pridemate, Ajani's Welcome and Epicure of Blood which has synergies also ;)
Maybe i'm overthinking things but i really liked the uncommons from Core 19 and my favorite of the uncommons was Regal Bloodlord.
This is only my thoughts but i think it's fun to think and theorize about sets but if you all think i'm crazy then by all mean tell me why, i can stand by this but by all means change my mind.
3 years ago
Will comment on the above in a moment but wanted to post in quickly with some new fun I had centered around using Act of Treason to steal an opponent's creature and sacrificing it to Brawl-Bash Ogre. Rest of the deck is pretty common place red aggro goblins
SCORE: 1 | 2 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
3 years ago
You might want to consider putting a Child of Alara in there. Also, since I can see that you're going for a warrior synergy thing, you might want to put some cards with Battalion in there (ex. Boros Elite. Also, here's a couple cards I dug up; Rushblade Commander, Heroic Reinforcements, and Brawl-Bash Ogre