Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Regna, the Redeemer
Legendary Creature — Angel
Partner with Krav, the Unredeemed (When this creature enters the battlefield, target player may put Krav into their hand from their library, then shuffle.)
At the beginning of each end step, if your team gained life this turn, create two 1/1 white Warrior creature tokens.
1 year ago
I always loved Trelissara's design. Sadly, my lifegain deck is Esper, so she didn't really fit! I don't know if this helps at all, but I think of my deck in terms of lifegain enablers (our Soul Warden and friends that gain us life) and payoffs (things that benefit us when we gain life, like Trudge Garden).
I would pay special attention to one thing with life gain payoffs: a lot of the cards care about one of 2 things...either 'instance of life gain' (the ones worded 'whenever'...they do not care how much life you gain, just if you do or not), and the ones that care about quantity (the ones worded 'if you gained X or more life).
You're going to want to sculpt your life gain enablers in the deck around what of those you have, and how much life gain they want you to have in a turn, to make sure they can hit your X.
I would consider that a little more next time you play, pay attention to what cards want what effects.
For example, my deck is built entirely around the 'instance of life gain effects', so I seldom need to worry about how much I gain.
That said, some weak spots I noticed: Benevolent Bodyguard, Ilysian Caryatid, Soulmender, From Beyond, Indomitable Might, Hedgewitch's Mask. These are excellent places to start with upgrades! They're not bad on their own, but we can do better!
Note on Aetherflux Reservoir: There are some playgroups that playing this will just get you ganged up on. I always caution people about that. If that's fine with you, it's a strong card. I didn't find it could gain enough life to make it worth it in my deck.
Some possible (not too expensive) upgrades that I enjoy:
Good in an 'instance of life gain' deck: Linden, the Steadfast Queen, Sunscorch Regent, Suture Priest, Gideon's Company, Twinblade Paladin, Omen of the Sun, Ajani's Pridemate, Oketra's Monument, Regna, the Redeemer
1 year ago
Knight of the Depths
Creature - Human Knight
: Add or . If this mana is spent on an instant, sorcery, or spell from your graveyard, surveil 1.
"I have bested Indrelon, and I have been pledged to Ayara. I will stop at nothing!"
1 year ago
Here are some enchantments you can throw in that fit in with the theme of this deck perfectly. If you're attacking with little weenies with your commander out you are essentially trading 1/1's for more 1/1's, 2/2's, 3/3's or 4/4's with flying.
Angelic Accord: Note this happens at EACH end step. So if you can gain 4 life either by blocking with a lifelink creature with 4 power or gain 4 life on your opponent's turn you spit out another 4/4 angel.
The Book of Exalted Deeds: 3/3 angels? Weird but hey, free angels! Also gives an effect that prevents you from losing and your opponents from winning.
Griffin Aerie: Gain 3 life on your turn, win a free 2/2 griffin with flying
Valkyrie Harbinger: Again this is at EACH end step. 6 CMC though but creates 4/4 angels.
Regna, the Redeemer: Also EACH end step but is for ANY lifegain. Spits out 2 1/1's but is also 6 CMC
Resplendent Angel: for a $21 angel if you gain 5 life at EACH end step you will get a 4/4 angel. Aggressively costed at a low 3 CMC.
1 year ago
Might mess with your mana curve a little but Regna, the Redeemer and Krav, the Unredeemed are really fun in an aristocrats deck. They're also great if you're at a table where you can work politics and can add a little redundancy if you to jury-rig a combo with stuff like Epicure of Blood or Vito with Triskaidekaphobia.
1 year ago
2 years ago
Upvoted for the name alone!
2 years ago
You're welcome. I have some more ideas for you:
Krav, the Unredeemed and Regna, the Redeemer might sctually be a great commander pair for the list. They do a lot you want to do: Draw cards, gain life, sacrifice creatures, create tokens. Also, Beacon of Immortality would be great with mastery. Finally: Angel's Grace can really safe you day.
2 years ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.