Creature — Human Shaman
When Eternal Witness enters the battlefield, you may return target card from your graveyard to your hand.
|Have (5)||, Forkbeard , metalmagic , NineNotesKnives , Qweksand|
|Want (7)||Plaxcaster55 , effin530 , orkanik , saltyseabastard , David_Nevins , MDSW9 , SamppaSjalv|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Uncommon|
|Secret Lair (SLD)||Rare|
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Uncommon|
|Ultimate Masters Promo (UMAP)||Mythic Rare|
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||None|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Izzet vs. Golgari (DDJ)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|Fifth Dawn (5DN)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Eternal Witness + Peel from Reality
- Eternal Witness + Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
- Eternal Witness + Nature's Spiral + Snapcaster Mage
- Cryptic Command + Eternal Witness
- Brought Back + Eternal Witness + Lion's Eye Diamond
- Eternal Witness + Thassa's Oracle
- Braingeyser + Deadeye Navigator + Eternal Witness
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Eternal Witness Discussion
3 days ago
Is there any creatures you are specific "I will not take these out"? I have a few suggestions mainly about the ramp and how to make it more consistent/efficient.
You don't need gen wave and put in play cards. For example...
replace Nissa, Worldwaker with Nissa, Who Shakes the World because she pumps your forests, untaps lands, and allows you to thin your deck if -8. Vernal Bloom also if you feel like taking advantage, but you do have vorinclex.
Eternal Witness at least one
Instead of Green Sun's Zenith I would go Genesis Hydra it allows you to dig for permanents mm like Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip (witch will also let you get a creature when it enters) rather than just a creature, and gives you a blocker / attacker
If you want to have a possible turn 3 add in Devoted Druid & Vizier of Remedies and to help cast it utopia sprawl and the card you wanted to add Sylvan Caryatid. That's if you want to add white. I'm a Mono Green player to but this is good.
Last suggestion would be if you went Hydras like someone said Unbound Flourishing, I play Hydras and they are better than most people think.
Hey check out my deck Gruul Hydras
If you want genesis wave to be optimal going all out on getting it pumped up is the way to go. There is an old school Gen wave deck that was pretty good i would refer to it for extra tid bits.
5 days ago
Meanwhile, some cards that catalyze combat for you: Breath of Fury, Combat Celebrant, Dolmen Gate, Fury of the Horde (Gallia approved), Hellkite Charger, Invasion Plans, Legion Warboss, and Moraug, Fury of Akoum.
I'm not going to look up all of these last ones, but find some ways to close the loop with your graveyard, either using creatures like Eternal Witness that you can swing with to draw more cards, or guys like Feldon of the Third Path that can make great early-game use out of big beaters you discard turn 4.
5 days ago
rkjunior you’re running Roiling Gruul-Aid man (Omnath, Locus of the Roil) in your deck it seems from that picture! Is he working well in terms of mid-to-late game draw power for you? Also have you had any games where you’ve found that you could really use an Eternal Witness, Regrowth,Seasons Past, etc.?
1 week ago
Sanctum of Ugin - Tutor
Eternal Witness > Nature's spiral
Field of the Dead - Who doesn't love zombies flooding the field just by playing lands?
Fabled Passage > Evolving Wilds
Prismatic Vista > Terramorphic expanse
Yavimaya Hollow - Protection
Zendikar Resurgent > Foresaken Monument - Costs 2 more but works for all your lands. Provides inherent card draw which the deck needs.
Hedron Archive > Dreamstone hedron, you want ramp that comes down earlier than T6. I understand you are playing Azusa so it can be faster, but it's a very expensive mana rock.
Nylea's Intervention - Find tron or whatever utility land you need
Cavern of Souls - Meta dependent
I would cut some of the less impactful cards and add in some more card draw and you should be good to go.
1 week ago
Thank you for the suggestion! I’ll definitely try out Eternal Witness and see how it does.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Update 2nd of October:
2.Ramunap Excavator I actually think that being able to play a fetchland every turn from your graveyard, and therefore giving you the theoretical second land in addition to thinning your deck is more valuable than playing another possible land with Wayward Swordtooth, therefore: Switcheroo!
3 weeks ago
- Sylvan Library: after reading and rereading Valakut Exploration again and again I am just solidly convinced that in this deck that Valakut Exploration is just better in every way except cost and fixing for mana to play it in early game.
- Avenger of Zendikar: After much thought I just think Scute Swarm just plays a lot better due to it's lower CMC and greater value over time.
- Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip: As a value engine it's underwhelming. It plays to the theme but you're only really upticking Nissa for the +1 on a vulnerable body (planeswalkers usually don't last very long in any multiplayer game).
- Valakut Exploration: Just a better Sylvan Library in this deck, I completely misread this at first thinking that the ability to play was tied to the enchantment being on the battlefield but even if this gets removed you can still play things exiled with it. All around a good card (also sweet art).
- Scute Swarm: The ability to effectively double its number with every landfall is a very enticing prospect. Less explosive than Avenger of Zendikar and you will have to time landfalls to get around summoning sickness (also sweet art).
- Bala Ged Recovery Flip: Graveyard recursion/land, I really want to give this a try as second Eternal Witness that also doubles as a land, not fetchable and can't be tutored with Traverse the Ulvenwald so I don't expect a massive performance bump, but redundancy of such a key effect is always welcome.
- Ancient Tomb: Early game mana, you don't take damage while a Glacial Chasm is out, all in all just a way to get going.
Umming and Erring
- Valakut Awakening Flip: Instant speed hand refresh. Would be much better as a discard effect. Not sure if this is worth it or what it would replace.
- Cragcrown Pathway Flip: When I looked over the land base I just think that since these cards don't have a basic land type, that they're not that good. They're not fetchable and don't add anything new to the deck.
- Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle: I've wanted to add this back into the deck since Dryad of the Ilysian Grove was printed. It adds the ability to bolt and could be an effective utility land, however there's the issue of figuring out which utility land would be cut to fit it in.