|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Rare|
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Rare|
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Rare|
|Archenemy: Nicol Bolas (E01)||Mythic Rare|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Mythic Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Mythic Rare|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Mythic Rare|
|Zendikar (ZEN)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Beast
Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may create a 4/4 green Beast creature token.
|Have (5)||Forkbeard , pskinn01 , TheRealSpecialK , metljoe , lapbunny|
|Want (7)||Loxeley , Leviathan102 , MALK , smbbrnk , RumplesForeSkin , AfonsoVaz , mrredspy037|
Rampaging Baloths Discussion
16 hours ago
This is a somewhat strange request. The interaction between Dakmor Salvage and The Gitrog Monster is extremely strong, and very cheap monetarily. You should consider running a couple dredge cards for value anyways, as hitting 2-3 extra draws off a dredge is an easy and once again cheap monetarily way to get ahead in card advantage.
To humor you though, here's what I'd probably run.
- The full suite of 1 drop mana dorks Arbor Elf Llanowar Elves Fyndhorn Elves Birds of Paradise etc. etc. and some big dorks like Priest of Titania
- Cards that let me put extra lands into play for more landfall triggers Sakura-Tribe Scout Skyshroud Ranger Azusa, Lost but Seeking Explore Exploration Burgeoning maybe even Walking Atlas
- Cards that let me turn lands into effects or otherwise graveyard the lands Sylvan Safekeeper Constant Mists Crop Rotation Elvish Reclaimer Edge of Autumn Lotus Field Forbidden Ritual Reprocess Harrow
- Cards that love lands entering battlefield or graveyard Terravore Titania, Protector of Argoth Avenger of Zendikar Rampaging Baloths Undergrowth Champion Lotus Cobra
- Symmetrical black land hate cards that I can break parity on with Gitrog draws and recursion Smallpox Pox Death Cloud Desolation
- Recursion effects for all these land sacs Life from the Loam Groundskeeper Crucible of Worlds Ramunap Excavator
- Cards that go with my board hate subtheme here Torment of Hailfire Oppression Necrogen Mists Bottomless Pit Bane of Progress Back to Nature Black Sun's Zenith Damnation Root Maze Caustic Caterpillar
- Finishers if you don't want to combo, like Beastmaster Ascension Genesis Wave Craterhoof Behemoth Overrun Overwhelming Stampede
And from there, round it out with some efficient early game beaters, some spot removal, land ramp, and a bit of card draw.
BGlad on Land Drops
3 days ago
Again, thanks RNR_Gaming for the comment. You guys are very helpful, and I’m very thankful. Oracle of Mul Daya and Exploration are too far out of the budget, I’ve gotten most of these cards over the past 2 months and I’ll probably wait to buy another high costing card. I think I can do better things for 6 mana and so I wouldn’t like to play Rampaging Baloths , and I have the same reasoning for Zendikar's Roil . I don’t know about Crop Rotation , due to the fact that I have been happy with Elvish Reclaimer ’s play. I’m definitely think about Burgeoning because it is well worth the tempo play and is pretty inexpensive for the power it packs, but I think I’ll wait to see if I need more mana acceleration.
On a side note, do any of the commenters believe Zoetic Cavern is a good investment due to the fact it can be played as a second land (somewhat)?
4 days ago
Oh how I love lands. If you're not on a budget consider these
1) Oracle of Mul Daya - additional land drops and sudo-card draw and it's an elf
2) Exploration - being able to play more lands a turn is where you want to be.
3) Burgeoning - probably 1 of the best turn 1 plays in a land centric deck and it's a good way to get ahead of the pack
If you are on a budget
1) Rampaging Baloths - you'll probably be able to make a couple 4/4s a turn with this bad boy and your commander
2) Crop Rotation - very good for finding tech lands or just fixing your mana
3 weeks ago
We gave your request a lot of thought. Our main objective was to keep the spirit of the deck the same. So we decided to try and find replacements for the more expensive cards while keeping the original thought of the replaced cards alive. Naturally this would mean we would end up with cards that are either slightly less effective at what the expensive cards do, or they have a higher CMC, or both.
Almost all replacements we have chosen cost below 1 dollar. Some of the replaced cards are cards we do not own, so we decided not to post a new deck as we only do so when we own all the cards in it. So, here is a list of the replacements we would make in order to turn this into a less expensive deck:
- Forest for all the non-basic lands
- Hermit of the Natterknolls Flip for Beast Whisperer
- Ivy Lane Denizen for Bloodspore Thrinax
- End-Raze Forerunners for Craterhoof Behemoth
- Wirewood Channeler for Elvish Archdruid
- Skullwinder for Eternal Witness
- Rushwood Herbalist for Ezuri, Renegade Leader
- Evolutionary Leap for Fauna Shaman
- Elfhame Druid for Fyndhorn Elves
- Deadly Recluse for Hornet Queen
- Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen for Joraga Warcaller
- Ant Queen for Mycoloth
- Nullmage Advocate for Nullmage Shepherd
- Centaur Rootcaster for Oracle of Mul Daya
- Thunderfoot Baloth for Pathbreaker Ibex
- Mul Daya Channelers for Priest of Titania
- Initiate's Companion for Quirion Ranger
- Runic Armasaur for Regal Force
- Yavimaya Elder for Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Llanowar Scout for Sakura-Tribe Scout
- Deathgorge Scavenger for Scavenging Ooze
- Fyndhorn Brownie for Scryb Ranger
- Rampaging Baloths for Seedborn Muse (we know, not quite the same functions)
- Archetype of Endurance for Asceticism
- Overrun for Beastmaster Ascension
- Abundance for Burgeoning / Exploration
- Beast Within for Song of the Dryads
- Nature's Claim for Krosan Grip
- Vitalize for Benefactor's Draught
- Shared Summons for Green Sun's Zenith / Genesis Wave
- Mask of Avacyn for Lightning Greaves / Swiftfoot Boots
- Sol Ring for Worn Powerstone
We were not able to find suitable replacements (i.e.: cards that would do the same thing but be slightly less effective at it) for the following cards:
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
- Concordant Crossroads
- Mirri's Guile
- Quest for Renewal
- Heroic Intervention
- Worldly Tutor
- Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Sensei's Divining Top
- Umbral Mantle
So if you have any suggestions for these, please let us know. For now, we hope we helped you a bit to make a cheaper version of our deck. Have fun brewing it!
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
1 month ago
Since you have a ton of lands, why not run landfall engines?
Azusa's a Frenchie approves.
1 month ago
Dryad Arbor : This land feels bad when you have it in your opener, but you can get it off Green Sun's Zenith for X = 0. This is a pretty good turn one play, especially with a flipped Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip.
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben : Hatebears are the best way to win in GW, outside combo. Running something like Thalia lets you slow down your opponents; with the mana-advantage from your dorks/general, you're likely to be able to play through it better than your opponents.
Fetches: These are better than Selesnya Guildgate , mainly because they allow you to double-trigger your landfall guys, like Rampaging Baloths and they enable duals, like your Temple Garden or (if you have access to it) Savannah . I like that you're running Windswept Heath ; consider off-colors, like Flooded Strand or Misty Rainforest . If these are too difficult to get ahold of, slow-fetches like Grasslands and Flood Plain are also good. Prismatic Vista , too.
Nature's Revolt / Living Lands : Living Lands is better (as it's four mana), but Nature's Revolt is $200 cheaper... Paired with Linvala, Keeper of Silence , these two produce a hard lock on your opponents. Additionally, paired with Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite , this effect produces instant fun.
Selfless Spirit : This is a good way to avoid a boardwipe wiping you out of the game.
Cataclysm : This is a boardwipe like no other. I suggest running it in any white deck, as it deals with a clogged board real fast. Note that it makes everyone sac all their planeswalkers, as that card-type was not instituted when Cataclysm was printed.
1 month ago
The core of it is a mix of Courser of Kruphix / Oracle of Mul Daya to let you play lands from on top of your library, then Brainstorm with Jace/Augur to put lands on top of your library (which you can then play) and keep useful cards. After ramping a bunch and drawing cards, you win with big Landfall creatures like Avenger of Zendikar , Embodiment of Insight , or Rampaging Baloths (which is pretty cool imo).
Oracle of Mul Daya is really expensive, so you might want to go all 4 Courser of Kruphix and play some Wayward Swordtooth or Llanowar Scout or something instead; if your friend only plays casually that would probably work okay. Or just make proxies.
2 months ago
Here's my take on the deck for those who are interested. Yarok's Toolbox
Rampaging Baloths occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.06%
BRG (Jund): 1.22%