Birds of Paradise
Creature — Bird
: Gain one mana of any colour.
|Have (2)||jecder ,|
|Want (13)||xxxxxxxxxZombiexxxxxxxxx , Kotaff , ivaggione , Impedocles , Roi , PhynX , UnknownSlink , Chubbub , DJGam-G , metalmagic , Zuchen , kickinitwithschlomo , TrashPanda69|
Combos Browse all
- Birds of Paradise + Doran, the Siege Tower + Mardu Ascendancy
- Birds of Paradise + Jeskai Ascendancy
- Birds of Paradise + Expedite + Jeskai Ascendancy
- Birds of Paradise + Freed from the Real + Leyline of Abundance
- Birds of Paradise + Mesmeric Orb + Pemmin's Aura
- Birds of Paradise + Experiment Kraj + Horseshoe Crab
- Birds of Paradise + Darksteel Axe
- Birds of Paradise + Orzhov Guildmage
- Birds of Paradise + Elvish Mystic + Intruder Alarm
- Birds of Paradise + Intruder Alarm + Shrieking Drake
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Birds of Paradise occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Birds of Paradise Discussion
2 days ago
I have found that Kadena is better than I expected her to be and have won quite a few games with her, not cEDH but still pretty good.
I have found that Guardian Project and Soul of the Harvest work really well since drawing two cards off of your free morphs is better than one. I also lean heavy into control with Arcane Denial, Counterspell and Assassin's Trophy since many of her morphs are already pretty controlling and you want to buy some time while you develop your board.
Maybe think about adding in the Talismans and Birds of Paradise to make sure that you can cast Kadena on turn 3.
Overall, your deck looks pretty good as is!
4 days ago
God Tribal, I'd totally take the Golos-Tree path. I REALLY recommend using Chromatic Lantern to help activate Tree(in most other cases I find it pretty meh, but it's great here).
My recommended Golos plan is:
Rituals, such as Dark Ritual, Simian Spirit Guide, and Rite of Flame are good for running out Golos. Seething Song is amazing here, as it reads '3-mana golos'. Jeweled Lotus is great if you have the cash.
At this point, you're probably at an impressive 30-40 ramp spells.
You'd then include a variety of Gods. I'd recommend a package something like this:
Alternatively, you can use Purphoros, Bronze-Blooded to give all your Gods haste and kill people with hastey slaps.
1 week ago
1 week ago
I like it a lot! I'd consider looking into a Stoneforge Mystic package and Mirran Crusader over Knight of Glory in the sideboard since your deck wants to attack with one giant creature, but at that point I think I'm just suggesting ways to turn this into a GW goodstuff deck, which I don't think is what you want to do. Maybe cut a couple of 4 drops for some more 2 drops or Birds of Paradise to help with your curve (You run the risk of not doing anything for the first 2 turns of the game, which is a little too slow for modern), but other than that it looks great.
2 weeks ago
So, let's have a look at the type of things you may want.
Lands: So, I can't afford OG duals really, but have found that shocks and fetches, coupled with the battlebond lands have kind of served me well. Fetches can get pricey, but you by no mean need them all. Having 5 or 6 fetches, all the shock lands (10 to 15 bucks each) and then filling it out with something like the battlebond lands can really sort you out. Cavern of Souls is always good, and can see you have one. Basically, lands coming into play untapped are much better. Quicker access to all that slivery goodness. Personally I would look to change those 3 colour tap lands and things like Rupture Spire piece at a time.
Ramp: So, as we are running 5 colour, we want to ramp and rock efficiently to get our board set ASAP. Chromatic Lantern is good, but I would replace the Pillar of Origins with an Arcane Signet. Its just better and less restrictive. For spells, Farseek, Nature's Lore, Three Visits and Skyshroud Claim all enable you to get land type lands. This will let you get your Breeding Pool or Godless Shrine as it has that land type. This is why shock lands (and to a lesser extent triomes) are so much better. You can even get these with the fetchlands too. Luckily, we also have Gemhide Sliver and Manaweft Sliver to turn all our slivers into our own Birds of Paradise
Slivers: So this is a big list here lol. I'm not going to try and write them all lol. I will say that I would cut several of the ones you have though. I would drop Virulent Sliver and replace with a Triumph of the Hordes. Combat tricks are good. Most of the Megantic Sliver effects I would drop I'm favour of things like Door of Destinies. Crystalline Sliver is great to protect your board a bit. Diffusion Sliver I can't see being relevant in a game of edh, and would rather take interaction like Counterspell etc. I think pairing back the creatures to the key ones is really important. Will free up space for stuff like card draw and interaction. Shifting Sliver is basically unblockable. Defo a good one. Necrotic Sliver means each sliver becomes a Vindicate at the cost of 2 and a sacrifice. Synapse Sliver is good to keep your hand full.
Other cards of note:
So just some good cards to consider.
Swords to Plowshares, Path to Exile, Kindred Discovery card draw is important, The Great Henge your commander makes this cost , Phyrexian Arena again, card draw. Wrath of God, Blasphemous Act or other destroy boardwipes. If your stuff is indestructible, all good. Yawgmoth's Will pricey, but such a good answer if you are boardwiped etc. Patriarch's Bidding you are likely to pay off better than most.
I think that's all I got for now. Please look at other decks with slivers as well to get a good idea of the stuff out there. Hope this is a good start of things to look at
2 weeks ago
Hey there! I have a few suggestions you might just like!
- Fauna Shaman: It's a shaman, it's a great tutor, and it's cheap in mana. Seems like it would fit in great!
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx: Fits in great with any mono-colored deck!
- Strip Mine: Great in any deck, especially in mono-colored ones where you almost always have the colors you need available anyway
- Ancient Tomb: Could easily be that two mana in your commander's mana cost, and is great EDH staple.
- Lignify, Song of the Dryads, Kenrith's Transformation: A great form of creature hate in mono-green. This can be horrible on someone's commander especially if they have no means of removing it. The same goes for a combo piece or just any great creature.
- Heroic Intervention: A great way of protecting your pieces, since it would seriously suck if all the shamans got wiped out
- Collective Unconscious: Another form of shamanic revelation, both of which are reasons to include Reliquary Tower
- Triumph of the Hordes: Could be an entire other wincon if you have a bunch of shamans out
- Wild Growth/Utopia Sprawl: Great ways to ramp in small amounts before you put your commander out
- Sol Ring: It's not a shaman, but still one of the most powerful cards in edh. Definitely add it.
- Three Visits/Nature's Lore: Just like the previous two, these are great ways to ramp before you put out shamans, speeding up your game by a ton
- Jeweled Lotus: I hate that they made this card, but it could basically let you play your commander turn 1. Definitely add it if you have the budget.
- Extraplanar Lens: Kill a forest, and double THEM ALL. You have a lot of basic forests, and I think this card could work very well for you because of that.
- Nissa, Who Shakes the World: This one is much more debatable, but the regular ability is great for ramping and the final ability is just wonderful for you because of all of the forests you have.
- Helix Pinnacle: You have so much ramp and Nissa as previously mentioned would be insane. This guy could be a great win con and act as something to pool all your mana into.
- Nyxbloom Ancient: All your shamans tap for 6?!?!?! Seems great- especially since you can ramp to put it out and fit with the decks theme.
- Caged Sun: Great in a mono-colored deck, buffs all the shamans, and gives you more mana. Could be a great option if you like these sort of doubling and tripling cards.
- Wolf-Skull Shaman: You run a LOT of shamans, and this guy lets you take that fact and benefit it, giving you a ton of tokens over time.
- Birds of Paradise: A great way of building the ramp base from early on, and works as a great blocker if you need to block something big over time since it has flying.
- Burgeoning/Exploration: If you keep the amount of lands you have at the moment, using these guys could make you go crazy and have a bunch of lands. In a four player game, Burgeoning could give you 5 mana turn 2.
- Arcane Signet: Another great way of supporting the mana base early on
I'm afraid that's all I have, just keep in mind, I recommended a lot of stuff that helps you PRE shaman ramp, and if you include too much of that you start drifting away from the shaman theme- don't do that. However just including a few of the better ones might help a ton. And so, good luck on your deck my friend it seems super cool, consider checking out some of my decks, hope this helps, and have a wonderful day. Happy tapping!
2 weeks ago
I love tribal decks and you seem to have a solid base for your elves here but there are a few recommendations I have that may prove helpful.
Your commander will be a VERY high target so I would run some protective measures to keep him around like Yavimaya Hollow and Asceticism as it adds some regeneration protection to your commander although some of the options are pricey.
Removal is always useful and a good option is Song of the Dryads being a cheaper option then Desert Twister that as a plus empowers Elvish Champion, forestwalk... no one ever seems to notice that or care about it until your elves get +6/+6.
I personally love Nissa Revane and Nissa's Chosen for the life gain effects and blocker alone, the ultimate is just a bonus. Another fun choice is Immaculate Magistrate, this card is great for making players hesitant to block or attack you and will often eat a removal spell that would have been better aimed at your commander. Funny uses include politicking with this card since the target does not have to be YOUR creatures, you have not lived untill you have seen a 10/11 Birds of Paradise terrorizing the enemy.
Bring doom to your foes by empowering your commander or unblocked attackers with elves like Wirewood Channeler, or any others that can add more then three mana, paired with Umbral Mantle or Sword of the Paruns. One thing worth mentioning is that Umbral Mantle is almost a backup commander empowering mana producers before the attack, most people unfamiliar with the card wont see this coming.
2 weeks ago
I personally recommend Marwyn, the Nurturer as the commander for Elves due to the fact it's a worse Archdruid in the command zone. Freyalise is definitely a bomb of epic proportions, but at 5 cmc I personally wouldn't use it as the commander.
Llanowar Tribe is also a great spell.
That's a great starting point. There are some more things I'd recommend, but I'll have to come back later.