Combos Browse all Suggest
- Birds of Paradise + Doran, the Siege Tower + Mardu Ascendancy
- Birds of Paradise + Jeskai Ascendancy
- Birds of Paradise + Expedite + Jeskai Ascendancy
- Birds of Paradise + Freed from the Real + Leyline of Abundance
- Birds of Paradise + Mesmeric Orb + Pemmin's Aura
- Birds of Paradise + Experiment Kraj + Horseshoe Crab
- Birds of Paradise + Darksteel Axe
- Birds of Paradise + Orzhov Guildmage
- Birds of Paradise + Elvish Mystic + Intruder Alarm
- Birds of Paradise + Intruder Alarm + Shrieking Drake
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Birds of Paradise
Creature — Bird
: Add one mana of any colour.
SufferFromEDHD on Henzie and the big creatures
5 days ago
Archon of Cruelty > Atarka, World Render
Kokusho, the Evening Star > Ancient Brass Dragon
Clone Shell > Chandra's Ignition
Birds of Paradise > Elves of Deep Shadow
Greenwarden of Murasa > Bala Ged Recovery
Myth Unbound > Midnight Reaper
Goblin Bombardment > Ghoulcaller Gisa
Fatal Grudge > Daemogoth Woe-Eater
Kolaghan's Command > Fire Covenant
enpc on Slivers Commander Primer (looking for help)
1 month ago
There area few things that stand out for the deck.
The first is that you don't have much low ot the ground ramp. I get that you're running a sliver deck, however with the addition of cards like Birds of Paradise, Noble Hierarch and Ignoble Hierarch it helps to get some early game (and flexible for a 5 colour deck) mana down. Your land base isn't terrible, but I would look at adding a few more shocks if you can (focus on the X/G ones, so in this case Temple Garden) and potentially one or two of the tri-colour fetchable lands. Then adding Three Visits means even more value can be had.
Another thing that stands out is that you don't have a lof card draw. Your commander gives slivers cascade sure, but since a lot of the rest of the deck is control you don't typically want to cascade into removal that you may want to hold up, or especially counterspells. I would look tor try adding a bit more raw card advantage and especially pieces that let you get waht you need (i.e. a few more tutors). I would also recommend Green Sun's Zenith - you have a lot of powerful slivers that it can get, but it can also get gemhide/manaweft sliver so this helps with your ramp consistency.
Lastly, your control suite is quite high costed. For only having 4 counters, Cryptic Command is a very blue heavy card and would potentially server better as something cheaper. Stuff like Anguished Unmaking is also generally going to be better than Mortify, but I would also look at Swords to Plowshares and then removal like Nature's Claim, or even Return to Nature. They're slightly less catch-all, but 2 cmc removal is much more playable than 3 cmc removal.
eliakimras on miirym , need recommendations
1 month ago
Hello! I saw your deck help tag and wanted to give some insight.
I don't run Miirym as commander, but I do have her in the 99 in Smashing Faces with the Ur-Dragon, and she always pushes me to victory whenever she's allowed to stick on the battlefield.
Some areas you might want to change to improve your consistency:
1 - Ramp
- Farseek and Fellwar Stone are great for fixing for multiple colors of mana. You might take out Birds of Paradise (dies so easily), Sakura-Tribe Elder (fixes for only one color) and Sword of Once and Future (no synergy with dragons) for them.
- Skyshroud Claim is great for the same reasons above. Frontier Siege never impressed me in a multicolor deck, because I often need colors outside of .
- If you run the suggestions above, you probably need more fetchable dual lands: Ketria Triome, Breeding Pool, Steam Vents, Stomping Ground, Sheltered Thicket, Wooded Ridgeline.
- If you run Into the North, you can also use Highland Forest, Rimewood Falls, Volatile Fjord and some snow basics (Snow-Covered Forest, Snow-Covered Island, Snow-Covered Mountain) to fetch.
2 - Draw/Haste
- It is tough to cast Tribute to the World Tree in a 3-color deck without Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth or Chromatic Lantern on the battlefield. Maybe you want Temur Ascendancy instead.
3 - Removal/Boardwipes
- Chain Reaction cleans your own dragons. Curse of the Swine should get rid of your opponents' most problematic creatures. If you face a lot of token decks, Surtland Frostpyre is a boardwipe on a land that leaves most of your dragons alive.
- Green Sun's Twilight could be Chaos Warp as a second Beast Within.
4 - Protection
- In my dragons deck, I often want protection and haste for more than one creature. Swiftfoot Boots got swapped out for Asceticism.
- Slip Out the Back could instead be Heroic Intervention (it has good synergy with Blasphemous Act).
- If you don't want to be attacked, Propaganda might deter more attackers than Fog.
- Can you cast Counterspell and Bane's Contingency reliably? Swan Song or Arcane Denial might be easier to cast considering your manabase.
5 - Card draw
- Rishkar's Expertise, Garruk, Primal Hunter and Return of the Wildspeaker are the cream of the crop of green card draw. You might want to remove Blur, Essence Flux and Ghostly Flicker for them. (Instead of running flicker effects to save your creatures, it might be better to just run more threats in case they are dealt with - and card draw helps with that.)
6 - Better threats
- Dragon Broodmother creates tokens at a much faster pace than Dragonmaster Outcast.
- Korlessa, Scale Singer never impressed me. Knollspine Dragon is way better at drawing cards.
- Overwhelming Stampede wins games harder than Thundermaw Hellkite.
- I would take out Flameblast Dragon for Utvara Hellkite.
7 - Some utility lands you might want to run
- Exotic Orchard, Unclaimed Territory and Secluded Courtyard fix your colors.
- Haven of the Spirit Dragon fixes your colors and bring Dragons back from the dead.
- Littjara Mirrorlake clones one of your Dragons.
- Blighted Woodland and Myriad Landscape ramp you into Miirym.
MilesHiles on Ur-Dragon's Multiverse Onslaught | *PRIMER*
1 month ago
Deck looks sweet! A couple of wonky things I noticed though:
1) Sivitri, Dragon Master is cool flavor wise, but I have a hard time understanding why she's there when you'd seemingly only use her for her -3 ability. In which case, cards like Eladamri's Call seem way more efficient for you in both mana and situationally.
2) I see none of the cost reduction gobos! Dragonlord's Servant and Dragonspeaker Shaman are crazy useful for early and late game plays. Being able to stack your commander's eminence reduction on top of base mana reduction makes playing everything else in your deck much faster. (Special mention to Rivaz of the Claw for his mana and turbo recursion)
3) What does Sarkhan, Fireblood do for you in most games? It seems like his main practicality is mana with a side gig on looting. I think having a 2 drop mana rock, like Arcane Signet or a mana dork, like Birds of Paradise, in his place might be more efficient for you in the long run, as you can always play them on tempo. Hitting turn 3 double red isn't unheard of, but it's certainly more difficult in a WUBRG deck with almost no rocks.
And lastly, 4) This deck deserves a Counterspell or two!! At least something like Angel's Grace to smack down infinites because as is, you've only got Teferi's Protection and no way to save yourself once it's gone. Ideally, you wouldn't need both but sometimes throwing away your Protection on a board wipe leaves you open to getting swept in the next turn rotation. Either way, I love the theme and style of the deck! Happy
Kaweiwu on Eldrazi Bitches
2 months ago
Quicksilver Amulet, Elvish Piper, Monster Manual, Sol Ring, Lurking Predators, Sneak Attack etc come to mind. Also, i'd add 8-9 lands. 37-38 seems appropriate for this deck. If they don't lack flavour the usual supects like Birds of Paradise, maybe Exploration or the other one. Mayael the Anima
ColFrogfoot on Combo Gak
2 months ago
Trapdoorspyder Well if I really need black mana there are already cards like Birds of Paradise Elves of Deep Shadow or Skull Prophet that I can use with Ooze's ability. But yeah Channeler Initiate may be good to have another combo piece besides Quillspike
SaberTech on An Open Palm Counter-Strike
2 months ago
I dunno, the ramp options don't seem that bad. There are 14 potential ways to ramp in the deck, 9 of them are 2 CMC or less. Dockside Extortionist and Jeska's Will fill that explosive ramp role.
I include Green Sun's Zenith as cheap ramp because X=0 gets Dryad Arbor and X=1 gets Birds of Paradise.
jarncards on hasteland
3 months ago
For global haste you can use Fires of Yavimaya, Concordant Crossroads, Mass Hysteria, and Urabrask the Hidden who will also conveniently turn off other people's haste. Anger and Barbarian Class also give haste after more effort.
Ant Queen, Artifact Mutation, Battle Hymn, Circle of Dreams Druid, Dragon Broodmother, Pest Infestation, Scute Swarm, Tempt with Vengeance, Sylvan Offering, Termagant Swarm are all useful if you can give haste to all of them.
Birds of Paradise is just the best mana dork.
You have green, so you might as well use the standard ramp package with Cultivate , Kodama's Reach, Explore , Farseek, , Rampant Growth, Three Visits and Nature's Lore. Probably ignore most mana rocks, because people are going to want to vandalblast you just because of the treasures.
Relentless Assault, Scourge of the Throne, Combat Celebrant, Hexplate Wallbreaker, World at War grant extra combats, with Hellkite Charger and Aggravated Assault potentially going infinite.
Vandalblast goes in every red deck. Even though youll have a ton of treasures i'd still run Brotherhood's End too
For draw spells consider Scroll Rack, Garruk's Uprising, Elemental Bond, Soul's Majesty, Furious Rise, Rishkar's Expertise, Beast Whisperer, Shamanic Revelation, Disciple of Bolas, Pact of the Serpent, Painful Truths, Harmonize, Sign in Blood, Night's Whisper, Read the Bones, Ambition's Cost, Ancient Craving, Damnable Pact, Commune with Lava, Lifeblood Hydra, or maybe Necropotence although the color restricion on necro is tough, treasures should take care of it.
Fable of the Mirror-Breaker Flip, Ragavan, Nimble Pilferer , The Reaver Cleaver , Gadrak, the Crown-Scourge , Ancient Copper Dragon , Old Gnawbone Ziatora, the Incinerator for more treasure makers. Pyrohemia and Pestilence could be fun with the extra mana. Awaken the Woods is an amazing x spell too, but wont appreciate the two aforementioned cards.
If you're using magda the deck will benefit from dragons and expensive artifacts. throw in Imperial Recruiter and Worldly Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, and Demonic Tutor all go in your colors. so you can get her more consistently. Darksteel Forge and Gate to Phyrexia can be tutored into play with her for five treasure.
If you use dragons, you could add Dragonstorm, but you should carefully consider how many cheap spells you expect to be able to cast if you arent building specifically towards this card. Chatterstorm, Empty the Warrens, Yawgmoth's Will, Jeska's Will, Mana Geyser, and Manamorphose, Past in Flames are all good on their own and would add synergy.
If it ends up dragon tribal, cards like Crippling Fear , Kindred Dominance, Crux of Fate
Swashbuckler Extraordinaire is a very good payoff for using treasures if you dont use certain other nightmarish dragons like Atarka, World Render, Blast-Furnace Hellkite, Terror of Mount Velus, Thrakkus the Butcher
|Have (5)||Azdranax , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , metalmagic , Surferdunks , AkBlaster|
|Want (16)||XxSirKittehxX , rtadams , theyounghansolo , fibion101 , riverspree16 , Amaterasu312 , Phyrexian_Negotiator , Rurry , AjaxSlumbering , zachi , FlamePiotriX , junnagrio , F8alCell , xignited , icetrae , Cool_Cat|