Sword of War and Peace
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from red and from white.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, Sword of War and Peace deals damage to that player equal to the number of cards in their hand and you gain 1 life for each card in your hand.
|Have (2)||gildan_bladeborn , metalmagic|
|Want (3)||amitgd , Medic_Gwen , Fanaticwes|
Printings View all
|Double Masters (2XM)||Mythic Rare|
|Masterpiece Series: Kaladesh Inventions (MPS)||Mythic Rare|
|New Phyrexia (NPH)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Sword of War and Peace Discussion
2 weeks ago
Hey, nice version of Elsha. I saw your forum topic asking for help with cuts.
Six cards to cut to make 100 cards:
- Remember the Fallen: lackluster recursion.
- Danitha Capashen, Paragon: doesn't reduce all artifact casting costs only equipment which makes her not as good as other cost reducers since she doesn't work with the Top combo.
- Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin: creature who's not good enough to disrupt Elsha.
- Ghostly Prison: I don't think you need both Prison and Propaganda, one could be cut.
- Blackblade Reforged: only good if you have a lot of lands, but you don't want a lot of lands with Elsha.
- Basilisk Collar: not a fan unless you're playing ways to take advantage of deathtouch and you can get lifelink from better equipment.
When you want more cuts look to reducing some redundancy:
- Puresteel Paladin is much better than Brass Squire.
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation is much better than Leonin Abunas.
- Sword of Vengeance is better with Elsha than Sigiled Sword of Valeron and Batterskull for vigilance since also gives trample. Valeron is a supbar equipment for the same costs as Vengeance and Batterskull not giving evasion is a big drawback.
- Hammer of Nazahn is better than Darksteel Plate.
All the Swords in the cycle can be good for different budgets, but when you have the three better expensive price ones then you don't need to play the others. Sword of Body and Mind, Sword of War and Peace, Sword of Truth and Justice are not as good as the others and could be cut.
Some cards to consider adding:
- Enlightened Tutor, Whir of Invention, Reshape, Fabricate: tutor for an equipment or Top.
- Foundry Inspector, Cloud Key: other artifact mana cost reducers for the combo with Top.
- Izzet Signet, Azorius Signet, Boros Signet: add the Signets in place of lands.
- Jeskai Ascendancy: is like giving Elsha pseudo vigilance with instant speed surprise untap/pump her to block and draw.
Good luck with your deck.
2 weeks ago
Cards I’d cut:
Basilisk Collar - You don’t need deathtouch and your other lifelink equipment are more desirable.
Helm of the Host - Creating extra 3/3 prowess creatures isn’t worth it.
Sword of Sinew and Steel, Sword of War and Peace - not enough payoff to justify these. Light and Shadow is a bit weak because you don’t have much creatures to reanimate, but the pro-white/pro-black is good at stopping removal and evading blockers. Truth and Justice feels also weak, but you’re getting a bigger beater every turn which is improving your damage output. Fire and Ice and Feast and Famine are the best swords to keep and not cut.
Armory Automaton - Cute but doesn’t contribute anything to you smacking your opponent with your commander.
Godo, Bandit Warlord - Clunky. I know he can be used as part of an infinite combo, but infinite combos should be added in when you have your 100 cards set aside and can start replacing them.
Brainstorm - it might be good for removing lands but you should run Druidic Satchel over it as its a repeatable Rampant Growth in this deck, though since you’re trying to cut cards I think you can go without either.
Remember the Fallen, Serum Visions, Sevinne's Reclamation - Remove these as you can go without them. If you’re worried about losing your stuff you should run Academy Ruins as it only takes up a land slot.
Mystic Forge - Your commander is already doing its job for you.
Masterwork of Ingenuity, Mirrormade - These are situational cards that vary on what you have out. They also provide amazing incentives for your opponents to destroy the original equipment effectively 2-for-1’ing you.
3 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
mikeb388 granted burn decks are pretty tough, but that is the exact reason I have the Pariah's Shield + Stuffy Doll combo. Even if it only buys me a couple of turns thats usually all I need. Most burn decks run on a low amount of creatures too, which means fewer blockers to get past.
What does your boros burn deck run? I have been curious to see how this deck would run against RW burn.
1 month ago
Sword of Truth and Justice and Sword of War and Peace are arguably still worse than Sword of Body and Mind, though it’s close because pro-white is really strong. Their effects are negligible, although truth and justice might be ok in a counters matter deck.
If your big thing is getting pro-blue... body and mind will do it. But at that point I’d run Swiftfoot Boots and Lightning Greaves. Sword of Body and Mind becomes redundant, especially when your commander is already indestructible. Also green creatures rarely fly so the “pro green for unblockable” aspect isn’t really gonna matter either.
If your biggest argument for Sword of Body and Mind is “it protects from targeted bounce/theft”, there’s better equipments that cost less money and less mana which you should be running and fetching before that sword.
2 months ago
I suppose that I should not be surprised that Jace, the Mind Sculptor is being reprinted in this set, but I still would rather that WotC had reprinted another planeswalker; at least he shall be less expensive, now.
Another reprint of Baleful Strix is great, but I wish that it had been an uncommon, because it is a waste of a rare spot in this set, in my mind. On that subject, I do like how Sharuum the Hegemon has been downgraded to a rare for this set, since I believe that she was not sufficiently powerful to be a mythic rare.
The alternate artwork for Sword of War and Peace is awesome, but I would rather have had any of the other swords in its place; hopefully, they shall also be reprinted in this set.
I also very much like the reprint of Lux Cannon; I already have one in my Atraxa EDH deck, but this shall make it easier to obtain a foil copy, which would be very nice.
3 months ago
General thoughts: Wound Reflection picks up on your opponents' fetch lands and shocklands and, most importantly, the damage or loss of life your opponents inflict on each other. It doesn't necessarily rely on you actively doing anything.
Fiery Emancipation telegraphs pretty loudly and you have to be the instigator, but the payoff if you get to 'do your thing' will be pretty insane. I'm definitely thinking of running it as I have a vision of Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder equipped with a Sword of War and Peace connecting with someone's face. Glorious.