Creature — Giant
Whenever Grave Titan enters the battlefield or attacks, put two 2/2 black Zombie creature tokens onto the battlefield.
|Have (3)||metalmagic , , Forkbeard|
|Want (4)||dannycorker , HoosCrazy , halluz , nmarkro|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Mythic Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Mythic Rare|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Mythic Rare|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Grave Titan occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.06%
WB (Orzhov): 0.54%
Grave Titan Discussion
1 week ago
Ah, I have piloted a mono-black discard deck for quite the number of years. I have Chainer, Dementia Master at the helm myself, as he is a rather powerful card when everyone's hands are empty, thus he reigns unanswered. Therefrom, a great amount of methods may be used to win.
Tinybones is less of a finisher itself, more so a value engine. As such, I would recommend possessing a lower curve to take advantage of the card draw and more potent finishers within the deck to hent for victory. Also, having card draw outside of the commander would grant a better backup plan. A discard deck's goal is to empty each opponent's hand and win by going unthreatened. If no players have cards to discard, Tinybones cannot provide draw.
The changes I would make are more instants so you kill things once they resolve as opposed to waiting a full turn, swifter discard in the early game to make your commander more effective, stronger finishers for the sake of ending the game betime, and just cutting some cards.
So, first, there are some things I would remove.
- Murderous Compulsion may go with the discard theme, but it's conditional removal at sorcery-speed.
- Bad Deal is ironically a bad deal, as it is six mana for two cards gone.
- Assassin's Strike is just egregious. A six-mana sorcery to kill one thing and they discard but one card. Begone.
- Unnerve is fine but not great. Being a one time effect at four mana, I dislike it, though Xantcha is a great character in the art.
- Haunting Hymn is six mana, which is far too late for discard effects to be effective. You want discard early, as it makes it far more difficult for decks to catch their footing.
- I have the same reason for Tasigur's Cruelty.
- Cabal Conditioning has an identical reason.
- I have a shortlist for this category, being creatures without long-game value; Burglar Rat, Liliana's Reaver, and Banshee of the Dread Choir have discard stapled to them, but don't do much else whilst lacking much in terms of evasion for Larceny.
- Scythe Specter is slow and other cards just do its job better, and Herald of Anguish is slow and lacks fodder for its second ability.
- Necrogen Spellbomb is just crap. Two mana for one card from a single player's hand is awful. Don't play this.
- Awaken the Erstwhile neglects the game plan of having more cards than your opponents whilst lacking the option of going back. I'd just add a stronger finisher.
Alright. With that out of the way, I may suggest other cards.
Upon card draw, you have none outside of the Trinket Thief, Rankle, and Geth's Grimoire. I'd add any of Phyrexian Arena, Sign in Blood, Underworld Connections, and Dread Presence. Necropotence may seem as if it negates the strategy, but it is always worth it.
Lightning Greaves just seem great.
Now, for the finishers I have many. Do note that these are meant to be played when people haven't any cards in hand, hence lacking answers for these once on the field. Sheoldred, the Whispering One grants value from each player's bin whiles eating at their board. Abhorrent Overlord offers a swarm of flyers to end the game. Grave Titan is much the same. Archfiend of Despair goes well with Tinybones's second ability. Though I am not too fond of it, Archfiend of Spite offers much. Geth, Lord of the Vault hents the opponent's graveyards to swarm the board. Kokusho, the Evening Star is a massive threat that harms upon death. Kothophed allows for a quite a bit of card draw. Lord of the Void is always fun. Lastly, Gray Merchant of Asphodel does so much every time it hits the field.
Of course, I'd add more ramp and reanimation. Mind Stone, Arcane Signet, Charcoal Diamond, and Lake of the Dead are great for ramp. Animate Dead, Reanimate, and Dread Return are fine ways to get stuff from anyone's yard, save for the Return.
That shall be all from me. Do enjoy your day!
3 weeks ago
The problem with Torpor Orb is that it's just a rock that may or may not do anything. The deck is currently at a decent point in streamlining. There really isn't room for situational cards that could end up just being completely useless. Now, if there was an additional effect that I could always use, or even if it was on a creature, that would be different. But it's just an artifact that sits there that may not even help me in a game. It could actually hurt me by turning off my own effects like Grave Titan.
4 weeks ago
I would not take out Grave Titan he is very good and comes with two sacrifice friends. I would consider removing Gonti, Lord of Luxury instead, it’s a nice but most of the time you hit 2 lands a 2 spells you don’t even want. Having the extra bodies for sacrifice fodder will help get your commander running. Overall nice list.
1 month ago
1 month ago
1 month ago
1 month ago
I've never heard Dome Dome before. That's awesome! I'm gonna start using that.
As for Aetherflux Reservoir, I often hear it called 'Fishbowl'.
Also, could you add 'Gravy Train' for Grave Titan?