Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Sosuke, Son of Seshiro
Legendary Creature — Snake Warrior
Other Snake creatures you control get +1/+0.
Whenever a Warrior you control deals combat damage to a creature, destroy that creature at end of combat.
zapyourtumor on Slithering Succotash!
1 year ago
I like sneks, but I'm a little confused about a few things.
Firstly, it looks like you're leaning really heavily into the snake tribal and even including a bunch of not great changelings like Guardian Gladewalker. But, unless I'm blind, I don't see any snake lords or powerful snake payoff cards that would justify including that many suboptimal snakes/"snakes". All I see is a singleton Sosuke's Summons which is definitely not worth including Gladewalker imo. And there isn't mirror march anymore to profit off its ETB. Compared to coiling oracle, hexdrinker, ice-fang, etc. which are all great midrange cards in their own right, the changelings seem really mediocre.
I think the deck would perform better if you cut some of the not great creatures and streamlined it more into a resilient simic midrange/tempo deck by adding some of the new cards like Shardless Agent and Counterspell. Some removal would probably also be nice but UG is notorious for barely having any removal so I'd have to look harder for that.
I would also suggest going down to 2 deadeyes -- 3 seems like a lot and he's really expensive. Also not sure why Sakura-Tribe Elder is there either, since more control/value would be better than more ramp here imo.
For the sideboard, I see you mentioned Prowling Serpopard. Is there a reason that isn't in the sb? It definitely looks like a great suggestion that would hose blue decks.
I think the main problem is you have a lot of snakes, but I don't see any snake tribal payoff. I'd either get some snake lords or lean a little away from the creature heavy snek and more into the midrange controlly snek. And if the snakes are just for flavor, I think the flavor can be preserved even if some of the snakes are switched out for spells.
P.S. Okay I did some scryfalling and found that these are the only snake lords: Sachi, Daughter of Seshiro, Seshiro the Anointed, and Sosuke, Son of Seshiro. Two of those are more like shaman and warrior lords though, and the only good one is probably Seshiro who also happens to be 6 mana. So I'm not sure about him but I think he's worth testing as a singleton maybe.
2 years ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
joe_mama_joe on BCC Week 6 | Gallowbraid
2 years ago
For next week, do this unusual commander, Sosuke, Son of Seshiro.
Grind on Xyris but You are the Snake
2 years ago
this deck looks like a total blast to play! i want to play it! haha.
Parallel Lives seems like more snakes!!
Kashi-Tribe Elite will give your commander shroud.
Rancor on your commander seems like recurring trample + 2 more damage and 2 more cards to draw is good!
any thoughts about Shisato, Whispering Hunter? seems a little staxxy but you have the snakes.
also Sosuke, Son of Seshiro is another way to buff your tokens.
feels like maybe hasty snakes would be good? Fires of Yavimaya
Messere on A green-blue snake deck who …
3 years ago
Hi everybody, i'm new in this forum, and my first thread is about my first deck. The idea of this deck is based on Kaminagawa's edition Snakes, who most of them, when inflict damage to a creature, make them TAP and don't UNtap during the opponent's turn, plus using some blu sorcery or instant who can TAP other creatures. The ultimate combo that i have in mind for this deck is to play Shisato, Whispering Hunter , maybe equipped with some Aura or Equipment who give him the protection from abilites or spell, or being unblockable (like Whispersilk Cloack), and then strat attack the opponent, using blue Istant or Sorcery to TAP his creatures (who will not UNtap until Shisato will be able to continue to attack), maybe with Nature's Will in play to also TAP his lands.
The problem is...what type of creatures and spell i need to have, to achieve this result? I've already have this deck, with some snakes who give me mana, like Sakura-Tribe Elder , Coiling Oracle or Orochi Sustainer , some combat snakes like Matsu-Tribe Sniper , Matsu-Tribe Decoy , Sosuke, Son of Seshiro , Seshiro the Anointed , Patagia Viper , Lorescale Coatl or some big snakes like Patron of the Orochi or Hooded Hydra ... but how can i build my deck to work fine? With which type and how many TAP spells?
If you have any suggestions, i'm all listening
JoosetheMuice on Najeela and the Bee
4 years ago
I would add: Cultivate Nature's Lore (if you get shocks) Path of Ancestry Karplusan Forest Blood-Chin Rager Lightning Greaves Swiftfoot Boots Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist Secure the Wastes Garna, the Bloodflame Metallic Mimic Butcher of Malakir Nath of the Gilt-Leaf Swan Song Hero's Downfall Anguished Unmaking Enlightened Tutor Herald's Horn Kindred Dominance Temple Garden Stomping Ground
Right off the bat I'd cut: Ahn-Crop Champion Cryptolith Rite Harvest Season Bloodsoaked Champion Decorated Champion Chief of the Edge Edric, Spymaster of Trest Herald of Dromoka Rubblebelt Raiders Sosuke, Son of Seshiro Druids' Repository Thrasher Brute Radiant Destiny Song of Freyalise Throne of the God-Pharaoh
greatdevourer on What is Best in Life?
4 years ago
Consider dropping the following:
Derevi, Empyrial Tactician - not a Warrior
Boros Signet, Selesnya Signet & Gruul Signet - weak color fixing and better use of sleeves.
Bident of Thassa - not sure, seems kinda weak but it may be better in your deck.
Bear Umbra - cute aura, but aura's are weak in multipler unless your playing aura voltron.
Sosuke, Son of Seshiro - you aren't making snakes. I know that the destroy a creature is nice, but deathtouch does effectively the same thing.
Warriors to consider:
Mardu Woe-Reaper, Skarrgan Pit-Skulk, Wild Nacatl, Blood-Chin Fanatic, Ogre Marauder, Brutal Hordechief, Drumhunter, Wolfir Silverheart
Glistener Elf - for those times when you really HAVE to but don't want to.....
Patriarch's Bidding - the best tribal recursion spell
Bloodsoaked Champion & Reassembling Skeleton - skullclamp or chump block all day long.
Surrak Dragonclaw & Yasova Dragonclaw - Because why not?
Imperious Perfect & Nacatl War-Pride - tokens!
Brion Stoutarm - fling!
Cliffhaven Vampire - this could be a combo piece....
Herald of Secret Streams - ahahahahahahaha Bramblewood Paragon has a best friend
There are more Warriors to consider, but I wanted to focus on some utility that you may have overlooked.
Here are some lands you may have overlooked: Unclaimed Territory, Opal Palace, Reflecting Pool
4 years ago
trust me you will thank me for this
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro
- Raiders' Spoils
- Oketra's Monument
- Oketra the True
- Obsidian Battle-Axe
- Mardu Strike Leader
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava
- Arashin Foremost
- Nath of the Gilt-Leaf
- Butcher of Malakir
- Fleshbag Marauder
- Merciless Executioner
- Stonehoof Chieftain
- Combat Celebrant
- Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs
- Cliffhaven Vampire
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
- Champion of Stray Souls
- Ivy Lane Denizen
- Jazal Goldmane
- Nacatl War-Pride
- Unstoppable Ash
- Yasova Dragonclaw
- Ahn-Crop Champion
- Vhati il-Dal
- Sedris, the Traitor King
- Bear Umbra
- Nature's Will