Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Battle for Bretagard
Enchantment — Saga
(As this saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III.)
: Create a 1/1 white Human Warrior creature token.
: Create a 1/1 green Elf Warrior creature token.
: Choose any number of artifact tokens and/or creature tokens you control with different names. For each of them, create a token that's a copy of it.
3 months ago
Cryptolith Rite, Nature's Will, Druids' Repository, and [Bear Umbra] will give repeatable combats. Nature's Will is a bit expensive, so keep Song of Freyalise instead. You can remove Battle for Bretagard, Goblin War Drums, and Mask of Avacyn to use the other three enchantments if repeatable combats is your goal. Otherwise, here are some other great additions:
Cathars' Crusade will make HUGE creatures very quickly. Brave the Sands gives the vigilance needed to take advantage of Cryptolith Rite or have blockers. Impact Tremors will cause lots of pain over time. Raiders' Spoils card draw on steroids. Something you are SORELY lacking.
Kaya, Geist Hunter a great addition that will mostly be used for her -2 ability. Rhythm of the Wild is a good card to be replaced since most of your creatures will be tokens, anyways. If you don't go with Kaya, Cathars' Crusade would probably be a better replacement for Rhythm of the Wild.
Trollbred Guardian and Hamza, Guardian of Arashin requires +1/+1 counters but you don't have very many +1/+1 counters in the deck to take advantage of this. You can remove them and instead use Mindblade Render and Oakhame Adversary for card draw. You need card draw.
Usher of the Fallen and Imperious Perfect are fairly underwhelming. Imperious Perfect is a little better, but I'd at least replace Usher of the Fallen with Rhys the Redeemed. Honestly, I'd use Ogre Battledriver over Imperious Perfect.
Tuya Bearclaw and Hamletback Goliath get big, but they can be chumped VERY easily. Lovisa Coldeyes will buff all your tokens that are harder to chump. You could maybe keep the Hamletback Giant, but Zurgo Helmsmasher or Samut, Voice of Dissent is a good choice in your deck if you decide not to.
Blaring Captain and Blaring Recruiter are also very underwhelming. Chief of the Edge can easily replace the captain, and the recruit can be replaced be literally anything (my vote would be for Impact Tremors if you haven't added it already).
You have A LOT of mana ramp in your deck, but your lacking card draw and removal. I'd maybe remove the Diamonds and add two or three mana rocks that tap for one of any color. That'll give your deck 10-11 forms of mana ramp. If you add three, that'll give room for two forms of card draw. Reconnaissance Mission, Bident of Thassa, Skullclamp, and Vanquisher's Banner are great options.
Be aware that you're sitting at only 30 lands. If you find your have a mana-base problem, I'd take out Radha, Heir to Keld, Duskwatch Recruiter Flip, or ANY of the previously discussed cards and add 3-5 lands. Out of the lands you should also add, I recommend Savage Lands, Arcane Sanctum, Crumbling Necropolis, Jungle Shrine, Nomad Outpost, Mystic Monastery, Path of Ancestry, and Unclaimed Territory.
10 months ago
Hey, what you have so far is a strong start at upgrading the precon for your first deck, nice Hammer of Nazahn upgrade.
Currently you need to cut 24 cards to get to 100 cards. Some advice is start with cutting some lands because 43 lands is too much. Reduce it to 36 and if you think you need more mana then add more low converted mana cost (CMC) ramp sources or draw sources instead of lands.
Some lands to consider cutting:
All these lands always enter the battlefield (ETB) tapped and you have other lands that always do this too, but those other lands are better than these.
The next cuts to consider are some high CMC cards to reduce the mana curve.
Further cuts are some cards that are not as good as others here or have similar or the same effects.
- Battle for Bretagard
- Fall of the Impostor
- Heirloom Blade
- Reflections of Littjara
- Skyclave Cleric Flip
- Captain's Claws
- Conclave Tribunal
- Moonsilver Spear
- Shielding Plax
- Tangled Florahedron Flip
- Suppression Field
Heirloom Blade and Reflections of Littjara are tribal cards that care about only one type of creature. That's not the strategy here since you have many different creature types. Skyclave Cleric Flip and Tangled Florahedron Flip are double face cards (DFC) that can be lands or played as the front face of the card and that can be helpful. The problem is the front face of the card is not worth playing even though they might be lands. Bala Ged Recovery Flip is an example of a good DFC upgrade since front face is a good card and the bonus is that could be a land.
Suppression Field is a powerful card, but it affects equipment equip costs since that's an activated ability. Even if you control Puresteel Paladin with metalcraft activated you still have to pay 2 mana to equip the equipment to a creature you control. Puresteel will reduce the equip cost to 0, but then Field makes you pay an additional 2 mana to activate the equip ability. If an equipment is in your hand and you cast it or already on the battlefield you can't free equip if you control Field.
You have ways to get around having to pay for equip with attach. Difference is you're not equipping when you attach an equipment to a creature you control. The key word here is attach which bypasses the need to activate equip. You can free attach an equipment with Galea, Kindler of Hope, Halvar, God of Battle Flip or Hammer of Nazahn. With Galea only if you cast an equipment from the top of your library, with Halvar only if the equipment is already equipped to another creature you control and with Hammer only if you cast the equipment or the equipment ETB. Free attach has synergy with Suppression Field, but the interaction is limited.
Good luck with your deck.
1 year ago
Nightmare Shepherd is one of the best as it adds a lot of functionality with no upfront cost and allows you to exploit sacrifice mechanics like evoke. Creating token clones with etb/ltb can easily become overpowered, especially when combined with populate. In fact I built a great ETB Roon EDH deck around it using cards like Yosei, the Morning Star, Protean Hulk and Wayfaring Temples that clone themselves. Token clone generation is amazing because it's essentially ETB blinking as a side effect. You have some cards that do it already listed under abuse but I think the mechanic is good enough and has enough viable cards that it might be worth making a new category for it.
Token clone makers
Stolen Identity Blade of Selves Mirror Mockery Zndrsplt's Judgment Repudiate / Replicate Hour of Eternity Supplant Form Dance of Many Minion Reflector Bramble Sovereign Progenitor Mimic Anointed Procession Quasiduplicate Rhys the Redeemed Back from the Brink Dual Nature Mimic Vat Rite of Replication Song of the Worldsoul Helm of the Host Doubling Season Parallel Lives Battle for Bretagard Mechanized Production Orvar, the All-Form Prototype Portal Saheeli, the Gifted Saheeli's Artistry Seance Second Harvest Soul Foundry Spitting Image Splinter Twin Replication Technique Saheeli Rai Mirror March Mirrorworks Molten Echoes Mythos of Illuna Sublime Epiphany Flamerush Rider Felhide Spiritbinder Littjara Mirrorlake God-Pharaoh's Gift Hofri Ghostforge Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker Followed Footsteps Nightmare Shepherd Osgir, the Reconstructor Echo Storm Cackling Counterpart Esika's Chariot Feldon of the Third Path Flameshadow Conjuring Trickster's Talisman & of course anything with populate.
Also some other blink type cards:
Blink-Yorion, Sky Nomad Conditional bounce- Cunning Evasion ETB clone- Wall of Stolen Identity Graveyard blink- Cauldron of Souls, Twilight Shepherd, Adarkar Valkyrie ETB Abuse- Jalira, Master Polymorphist, Proteus Staff, Master Transmuter. Listing the ones that specifically clone or blink artifacts in their own group might be helpful too.
1 year ago
Filter Lands -> Thriving Lands + 5 Color Lands
Falta G para balancear
Quandrix Command , Draconic Intervention , Rip Apart , Venerable Warsinger , Daemogoth Woe-Eater , Daemogoth Titan , Incarnation Technique , Pest Infestation , Veyran, Voice of Duality , Laelia, the Blade Reforged , Tivash, Gloom Summoner , Essence Pulse
1 year ago
In the playtester, Battle for Bretagard appears to make Copy tokens instead of Human Warrior tokens. The Elf Warrior tokens look alright.
1 year ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.