Hinterland Harbor enters the battlefield tapped unless you control a Forest or an Island.
: Add or .
|Have (5)||IcyLightning , , TrystonSpencer , Irishprince , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Hinterland Harbor Discussion
1 week ago
Hey, Shared Summons is an instant speed budget tutor to get Sage and Plaxmanta to protect the combo or any other pair of creatures. Siren Stormtamer is another budget creature who can protect the combo. Vedalken AEthermage instant wizardcycling can get Sage or Fathom or any other Wizard. Neoform is a powerful budget spell, it consistently will not be able to get Sage, but it can tutor for another creature and cheat it onto the battlefield.
By adding Rimewood Falls than Farseek, Lore and Visits have a Simic dual land to search for. Yavimaya Coast , Vineglimmer Snarl , Ash Barrens , Bant Panorama are more budget lands to consider adding especially Coast since it can ETB turn one to cast Birds.
When I build two color decks I allocate much of the budget within reason to lands. If this means I don't play a few expensive price cards such as Arachnogenesis then that's fine. Arachnogenesis is not a bad card, it's actually quite good and can be a blowout against opponents infinite attacking token army, but it isn't worth $34 when budget is a concern. For example, if I was building this deck on the budget you have I would play a Breeding Pool , Flooded Grove and Hinterland Harbor instead of Arachnogenesis.
Good luck with your deck.
2 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
I'd be careful with running that many filter lands (Flooded Grove). You will easily and often find yourself in a situation where your starting hand is perfect, except for the fact that your two lands are both Flooded Groves so you don't actually have any colored mana. With counterspell, charm, and coatl, I'm actually a fan of running some filter lands (unlike what most professional modern players will tell you), but some is the key word there. I run one in my UW control, and with your intensity of color I could see you maybe running two. But I wouldn't run any more than that. Some possible replacements:
Riptide Laboratory (snaps and cliques are both wizards, and bouncing them is wildly powerful!)
2 months ago
seshiro_of_the_orochi Excited to report that I've assembled the cards needed to put this deck together — got a playset of Angler Turtle in foil, and a bunch of Frog Lizard tokens on hand. Splurged and added in a few Waterlogged Grove and Hinterland Harbor to the mana base, and an additional Assault Formation to give those turtles some teeth! Cheers!
2 months ago
Golgari Rot Farm > Barkchannel Pathway Flip
Simic Growth Chamber > Darkwater Catacombs
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth > Darkbore Pathway Flip
Waterlogged Grove > Darkslick Shores
Nurturing Peatland > Grand Coliseum
2 months ago
Update 1 Cards Added In
Vigean Graftmage A cheap creature, with some +1/+1 syneregy, and a useful ability too. An easy add.
Cloudfin Raptor Another cheap creature that triggers Ezuri, and a flyer too. On top of that Evolve will help out too if it triggers.
Bring to Light A way of finding a flyer, a mana rock, or another creature. Not the cheapest card, but pays for itself with its ability to cast the follow up card for no mana.
Primeval Bounty Triggers Ezuri with its tokens, adds counters when non-creatures are cast, and some incidental Lifegain too? Easy add, just a shame its expensive.
Treasure Cruise In this deck the graveyard is dead space, so Delve is perfect here. More card draw is no bad thing.
Thrummingbird A cheap flyer that triggers Ezuri, and can also Proliferate too.
Hornet Queen Yes, it's a token generator, but the tokens are so very useful its worth the price. Plus triggers Ezuri too.
Sagu Mauler Potentially a finisher that can protect itself, and when it comes in as a Morph it will trigger Ezuri too. This is an experimental add to see if it works the way I hope it does.
Fathom Mage An Evolve card that adds card draw too. On top of that it triggers Ezuri, and I can never resist a foil!
Vorel of the Hull Clade Really obvious inclusion for boosting counters, and has great synergy with Ezuri.
Murkfiend Liege No they aren't counters but boosting the power of all blue and green creatures, plus having them available every turn is too tempting not to include.
Simic Manipulator Again an Evolve card and a way to make use of lots of +1/+1 counters.
Temple of Mystery Slow dual land with an additional Scry. An easy change for one of the many basics.
Yavimaya Coast Untapped dual land, foil, and allows me colourless if i don't want the pain. An easy swap for a Vivid land.
Botanical Sanctum If I need it untapped, it comes in untapped. If I can afford to wait, then well it gets played later! Again an easy upgrade on a basic.
Hinterland Harbor Again another easy swap for a Vivid land. If it comes out at the right time then it gets played untapped. If it doesn't then, well... I guess I didn't need it that badly.
Llanowar Elves More mana. Triggers Ezuri. Easy.
Animation Module Plenty of opportunity to trigger, and gives more Ezuri triggers too. Can also add more counters to other things too. Its versatility makes it an easy inclusion.
Primordial Hydra A big finisher that leans into the Counters theme.
Managorger Hydra Another creature that has the potential to grow into a large finisher, with Trample to get me there.
Skyrider Elf If I am honest this is basically a placeholder for something better, but its a flyer and also has good synergy due to convergence.
4 months ago
You have 11 taplands. 11. When playing cEDH, the most you have is 1. Ever. Yavimaya Coast , Botanical Sanctum , Exotic Orchard , Sungrass Prairie , Skycloud Expanse , Sunpetal Grove , Glacial Fortress , Hinterland Harbor , Razorverge Thicket , Seachrome Coast , Spire of Industry . You'll have to spend a little more, but it's only like $30. And without that, you're never gonna win at a cEDH table.
You're also not running Spell Pierce , Autumn's Veil , Dovin's Veto , Swords to Plowshares , Pongify , Rapid Hybridization , Path to Exile , Dispel , Mystical Dispute , Delay . Those are pretty much necessary. Also, Neoform , Eldritch Evolution , Eladamri's Call .
Most of your combos are . . . not cEDH viable. They require you to run taplands AND bad ramp cards and they require you to have several pieces on top of just needing several cards that aren't good outside the combo.
Now, is this a solid deck that will do well in moderately tuned games? Definitely. But it isn't competitive. And it is totally possible to make a competitive deck without going over $200, you just lose some of the speed and have to build your deck a bit differently to stay in the game.
on Power nap
6 months ago
I most certainly can! Archelos is super cool and can really warp a landbase, as now you can include so many tap lands that normally aren't too powerful, not only giving you that sort of ability but also making the land base WAY cheaper! You also have to think about the lands BEFORE you put our Archelos though, and so I'd say a balance between better lands and tap lands are what you probably want to head towards. What you have so far looks wonderful, and certainly efficient, though again, you may want to include one cycle of a certain land, maybe Breeding Pool, Overgrown Tomb, and Watery Grave? These guys can help get Archelos out, but after he's out you won't necessarily have to take the shock damage from them which I'd say deserves them a good spot in the deck. Other ones that aren't necessary but could be worth considering are Hinterland Harbor, Woodland Cemetery, and Drowned Catacomb, since again they can come in untapped with Archelos and still be relatively good without him, and of course the bounce lands Simic Growth Chamber, Golgari Rot Farm, and Dimir Aqueduct, since they can get pretty powerful when they come in untapped. Since you have Fabled Passage, Evolving Wilds, and Terramorphic Expanse I'd say it's worth it to slot in a Ramunap Excavator or Crucible of Worlds, since you'd then get two landfall triggers per turn guaranteed, since you can continuously play the sac lands again and again. If this trick proves to be very helpful, you may want to consider slotting in more fetch lands like Prismatic Vista, Misty Rainforest, Verdant Catacombs, Polluted Delta, etc. Speaking of landfall triggers, I think Myriad Landscape would work AMAZING with Archelos, as not only would the Myriad come in untapped, but so would what it searches for, giving you three landfall triggers just off of that one card if you have two mana to spare. So honestly, I don't have too much to say about the lands, I think it's pretty solid at the moment though you may need to playtest a lot to know for sure, however, I did find a bunch of great cards that could work well with Archelos!
- Amulet of Vigor: If Archelos isn't out yet and you have a ton of tap lands, this guy could be of great use, especially for just a single mana.
- Root Maze: SUPER amazing card, this guy can tax everyone but you! On your upkeep untap archelos, have everything come in untapped, then tap him before your next turn and boom now everyone's artiafcts and lands come into played tapped for one mana besides yours.
- Coldsteel Heart: Basically a 2 mana, untapped mana rock with Archelos
- Cryptolith Fragment Flip: This guy can perform your goal of whittling away peoples health, as well as coming in untapped with Archelos. The flip side can also perform that whittling quite efficiently.
- Manascape Refractor: Comes in untapped- could be pretty fun to see how that works out!
- Arcane Signet: You should run this no matter what
- Orb of Dreams: Similar power and ability to root maze mentioned above, this can tax everyone else except you with Archelos
- Renegade Map: Basically 1 mana get a basic land if you have Archelos out
- Sphere of the Suns: Great with Archelos out and coming in untapped
- Terrarion: Seems pretty solid if it doesn't come in untapped
- Worn Powerstone: Like the rest, pretty sweet if it doesn't come in tapped and can be immediately used.
- Moss Diamond/Charcoal Diamond/Sky Diamond: Untapped ability again
- Honor-Worn Shaku: Allows you to tap archelos and get something out of it
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth: It's amazing why not run it
- Retreat to Hagra: Can be a great way of slowly ruining your opponent's health, especially with the extra land triggers I mentioned before
- Stasis: If you already have the things you need to slowly remove your opponents health, this can pretty much ensure victory.
- Verity Circle: SUPER amazing if I'm understanding it correctly, basically whenever your opponents play a creature since it comes in tapped with Archelos you draw a card, and has the second ability if you are ever in need of it
- A great way to slowly get rid of your opponents health is with recurring triggers that happen every turn, such as curses. Here are some that I found: Trespasser's Curse, Torment of Scarabs, Cruel Reality, Curse of Thirst, and Curse of Fool's Wisdom
- ANY COMBO WITH RETREAT TO CORALHELM. Edhrec names 1000+ combos with this card, so I'd recommend looking through it and seeing if you find anything that would work if you haven't already!
That's all I have, sorry it probably wasn't too much regarding the lands, but I hope I gave you some good stuff to think about! I honestly love the deck it has a super cool theme, and seems like it could work very well! That said though, hope this helps, and have a wonderful day!