Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Go for the Throat
Destroy target nonartifact creature.
1 week ago
I have a few observations:
1) Your curve is too high. Too many hands have nothing to do on turn 1 & turn 2. Against midrange decks like Rakdos Midrange they’ll likely have Bloodtithe Harvester in play with Fatal Push ready to kill your three drop (they sack a blood token to trigger Revolt). Unless you open an Intrepid Outlander you’ll be defenseless until turn 4 or 5. You should diversify your curve with more 1 and 2 drops to smooth out your plays. While it’s not directly dungeon related I think Mosswood Dreadknight would be a great 2-drop.
2) You don’t have enough interaction. A combo deck like Greasefang, Okiba Boss can combo on turn 3 before you have a chance to remove her with Murderous Rider. If you remove her vehicle with You Find a Cursed Idol but don’t kill her she’ll just combo again the next turn. There’s a lot of great removal options in G/B like Abrupt Decay or Assassin's Trophy that handle tons of different matchups.
3) You don’t have a good plan for over-the-too value decks. The dungeon plan takes time to grind (not a bad thing), but your need to give yourself the time to grind. If you play against a deck with something like Bring to Light or Enigmatic Incarnation you might get completely ran over by Omnath, Locus of Creation or The Scarab God. You can fight back against these decks with unconditional removal like Go for the Throat and discard spells like Duress and Liliana of the Veil.
4) You need some more card draw. If you’re lowering your curve you should expect to play longer games & can pull ahead of opponents with card draw engines. Castle Locthwain pulls you ahead of your opponents in long games. Hive of the Eye Tyrant gives you an option to win the Dungeon back from an opponent when you’re out of creatures & closes long games against control decks. Field of Ruin is great for midrange mirror matches bc it blows up your opponent’s castles.
Dungeons can be a hard mechanic to work with but it rewards you for playing long games & slowing your opponent down. If you run a solid midrange deck with Dungeon cards to break parity and pull you ahead you’ll have a solid game plan.
3 months ago
wallisface Thank you for sum advice ^^ I was planning on switching to Thoughtseize in the future. Problem with Fatal Push was that in my most games I had to remove something much larger so the Go for the Throat come handy much more. Since I'm not playing on some bigger tournaments I never had a chance to see how different would it be.
About the Phyrexian Arena and Ayara, First of Locthwain I'm quite short on ideas how would i replace them. I do need decent card draw that would not kill me in next few turns so the Arena feels quite slow but beneficial even throught the mana cost. And Ayara, First of Locthwain worked super well with Bloodghast and Bitterblossom so far. I'm just judging from my recent games as I'm playing pretty much against the same decks over and over. I do lack experience with playing against the rest 99% decks :D That's even the reason I'm having Surgical Extraction in mainboard. Proved pretty useful with Kozilek / Thoughtseize
3 months ago
Surgical Extraction is a sideboard card at-best
your current sideboard needs a lot of work, none of the cards feel useful outside of Nihil Spellbomb (and even 4-of those feels excessive). Sideboards should have a varied range of hate-pieces for your expected matchups.
your deck feels quite low on interaction, and would probably greatly benefit from more killspells and/or hand-disruption
3 months ago
Blood Artist, Clackbridge Troll, Massacre Wurm, Slaughter Specialist, Feed the Swarm, Syr Konrad, the Grim, Gisa, Glorious Resurrector, Falkenrath Noble, Burnished Hart, Thrummingbird, Sangromancer, Vedalken Humiliator, Gulping Scraptrap, Village Rites, Feign Death, Sign in Blood, Vat Emergence, Victimize, Night's Whisper, Contagion Clasp, Wayfarer's Bauble, Neurok Stealthsuit, Grave Betrayal, Infernal Genesis, Kaya's Ghostform, Eternal Thirst, Mind Stone, Commander's Sphere, Charcoal Diamond, Sky Diamond, Dimir Locket, Undying Malice, Supernatural Stamina, Corrupted Conviction, Fake Your Own Death, Ravenous Chupacabra, Doom Blade, Go for the Throat, Defile
3 months ago
Remember that you are an aggro deck. As such, you want to lower your mana curve. You don't want to give up on card advantage, but you are willing to ignore life gain and pay some life instead.
- Bone Splinters. March of Wretched Sorrow These are card disadvantage. Try Dismember and Fatal Push. Notice that it mentions "permanent left the battlefield". This works well with your ninjutsu.
- Soul Transfer. You have no chance to control both an artifact and enchantment. If you want to destroy planeswalkers, go with Hero's Downfall.
- Assimilate Essence and Scatter Ray. Playing counterspells that hit just creatures is bad if you are playing black. Either play an universal counterspell such as Mana Leak, or play direct removal which can hit creatures that are already on the battlefield.
- Battle-Rage Blessing and Return to Action. Search for a 1 mana alternative with an unside, such as Feign Death, Undying Evil or Slip Out the Back
- Collective Nightmare, Anoint with Affliction and You Are Already Dead. These are garbage. Play any of the good 2 mana black instant removals, such as Cast Down, Doom Blade, Go for the Throat, Infernal Grasp, Ultimate Price, Power Word Kill, Heartless Act
- Ertai's Scorn, Extinguish the Light, Debt to the Kami. These are somewhat a little too expensive. You are an aggro deck, so play more tempo oriented cards. Try something from Remand, Memory Lapse, Undermine, Clawing Torment.
4 months ago
Dude! You have helped a ton! Thanks so much for all the feedback! I Made a few changes for now, and I'll try it out and see how it works. I'm gonna leave the black in my build for now Mostly because I don't have the new Sigarda, Font of Blessings yet, and I can't really afford to buy another playset Horizon Canopy right now. I didn't know about some of those green removal spells so that's good food for thought. I do have a couple other selesnya builds, the bogle deck, and a soul sister deck in Modern, so I'll keep those in mind for those as well. I like the look of Atraxa's Fall. I put the Anguished Unmaking back in because of the awesome angel art, and being a prime reason I went to black in the first place alongside Vindicate. I put the Giver of Runes back in, and two of my Aether Vials. I went back to 2 and 2 of the Thune/Lyra, I only have the 2 Thune, so that will have to do. I slipped the einganjo back in place of the 7th plains. I also stuck the Linvala, Keeper of Silence back into the Sideboard in place of the Go for the Throat I'll try and get some games in now!
4 months ago
Heroic Intervention, Go for the Throat, Read the Bones, Feed the Swarm, Lightning Greaves, Hunter's Insight, Vorel of the Hull Clade, Winding Constrictor, Growth Spiral, The Ozolith(expensive but really good) Arcane Signet, and Hardened Scales. This is what I got for now.
5 months ago
So, I gave this another look since we talked.
I think there's too much theme-consistent stuff vs practical-stuff. For example Mage Slayer is on-theme, but practically speaking it's inferior to Loxodon Warhammer or Blanchwood Armor here. Mage Slayer's primary benefit in a deck is that is deals unblockable damage. Your dudes already are punching through, Mage Slayer is just doubling their power here.
Blanchwood Armor would fucking destroy here (even more so if you tossed out Talisman of Impulse for even more Forest ramp). Personally I'd cut something out somewhere (Prolly Talisman of Impulse and/or drop down to 2-of Thorn Elemental) to cram in some way of protecting your dudes. Rhox regenerates, but the other dudes are just screaming to get Go for the Throated