At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a 0/1 colorless Eldrazi Spawn creature token onto the battlefield. It has "Sacrifice this creature: Add to your mana pool."
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Awakening Zone Discussion
8 hours ago
Saw this deck list requesting help so ill provide some feedback here. First of all love the idea of winning with Eldrazi spawn tokens! I do feel though that you have too many creatures in the deck and could use some more utility spells to smooth out your games and push you towards your goal. I am not sure of your budget so ill try to keep that in mind with my feedback. Some ideas of this would be:
- Remove Benthic Infiltrator for Awakening Zone
- Remove Culling Drone for Arcane Signet
- Remove Dominator Drone for Sol Ring
- Remove Fathom Feeder for Baleful Strix
- Remove Mist Intruder for All Is Dust
- Remove Nettle Drone for Rhystic Study
- Remove Ruthless Deathfang for Dictate of Erebos or Grave Pact although the second is harder to cast
- Remove Salvage Drone for Ponder or Preordain or a similar spell
- Remove Sludge Crawler and Vestige of Emrakul for Dimir Signet or Golgari Signet or Gruul Signet or Izzet Signet or Rakdos Signet or Simic Signet
Some general things to think about. You look like you need some more card draw and mana ramp (hence some of my suggestions above) but also need some additional removal spells to slow down everyone else while you get your army built.
Hope some of this helps!
1 month ago
Testing 1v1 against my Kresh deck. The Thing has the potential to flood the board with annoying little tokens and a boatload of card draw, but that potential was never fulfilled. Kresh was just too aggressive. This list could not reliably stop Kresh from doing what Kresh does… destroy your board before you can build it.
When The Thing worked, it was during matches in which Confirm Suspicions or some other investigate spell gave you enough draw power to find answers. Twice I had to sac Kresh… losing his counters… and recast him because of Winter's Rest . But there aren’t many effects like it in the deck, and I had to dig deep for it.
Let me try with another deck that isn’t so destruction-focused, but my first impression is that this list needs more lands, and more ramp. I was forced to mulligan more than I'd like. A couple options that sorta fit the theme...
2 months ago
I'll include some recommendations if you're interested:
Tokens: Thinking along the lines of MOAR TOKENS, Second Harvest and Rhys the Redeemed . You could also consider Call the Coppercoats , Deploy to the Front , and Nomads' Assembly . Awakening Zone , Giant Adephage is fun.
Trample: I'd recommend Nylea, God of the Hunt if you're willing to shell out the extra bit.
Protection: Fanatical Devotion
3 months ago
Ziabo I'm still in my draft phase lol, but with the mana ramps I hope it won't be an issue. I got a total of 17 mana ramps. My thoughts are if I can get a good counter off Mana Drain , Plasm Capture , and Spell Swindle to hit a boost for my mana ramp or big spells that have big board impact. Some cool synergy I'm going for is Awakening Zone with Sakura-Tribe Elder or Wood Elves with Esix on the board.
3 months ago
The beauty of Thantis is the perplexing open-endedness of the commander. I've had the most success & fun making it a mix of: monarch/courts, token spawning big-boys (on upkeep is my fav.), polymorph spells to trade tokens for bigs, card draw for little guys, & lifelink.
4 months ago
Remove-Replace: For better Beatdowns... Butcher of Malakir- Siege Behemoth
Vulturous Zombie- Kamahl, Heart of Krosa
The Haunt of Hightower- Torgaar, Famine Incarnate
From Beyond- Awakening Zone <-You only have 1 eldrazi. Why not save 1 mana instead for the same token maker?
For the combo win... Savra, Queen of the Golgari-Swap in any card with Persist. You have Mikaeus, but no Triskelion/Ballista, so just use a persist creature with a blood artist effect. I'd recommend Rendclaw Trow since it's cheap, or Puppeteer Clique since it's fun as hell.
Sadistic Hypnotist- Korozda Guildmage
Sidisi, Undead Vizier- Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis
The way this combo works is detailed here https://edhrec.com/combos/bg/hogaak-korozda-phyrexian. Since you don't have Phyrixan Altar, you can't go infinite, but I think you'll like that more. It will still provide tons of death triggers or tokens, so you can use a blood artist or just swing in.
4 months ago
It looks like your breakpoint for Eldritch Evolution is at 3 mana, but the single copy of Gisela is the only creature you can tutor for at that point that costs more than the sacrificed creature. If you want Evolution to be the Birthing Pod for this deck, I'd suggest adding more threats that cost 4-5 mana. Fives are particularly valuable since they can themselves be sacced to find Bruna or Deceiver of Form . Sticking with the Eldrazi type, Emrakul's Hatcher , Kozilek's Channeler , and the popular Reality Smasher seem like they'd be the most effective. The world's your oyster if you don't mind running other creature types. Stormbreath Dragon , Sigarda, Host of Herons , Baneslayer Angel , and Thragtusk are some picks recommended by the internet as the best modern creatures on 5. If you prefer having only the biggest baddest threats in the 7-9 range, I'd cut Evolution entirely for more ramp in Cryptolith Rite / Citanul Hierophants , From Beyond / Awakening Zone , or really whatever other options you prefer. Another card I'd consider cutting is Kozilek's Return since it will wipe out all of your tokens (even after upgrading with Emrakul's Evangel ) unless you're lucky enough to also have Eldrazi Monument out. Maybe Mizzium Mortars could be your sweeper if that's what you're looking for. A final cut I'd make is the odd fifth copy of Game Trail . Unless that's a typo, you don't typically want to run more than 4 copies of nonbasics, even in casual. Plus, your deck looks like it could use more white and colorless mana sources anyway. An interesting option that jumped to my mind was Westvale Abbey Flip since you already have a human token theme. Some other tribal picks that might fit are Champion of the Parish , Thalia's Lieutenant , and Mayor of Avabruck Flip.
Let me know if you have any questions and good luck! (BTW, I'm not a great sideboard builder, but I do know eldrazi make use of Warping Wail and Oblivion Sower in addition to the more traditional hate artifacts.)
4 months ago
Hey, good start on a budget.
Cards in the maybeboard that are worth adding:
- Whisper, Blood Liturgist
- Altar's Reap
- Costly Plunder
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Fleshbag Marauder
- Apprentice Necromancer
- In Garruk's Wake
- Tainted Wood
- Erebos, Bleak-Hearted
- Smothering Abomination
- Acidic Slime
Some budget cards, $1-$2, most are less than $1, at TCGPlayer to consider adding:
- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame : the two Elementals she creates are saced at your end step meaning they will trigger Korvold. Repeatable two Elemental creatures has interaction with Priest of Forgotten Gods and Whisper, Blood Liturgist to activate them on your turn each turn.
- Awakening Zone : Eldrazi Spawn tokens have nice interaction with Korvold since they self-sac to make 1 colorless mana.
- Arasta of the Endless Web : repeatable Spider tokens whenever an opponent casts an instant/sorcery thus can be lots of value in multiplayer Commander. It can even create infinite Spider tokens if an opponent combos by infinite casting.
- Atarka, World Render : creature to reanimate. Korvold is a Dragon and giving him double strike in combination with flying and huge power from counters can outright kill an opponent with Commander damage.
- Sakura-Tribe Elder : can sac itself.
- Caustic Caterpillar : can sac itself.
- Viscera Seer : can sac itself.
- Reassembling Skeleton : can reanimate itself.
- Bloodsoaked Champion : can reanimate itself.
- Village Rites
- Jarad's Orders : tutor for two creatures, one into your hand and the other into your graveyard. Good reanimation enabler or get Reassembling/Champion.
- Poison-Tip Archer : trigger when any other creature dies including opponent's creatures making it good in multiplayer Commander.
More ramp is good with Korvold because it can help to cast him faster and then it can be sac fodder to trigger him.
- Sol Ring : the most expensive price card I will suggest, but it's a staple of Commander.
- Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Gruul Signet
- Golgari Signet
- Rakdos Signet
- Mind Stone : can sac itself.
- Commander's Sphere : can sac itself.
- Springbloom Druid
Some budget lands to consider adding:
- Exotic Orchard
- Savage Lands
- Path of Ancestry
- Llanowar Wastes
- Cinder Glade
- Smoldering Marsh
- Jund Panorama
- Evolving Wilds
- Terramorphic Expanse
- Myriad Landscape
- Blighted Woodland
- Ghost Quarter
- Ash Barrens
I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.