White creature spells you cast cost less to cast.
Whenever you cast a creature spell, create a 1/1 white Warrior creature token with vigilance.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Oketra's Monument Discussion
1 week ago
Hey BrassLord! Thanks for stopping by with some suggestions.
Kogla seems like a very good card, I'm trying to find a place for it in my Atla deck as well.
Oketra's Monument is interesting, I think it just might find a home here!
I looked at the Shaman for a while in the making of this deck, and decided in the end that I would add it if I decided to splurge here. Definitely a good one.
Esika's Chariot is good but likely too slow. As much as I want more cat tokens in my life, I think that one's gonna be passed by.
When I do some play testing irl against actual opponents (still in the goldfishing phase atm), I'll decide if Myth Unbound will go in or not. It's certainly a good suggestion, I never remember that card!
The Ranger is another one I had to consider, still unsure on it.
I'd love a Great Henge or five, but if I do pick one up it'll probably go into Atla.
Not sure about Eldrazi Monument , it'd definitely do some work in the wincon category but it doesn't fit the current Overwhelming Stampede strat. I'll do some playtesting with it.
I always appreciate you making me think more about these decks I make, never ceases to expand my brain ;)
1 week ago
Cool deck idea! Glad that commander is getting some love!
Some interesting things to look at. Kogla, the Titan Ape has some interesting synergies with your commander. Oketra's Monument can help explode your board presence in the early game, and any of the token doubling enchantments seems equally good! It might not gel extremely well, but Shaman of Forgotten Ways is a mana dork that can also be a wincon. Esika's Chariot seems right up the decks alley, as it makes tokens and can copy your tokens as well! Myth Unbound also seems decent if you start running into targeted removal. Quirion Ranger also works with your tapping and untapping plan!
1 week ago
Oketra's Monument , aside from being a cost reducer whichbis vital to certain combos, is a pretty important combo piece itself. It’s one of a few ways i have to generate additional creatures to sav to phyrexian arena for infinite tokens/ETB triggers.
I’m also not sure if i agree with Archaeomancer's Map . If you look closely you’ll see that no single card in the deck puts extra lands out. I’m always trying to sac for quick bursts, tap a land for a bunch of mana, or sac tokens and treasures for mana. One of the worst things that can happen when i have a great draw engine like Land Tax + Scroll Rack is having it go offline because i have too many lands. It used to happen so often that I dropped all cards that put extra lands out, and built the deck to work on fewer. Interestingly enough, it makes stuff like Field of Ruin , Path to Exile or Winds of Abandon keep me an ideal position to tutor out just the land i need with Weathered Wayfarer or rip all tue basics out in a matter of a few turns with Land Tax
Is this the BEST way to build it? I really can’t say, but it feels better to me since i went that way.
1 week ago
I'd probably start with replacing Oreskos Explorer with Archaeomancer's Map , and cut Oketra's Monument for something of your choosing. I'd also cut a couple basics for some fetchlands if you can afford them, Windswept Heath , Flooded Strand , and Prismatic Vista are all relatively cheap and have synergy with Mistveil Plains , Scroll Rack , Emeria Shepherd , and Altar of the Brood .
1 month ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
2 months ago
Thank you multimedia for the detailed feedback, really appreciate you taking the time to provide this information. Like the suggestions and definitely want to consider some for changes to the deck but figured would explain my thought process on some of these cards before deciding what to change.
While Open the Armory does help get two nice cards for this deck in Skullclamp or Animate Dead it is limited to just those two cards so don't want to end up with a dead card if both are in hand or on the field.
As for the other recommendations I'll try Sun Titan , Archon of Justice , Court of Grace , Mentor of the Meek , Swords to Plowshares , Fanatical Devotion and Austere Command with your recommended cuts on 7 of the 9 cards excluding Martyr's Bond and Field of Souls . Keeping Bond cause I like the combination with Tergrid, God of Fright Flip and Souls for the tokens. Also rebalancing the lands a bit.
With that said not sure if I needed more lands or mana rocks for this deck as well. And have been also debating cutting Oketra's Monument as well.
2 months ago
Cool, thanks for your help!
2 months ago
In the meantime you may want to explore cost reduction spells.