Harald, King of Skemfar
Legendary Creature — Elf Warrior
Menace (This creature can't be blocked except by two or more creatures.)
When Harald, King of Skemfar enters the battlefield, look at the top five cards of your library. You may reveal an Elf, Warrior or Tyvar card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
|Have (2)||PTsmitty , BlueEyedBeast43|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Harald, King of Skemfar Discussion
3 months ago
Reclamation Sage gives you some removal on a body
Mortality Spear rewards your life gain
4 months ago
Usual disclaimer: I'm not an EDH expert and basically only play to have fun and mess with the match.
I haven't watched the short before writing this, so I'm going to assume that the new people are generally new to Magic as a whole. For this, I don't think the pre-built decks are the best tool, since they usually have some unique and pretty weird cards. I would start with a very simple, streamlined deck. Pull cards from core sets, use mechanics that have a lot of support, and don't try to be too tricky. Possible commanders could be Isperia, Supreme Judge , Harald, King of Skemfar , or Maja, Bretagard Protector . Explain the basic rules and vocabulary of the game and format, and have someone outside the game available to answer questions and offer tips during a match.
If the players know the game and are trying a new format, then you can get a bit broader. What strategies or archetypes do they like? Do they want to play to a theme? At this point, there's a legendary creature for just about anything a color can reasonably do. Explain how color identity works and what commander damage means, and be ready to offer deck and card suggestions. Show them any pre-built decks they might be able to buy or borrow and see if any of those get their attention.
6 months ago
Some possible How Abouts: Abomination of Llanowar , Boreal Outrider (you might want some Snow-Covered Forest and Snow-Covered Swamp if you go this route), Elf Replica , Elvish Warmaster , Eyeblight's Ending , Gilt-Leaf Ambush , Harald, King of Skemfar , Jaspera Sentinel , Nadier's Nightblade , Numa, Joraga Chieftain , Path of Ancestry , Pendelhaven Elder , Prowess of the Fair , Quest for Renewal , Quirion Ranger , Reclamation Sage .
8 months ago
Though I'm curious why you aren't playing some cards, like Skullclamp Serpent's Soul-Jar Pact of the Serpent Harald, King of Skemfar and Sylvan Messenger , I like your list a lot, and it helped me come across some of the weirder cards like Alpha Authority . I just think you should cut Nissa Revane . At least in my playgroup, Wellwisher , being less vulnerable to flyers, is better, and the life-gain isn't that important anyway.
8 months ago
I'll let you know right now, Legacy is not where you want to start. It's got all but the most obscenely overpowered cards in the history of the game. (Those go into Vintage.) Legacy decks are regularly $4,000+.
A decent Elf starting package might include Shaman of the Pack , Elvish Mystic , Harald, King of Skemfar , and Jaspera Sentinel . These cards are cheap, easy to use, and won't get you laughed at. Note that Shaman of the Pack is not Standard-legal, if you decide to go that direction, but it is Pioneer-legal. I'm not really suggesting for any particular format, just putting options in front of you.
If you're willing to spend more money and start looking at serious competitive options, try to find Collected Company .
If you have any questions, or are confused, please ask!
8 months ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
8 months ago
Hi raspberryfish25 Thanks, I like playing it. Just finished a quick 1-on-1 game versus my brother-in-law's deck (all about stealing cards) and lost to my own elves. As for the mentioned cards, I've looked into all the mentioned cards in early builds, some of them will definitely make the 99 in future upgrades.
Skyshroud Poacher - Pricy but spicy, still in the back of my head for a future upgrade.
Wolverine Riders - Have played this card, but didn't do well, yielded me a few extra tokens, but got removed fairly quickly, might try it again.
Sylvan Messenger - I'm not the biggest fan of digging a few deep in the hope to fetch a good card, you can whiff easily.
Elvish Guidance - Is in the deck, done great work so far.
Harald, King of Skemfar - Like Sylvan messenger, it can whiff so hard, Land, Land, Dork, Artifact, Enchantment. Also, Tyvar Kell has to be in the deck too, to get the most out of it. Abomination of Llanowar would be the better choice in this build.
Elvish Harbinger - Like the Poacher, very good.
Sylvan Offering - This can produce an insane amount of Tokens and a big beater Treefolk token with the amount of mana the deck can produce, the only drawback for me is giving my opponent the same amount in return, I will try it out, this and Stoneforge Masterwork might work, but Lathril depended.
Elvish Clancaller - An early 2 drop Lord in play is always nice, but it doesn't come with extras, like the other lords.
Elvish Champion - Also on my future upgrade list, the best Lord around for sure.
8 months ago
I am really liking this deck, but I am noticing a lot of core cards from a typical Elfball style deck are missing. Have you tried any of the following cards in the deck and if so what was your experience: Deathrite Shaman , Skyshroud Poacher , Wolverine Riders , Sylvan Messenger , Lys Alana Huntmaster , Elvish Guidance , Harald, King of Skemfar , Elvish Harbinger , Sylvan Offering , Elvish Clancaller , and Elvish Champion ?