Oketra the True
Legendary Creature — God
Double strike, indestructible
This cannot attack or block unless you control at least three other creatures.
: Create a 1/1 white Warrior creature token with vigilance.
|Have (2)||sepheroth119 , CompleteWaste|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Oketra the True Discussion
1 month ago
If Rule of Law would have been an instant/had flash, I probably would have cried
multimedia on Teysa
5 months ago
Hey, you don't need massive help. This is a good first version especially if it's your first deck.
Some advice is try to reduce the mana curve. A 3.5 avg CMC is high, reducing this number will help gameplay. You want to prioritize the four, five or higher CMC cards. Keep the best ones for your strategy and cut the others. This deck building process is called streamlining or "cutting the fat". Adding more draw and ramp will help game play.
An example, the best fours drops here are: Teysa, Smothering Tithe, Pitiless Plunderer, Luminous Broodmoth, Elenda, Anointed Procession. Best five drops and six drops here: Sidisi, Thalisse, Wurmcoil Engine, Elspeth.
All the others not named could be cut to reduce the mana curve. A five drop that has a powerful die trigger is Archon of Justice, it's an upgrade for Liesa, Shroud of Dusk. Solemn Simulacrum is a fine four drop for ramp and a draw trigger when it dies, it's an upgrade for Kor Cartographer.
Reducing the mana curve means cutting high CMC cards for lower ones. Some examples:
Cutting Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts, a seven drop, adding one drop Skullclamp. Skullclamp is one of the better cards with Teysa for a draw engine. It's die trigger draws four cards, it's very good with the 1/1 token theme and sac outlets.
Cutting Increasing Devotion, adding Viscera Seer, five drop for a one drop. You can create tokens from many other sources that have more interaction with Teysa than Devotion does. Seer is a one drop repeatable sac outlet who can also be repeatable filtering the top card of your library to help draws especially with Skullclamp.
Cutting Debtors' Knell, adding Phyrexian Reclamation. A seven drop that doesn't do anything the turn you play it for a one drop that's mana efficient repeatable creature recursion even at instant speed.
Adding more two drop mana rocks: Talisman of Hierarchy and Orzhov Signet to improve ramp by cutting some four drops such as Oketra the True and Ill-Gotten Inheritance. For your deck Oketra is an expensive price card that's a mana expensive source of tokens which doesn't have much interaction with Teysa.
- Teysa + Ashnod's Altar + Pitiless Plunderer + Reassembling Skeleton = infinite mana and infinite die triggers.
- Teysa + Ashnod's Altar + Nim Deathmantle + Ministrant of Obligation = infinite Spirits and infinite die triggers. Do this combo on your last opponent's turn to then on your next turn attack all opponents with infinite Spirits.
If interested I offer more advice. Would you like more advice? Good luck with your deck.
7 months ago
God-Eternal Oketra > Oketra the True Wood Elves > Sad Robot Nature's Lore > Rampant Growth Migration Path > Explosive Vegetation Scute Swarm > Entreat the Angels Other general cards to consider: Aura Fracture , Cryptic Caves , Dust Bowl (or any strip mine/wasteland/etc), Elvish Reclaimer
8 months ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
9 months ago
i really like Oketra the True in the 99 for token generation. also Strata Scythe is great in mono color deck!
have you looked at Weathered Wayfarer ? he is great in mono white.
also, you could trick out your mana base a little bit. just my opinion, but I would run Temple of the False God , War Room , Kor Haven , and Strip Mine over radiant fountain, evolving wilds, cryptic caves, and a plains. those lands give you ramp, repeatable card draw, protection, and threat removal! they're great!
cheers and have fun!!
1 year ago
I see. What I've found as countermeasures to common removal options that I try to squeeze in are:
- Savage Summoning - instant speed, uncounterable Kathril cast before your turn is technically with haste. Also additional +1/+1 counter helps.
- Pull from Eternity - it's great if you care only about getting back that exiled Zetalpa, Primal Dawn or something unique like Oketra the True.
1 year ago
You and I think quite alike, it seems. Seeing how our peers have designed their decks has helped me a lot as well. :)
I've been sharing your sentiments regarding sacrifice and discard outlets. That is actually the prime reason I've added Fauna Shaman, Tortured Existence, Bontu the Glorified and Greater Good, although their effects are good on their own as well.
Targeted graveyard hate is definitely the most glaring weakness of this type of deck. I have also ruminated a lot on how to solve the Bojuka Bog problem. Like you suggest, among the most prominent inclusions are Aegis of the Gods and Leyline of Sanctity. In addition, I've also considered running Orbs of Warding, Shalai, Voice of Plenty and Sigarda, Heron's Grace. Out of these, Aegis of the Gods is the one I'm the most likely to add. I find them all a bit difficult to add to my list, however. The angels don't give you hexproof in the graveyard. They, and Leyline all cost 4 mana which is a little too pricy. Aegis has the upside of being only two mana, but I really want to try and limit the amount of creatures without keywords. I may refrain from adding it until after that time I get completely blown out by a Bojuka Bog lol.
Oh, and my favourite secret weapon is equipping Lord of Extinction with Lightning Greaves or Swiftfoot Boots and place all the keyword counters on it with Kathril. Not so subtle, but very effective. People tend to hyperfocus on the fact that Kathril is in the command zone. :)
1 year ago
Oh, and btw: Sunblade Angel + Oketra the True + Bassara Tower Archer provides 8 keyword counters, which can be used as a secondary line for Buried Alive, just in case Zetalpa, Primal Dawn gets exiled.