Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Human Warrior
Whenever Honored Crop-Captain attacks, other attacking creatures get +1/+0 until end of turn.
Max_Hammer on Boros
2 months ago
fszk I can definitely do that!
Step one is deciding on whether you want to make soldier tokens specifically or just any type of creature. It doesn't really matter, they're both good and fun to play, but I'll give you suggestions for both.
You want to use cards like Assemble the Legion, Skyknight Vanguard, and Outlaws' Merriment to consistently make a tokens. Which, y'know, in Boros token spam you're probably going to want a lot of those.
Then you're going to want a reason to make so many tokens. Either something to buff them like Honored Crop-Captain and Felidar Retreat or a reward for having so many creatures Halo Fountain (Expensive, but you really only need 2 copies), Seraph of the Masses or Kolaghan Forerunners. You could also use something like Goblin Bombardment, Impact Tremors, or Cavalcade of Calamity. What you pick here is going to change a lot of what you pick for other parts.
And now for mana! White and red don't have a lot of great mana ramp, but classic artifacts like Boros Signet, Boros Keyrune, or Boros Cluestone. Prosperous Partnership could work well, too. Goblin Trenches could be snazzy if you care to add in white catch-up cards, but I'd stick to Prosperous and Signet.
Anyway, uhh, I just said a lot of stuff. That's my definition of some pointers. You don't want to know what a lot of pointers looks like. Good luck and feel free to ask for more assistance. (:
8 months ago
Thanks for the suggestions. As the list is, it is running fine, so I do not have too many plans to change it, not that your suggestions have no merits.
I was running Skyknight Vanguard and ever since I added that and Honored Crop-Captain along with some aggro stuff, the deck started running wonky and got stomped all over. I dropped those out recently and added some more midrange stuff and the deck has been running much better.
Breena, the Demagogue: unless I am misunderstanding this card, it just doesn't seem too great to me. I mean, yes, the politics aspect helps a lot, but I am not a fan of my opponents drawing as well. Tymna the Weaver: will definitely be an add if I feel the list is running slow and not drawing enough. I have been going back and forth on adding her, I just cannot fit her in the current list. There is some draw for now: Kaya, Ghost Assassin, Phyrexian Arena, Bolas's Citadel, Skullclamp, Chief Jim Hopper, Esper Sentinel, and sort of Land Tax
Ramp: It seems to be fine to me as is, at least with how the deck plays. I have only tested the current list a couple of times and only 1 on 1 so I will see if more ramp is needed. 9 mana rocks seems a bit hefty at times. I will note I am running some treasure token producers and may add back in Smothering Tithe, I dropped it to test Unquenchable Fury as Tithe didn't feel too necessary at times. Aerial Surveyor also ramps pretty well and Land Tax helps with hitting the land drops.
Protection: Iroas, God of Victory Serves as Dolmen Gate while giving them menace and acts as a 7/4 beater. Teferi's Protection may go back in, I just dropped it but we will see. I guess in working on my protection I was more concerned with counterspells and certain blue board wipes (which is why Grand Abolisher, Deflecting Swat (lul cyclonic rift), and Defense Grid are in there) rather than worrying about other board wipes. I added Legion's Initiative as it kind of acts like Teferi's Protection in that it works a bit better to protect from exile wipes like Winds of Abandon and Farewell than some of the indestructible protection spells.
Fireflux Squad: for some stupid reason it never occurred to me to use this on the tokens. I will definitely find a spot for the squad.
8 months ago
The first thing that's jumping out at me is how many high drop creatures you're running. I bothered to do the math and your creature avg. cmc comes in at a whopping 5.04. I suggest more 3 drop and under creatures like Hanweir Garrison Meld, Skyknight Vanguard, Soltari Champion, Akroan Hoplite, Honored Crop-Captain, Breena, the Demagogue, Captain Lannery Storm, Coastline Marauders, and Mirror Entity while removing some of your highest cmc creatures.
Feel free to check out my list for inspiration. Upvotes on any of my decks are appreciated. Isshin - Army of Darkness
1 year ago
Definitely an interesting deck! I feel like you have some less useful creatures like the Vampire of the Dire Moon , Borderland Marauder and Griffin Sentinel . Having more creatures like Ankle Shanker , Legion Loyalist and Honored Crop-Captain would probably be better. Also, maybe swap out the Sorcery, Artifact and Enchantment cards for those good Instant cards you have. I always try to focus more on playsets (4) of my core cards, rather than try to have a bit of everything.
1 year ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
2 years ago
You might like these: Mindblade Render, Goblin Wardriver, Alpine Houndmaster, Berserkers' Onslaught, Goblin Rabblemaster, Jazal Goldmane, Banewhip Punisher, Blood-Chin Fanatic, Brion Stoutarm, Fleshbag Marauder, Merciless Executioner, Goblin Cratermaker, Greven, Predator Captain, Stingscourger, Avenging Huntbonder, Honored Crop-Captain
2 years ago
Dude those dragons are doing so well (when no one wipes them)!
Did you want a similar deck? 'Cuz that's what you've got here... but I think you should lean into go-wide-aggro > midrange and play more 1-2 cmc creatures and move all your ramp to 2 (Rampant Growth, signets, etc).
Rhys the Redeemed... he's getting a reprint
Gutterbones... reusable 1-drops
Norin the Wary... free 1/1s or ETB triggers
Mist-Cloaked Herald... anything that can't be blocked
Graveblade Marauder... anything <4 with deathtouch
Alpine Houndmaster... going wide?
Malakir Cullblade... grower not a shower
Tribal decks have so much flavor! Hope this helps, maybe we'll see it next weekend? :o
2 years ago