Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Choose two —
- Destroy all artifacts.
- Destroy all enchantments.
- Destroy all creatures with converted mana cost/mana value 3 or less.
- Destroy all creatures with converted mana cost/mana value 4 or greater.
1 month ago
Firstly a +1, as it is always good to have more added to the hive.
So had a quick look at your list and seems legit. Certainly seems like it is mostly based around a go wide synergy. Going on that, I would like to offer a bit of advice. Firstly, I think Merciless Eviction can be a really dead card. I would look to be using spot removal for exile such as Swords to Plowshares, and Path to Exile. I would be using modal boardwipes which you can rebuild from using Sliver Gravemother, and Merciless Eviction is a kinda non-bo. Maybe something like Austere Command would be better, and Toxic Deluge can still deal with those indestructable things.
I am also not a massive fan of Coat of Arms. Dont get me wrong, its a classic, but EVERYONE benefits from it. Something like a Shared Animosity may be better for you as you have so much evasion that toughness is less of a concern. I know its pricey, but maybe a Finale of Devastation could go search for your Sliver Legion and get to swinging with those big Slivery baddies. Can also use things like Natural Selection. Would also say that given the key words you can get just from your Slivers, Akroma's Memorial is a little redundant.
If I can think of anything else I will drop some more on here, but hope it helps. If you would like to come and drop by my hive, you will be always welcome to come have a look around and leave me a message letting me know what you think :)
2 months ago
Not sure if they're 'too slow' for how you play, but I really like land ramp cards, stuff like Myriad Landscape, Blighted Woodland, and if you have access to Forests and Plains Krosan Verge. Any of these offers some fixing, and Verge can actually find non-Basic lands, like Murmuring Bosk for example. These are truly impressive in a Sun Titan using deck. Archangel of Strife might fit in here, your deck has lots of 'butts matter' stuff, and the Archangel effectively buffs both your power and toughness, while boosting only 1 for each opponent. Not sure if you really need another tutor, but Eladamri's Call and Altar of Bone exist. If you want a so-so anthem there is Spidersilk Armor, and I generally think a deck like this should run 1 or more of Tragic Arrogance, Farewell, or Austere Command. They're clunky, but they also can clear out large numbers of other problematic permanents for you.
Neat deck idea, thanks for posting!
2 months ago
Hi there! Have you had a chance to play this deck irl at all yet? Do you have a set budget in mind per card, or overall for the deck? I have a few suggestions for potential additions as well as some likely swaps:
Sigarda's Aid - Super helpful to cheat Equip costs, as they can get mana intensive
Dismantling Wave / Wear / Tear - Can maybe replace Austere Command as a slightly faster options to deal with multiple artifacts/enchantments at once, and also because you can likely afford to run 1-2 fewer board wipes.
Forge Anew - Some more excellent new equipment support.
Frodo, Determined Hero - Excellent attacker that can skip on equip costs for himself.
Generous Gift - Is a versatile removal option since it can also destroy lands. The 3/3 Elephant token is fairly irrelevant in the grand scheme of an EDH game.
Promise of Loyalty - Can likely replace Slash the Ranks. I've played this in a Voltron Aura deck a couple years ago, and found it to be super helpful since it kept some heat off me while I swung away as everyone else was in rebuild mode. This is also a bit better than Slash the Ranks since the sacrifice removal gets around Indestructible, and destroy effects don't
I think you can remove Winds of Rath since your deck isn't really running any Aura enchantments to have your creatures benefit from.
4 months ago
Hello! I went through your list looking for spots to upgrade, but I found almost none: congratulations, it is really optimized!
Still, I believe you might want to consider some of these cards to increase your engine:
- Since your deck punishes artifacts so heavily (Austere Command, Stony Silence, Titania's Song), I believe Helm of the Gods could be swapped out for Primal Order as a punisher for nonbasic landbases. (Against my decks, it would be doing all the damage.)
- Michiko's Reign of Truth Flip, Katilda, Dawnhart Martyr Flip and Hallowed Haunting might be good finishers for your deck.
4 months ago
DareiJuxis, I completely agree about wipes. I was just curious which ones may synergize the best with Brimaz. Thank you for some of those recommendations. I put in Austere Command and Farewell on top of keeping Sunfall. I did think about putting in Basalt Monolith and Rings of Brighthearth to get infinite colorless mana in order to keep up with the amount of incubate tokens that are made.
I did add Greed like you recommended. The reason I kept things like Corrupted Conviction is the sac additional cost to the card in order to sac any phyrexian token I have to help trigger Brimaz. Would you recommend against that? Like an Ashnod's Altar in order to help pay for another to take its place?
4 months ago
Hello! May I step in to give you some recommendations? Since you're on a budget, all cards suggested are 2 dollars or less.
Part 1: Ramp
In: You probably want aura ramp and cost reducers over standard land ramp: Wild Growth, Transcendent Envoy, Hero of Iroas, Jukai Naturalist and Stenn, Paranoid Partisan (choosing Enchantment). These will allow you to storm through your deck casting Auras ad nauseam.
Part 2: Card draw
Just as important as ramp is card draw: Galea won't always be available to you.
Part 3: Removal
Swords to Plowshares is GREAT, no doubt. But, in this kind of deck, you can spice it up with the great Auras that has for removal.
The objective is, then, to use the cheapest Auras that can hit more than one permanent type, with emphasis on "loses its abilities" in the text box.
Part 4: Boardwipes
In: I believe you should run more boardwipes that leave your board mostly untouched. Austere Command is one such example. You almost always will clean all artifacts and the half of creatures that are more dangerous to you. Curse of the Swine is another selective wipe.
Part 5: Protection and Evasion
In Voltron, tempo is crucial.
- In: Negate and Delay are inconditional and cheap counters mana-wise.
- Out: Calculated Dismissal and Frilled Mystic aren't.
Now to the Auras:
- In: Spirit Mantle, Unquestioned Authority and Mask of Law and Grace are protection and evasion at the same time (protection also means it can't be blocked).
- Out: Favor of the Overbeing, Observant Alseid and Leafcrown Dryad.
Following the same logic as with removal, I'm using auras over instants to protect the Voltron.
- In: Shield of the Oversoul, Alpha Authority, Canopy Cover.
- Out: Benevolent Blessing, Shielding Plax, Karametra's Blessing. (I believe proactive protection goes miles farther than a reactive one.)
Part 6: Tutors
Part 7: Win Conditions
Out: Bruna, Light of Alabaster is slow and telegraphed in this build. People won't let her stick to the field. Nissa, Steward of Elements is tough to protect in a Voltron build, while she only offers scry, which your lands can already do.
Part 8: Lands
- You might consider more lands that fix your colors and manipulate the top of your library at will: Terramorphic Expanse, Temple of Plenty, Temple of Enlightenment, Temple of Mystery, Cabaretti Courtyard, Brokers Hideout, Obscura Storefront, Naya Panorama, Esper Panorama.
- Rogue's Passage is great evasion on a land.
- Thriving Grove, Thriving Heath and Thriving Isle are neat fixing, but the Temples are superior since they play into Galea's strategy.
- Path of Ancestry is great if you're in a 5-color deck or in a tribal-heavy creature deck. This build is neither.
- Lumbering Falls is good for suiting Equipments on, but Auras will just go to the graveyard when this land stops being a creature.
- Azorius Chancery, because you don't run the other two bouncelands.
- Razorverge Thicket. You'll soon realize that the later turns are more important than the early ones in EDH. This land is a beast in Modern, but it is far from worth it in Commander unless you're playing a turn-3 win deck.
- Forest and Forest to give room for the two remaining Panoramas. (With all the land searching above, you're probably more likely now to have a target for Utopia Sprawl than before.)
- Seaside Citadel. I know, I know: tri-lands are great and all, but, in this build, I'm trying to bake the top-of-library manipulation into the manabase so you have more free spell slots for your Auras, similar to what I did with Yennett, Cryptic Oddity (to a great success): each land in it has to either enter untapped somehow or change the top card of the library.
If you read this far, congratulations! Here is the list of the deck with all the suggested alterations, in case you want to test it: Galea, Menacing Aura. Good luck and have fun!
5 months ago
Garruk, Cursed Huntsman, Regrowth, Goblin Anarchomancer, Decimate, Hull Breach, Klothys, God of Destiny, Cindervines, Xenagos, God of Revels, Return of the Wildspeaker, The Great Henge, Conduit of Worlds, Graveyard Trespasser Flip, Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Turntimber Symbiosis Flip, Masked Vandal, Shalai, Voice of Plenty, Akroma's Will, Inscription of Abundance, Dromoka's Command, Austere Command, Binding the Old Gods, Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip, Legion's Landing Flip, Assassin's Trophy, Deadly Dispute, Big Score, Hostile Negotiations, Plumb the Forbidden, White Sun's Twilight, Skullclamp, Blood for Bones, Victimize, Liliana, Dreadhorde General, Tyvar's Stand, Temur Battle Rage, Domri, Anarch of Bolas, Domri, Chaos Bringer, Mage Slayer, Embercleave, Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma, Hydra Omnivore, Ilharg, the Raze-Boar, Nylea, God of the Hunt, Kessig Wolf Run, Skarrg, the Rage Pits, Putrefy, Takenuma, Abandoned Mire, Staff of Compleation, Ashnod's Altar, Night's Whisper, Anoint with Affliction, Malakir Rebirth Flip, Black Sun's Twilight, Infectious Bite, Mythos of Nethroi, Tainted Strike, Noxious Revival, Glissa Sunslayer, Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite, Soul Shatter, Arguel's Blood Fast Flip, Yawgmoth's Vile Offering, Rakdos Charm, Despark, Faithless Looting, Reconstruct History, Fracture, Blind Obedience, Thirsting Roots, Migloz, Maze Crusher, Apocalypse Hydra, Destined / Lead, Armed / Dangerous, Unearth, Taunting Elf,
5 months ago
I think the board wipes that hit early at a low cost are best here. Also board wipes that make the creatures deal damage to them selves. Since Gisela, Blade of Goldnight splits it in half on your stuff, it will not kill your creatures, additionally it doubles the damage your opponents creatures would deal to them selves.
Some of the board wipes I recommend are
When paired with your cmdr
Other good ones when paired with your cmdr
Moving on to other good wipes, and noncreature wipes, and choice wipes.