Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Human Warrior
Whenever Mardu Woe-Reaper or another Warrior enters the battlefield under your control, you may exile target creature card from a graveyard. If you do, you gain 1 life.
11 months ago
- Side boards are pretty meta dependent so i would want to know what decks you'll know you will face.
- Wall of omens is amazing in this deck. It draws you a card, and helps keep you alive for the late game.
I would at least consider the following:
Elite Vanguard can still attack for 2 damage, and will trade better on def when running against low cost creatures.
Mardu Woe-Reaper might cost more $ but has an affect as well
Soldier of the Pantheon really good vs 3 color decks being they have more multicolored spells.
Imposing Sovereign slows the game down for you
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben is a $ card so you can ignore it, just one know exists being you might be facing one. Esper Sentinel wrote down and forgot how much it costs, which might be a lot now that i think of it.
- If felt particularly spicy and wanted to go with a more controlling style deck you could put in Timely Reinforcements. Giver of Runes All are cheap 1-2 mana creatures that have an affect. Some of these are better than others, if you only facing mono colored decks then the multi-color interactions are bad, and if your facing a lot of those spells then it has more on an impact than an 0/1 blocker and 2/3 attacker (or i guess at best 4/5).
- Giver of Runes is a more expensive card but it protects your angel which is very good removal. They would need 1 spell for her and the angel.
- There is an arguement for honor the pure however its 2 mana do nothing until we start going which feels like a "win more card" so ill say it exists but wont recommend it.
1 year ago
Okay, I have available the following:
Revitalize , Soul Warden , Mentor of the Meek , Oketra's Last Mercy , Bygone Bishop , Aviary Mechanic , Mardu Woe-Reaper , Make a Stand , Thraben Inspector , Bond of Discipline , Marble Diamond , War Screecher , Binding Mummy , Rally of Wings , Battlefield Promotion , Gideon's Sacrifice , In Oketra's Name , Whitemane Lion ,
1 year ago
Alright, it’s official:
Still debating sliding Winding Canyons and/or Vedalken Orrery back in. I think i’m using both of mine, so i’d need to drop some cash on another... not that having another reserved list card laying around is a terrible thing.
I do love the idea of bringing back more instant speed plays - the deck can already win instant speed with the right set up - but boy is it getting hard to find cuts.
1 year ago
I did a quick mock-up of what all the cards in your deck appear to be doing (mainly for my own uses, so I could see what should maybe be cut, if you care the deck link is Devo's Oketra deck, but with CATEGORIES)--and it seems like Mardu Woe-Reaper could be cut for Esper Sentinel . Low impact, replaceable effect, bleh. If you need more GY hate then Scavenger Grounds could be slotted in, replacing War Room or something.
1 year ago
I love God-Eternal Oketra . I have a life gain oriented deck that is one of my favorites.
This is an interesting take on Oketra, i like the equipment theme since she gets so big with double strike.
Have you thought of using more 1 cmc protection creatures? Dauntless Bodyguard , Alseid of Life's Bounty , Kami of False Hope are awesome. Mardu Woe-Reaper is graveyard hate, and triggers from oketra’s zombies as well.
Check out my deck Bounce and Ye Shall Be Healed for more ideas if you’d like.
1 year ago
Lots of changes in this revision:
Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite is out for Heliod, Sun-Crowned . Heliod will make things bigger and bigger as we gain life, which may help us with a combat win, which is all Elesh norn really did, but also can stack a ton of counters on one creature to sac to Altar of Dementia . Yay mill wins!
Cavalier of Dawn is out for Skyclave Apparition . Apparition was a great suggestion by muddbones and is more abusable than Cavalier. Lowers the cmc curve, and I am not going to miss the possible enchantment recurral. We got that covered.
Odric, Lunarch Marshal is out for Mardu Woe-Reaper . Odric helps with combat wins, but Akroma's Will does it better, and doubles as protection. I hardly ever swing for the win anyways, and the reaper is another cheap creature, and it’s ability will be triggered by ever zombie God-Eternal Oketra makes. Should keep graveyards nice and empty and help against decks that rely on them being filled. Did I mention it gains us LIFE too? Sweet card.
Return to Dust was dropped for Suture Priest . I keep going back and forth with Return... I’ll probably find another spot for it, since I’m a but light on non-creature removal anyways, but for now I wanted more Soul Warden effects. The bonus damage to opponents is nice too.
Austere Command and a Plains were dropped for Ancient Den and Flagstones of Trokair . Den is mostly for turning on Inventors' Fair to tutor out a win, and flagstones synergizes really well with Lotus Field .
1 year ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
1 year ago
Normally in a goblin deck, I'd just suggest running my lords like Goblin King , Goblin Chieftain , etc., and adding more copies of goodstuff like Goblin Grenade and Goblin Chainwhirler . However, to preserve the multiple tribe theme, I think focusing on warrior synergy would be the best idea. A good percentage of your creatures are already warriors and Blood-Chin Fanatic looks like one of the stronger cards in the deck.
Base Camp , Blood-Chin Rager , Kargan Intimidator , Boldwyr Intimidator , Lovisa Coldeyes , Obsidian Battle-Axe , and Raiders' Spoils are some warrior tribal cards in Rakdos, and Chief of the Edge , Chief of the Scale , Arashin Foremost , Herald of Dromoka , Kargan Warleader , and Mardu Woe-Reaper also apply when dipping into Mardu. I know most of these cards are just humans though, so here are some good warriors that fall under the goblinoid umbrella: Bloodmark Mentor , Goblin Bushwhacker , Goblin Cratermaker , Goblin Piledriver , Goblin Rabblemaster , Goblin Trashmaster , Krenko, Mob Boss , Pashalik Mons , Reckless Bushwhacker , Battle Brawler , Brutal Hordechief , Zurgo Bellstriker , Kazuul's Toll Collector , Ogre Battledriver , and Furystoke Giant . Which of these cards is best definitely depends on what your primary strategy is.
Anyway, good luck with your deck!