Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Ascent of the Worthy
Enchantment — Saga
(As this Saga enters the battlefield and after your draw step, put a lore counter on this and activate and/or enable the ability of the saga tied to the required number of lore counters. Sacrifice this after you put a third lore counter on this.)
, : Choose a creature you control. Until your next turn, all damage that would be dealt to creatures you control is dealt to that creature instead.
: Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield with a flying counter on it. That creature is an Angel Warrior in addition to its other types.
Apollo_Paladin on Esper Rites (Competitive)
5 months ago
Upvoted just for seeing another Arena player on here.
I run a similar build and I've found that even with high control, you still get games where you're unable to find good creatures & get them into the graveyard in time.
You might look at Seasoned Hallowblade since the only way I can see for you to discard a big creature you draw is Liliana. He'll let you dump whatever you have in-hand to the graveyard mana-free. I also run Bone Shards since it's not only good control, but is another way to Discard if needed. I'd highly recommend looking at this option, since you have a very limited Creature pool to select from, and running 4 copies of Ulamog only makes it that much more likely he'll be in hand instead of in the graveyard. Liliana is fine and all, but she's also 3 mana , so it seems more optimal to have a couple of lower-mana options for self-discard along side her so that you can prep your Graveyard earlier (and also be able to use her abilities more strategically rather than just self-discarding all the time since that's your only option for doing so currently).
There's also self-mill creatures like Stitcher's Supplier and Mire Triton, both of whom give good value once in play as blockers (which saves you needing to use other control all the time). This can help for games where you draw loads of reanimate cards, but no creatures.
Finally, Ascent of the Worthy is another really good way to pull out a big creature reliably. This combo's especially well with the Seasoned Hallowblade, since you can keep her indestructible if you need to on the first 2 triggers (plus you fill the graveyard with targets for the 3rd ability on Ascent of the Worthy while doing so by discarding to her ability). Unburial Rites is another one I use as well, but I don't like that I have to discard it first in order for it to be a 4-mana option. This often just adds an extra unnecessary step to the build if it's the only reanimate option I've found.
Either way, good luck, +1, and I hope some of my suggestions help -- Cheers!
9 months ago
KongMing I am afraid, blink spells won't work here, since both Archon of Justice and Ashen Rider have to die. I am not 100% certain about Mangara of Corondor, even though I believe he needs to be exild too for the ability to resolve properly. Possible options I see for this deck are Unburial rights, Ascent of the Worthy, Footsteps of the Goryo, Hell's Caretaker or Persist in combination with Village Rites or Reckoner's Bargain.
TypicalTimmy on Commander - Rule 0: Looking …
1 year ago
I'm building a Warden of the First Tree Rule: 0 deck and want to focus on methods of adding / changing his subtype so I can bypass the mana costs for his activated abilities. So far I have identified four cards.
Ascent of the Worthy can make him a Warrior but requires three turns to use, and also requires him to be in the graveyard, so likely not a good idea.
Amorphous Axe is a solid choice
Maskwood Nexus works well, also
Conspiracy does this, too
I can always use graveyard help to get any of these back if I need to. There's also Fendeep Summoner which could theoretically make him a Warrior, but I'd first need to turn him into a land. Usually doing so will remove his abilities, so that's a no-go. I'd also need to change the subtype into Swamp for this combo to work. Too many moving parts so it's not worth it.
Are there really no other cards that do this? If it's just the three or four, I won't spend the time building the deck. I was hoping there would have been more.
I see that none of his abilities last "until end of turn", so they should all be permanent boons. I was just wondering if there were ways around this. You know, because when he is removed from play, I'd have to then pay a ton of mana back into his abilities over and over again. I was hoping there were ways to basically passively keep his subtype changed / added to, thereby bypassing the costs entirely.
2 years ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.