Path to Exile
Exile target creature. Its controller may search their for a basic land card, put that card onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle their library.
|Have (6)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , thirdwhirly , , gildan_bladeborn , CampbellStev , TrystonSpencer|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Path to Exile Discussion
2 hours ago
Aura of Silence Thalia, Guardian of Thraben Thalia, Heretic Cathar Swords to Plowshares Path to Exile Ghostly Prison Damn Grand Abolisher Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite Aven Mindcensor Blind Obedience Ashes of the Abhorrent Smothering Tithe Archon of Emeria Opposition Agent Archfiend of Depravity Dread Linvala, Keeper of Silence Avacyn, Angel of Hope
3 hours ago
Hello. I have been studying Blink Brago Control for few weeks and I have to tell that I probably have found my place in MTG - I need to build this deck. The job that you had done is so good.. I'm gonna create my deck based on yours. Why ? Because your deck is IMO lacking some essential cards and OFC an UPDATE. Yep... you really need an update. Im casual player, any feedback is very appreciated. So I encourage everybody who is reading this to a discussion.
card draw / card selection
Rhystic Study - Every blue commander should play this, why don't we try - gives consistent draw to get more cards..
Mystic Remora - more draw..
Esper Sentinel - kinda new card in magic - gets consistent draw
Dig Through Time - Powerful because of delve.
Luminous Broodmoth - Mass removal - even more profit! more blinking!
Soulherder - Every blink deck, please. This enables to get more blinking triggers and payoffs at the same time.
Disallow - extended counterspell...
Trickbind - counter triggers sometimes are gold worth.
Dovin's Veto - One of the most powerful counterspells in magic. Guesss what. It's Azorius colors ;)
Path to Exile - classic
Lightning Greaves - protect commander
Linvala, Shield of Sea Gate - lets sacrifice it anytime we need...
Thran Dynamo - IMO really underappreciated mana base card.
Teferi, Master of Time - Isn't this a must-play in an BW deck now?
Teferi, Hero of Dominaria - Isn't it too much mana?
5 days ago
I'm unsure if you have a budget or not, but I'd recommend cutting Privileged Position in favor of Greater Auramancy . The CMC is a lot cheaper and as such easier to play. I'd also advise running more permanent removal like Beast Within , Generous Gift , or even things like Afterlife and Path to Exile . I know you're running a life-gain subtheme, but I think either Library of Leng or Wheel of Sun and Moon would be a better fit than Venser's Journal due to the cheaper CMC. The way I view it is if you have cheaper enchantments, you can cast more per turn, in turn drawing more cards per turn. I'd also advise something like Lightning Greaves , as Sythis draws a huge target on herself for being able to easily draw 3+ cards a turn. I'd also advise Luminarch Ascension as it plays into your theme of angels.
If you're open to the idea of other win-cons, one I use in my Sythis deck is Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite or Linvala, Keeper of Silence and Nature's Revolt . Another win-con I've seen people use, albeit I don't use it myself, is Parallax Wave and Opalescence . Essentially, you abuse the stack with Wave, targeting four opponents creatures and then itself. It goes away, and comes back as a creature with five more counters. The original is still exiled, so all of your opponents creatures remain in exile.
If you wanna take a gander at my version of Sythis, you can find it here [EDH] Sythis Enchantress
5 days ago
(You can play up to a playset of each card in modern)
6 days ago
Most EDH decks are going to want 11-ish ramp (extra mana) effects, 10-ish draw effects (that doesn't mean scry!), 36-ish lands, 11-ish interaction pieces (that means 8 things like Chaos Warp , Abrade , Path to Exile , Counterspell , etc., and 3 board wipes like the best of the ones you already have), and then the rest of the deck dedicated to exactly what your strategy is, basically--here that would mean the best available burn spells, some damage increasers ( Torbran, Thane of Red Fell is great), and a few (note I said few!) protection effects.
6 days ago
I've always wanted to build a braids modern deck, but casting a 4 drop in a smallpox deck always seemed a bit risky to me, while running braids without smallpox always seemed too slow. Here are my comments on your list:
You have some cards that don't add enough to your gameplan.
1) Greater Harvester looks cute, but it sucks. A static ability that only affects you, while the only way for it to cause your opponent to sacrifice stuff is to deal combat damage with a 5/6 vanilla creature without any evasion or trample or anything. Even with Braids wiping your opponent's board this card will definitely hurt you more than them. World Queller is still pretty expensive, but has a much nicer effect that lets you choose the permanent type. I probably wouldn't run either but having another 5 cmc Braids is cool.
3) I know you run Thalia, Guardian of Thraben to tax your opponents and make it even harder for them to cast spells along with braids, but you have so many noncreature spells that it's probably not that good here either.
4) Leyline of the Meek synergizes with your token plan, but doesn't help you stretch out the game, deny your opponent resources, or create more tokens for yourself. If you really want to play something to buff your tokens I'd use Intangible Virtue , but I don't recommend it.
5) Timely Reinforcements definitely doesn't fit here. There's a reason it usually isn't played in decks with a lot of other token producers - because then its effect would be useless. Add in braids wiping the opponent's creatures and it becomes even worse. 4 Souls + 4 BB already seems like a good token package to me. It could maybe be a one-of in the sideboard though against hyper-aggressive decks.
6) Cabal Coffers is very questionable, since your land count is probably not going to be that high. If you are going to keep it, definitely add more Urborgs. Also 25 lands is a little high even for a pox deck like this one, I think 24 is the perfect number.
7) Crucible of Worlds does have nice synergy with sacrificing lands (and replaying Flagstones is pretty cool) but a lot of the time you would probably be sacrificing tokens instead. I don't think the card is that great here unless you have Flagstones of Trokair on the field, so if you need space for other cards I would recommend cutting these.
You should probably have more early game resource denial, lower your mana curve, and have more pieces that break symmetry.
1) Braids is a four drop, and doesn't have any impact on the board unless she survives a turn. You definitely need something early game that has a similar effect to braids. I don't think this deck can function without 4x Smallpox .
2) 4x Flagstones of Trokair . No questions asked. Also 2-3 Urborgs (esp if you keep Cabal Coffers). T1 Urborg, Inquisition/Thoughtseize into T2 flagstones + smallpox is backbreaking.
3) Bloodghast gives something to discard to pox, and you can repeatedly sacrifice it to braids as well. Nether Spirit is another option but I don't think it works well here.
4) Multiples of Braids suck, so I'd go down to 3 copies.
5) You could consider Sedgemoor Witch as a token producer instead of Bitterblossom. Not quite as sure about this one; it does something even if you only use the tokens to feed braids and gains life while BB loses life, but it also costs 1 more mana and acts as a juicy removal target. However, with braids on the field you already have removal targets so it probably isn't as much of an issue as it seems.
Your only early game disruption is Thoughtseize. This is definitely not enough.
1) I'd run 6-8 discard spells total between Thoughtseize and Inquisition of Kozilek . Honestly, In my opinion the best is a 4 IoK/2 Seize split, since IoK is better early game and you should be able to prevent your opponent from casting 4+ cmc spells anyways.
2) I understand that you are running Vindicate so you can blow up your opponent's lands, but you should definitely have some cheaper removal. I'd probably cut one and run 2-3 Fatal Push . Bloodchief's Thirst or Prismatic Ending could also work, just anything that isn't Path to Exile .
About the sideboard cards
2) Some boardwipes are probably needed, even though they don't synergize that well with tokens or braids. Without them, you'll just get run over by aggressive decks. Best ones are Damn and Bontu's Last Reckoning (first one is more of a 1-2x mainboard card, while second one is probably a 2-of in the sideboard).
1 week ago
Lordchaos187 Splashing a third color just for bolt is not worth it, especially when there is already so much good removal in WB colors ( Path to Exile , Fatal Push , Vindicate , Solitude , Anguished Unmaking , Prismatic Ending )
1 week ago
Are you sure you want this to be a modern deck? It could currently either be a modern or a pioneer deck, and you should probably choose one and stick with it.
If you choose modern, Doomed Traveler fits the theme of the deck pretty well. Teysa, Orzhov Scion is a powerhouse that gives all your creatures afterlife, doubles as removal, and is another instant-speed sac outlet. Honestly, she's the only reason I would consider playing an afterlife deck in modern. Xathrid Necromancer is another option that generates tons of tokens off of most of your creatures, and it works really well with Hero of Precinct One .
This deck definitely needs a playset of Fatal Push for removal which works in either format, plus maybe some Path to Exile or Vindicate if you choose to stick with modern. Mortify is bad in both formats so I'd cut it. 4x Kaya's Wrath is definitely overkill and might not be the best choice, since even though your board would have a bunch of spirits it would still wipe a lot of your creatures.
Giant Killer is just bad outside of standard. Athreos and Ethereal Absolution are also too slow, and I don't think Sorin adds enough to the gameplan to justify including him. Teysa Karlov obviously synergizes a lot but I'd take her out since she doesn't have any immediate board impact (while the other Teysa can have its abilities activated at instant speed to do a bunch of stuff in response). Not sure if Corpse Knight is worth it either. The other Athreos, Athreos, God of Passage , might be worth trying as a 1-of.