Yahenni, Undying Partisan
Legendary Creature — Aetherborn Vampire
Whenever a creature an opponent controls dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Yahenni, Undying Partisan.
Sacrifice another creature: Yahenni gains indestructible until end of turn.
|Have (4)||Candyman949 , metalmagic , lorddarkstar ,|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Yahenni, Undying Partisan occurrence in decks from the last year
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Yahenni, Undying Partisan Discussion
2 months ago
OK here are some cards to look at based on what you like:
Also, Sol Ring is not legal in anything but commander. Dark Ritual is only legal in vintage, legacy, commander (not modern or standard). If this is just to play casually, that won't matter. I just tend to build format legal decks just incase lol.
3 months ago
I love mono black (i am looking at building one myself)...here are some possible adds:
Non-Creatures: Thoughtseize Sorin, Imperious Bloodlord Quagmire to counter anyone with swampwalk which you're vulnerable to Funeral Charm, Leshrac's Rite, and Nighthaze all give additional creatures swampwalk...to use with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth Blanket of Night, Evil Presence, Tainted Well among others, all can turn an opponent's land into a swamp to combo with swampwalk and make some creatures unblockable Call the Bloodline
Lands: Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth for the swampwalk creatures
3 months ago
I would recommend you to try Drana, Liberator of Malakir and Yahenni, Undying Partisan. Another funny card is Bloodchief Ascension, yo will punish your opnents every time a card goes to a graveyard, and with vito in play you do 4 damage and gain 2 life with each card sent to the graveyard.
4 months ago
Thanks for the suggestions pretendingtoalright. I recently took out the Sifter of Skulls and Pawn of Ulamog for Furnace Celebration and Serrated Scorpion. I have only played one game so far with this deck as my play group only gets together once a month or so. I need to play a few more games with it to see where it needs some more help. The first game was fun though, one friend played a board wipe and I was able to keep Yahenni, Undying Partisan and he was huge. I didn't win the game but the deck seemed to be working well until I ate a bunch of poison counters >_<
5 months ago
I am looking to improve the Ruthless Regiment deck, whose main commander is Jirina Koudro.
For the game plan: human tribal, mardu, aggro aggressive (creatures that can be launched quickly and evolve) and with some midrange effects.
I've already tried several games with Silvar, Devourer of the Free in command, but it didn't do me any more.
Where I'm having the most trouble is identifying which cards to remove and which to add to the counterpart.
My budget to start all these modifications is about $50 and i will make it evolve later.
I've identified a few cards that I like:
- General Kudro of Drannith
- Cruel Celebrant
- Demonic Tutor
- Outlaws' Merriment
- Judith, the Scourge Diva
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation
- Mikaeus, the Lunarch
- Swords to Plowshares
- Yahenni, Undying Partisan
- Tajic, Legion's Edge
I also heard about the combo with these cards:
Thank you all
6 months ago
Wow! I mean, this is some seriously next level deck tech doctoring. Thank you so much for your time! I agree with everything you've said, and have tinkered with it somewhat today by swapping in some creatures with similar abilities like you've mentioned.
I'm still kind of new to building EDH decks so this was really cool. Cheers!!
6 months ago
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death was one of the first generals I built a commander deck around and I've been tuning mine ever since.
Replacements I would make
- Replace Dolmen Gate with Reconnaissance since it costs 1 less and also can untap your creatures after damage has been dealt to give them pseudo-vigilance.
- Replace Angel of Invention with Marionette Master since if you get infinite ETBs on marionette master, you can sac the infinite tokens to deal infinite damage.
Other cards I might suggest
- Add Moriok Replica is the best card I have in my Alesha deck, it can draw you so many cards every turn.
- Add Panharmonicon/Flameshadow Conjuring so you can get double ETB triggers.
- Add Torch Fiend and Kami of Ancient Law for repeatable artifact/enchantment removal.
- Add Remorseful Cleric for repeatable graveyard hate.
- Add Magus of the Disk for a repeatable board wipe.
- Add Yahenni, Undying Partisan since he's a free sac outlet that can draw you cards and can also be recurred using Alesha.
Combos I might suggest
- Add Reveillark/Sun Titan + Karmic Guide + a sac outlet + a creature with an ETB trigger like Murderous Redcap = infinite ETBs.
- Add Vesperlark + Felidar Guardian + a sac outlet = infinite sacrifices.
- Add Sun Titan + Gift of Immortality + a sac outlet = infinite sacrifices.
- Add Zealous Conscripts + Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker = infinite hasty pirates.
Cards I recommend ditching:
- Remove Carrion Grub Its basically 4 mana for 4 cards milled, that isn't worth it.
- Remove Sunforger You only have 6 legal Sunforger targets, it isn't worth it to keep it in.
- Remove Dictate of Erebos You don't need this if you can just get a Ravenous Chupacabra out and keep recurring it.
- Remove Mindclaw Shaman This was a card that I found didn't do much when I played it, there are alot of other creatures with better ETB effects.
- Remove Relic Seeker There isn't much of a need to fetch a piece of equipment since you only have Sunforger, Sword of the Animist, and Skullclamp.
Feel Free to check out my RBW Alesha's Beautiful Smile combo deck for ideas.
6 months ago
I'm going to suggest a lot of possible cards to give you options, but I'm not saying they should all go in the deck!
Here's some additional sac outlets, since I think they'll be useful for keeping your creatures flowing:
Yahenni, Undying Partisan
Yawgmoth, Thran Physician
And here are some cards that go well with doing damage and saccing creatures:
Dictate of Erebos
Butcher of Malakir
Chandra's Ignition (deals double damage to the chosen player and is also a panic button)
Hope that gives you a good starting point. However, I don't think Saskia is necessarily a high synergy commander. If you're really looking for synergy and/or combo decks (since you have Aluren in the deck), I'd recommend Korvold, Fae-Cursed King, Prossh, Skyraider of Kher, or Meren of Clan Nel Toth.