Yahenni, Undying Partisan
Legendary Creature — Aetherborn Vampire
Whenever a creature an opponent controls dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Yahenni, Undying Partisan.
Sacrifice another creature: Yahenni gains indestructible until end of turn.
|Have (3)||gildan_bladeborn , , metalmagic|
Printings View all
|Aether Revolt (AER)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Yahenni, Undying Partisan Discussion
3 weeks ago
Wow! I mean, this is some seriously next level deck tech doctoring. Thank you so much for your time! I agree with everything you've said, and have tinkered with it somewhat today by swapping in some creatures with similar abilities like you've mentioned.
I'm still kind of new to building EDH decks so this was really cool. Cheers!!
3 weeks ago
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death was one of the first generals I built a commander deck around and I've been tuning mine ever since.
Replacements I would make
- Replace Dolmen Gate with Reconnaissance since it costs 1 less and also can untap your creatures after damage has been dealt to give them pseudo-vigilance.
- Replace Angel of Invention with Marionette Master since if you get infinite ETBs on marionette master, you can sac the infinite tokens to deal infinite damage.
Other cards I might suggest
- Add Moriok Replica is the best card I have in my Alesha deck, it can draw you so many cards every turn.
- Add Panharmonicon/Flameshadow Conjuring so you can get double ETB triggers.
- Add Torch Fiend and Kami of Ancient Law for repeatable artifact/enchantment removal.
- Add Remorseful Cleric for repeatable graveyard hate.
- Add Magus of the Disk for a repeatable board wipe.
- Add Yahenni, Undying Partisan since he's a free sac outlet that can draw you cards and can also be recurred using Alesha.
Combos I might suggest
- Add Reveillark/Sun Titan + Karmic Guide + a sac outlet + a creature with an ETB trigger like Murderous Redcap = infinite ETBs.
- Add Vesperlark + Felidar Guardian + a sac outlet = infinite sacrifices.
- Add Sun Titan + Gift of Immortality + a sac outlet = infinite sacrifices.
- Add Zealous Conscripts + Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker = infinite hasty pirates.
Cards I recommend ditching:
- Remove Carrion Grub Its basically 4 mana for 4 cards milled, that isn't worth it.
- Remove Sunforger You only have 6 legal Sunforger targets, it isn't worth it to keep it in.
- Remove Dictate of Erebos You don't need this if you can just get a Ravenous Chupacabra out and keep recurring it.
- Remove Mindclaw Shaman This was a card that I found didn't do much when I played it, there are alot of other creatures with better ETB effects.
- Remove Relic Seeker There isn't much of a need to fetch a piece of equipment since you only have Sunforger, Sword of the Animist, and Skullclamp.
Feel Free to check out my RBW Alesha's Beautiful Smile combo deck for ideas.
3 weeks ago
I'm going to suggest a lot of possible cards to give you options, but I'm not saying they should all go in the deck!
Here's some additional sac outlets, since I think they'll be useful for keeping your creatures flowing:
Yahenni, Undying Partisan
Yawgmoth, Thran Physician
And here are some cards that go well with doing damage and saccing creatures:
Dictate of Erebos
Butcher of Malakir
Chandra's Ignition (deals double damage to the chosen player and is also a panic button)
Hope that gives you a good starting point. However, I don't think Saskia is necessarily a high synergy commander. If you're really looking for synergy and/or combo decks (since you have Aluren in the deck), I'd recommend Korvold, Fae-Cursed King, Prossh, Skyraider of Kher, or Meren of Clan Nel Toth.
1 month ago
I don't want to seem overly critical but you really need to lower the avg. cmc of your creatures by a LOT. You're currently at 4.62 avg. cmc on your creatures which is astronomically high.
You have a total of 5 creatures that cost or less and by comparison you have 17 creatures that cost to mana. This will result in VERY clunky opening hands where you consistently aren't doing anything for the first several turns and you'll hardly ever reach that sweet spot where you're able to chain multiple spells on the same turn.
Here's a list of all the and under creatures in my Marchesa list and her maybeboard that are $5 or less. Baleful Strix, Drana, Liberator of Malakir, Grim Haruspex, Legion Loyalist, Liliana's Standard Bearer, Midnight Reaper, Oona's Blackguard, Sage of Fables, Vigean Graftmage, Yahenni, Undying Partisan, Burglar Rat, Chasm Skulker, Fulminator Mage, and Judith, the Scourge Diva. I would cut from the top of your curve and work you way down.
Like I said, just trying to help. Feel free to check out my list for inspiration, it's one of the top rated Marchesa lists on this site and there's also a decent sized maybeboard and over 90 comments to sift through for more ideas. Upvotes are appreciated Got 99 Upvotes And A Bitch Ain't One - Marchesa
2 months ago
Oh, one last thing. You can choose to have Nethroi, Apex of Death mutate off an indestructible creature too which is how you'll guarantee your mutate triggers. I'd recommend running creatures such as: Bontu the Glorified, Darksteel Myr, Predator Ooze, Rhonas the Indomitable and Yahenni, Undying Partisan. Indestructible commanders are pretty baller.
2 months ago
Also, maybe a few Castle Locthwain could help you when running out of gas.
2 months ago
XinZhao, Guerte: I think I will slot in Return of the Wildspeaker, but I got a foil Compost, so I might try that out at some point as well. I face mainly black and green in my meta, so it kinda fits well.
I agree with _Arra_, being able to creature tutor out a win with Craterhoof Behemoth is way different then Akroma's Memorial. Memorial definitely lays the hurt on when it comes out, but it very rarely wins games at the same level as Craderhoof.
I was not a fan of Sylvan Awakening when I played it previously. Maybe it is worth a relook.. but I would rather play something else to be honest. I wish our colors had creature sac outlet like Yahenni, Undying Partisan or Viscera Seer. What do you think about Repercussion? It plays into the burn strategy and combat as well.
Rasaru: Thanks! I think the deck is pretty amazing too! A good start for a budget built is fixing up the lands. There are many cheaper budget fetches out there, they just make the lands come in tapped most of the time. If you cut the money cards like Gaea's Cradle, Taiga, Wheel of Fortune, and Mana Crypt you will be really close. Most of my decks value is the fact that it is foiled out.
I love Reliquary Tower. I am almost always happy to have it, or hope to draw it. This deck draws a ton of cards, many of which we want to keep in our hands.
Expect an update this week!
3 months ago
Glad you like it. I feel the deck might need another sacrifice outlet as well, especially since none of your current ones are free, either requiring tapping or paying mana. Woe Strider and Yahenni, Undying Partisan seem pretty good for this, and if you think your mana base can support it Ayara, First of Locthwain might be nice as well. Perhaps put one of these in to replace Cliffhaven Vampire, the card doesn’t seem to fit as well. This is just what I see with the deck though, and may not be what you’re looking for at all. Hope you find this helpful again.