Return target nonland permanent you don't control to its owner's hand.
Overload (You may cast this spell for its overload cost. If you do, change its text by replacing all instances of "target" with "each.")
|Have (3)||, Horizon97 , metalmagic|
|Want (15)||czechers12 , Asfael , Authorauthor , Raskafall , watchy0ubac , iBryguy , amukroyale , JazzCrimes , Thingdo , Runed_Servitor , videoman , Chanman00 , VinnyTheStick , Tinnuki , CJ_Crispy_97|
Printings View all
|Double Masters (2XM)||Rare|
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
|Return to Ravnica (RTR)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Cyclonic Rift occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Cyclonic Rift Discussion
36 minutes ago
Agreed. You have too many creatures and not enough of the prowess enablers themselves. Cyclonic Rift is only expensive because EDH -- you're never gonna cast it for overload in this deck so it's basically pointless. If you really want efficient bounce spells I would consider Vapor Snag or Void Snare
16 hours ago
Hey, nice to see someone else is trying to make Avacyn competitive! Here are some thoughts from my own Avacyn deck, I’m still in the process of building it as well. :)
Personally I like Helm of Awakening, Thought Vessel and Arcane Signet. These are cheap rocks that don’t come in tapped allowing you to ramp a little more efficiently (especially since white needs all the help it can get with ramp)
Sensei's Divining Top (Card quality)
Avacyn is a huge threat and most people will definitely try to stop you from using her by: countering her summoning, exiling her, -x/-x, sacrifice, copying or stealing her.
Teferi's Protection is complete board protection. Probably the best defense white has.
Arcane Lighthouse is useful in circumstances that someone copies or steals your Avacyn.
Oblation (shuffles back into deck)
Condemn (puts attacking creature at the bottom of its owner’s library)
Counter Spells: (Not that there are many in white).
Ghostly Prison (useful with low monster count decks)
Void Winnower (works well with Avacyn)
Elspeth Tirel (Token blockers, board wipes)
Elspeth, Sun's Champion (token blockers, board wipes)
Elspeth, Knight-Errant (“Avacyn” emblem, which could help take some focus off her)
Good Luck! I hope the deck building goes well! :)
16 hours ago
If you have Risen Reef, Zendikar's Roil is a must include for a potentially infinite and always hilarious combo! Take out Brainstorm, that card is stupidly overrated unless your deck focuses on topdecking, otherwise it practically does nothing. I'd also recommend throwing in some landfall cards with the amount of ways you have to get lands onto the battlefield. Try out Tatyova, Benthic Druid, Ob Nixilis, the Fallen, Avenger of Zendikar, and Roil Elemental. I'd also recommended taking out Ponder based off the same reasoning of brainstorm, Steel Hellkite because it's usually not going to get through is too slow with much better targeted removal available to you, Briarhorn because I have no idea why it is in your deck, AEtherize because it is too dependent on the situation (go for Cyclonic Rift which just got the reprint), Barrin, Tolarian Archmage because the theme of your deck isn't bouncing and there are better removal spells out there, Gitaxian Probe because it just shouldn't be in this deck, Thought Scour due to the same reasoning of brainstorm and ponder, and Gray Merchant of Asphodel because your devotion to black doesn't seem like it would be that high to me. Here is a list of some better removal spells to consider, keeping the double etb triggers in mind: Ravenous Chupacabra, Reclamation Sage, Beast Within, Assassin's Trophy, Shadowborn Demon, Agent of Treachery
Also, I'd highly recommend more ramp in the form of the talismans/signets just so the deck can run more soothly, especially with your higher mana curve.
1 day ago
- cut Doomed Dissenter since it can't be recast with your commander, and there are plenty of 2/2 zombies for 2 which can
- cut Festering Mummy because in commander, most creatures will not die with a couple of -1/-1 counters. Consider keeping it if your opponents play lots of mana dorks such as Llanowar Elves
- cut Ghoulraiser, your commander casts a zombie of your choice from the graveyard anyway
- cut Liliana's Steward, targeted discard is bad in commander. You and the targeted opponent lose a card, but your other two opponents don't.
- cut Increasing Ambition, it simply costs too much mana for the effect in my opinion
- cut Sealed Fate, it's pretty bad unless your opponent just used a Worldly Tutor or something
- cut Shamble Back, you don't want to exile your own creatures, and it's a pretty poor form of graveyard hate.
- cut Remove Soul, if you're paying 2 mana for a counterspell, you want it to hit more than just creatures
- cut Spell Snuff, 3 mana counterspells are too expensive
- cut Vile Rebirth for the same reason as Shamble Back
- cut Manalith and Nyx Lotus. When you're in 2 colours, you generally don't want to pay more than 2 mana to ramp. Plus if you ramp on turn 2, you'll have 4 mana on turn 3, allowing you to cast your commander early
- cut Telepathy, it's not worth using a card to see your opponents hand unless you're playing something specific like maybe Sen Triplets.
- For semi-budget 2-colour deck, your mana base looks pretty good. I would just cut Skyline Cascade, having it come in tapped isn't worth it for it's effect in commander. You can probably just play a basic island in its place.
If you want to upgrade your mana base, avoid lands that come in tapped like Dimir Guildgate. A few suggestions would be Command Tower, Choked Estuary, Darkwater Catacombs, Drowned Catacomb, Tainted Isle, Underground River, Watery Grave.
I hope that was helpful! Here's a link to my The Scarab God commander deck which has a pretty similar zombie tribal theme to what you have. Take a look through it and maybe you'll find more cards that I forgot to mention. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask!
2 days ago
3 days ago
***The major problem is Simic Growth Chamber. This requires you to return 2 lands to your hand. Remove immediately!!!!!!!!!!!!! *******
You have a curve of ~3.6 with 35 lands and zero mana acceleration. Bring land count to 36. This will allow you to hit your 4th land drop 3.5% more often and 5th land drop 2.1% more often.
You're also missing a significant number of value cards for Yarok builds.
- Mulldrifter and Shriekmaw are great utility spells for this deck.
- Sol Ring should be in every commander deck, with the exception of 2 decks.
- Panharmonicon doubles as Yarok, worth the slot.
- Ravenous Chupacabra is a good kill spell.
- Cyclonic Rift, unless budget is an issue, should be in every blue deck.
- Cheap options to increase mana availability mid-late game include Farseek, Into the North, Rampant Growth, Nature's Lore, Kodama's Reach, Cultivate. A good rule of thumb to start off with is dedicate 10 slots to mana ramp in every commander deck. Include a minimum of 4 of these and Sol Ring.
The following are great value additions to also consider.
3 days ago
Hey, you're welcome.
Two drop Forks may be boring, but they're also some of the best cards/most mana efficient with Kalamax. The efficiency comes from copying an opponent's instant/sorcery which then gives you two copies of that spell as well as putting infinite counters on Kalamax. This is a ridiculous amount of value from a two mana card. Since a Fork can copy an opponent's instant/sorcery this makes them in multiplayer Commander really never dead cards unless your opponents are not casting instants/sorceries. Infinite counters onto Kalamax are a bonus; the real value with Forks comes from the copying and then copying again of the instant/sorcery.
Forks are also excellent with your own sorceries which with Kalamax gives you two copies plus the original spell for a total of three. Kalamax + Chandra's Ignition + a Fork is game over for your opponents. Merchant Scroll, Regrowth and Preordain are already good mana efficient sorceries that become even better with a Fork or Ral. Ral is a good card with Kalamax and a bonus is he can copy a sorcery you cast.
If having problems with Kalamax getting locked down than consider adding more removal that can remove a permanent? Especially an enchantment or artifact since these permanents can lock down Kalamax much easier than a creature can. Currently you have Beast Within and Cyclonic Rift that can do this and you don't want to have to bounce an opponent's permanent that's locking down Kalamax, you want to destroy it/tuck it. Some instant creature removal is good to have, but other permanent removal is in my opinion much more important. Having Mystical Tutor lets you cut down on creature removal (tutor for it if you need it) and instead play other permanent removal which will have more targets to remove to help Kalamax.