This spell costs less to cast for each creature on the battlefield.
This deals 13 damage to each creature.
|Have (7)||Morpho-peleides , Tarzanovic , metalmagic , , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , danaran117 , sepheroth119|
|Want (11)||PatrickA , Azvac , valkerye , uhore , Mlord , TrevStar7 , Secretagentmjl , Cool_Cat , Gorenzel , bladeoathkeeper , Aizakku|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Blasphemous Act Discussion
23 hours ago
Great theme song! I like the style of what you've built here and would play it as-is right now!
- Breena isn't card draw. It's a good card though. Also your monarch cards count as card draw. ;)
- Faithless Looting would be better if you were running Reanimate or recursion spells. Night's Whisper might be better.
- Mythos of Snapdax is OK but probably hits your own permanents harder than you'd like. Consider Blasphemous Act, Vanquish the Horde, Wrath of God or my latest personal favorite Promise of Loyalty there. Those still hit your creatures too but on an empty board monarch shines.
- Open the Armory is good but Fighter Class was built for Sunforger.
- Everyone has their own preference for win conditions in control decks. Debt to the Deathless, Exsanguinate, Torment of Hailfire, Master of Cruelties, Approach of the Second Sun, and Revel in Riches are all popular. One I found recently that might be interesting is Near-Death Experience. It needs support cards to make it work but they are spicy like Stunning Reversal and Plunge into Darkness. It also pairs with Master of Cruelties and life swap spells. This list is a good example for more ideas is you like that path.
Here is my Queen Marchesa deck with its own theme song (less original than yours). You might like it.
Have fun ruling the battlefield!
1 day ago
Hey! Kinda late, but I would like to suggest some stuff:
(Disclaimer: I have a budget way lower than yours, but I've been tinkering with Ghired for almost two years - he's my favorite commander. I'll break the suggested upgrades down into categories for better organization.)
- You need them for Ghired and his tokens to attack right away, as well as to use your creatures with tap abilities on demand. Please consider Hammer of Purphoros in addition to Lightning Greaves and Fires of Yavimaya. The Hammer can even create tokens if needed.
Ramp: Run at least 15 ramp cards to make your deck flow smoother and faster.
As an aggressive deck, speed is fundamental. Fellwar Stone, Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Skyshroud Elf, Bloom Tender, Faeburrow Elder, Chromatic Lantern, Coalition Relic, Wood Elves, Skyshroud Claim and Mirari's Wake can ramp and heavily fix your mana, taking the place of Gyre Sage, Solemn Simulacrum, Rampant Growth, Sakura-Tribe Elder and Xenagos, the Reveler - the latter is a win-more ramp, and his 2/2 token is not large enough to synergize with the power-based card draw, while the other four fix for a single color of mana (Ghired decks can sometimes be color-hungry), and this deck can't abuse the sad robot for value.
In the land department, Krosan Verge and Blighted Woodland pull their weight, and synergize greatly with Avenger of Zendikar and Rampaging Baloths. Maybe remove Cascading Cataracts? (Your spells are not THAT color hungry.)
Have you considered Warstorm Surge and Terror of the Peaks as a mean to do damage even before attacking? The dragon can even be cloned with Flamerush Rider, Flameshadow Conjuring and Soul Foundry for extra copies of the same effect (the game ends quiiiickly after that). I'd remove Dragonmaster Outcast for that, since its effect is slow (albeit amazing if he lasts on the field).
Extra combats: You don't have to worry about your opponents' answers if they never get to their turn, so...
- Moraug, Fury of Akoum, Aurelia, the Warleader, Combat Celebrant, Scourge of the Throne (I believe there is an infinite combo involving those two), Savage Beating, Response / Resurgence, Breath of Fury (always attach it to your disposable tokens to keep attacking).
Winds of Abandon might replace Hour of Reckoning. I don't really like to lose Ghired on a boardwipe, since he costs 7 mana to recast. Winds of Abandon also works as evasion for your creatures, since your opponents won't have creatures to block. As for the ramp it offers, an opponent can't do anything with the extra lands if he/she's dead, right? :-)
Card draw: Alongside ramp, it is my main concern with Ghired. I want to be able to rebuild my board after a boardwipe.
I believe that Camaraderie can be substituted for Shamanic Revelation as the latter cost less mana. Mouth / Feed is another option that creates its own big token. Return of the Wildspeaker can either draw cards or buff creatures for an alpha strike.
Keeper of Fables triggers all other power-based card draw, while giving easy draw triggers to all your trampling creatures. Elder Gargaroth is a buffed, more versatile version of it. And remember: both can be cloned for extra juicy draw or extra tokens.
Sylvan Library is an overall great card filter for your regular draws. It gets better with shufflers like fetchlands and tutors.
Since your deck is focused on attacking and getting extra combat steps, Etali, Primal Storm might be a fun way to play your opponents' cards while lowering their life points.
Some cards I suggest you to remove:
- Sundering Growth: you already have enough flexible removal. You will almost never be in a situation in which the token to copy and the artifact/enchantment to remove are optimal choices. Since you're running Eladamri's Call, Reclamation Sage might be worth including (and cloned for the enjoyment of your friends).
- Starnheim Unleashed: one token is too little for a whole card slot in the deck. If you're foretelling, it costs a lot of mana to be worthwhile. The game might be over before that.
- Growing Ranks: waiting a whole rotation to get a token which does not even have haste is not ideal.
- Ghired's Belligerence, Full Flowering: good for a late game play, mostly dead until then. I like those, but I removed them in favor of more mid-game cards, since I might not last until 9+ mana.
- Trostani, Selesnya's Voice: while on-theme, it does little to advance your win condition.
- Thunderfoot Baloth: not an amazing buff. Your creatures are big already, and Garruk's Uprising takes care of the evasion.
- Feldon of the Third Path: all-star when there is a lot of graveyard filling - there is none in this deck. (I really tried to keep him on my deck because I like the card, but most of the time there was no creature in my graveyard.)
- Eldrazi Displacer: are you using it for a combo? I couldn't identify it.
Some cool lands for you to try out: (landbase is my favorite part of deckbuilding)
- Castle Garenbrig: how easily do you have access to a Forest for it to be worth including in your deck?
- Rogue's Passage: can sometimes help you to finish an opponent.
- Scavenger Grounds: if you face graveyard-centric decks (you don't seem to use your graveyard much).
- Hanweir Battlements Meld: another haste enabler.
- Gargoyle Castle: sometimes you need a flying token. (I rarely use it, but I like to have the option.)
- Gemstone Caverns: a turn-0 ramp when the first turn is not yours.
- Bonders' Enclave: card draw on a land (easily accessible).
- Mana Confluence, Battlefield Forge, Karplusan Forest, Brushland, Horizon Canopy, Sunbaked Canyon, Prismatic Vista, Cragcrown Pathway Flip, Branchloft Pathway Flip, Needleverge Pathway Flip: more untapped dual lands.
I hope I've been of some help to you. I didn't suggest many token-related cards because I believe that, as long as you have decent ramp, draw and removal in your deck, you can win to your heart's content. Wanna throw in a Godsire? Do it. Prefer to clone your opponents' creatures with Hate Mirage? Go ahead. But the fundamentals of the deck is what makes it flow consistently. Have fun and smash 'em all (and run Doubling Season for extra fun) ;-)
3 days ago
Hi Profet93 and thank you so much for your valuable input on my Norin deck! He is by far one of my favorite commanders. I get t he impression you have been running Norin for some time considering all of the recommendations you have provided me.
I will do my best to address each item:
Yes the Hero's Blade was in there just for that reason but in recent play I have found that it has not provided me with enough value to warrant it remaining in the deck. I also was running equipment protection with Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots, but again the value was not there. Sure they would protect the extra creatures in the deck but did not provide a step forward in the game. I have since removed these and have added one of your recommendations. Heat Shimmer and Dualcaster Mage. These two plus Imperial Recruiter seemed like the right changes considering the Recruiter can fetch virtually half of the creatures in the deck . The additional win con is a nice touch as well.
I find with such a low mana curve I have not run into mana issues. I will also be removing Shadowspear as well adding in Smoke as well as Gauntlet of Power. the mana ramp will assist with the low mana rate as well.
So far out of 18 games I have played Norin as won a Whopping 14! This has come from a variety of ways with ETB Purphoros, God of the Forge, Genesis Chamber, Repercussion + Blasphemous Act or mass creature damage with Glacial Chasm on board. nominal creature damage and of course politics. Norin never really feels like a threat to anyone until he goes off. Evenly depleting everyone for damage without being the aggressor.
some of the items you recommended like Lightning Bolt / Outpost Siege do not tickle my fancy due to the singular damage. I prefer equal damage for political reasons and the simple fact that 1 damage per ETB is not enough for my liking.
Now Terror of the Peaks is on order for me already and Ruby Medallion and Sensei's Divining Top are both great suggestions that I will be scouting out additional copies to add to Norin. Very valuable recommendations!
I Prefer the Curse over the Sword due to the low CMC and lack of equip cost. The Wheel of Misfortune is also a quality suggestion and an extra wheel effect that could prove valuable mid to late game. Light Up the Stage and Ignite the Future do seem good. I did consider them during my initial build but leaned towards Stolen Strategy for the repeat effect. Most games I hold onto Warstorm Surge and Confusion in the Ranks for both their high CMC and lack of board utility. I might give your two suggestions another kick at the can!
I do have an extra Crucible of Worlds on tap that I could use and that coupled with fetches could trim down the deck thoughout the game. I like your idea on this.
I have no budget for this deck so i am also considering the better more powerful Gauntlet of Might but having trouble locating one! My playgroup is ULTRA aggressive hence the style of this build.
All in all I am having loads of fun with Norin. He is slowly becoming my most played deck and with some of these suggestions I am looking forward to seeing how they fair in battle!
I thank you for your beefy comment and time you took with the recommendations my friend. When I have some free time I will check out your profile and decks. Return the favor you gave me :) Cheers!
3 days ago
Hi, Thank you very much for the analysis which is really very accurate and technically good. The Defiant Strike card is definitely in there, as well as individual 2-color countries! Probably haven't updated the deck yet... sry
Sudden Breakthrough is definitely very interesting because you can push and maybe if you have mana left over you can also save mana (treasure tokens)! Thanks a lot for this
Blacksmith's Skill is also worth considering, 1 mana wards are very useful
I once had Angelfire Ignition on the shortlist but decided against it because it's a sorcery and costs 3 mana but it's still a good card, maybe it'll be tested sometime.
Mavinda, Students' Advocate is also great if a spell come in the graveyard, also it can fly herself and is good for pushing. I'll think about it too. I think I updated the deck correctly last time before Strixhaven ^^.
I actually have Blasphemous Act twice one in the Sliver Horde deck and even one left. Since I don't play with many creatures and also have many protective spells, it would definitely be worth considering, thanks!
Sol Ring is always good ^^ but i need colors to cast my cheap spells.
Yes, I'll rebuild the deck when I have time, but I have to say it's good for the price! It's the most hated together with my Tergrid, God of Fright; Germinate from the deaddeck in our gaming group of 5 people.
It's quick to set up and usually kills the first player between 5-7 turns and mostly with commander damage
Thanks again for the analysis and always upvote!
4 days ago
1 week ago
Hey mlequesne, thanks for commenting!
I think adding Forbidden Orchard is an inspired idea, great suggestion! The infinite lifelink combo on Boros Reckoner is also definitely something I will look into. That's a great close reading of the card's rule text :)
Blasphemous Act does synergize with my creatures, but I do think it might destroy many viable targets for Piru, which would diminish her effect. I'll see about running it as a supplemental boardwipe ;)
1 week ago
Hi friend, nice deck! I love your boldness.
I have some suggestions for you:
first of all Fiery Emancipation is perfect for your deck (I know it's in the maybeboard)
Forbidden Orchard feels like a good land, it gives you any color and creates creatures to be destroyed later
I love that you play en-kor creatures, maybe you can try the cheaper ones.
Shadowspear can help you deal with your opponent's indestructibility and also if you attach it to Stuffy Doll or his friends it can give you a lot of life. (I just realized that if you manage to make Boros Reckoner indestuctible and attach Shadowspear to them, you have a infinite life loop)
- Finally, talking about indestructible: Darksteel Plate can help you make your crew unkillable
See you around :) Congratz on your fabulous deck
1 week ago
Hey, nice version of Feather for less than $100 bucks.
Defiant Strike is another instant one drop good card draw with Feather. Sudden Breakthrough, Angelfire Ignition and Blacksmith's Skill are three powerful for their mana costs new budget spells for Feather. Angerfire alone can replace a lot of cards because of so many effects it gives for three mana and flashback is a bonus. Cards Angelfire makes redundant here are Gird for Battle, Desperate Stand, Swift Justice, Sure Strike.
Mavinda, Students' Advocate is nice with instants for Feather letting you cast one on each player's turn from your graveyard and then exile it with Feather. This effect is helpful to cast instants when you don't control Feather to then when you do control Feather get those instants back.
Budget Chain Reaction and more expensive price Blasphemous Act wrecks opponent's creatures and not Feather because you have so much indestructible and color protection. Protection from red prevents damage from Reaction or Act.
Consider more ramp especially staple mana rock Sol Ring? Talisman of Conviction, Star Compass and Sudden Breakthrough will also help with color fixing. Battlefield Forge, Furycalm Snarl and Temple of Triumph are some budget Boros dual lands that could replace a few basic lands.
Some cards to consider cutting are you could cut a few basic lands for more ramp. Aurelia, Exemplar of Justice and Favored Hoplite are the two lesser creatures here. Settle Beyond Reality's effect is not worth five mana at sorcery speed. Martial Glory and Inordinate Rage are subpar pump spells compared to the others here. If you choose to add Angelfire then Gird for Battle, Desperate Stand, Swift Justice, Sure Strike are not really needed.
Good luck with your deck.