Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay . If you do, draw a card.
|Have (3)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , abritt , CompleteWaste|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Seer's Sundial Discussion
2 months ago
Other possible cards for consistent card draw would be Mind's Eye, Seer's Sundial, Staff of Nin or Jayemdae Tome. They each have their strengths and weaknesses. And of the three only Mind's Eye costs anything.
3 months ago
Hey, nice version with a very low budget.
Some budget changes to consider:
- Sol Ring --> Rampant Elephant
- Valakut Exploration --> 1x Mountain
- Garruk's Uprising --> Thicket Crasher
- Greater Good --> Silverglade Elemental
- Garruk's Packleader --> Zendikar Incarnate
- Return of the Wildspeaker --> Keeper of Fables
- Druid Class --> 1x Mountain
- Seer's Sundial --> Natural Connection
- Fires of Yavimaya --> Elvish Rejuvenator
- Regrowth --> 1x Mountain
- Dryad's Revival --> 1x Mountain
- Beast Within --> Natural Reclamation
- Klauth's Will --> Savage Twister
- Command Tower --> 1x Forest
- Cinder Glade --> 1x Forest
Rampant Elephant is a white card which can't be played when green/red Omnath is your Commander. The majority of these suggestions are good repeatable draw sources. I think you can afford to cut a few lands for some lower CMC spells. 46 lands is still a lot.
If interested I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
4 months ago
Thoughts on these? Heartstone, Dizzy Spell (finds amulet or training grounds), Cosima, God of the Voyage Flip, Trench Behemoth, Flooded Shoreline, Icebreaker Kraken, Kefnet the Mindful, Copy Artifact (copy amulet to get an extra mana out of every land), Mirrormade, Sculpting Steel, Illusionist's Bracers, Gauntlet of Power, Seer's Sundial, Vedalken AEthermage, Step Through, Terrain Generator
9 months ago
9 months ago
Font of Fertility , Wayfarer's Bauble , Beanstalk Giant , Sakura-Tribe Elder Khalni Heart Expedition you can store the charges on it until you want to trigger landfall
Seer's Sundial , Colossal Majesty , Aid from the Cowl (fetchlands make this happen), Beast Whisperer , Guardian Project ,
land: Kessig Wolf Run , Castle Garenbrig , Mosswort Bridge , Gruul Turf , Guildless Commons . The 2 bounce lands can target themselves, so you can reuse next turn if you don,t have lands in hand lategame. With Azusa, you can bounce it 3x for 3 landfall triggers.
extra: Hammer of Purphoros Fires of Yavimaya Radha, Heart of Keld , Kenrith's Transformation , Song of the Dryads , Vivien, Champion of the Wilds , Lignify , Vivien, Monsters' Advocate , Cindervines , Bonecrusher Giant
10 months ago
Hi there! I've been playing around with 2 mono-white EDH decks for a while. You can see how I solved some of the biggest problems white has in them:
The things I see you can easily add to help for ramp are:
- Lotus Field
- Isolated Watchtower
- Terrain Generator - use extra mana you have on your opponents' end steps to drop a land before your turn
- Settle the Wreckage - this works if you can make a bunch of tokens, swing with them, then exile your own tokens to put a ton of lands into play
- Sol Ring And you already have Sword of the Animist, which is the best ramp mono-white can use tbh.
For card draw you can use these:
- Dawn of Hope - white's best draw engine
- Skullclamp - Clamp your tokens to draw two
- Sram, Senior Edificer - You're a bit light on Artifacts and Enchantments to get full use out of him but he's still pretty great if you need a draw engine and white does pretty good at protecting its creatures
- Endless Atlas
- Seer's Sundial
- Well of Lost Dreams
- Alhammarret's Archive
- Staff of Nin
11 months ago
4 mana for even 3 3/3 beast tokens is decent. Your current list already contains Arasta of the Endless Web , and I love that it can help start the loop with Ghost Town if you have the right setup. A couple other token generating spells for surprise factor are Ezuri's Predation , Fresh Meat , and Caller of the Claw .
Dawnglade Regent not necessarily a big finisher, but monarch is another nice way to get card draw and the hexproof for your creatures is nice. Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is also nice, but a bit pricey.
The Tireless Tracker clues stick around so they're just there when you have spare mana that you don't want to go to waste which is again better than the one opportunity per landfall with Seer's Sundial and the tracker can get bigger as you sacrifice the clues. I especially like that the tokens trigger Kodama and if the land you put into play can tap for 2 mana you can sac a clue to draw a card which may draw you more land to put into play from Kodama triggers.
Quirion Ranger can help provide a clutch blocker or that one extra mana you need for some spell. I like that it helps you have more land in hand for landfall triggers off of Kodama. Since Ashaya makes your creatures into forests they can tap for mana so they all become targets for Quirion Ranger to untap.
Kamahl’s Will does seem like a decent fit for this deck as a way to go wide and removal. Territorial Scythecat seems okay similar to the running a Managorger Hydra but takes a bit to build up. Shifting Ceratops it has some versatility, but I'm not sure what you want this for in a landfall deck. Primeval Bounty is currently in your list here on tappedout. Branching Evolution not sure your strategy is putting a lot of counters on stuff, more dropping lots of tokens on the fiel. Fertilid synergizes well with Retreat to Kazandu . Garruk's Uprising again I don't think you're usually putting a lot of big creatures into play to benefit from the trigger. Court of Bounty seems better than Colossal Majesty and has an added benefit. Reclamation Sage is great, and I'm also interested in the new 2-drop Masked Vandal since it exiles stuff, and another budget tutor for these low cost utility creatures is Woodland Bellower .
=== other card options ===
- Shaman of Forgotten Ways can be a nice alternate way to win.
- Ancient Greenwarden it's Crucible of Worlds on a body, doubles landfall triggers, and has reach (I like referring to reach as dunking).
- Bramble Sovereign solid value, decent size body, can be used politically.
- Shared Summons solid budget tutor.
- Scapeshift could be game ending if you're getting the right landfall triggers.
- Regal Behemoth monarch and more mana.
- Mana Reflection MOAR MANA!
- Path of Discovery could help dig more land per Kodama trigger if landfall is generating token creatures.
- Blighted Woodland could be better than or just a nice addition to Myriad Landscape
- Greater Good is usually pretty solid card advantage in green especially if someone is about to deal with your commander or big bad or board wipe.
- Fecundity is great card advantage in go wide strategies if your deck runs a hand-full of sac outlets.
- Eldrazi Monument is fun if you can generate enough tokens or animate enough lands, just imagine a bunch of flying elemental forests that are indestructible beating down your opponents.
- Parallel Lives is much pricier than I remember.
- Evolutionary Leap is always a nice kind of card advantage in token decks, but still nice to sac non-tokens if they're about to die anyways.
- Beastmaster Ascension is a nice buff in wide strategies.
- Apex Altisaur could be a useful thing to get with your Magus to wipe out some creatures.
- Force of Vigor another great option for removal.
- Genesis Wave is always a solid way to spend lots of mana.
11 months ago
Okay, so I see where you're going with a lot of your suggestions. Budget, at this point, is a constraint so the pricier cards like Cloudstone Curio, Gaea's Cradle, even Sylvan Library are probably a No Go. And I'd probably go with Budgethoof Behemoth, aka End-Raze Forerunners since I have them on hand.
I think, for card draw, I completely forgot about Elemental Bond which definitely feels like a much better option than Colossal Majesty and doesn't have the cast requirement of Beast Whisperer. But I don't see why I can't also use Beast Whisperer. And Regal Force looks like something I need. Seer's Sundial might not work out but something I'm toying with.
Unfortunately I 100% misread Curious Herd and thought it worked exactly like Dockside Extortionist . That said, 4 mana for even 3 3/3 beast tokens doesn't seem horrible, and if that's the floor of the spell, it might be worth keeping in. That said, this is a go wide deck with elements to buff up my creatures, so I may just replace the herd with Arasta of the Endless Web and let my opponents put tokens on my board for me.
I like Magus of the Order, if for no other reason than I have it and Natural Order has a price tag. But also, it's easy enough to drop Liege of the Tangle in favor of other worthy fatties to summon, including something like Dawnglade Regent .
Bow of Nylea can def come out in favor of another creature. The Frostfang can't come out as soon but that's okay! And good call on Roiling Regrowth. That said, Nylea herself I think does so much on her own that I don't see me dropping her in favor of something that only does part of what she does. Rhonas's Monument is definitely worth looking into though!
I'll have to look into more of the suggestions you made. I actually use a lot of them in my Omnath, Locus of the Roil deck (the first three anyway lol). Oracle of Mul Daya is among the pricier cards I probably can't grab right now. I'm hemming and hawing on the Tireless Tracker because I don't know that I'll have a chance to really take advantage of the clues, but to your point, they can trigger Kodama so that's something to consider!
And hmmmm. Quirion Ranger is curious.
I'm also looking at adding some other cards, such as Kamahl’s Will , Territorial Scythecat , Shifting Ceratops , Primeval Bounty , Branching Evolution , Fertilid , Garruk's Uprising , Court of Bounty and Reclamation Sage . So if you have thoughts on those, let me know!
I really appreciate all the insight and feedback!