Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Pact of Negation
This is blue.
Counter target spell.
At the beginning of your next upkeep, pay . If you don't, you lose the game.
4 days ago
nbarry223 i thought about splashing black to add cards like Extirpate, Duress and some boardwipes. Also I really like to play with Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver and Duskmantle Guildmage + Mindcrank /Bloodchief Ascension + Mindcrank but I wanted something more monocolor. Blue is my fav color, I thought about adding Mu Yanling, Sky Dancer and Mordenkainen however I'm not sure if they're any viable on their on.
TheOfficialCreator hm Jace, Wielder of Mysteries might be more helpful as a wincon but I'll have to empty my library quite fast. Leveler is an interesting card, could win if it by turn 5 if Jace doesn't get bounced or killed. Too risk but could work. Maybe main deck 4x Pact of Negation?
2 months ago
- Sol Ring
- Goblin Engineer (It does not really synergize with the combo, it was in to find Zuran Orb but I kind of have enough ways to find it and not enough artifacts to sacrifice.)
- Roil Elemental (It was a cute card but I had to cut one more card for some more consistency and with the amount of tutors I play generally I will always rather have Tatyova or Gitrog Monster which are both tutorable by Bring to Light.)
- Pact of Negation (Pact of Negation is kind of an expensive card and I think I like Pyroblast more, it's mainly to combat counterspells on the second sunrise anyway and Pyroblast has some added utility to it which I think makes it better.)
- Mana Vault
- Overgrown Tomb (Decided I want to run just 3 shock lands, this one might get back into the deck but I opted for others first.)
- Mox Diamond
- Mana Crypt
- Krark-Clan Ironworks (Decided to get rid of the KCI saccing mana rocks before second sunrise plan, it was too convoluted and I want to go for a more land centric deck.)
- Valakut Exploration (This was also one of my other win conditions, and I liked Roil Elemental first above this but decided to cut both.)
- Izzet Chronarch (Got replaced by Timeless Witness.)
- Krosan Wayfarer (Has some early game utility while still being excellend in the Combo.)
- Cosmic Intervention (I somehow overlooked this card but I am really excited to add this as an early game play for value.)
- Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath (Uro is already an insane card, it sacrifices itself which is great, it's basically a recurrable Explore with the added bonus of sometimes being a powerful body, I think it will work excellend in the deck.)
- Explore (Both replace my mana rocks for some early mana ramp.)
- Breeding Pool
- Temple Garden
- Hallowed Fountain
- Timeless Witness
- Unbridled Growth (Fixes mana and sacrifices for a card, the other candidate was chromatic star which would also be good but I think Unbridled will have more value as you don't need to sacrifice it to gain it's fixing effect.)
I decided to cut my mana rocks that don't provide a color except for when they have a way to sacrifice themself which also made me cut my KCI from the deck.
3 months ago
McToters Love it. Will definitely take a hard look at each of the pacts when I decide a commander/colors. It's fun just looking for cards that are gonna cause chaos. Think of how much fun Hive Mind will be with Grip of Chaos...
Just thinking now though: in a situation where all 4 players are casting a Pact of Negation thanks to Hive Mind, presumably at least one of them is going to be countered. Is a player off the hook for the upkeep mana then if their PoN is countered? I would guess that they are, since it reads like an ability that needs to resolve, but I guess I'm not sure exactly how that pact mechanic works.
3 months ago
Ha! No worries and glad to plant the seeds of intrigue with Hive Mind (my bad on misreading your list, I thought you had that and Suture Priest in your brew already). Also, agreed that Herd is high CMC. I ran a more jankier version of Pheldy.
One amazing combo with Hive Mind, since spells have to be copied is Pact of Negation or Pact of the Titan (or any of the Pacts really) when your opponents don't have the right colors to pay the cost during their upkeep they lose the game! I run the combo in my Izzet brew. It's spicy.
4 months ago
Seal of Creation / 2
Sacrifice Seal of Creation: Create 2 tapped 1/1 Servo artifact creature tokens.
4 months ago
Lanzo493 Narset's Reversal is also just a powerhouse recursion card in spell copy strategies like Kalamax, the Stormsire and Veyran, Voice of Duality. It's also good with Reiterate combos like the one I run in my Mizzix of the Izmagnus deck.
4 months ago
Something I learned that was really cool is how great Narset's Reversal is in a counterspell war. It can easily 2-for-1. If there’s a lot of counterspells a on the stack, you can bounce your own counterspell and retarget something else, effectively saving your own card and making the other players counter pointless because the spell got bounced. On the other hand, Pact of Negation can suck in counterspell wars because people will try to allow it to resolve if possible and work around it. The first time I used Veil of Summer against it was quite memorable.