Ghalta, Primal Hunger
Creature — Dinosaur
Ghalta, Primal Hunger costs less to cast, where X is the total power of creatures you control.
|Have (4)||metalmagic , , Forkbeard ,|
Printings View all
|Game Night 2019 (GN2)||Rare|
|Magic Game Night (GNT)||Rare|
|Rivals of Ixalan (RIX)||Rare|
|Explorers of Ixalan (EO2)||None|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
- Ixalan's Binding and Blossoming Defense
- Odric, Lunarch Marshal + Xenagos, God of the Revels = hasty team?
- Infect + First Strike Interaction during Combat
- Do Creatures that simultaneously ETB trigger abilities of each other which state "when another creature ETBs..."
- Does casting cost affect turning Manifests face-up?
Ghalta, Primal Hunger Discussion
7 hours ago
What happens to the cost of turning a Manifest face-up if you've got something affecting the casting cost of creatures?
(The way I understand it, they are one and the same)
And for a specific case, let's assume I have 10 power on the board, including my manifested Ghalta, Primal Hunger. Does it now only cost GG to turn her face-up?
- A curious seeker of jank
5 days ago
1 week ago
red Akroma isn't much better IMO
1 month ago
I definitely second what Metroid_Hybrid says about Xenagos, God of Revels being one of the strongest big stompy commanders. I'm a green player at heart, so I've always searched for a commander to satisfy my Timmy urge to curb-stomp people in a single combat step. Repeatedly if necessary. Xenagod was the only one that did it good enough for me (not even Atarka, World Render dragon tribal was enough).
Xenagos, God of Revels is strong because 1. He gives haste (that's HUGE), 2. He gives +X/+X, 3. Most of cards worth running in this deck have trample anyway. Nyxbloom Ancient, Blightsteel Colossus, Emrakul, the Promised End, Ghalta, Primal Hunger, Pathbreaker Ibex, and Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger to name a few. As for Eldrazi, what more could you ask for than having haste on Kozilek, Butcher of Truth? That's why I love this commander.
1 month ago
My mono-green stomp-your-ass-into-the-ground deck. Designed to make sure Ghalta, Primal Hunger never costs more than and ramp super quick into her.
Commander / EDH
1 month ago
2 months ago
Hey, there's lots of ramp here which makes 39 lands more than you really need. Consider cutting some basic lands for other cards?
Cards to consider adding:
- Garruk's Uprising: repeatable draw and trample is good with Xenagos and Quartzwood.
- Aggravated Assault: repeatable combat phases or infinite combat phases with Savage Ventmaw.
- Savage Ventmaw: repeatable green/red ramp and combos with Assault for infinite combat phases and infinite green/red mana.
- Ghalta, Primal Hunger: mana cost reduction cares about the power of creatures you control, 24/24 Dino with trample/haste.
- Elder Gargaroth: can repeatable draw, life or create a creature, 12/12 Beast with trample/haste.
- Oakhame Adversary: good mana cost reduction in multiplayer Commander, can be repeatable draw, deathtouch, +X/+X pump and potential repeatable draw is a nice combination.
- Eternal Witness and Regrowth: recur any card.
- Talisman of Impulse or Gruul Signet
- Karplusan Forest and Grove of the Burnwillows: other Gruul dual lands that can ETB untapped turn one for a green one drop.
Cards to consider cutting:
- 3x Forest
- 2x Mountain
- Savageborn Hydra
- Grunn, the Lonely King
- Caller of the Pack
- Living Hive
- Blood Mist
- Fellwar Stone
Good luck with your deck.