|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
|Planar Chaos (PLC)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava
Legendary Creature — Cat Warrior
Whenever Jedit Ojanen of Efrava attacks or blocks, put a 2/2 green Cat Warrior creature token with forestwalk into play.
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava Discussion
2 months ago
Some new updates of the deck:
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava : too slow, often too small in the late game to be effective
- Abundance : It was either this card, Ajani, Strength of the Pride or Stalking Tiger , and both of the latter had only just been added. Abundance is a nice combo with Sylvan Library , but it's too difficult to assemble without more enchantment searching effect.
- Kemba, Kha Regent : With only 6 pieces of equipment, this isn't the best option anymore. In the original commander deck where 14 were available, there is a stronger case, but I've felt this as being an increasingly underwhelming draw.
- Saltcrusted Steppe : Very underwhelming as a storage land in this build, it feels like an easy cut.
The new hotness:
- Felidar Guardian : This has some synergies with the ETBs of other cats such as Regal Caracal and Qasali Slingers , but otherwise it's just another cat body.
- Sword of Feast and Famine : A Bear Umbra effect that can at least benefit from Hammer of Nazahn .
- Enlightened Tutor : An easy way to fetch out a Sol Ring early game or Mirari's Wake late game to ramp you into Arahbo, Roar of the World and pay for attacking triggers or to pay for a big Finale of Devastation .
- Gavony Township : Had been on the radar a long time, but only had access to one once another deck was deconstructed.
4 months ago
-- Divine Intervention - replace with a full wipe, rather than something that lets your opponent keep their best creature.
-- Leonin Arbiter - with the amount of searching you do, I'd re-think the search denial, as it hinders your own searching for lands too.
-- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava is just... not the greatest. He's pretty lackluster.
-- Curse of Vitality is very minor lifegain.
You have an awful lot of slow lands, that come in tapped. Canopy Vista is pretty much strictly better than a Guildgate.
Soul's Majesty should be replaced with Rishkar's Expertise - it's one mana more, but can't be countered by killing the target, and it lets you cast something in your hand (even if it's not one of the things you drew).
I find Hunter's Prowess is outclassed by its uncommon counterpart, Hunter's Insight - it lacks the +3/+3, but the instant speed means you can just choose any unblocked creature, your opponents not getting the ability to block the target more to deny you cards. Also, it's 2 mana cheaper.
I'd try to find a slot for Rancor - it's a recurring way to grant trample, and +2/0 for one mana is sweet.
Lightning Greaves has screwed you over so many times in our games. Consider Swiftfoot Boots instead? The two differences are it costs mana to equip, at the trade-off of you can still target the creature later on without opening a vulnerability window with re-equip/etc, or locking you out of targeting it if it's your only creature.
9 months ago
Why does everyone knock on Heroes' Reunion?
That is a fair question, let me try and answer it. In the beginning a very smart man called Richard Garfield created a game called Magic the Gathering. He wanted to have a dependable cycle of cards, something that showed each colour philosophy, as it was. He created the boon cycle, each card did something with the number 3: Lightning Bolt, Giant Growth, Ancestral Recall, Dark Ritual and Healing Salve. The game was in its infancy and this all seemed reasonable enough... Events prove otherwise. Healing Salve is by far the worst of the 5 cards, Ancestral Recall and Dark Ritual are downright broken, Lightning Bolt is too strong for standard, Giant Growth is fair. So why is everyone down on Heroes' Reunion, it can't even prevent 7 damage, it's a less useful Healing Salve.
"Bolt the bird", is a phrase nearly as old as Magic itself, what it means is that you can't rely on your ramp creature surviving past the turn you play it. If it's a choice between killing Birds of Paradise and Sacred Cat any experienced player kills the bird.
Ramp isn't a reason to use inefficient cards, Fleecemane Lion is the perfect card to use with ramp, you can play it as an early threat, then make it a near irremovable beast once it's monstrous. The same is true of Adorned Pouncer, but If I wanted to abuse Anointed Procession, I'd also run Honored Hydra and Advent of the Wurm too, building a Procession deck, not a tribal cat one. On a similar note, most of the time you play Qasali Ambusher for free and Qasali Pridemage is a removal spell on a body...
1 year ago
Sorry for some reason I fat fingered deck and not the card for pride sovereign Pride Sovereign
Here are tons of examples
1 year ago
Might I also suggest Jedit Ojanen of Efrava, Aven Wind Guide, Brighthearth Banneret, and Grand Warlord Radha. Some of the fun warrior card that are relatively cheap (under a dollar each I believe) that might add a fun twist to the deck if you get them out.
I'm also really concerned about you mana base. It seems the deck might be a little blue mana starved, which might be a problem.
1 year ago
trust me you will thank me for this
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro
- Raiders' Spoils
- Oketra's Monument
- Oketra the True
- Obsidian Battle-Axe
- Mardu Strike Leader
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava
- Arashin Foremost
- Nath of the Gilt-Leaf
- Butcher of Malakir
- Fleshbag Marauder
- Merciless Executioner
- Stonehoof Chieftain
- Combat Celebrant
- Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs
- Cliffhaven Vampire
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
- Champion of Stray Souls
- Ivy Lane Denizen
- Jazal Goldmane
- Nacatl War-Pride
- Unstoppable Ash
- Yasova Dragonclaw
- Ahn-Crop Champion
- Vhati il-Dal
- Sedris, the Traitor King
- Bear Umbra
- Nature's Will
1 year ago
I agree with not loving the triple green for Jedit Ojanen of Efrava. Personally, I’d replace him with Archetype of Aggression (more trample on a 3/2 body with some maybe relevant text) or Arashin Foremost (decent body that makes your best warrior better)
Dranx on Krolse Kat
1 year ago
- Door of Destinies
- Duelist's Heritage
- Qasali Ambusher
- Fleetfoot Panther
- Skyhunter Skirmisher
- Whitemane Lion
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%