Jedit Ojanen of Efrava
Legendary Creature — Cat Warrior
Whenever Jedit Ojanen of Efrava attacks or blocks, put a 2/2 green Cat Warrior creature token with forestwalk into play.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava Discussion
7 months ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
11 months ago
Mono colors are good places to start for budget builds I think. Maybe try finding something you don't normally see (explore the >200 commanders on EDHREC maybe?). Looking for off the beaten path themes can dredge up some janky cards to brew around too.
shuffles some random card pile
draw hmm, green... let's see
checks edhrec <200
Alrighty, so I found a couple interesting ones. Jedit Ojanen of Efrava seems like he could be a Voltron and/or Go Wide type. Turn cards into forests with Lush Growth and similar cards. Similarly, Anthousa, Setessan Hero could be another (aura/cantrip) Voltron/Go Wide type. With all the green power based draw you'd never run out of gas.
1 year ago
thanks for the suggestions.. trying to keep the land base reasonably budget but some very reasonable like Canopy Vista. I have Jedit Ojanen of Efrava and will add. Also thinking about adding Kaheera, the Orphanguard as Companion.. need to read up on how that works as haven't used one before. thks
1 year ago
Hey there! In the next comment I'll touch on the mana-base, but in this one, I'll give you some cats, or cards that revolve around cats! Maybe consider some of the following!
- Kaheera, the Orphanguard
- Prowling Serpopard
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava
- Brimaz, King of Oreskos
- Lost Leonin
- Mirri, Cat Warrior
- King of the Pride
- Qasali Slingers
- Feline Sovereign
- Mirror Entity
- Metallic Mimic
- Adaptive Automaton
- Coat of Arms
- Alpha Status
- Crown of Awe
- Crown of Vigor
- Descendants' Path
- Shared Triumph
- Steely Resolve
- Belbe's Portal
- Cryptic Gateway
- Door of Destinies
- Konda's Banner
- Obelisk of Urd
- Urza's Incubator
1 year ago
I would go with Arahbo, Roar of the World and with a tactic of always having one or two cats on the field trying to hit people. Go tall. Alms Collector , Enlightened Ascetic , Kinjalli's Sunwing , Lost Leonin , Skyhunter Skirmisher , Stalking Leonin , Temur Sabertooth , Whitemane Lion , some ramp, removals, protection, a board wipe or two and some equipment. would take out Jareth, Leonine Titan because too much mana, Jazal Goldmane, Nacatl War-Pride , Qasali Slingers and Jedit Ojanen of Efrava for the same reason. Also cool are Heroic Intervention and Selesnya Charm. Stave Off has a cat on it.
1 year ago
Fabled Passage , Prismatic Vista , Terramorphic Expanse Evolving Wilds , Mana Confluence , City of Brass , Undiscovered Paradise , Reflecting Pool , Sungrass Prairie , Wooded Bastion , Nazahn, Revered Bladesmith , Balan, Wandering Knight , Avacyn's Pilgrim , Steppe Lynx , Scythe Leopard & Enlightened Tutor
2 years ago
Some new updates of the deck:
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava : too slow, often too small in the late game to be effective
- Abundance : It was either this card, Ajani, Strength of the Pride or Stalking Tiger , and both of the latter had only just been added. Abundance is a nice combo with Sylvan Library , but it's too difficult to assemble without more enchantment searching effect.
- Kemba, Kha Regent : With only 6 pieces of equipment, this isn't the best option anymore. In the original commander deck where 14 were available, there is a stronger case, but I've felt this as being an increasingly underwhelming draw.
- Saltcrusted Steppe : Very underwhelming as a storage land in this build, it feels like an easy cut.
The new hotness:
- Felidar Guardian : This has some synergies with the ETBs of other cats such as Regal Caracal and Qasali Slingers , but otherwise it's just another cat body.
- Sword of Feast and Famine : A Bear Umbra effect that can at least benefit from Hammer of Nazahn .
- Enlightened Tutor : An easy way to fetch out a Sol Ring early game or Mirari's Wake late game to ramp you into Arahbo, Roar of the World and pay for attacking triggers or to pay for a big Finale of Devastation .
- Gavony Township : Had been on the radar a long time, but only had access to one once another deck was deconstructed.
2 years ago
-- Divine Intervention - replace with a full wipe, rather than something that lets your opponent keep their best creature.
-- Leonin Arbiter - with the amount of searching you do, I'd re-think the search denial, as it hinders your own searching for lands too.
-- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava is just... not the greatest. He's pretty lackluster.
-- Curse of Vitality is very minor lifegain.
You have an awful lot of slow lands, that come in tapped. Canopy Vista is pretty much strictly better than a Guildgate.
Soul's Majesty should be replaced with Rishkar's Expertise - it's one mana more, but can't be countered by killing the target, and it lets you cast something in your hand (even if it's not one of the things you drew).
I find Hunter's Prowess is outclassed by its uncommon counterpart, Hunter's Insight - it lacks the +3/+3, but the instant speed means you can just choose any unblocked creature, your opponents not getting the ability to block the target more to deny you cards. Also, it's 2 mana cheaper.
I'd try to find a slot for Rancor - it's a recurring way to grant trample, and +2/0 for one mana is sweet.
Lightning Greaves has screwed you over so many times in our games. Consider Swiftfoot Boots instead? The two differences are it costs mana to equip, at the trade-off of you can still target the creature later on without opening a vulnerability window with re-equip/etc, or locking you out of targeting it if it's your only creature.