Rush of Battle
Creatures you control get +2/+1 until end of turn. Warrior creatures you control gain lifelink until end of turn. (Damage dealt by those Warriors also causes their controller to gain that much life.)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Rush of Battle Discussion
2 months ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
1 year ago
I'd start with looking at Rush of Battle and a few lands, 1-2-3 isn't exactly super mana-intensive already. I'd look at lowering the overall curve to help pile on the pressure those first few turns-probably going to three foremost and two of the two drops. Budget creature decks without vial either need each creature to be amazing (which makes the cards expensive), or run a lot of one-drops that like other one drops.
A few disruption spells and low to the ground creatures is the theory behuind delver. Disfigure is great sideboard tech, but Oust , possibly Murderous Cut if your find youreself with a lot of spells are both options. Take a look at what people are putting in cubes to see what the best budget options are- things like Reciprocate or Oppressive Rays do ok.
If I was looking at ban, I'd look to increase tempo&pressure - Bump in the Night in some number to finish the game. If I was looking at a grindier strategy, i'd try to pack a lot of hand disruption- Drill Bit , duress etc.
If I was looking to go more competitive, I'd start by filling out a sideboard based on the decks I'd play it against- a clearer idea of what you are meant to face down and what you lose against lets you plan. Knowing you can side in cards to fill gaps helps a lot.
2 years ago
Seems like this deck could use a few more one drops to fix the curve, since you only really have 2 turn one plays in your deck and aggro needs a strong curve to be quick enough to overwhelm. Since you're going for a 'Warrior' theme, you can't play really strong cards like Voice of Resurgence or Thalia, Guardian of Thraben. Something you could add that will fit your theme would be Rhys the Redeemed since it's a warrior and a one drop that can create tokens. Looking at cards in gatherer, you could be playing Aven Skirmisher as a one drop but its fairly underwhelming of a card.
So the only card that gives you any sort of real warrior synergy is Rush of Battle, which is a pretty expensive card for such a small effect at sorcery speed. If it was a permanent it might be ok, but it just doesnt seem to do very much. Aggro doesnt need lifelink usually, but trample it can use.
I dont think you have any way of utilizing Bramblewood Paragon as it stands. I'm not seeing any cards that give +1/+1 counters in your deck.
Also consider that your deck runs no removal, and cannot deal with anything your opponent throws at you. So your deck as it stands instantly loses to Ensnaring Bridge, and gets impeded by even stuff like Ghostly Prison. Green has alot of artifact removal, I usually go for Naturalize but there's plenty of other good options.
My honest opinion would be to drop the Warrior theme, and go for a more finely tuned Abzan aggro/mid-range strategy with more solid cards.
3 years ago
Hi Dude,I Like that. I did a even budgetier version of that. And tought I was the only one crazy enough to do B/W Warriors. I really like how it makes a lot with something simple. A card I strongly recomend is Rush of Battle. Please fell free to make some notes on mine too. Since it is so unexpensive I'm afraid it isn't as good as yours. https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/10-02-18-warrior-bw/
3 years ago
You need some cards that can give you, in one turn, enough traction for an alpha strike. Ankle Shanker is a particularly scary example. Driven / Despair, Dominaria's Judgment, Overwhelming Stampede, Ready / Willing, Rush of Battle for that aforementioned life gain, Samite Elder targeting Saskia, Spare from Evil assuming there's no human tribal in the meta, Vault of the Archangel, Overrun, are all super good group buffs.
4 years ago
I think that you need to take out Rush of Battle, Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs, Herald of Dromoka, and Brighthearth Banneret and add in Declaration in Stone Thalia's Lieutenant Thalia, Heretic Cathar and make Glory-Bound Initiate a 4 of, finally add in Glorybringer and just make this deck standard. I think in modern and in legacy this deck would get ripped apart but boros exert is popular in standard right now. and then you could make it Human to help with Thalia's Lieutenant. Maybe add Hanweir Garrison too
4 years ago
Titanofeternalfirescry1: Good find. I originally dismissed it, as I valued the lifelink on Rush of Battle to be more valuable than the one time vigilance, but your point about cycling it when unneeded makes me reconsider it. I'll definitely give it a shot. Thanks!