Creature — Human
When Doomed Dissenter dies, create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Doomed Dissenter Discussion
3 months ago
This deck looks pretty good, and after reading the comments, you seem to have put a lot of work into it. I do have a intentionally lower-powered deck with a basic aristocrat strategy. A card I really do like there is Doomed Traveler ( Doomed Dissenter is similar). Sgt.Pickles mentioned free sacrifice outlets. A very good, but very underrated one is Spawning Pit . You can sacrifice creatures, sometimes even in response to a kill spell, and then get multiple new tokens later. As many of your creatures have 1 toughness, Skullclamp could be a great addition, as well. If you were to include any combination of these three, Death Baron and Asha's Favor are what I'd cut for them. For removal spells, Ixalan's Binding is fine, but bonesplinter and/or Vicious Offering are great spells that even fit your strategy.
4 months ago
Hey, well done for your first Commander deck. You have good card sense on a budget and seem to already understand the importance of mana curve :)
Open the Armory can get Skullclamp or Animate Dead . Court of Grace can create flying tokens, either an Angel or a Spirit and it can be repeatable draw with the monarch. Archon of Justice has a powerful die trigger with Teysa. Sun Titan can be repeatable reanimation and 3 CMC or less gives you many options of permanents to reanimate. Titan is excellent with Animate Dead .
Swords to Plowshares is a staple instant removal spell for white, but because Teysa is a Human then Dire Tactics is a less than $0.50 option. Generous Gift is a versatile instant removal spell. Austere Command is a versatile board wipe. Fanatical Devotion is a sac outlet for repeatable protection from most removal and in combat. Mentor of the Meek can be repeatable draw when creating 1/1 tokens.
Some cards to consider cutting:
10 months ago
I feel like this is one card away from an infinite combo. Something that says when an opponent loses life you can that much or something. But I don't think a card like that exists at common. But a suggestion for you would be Deathgreeter. The thing that I noticed though is that you have a lot of ways to gain/drain life but no way of making the creatures necessary to do that though. Something to consider would be creatures that when they enter or die makes a token. Something like Doomed Dissenter or cards with afterlife. Although the only playable creature with afterlife is Imperious Oligarch. Other creature that might be good: Doomed Traveler, Lazotep Reaver, Wakedancer, Fourth Bridge Prowler, Fume Spitter, Dusk Legion Zealot.
I would probably cut Epicure of Blood, five mana is just too much, and I would go down to at most 2 Suture Priest. I would even go as far and say cut him because you want more creatures like the ones listed above, this is because you don't really need 12 copies of that effect even if he does a bit more. The main thing this deck wants to do is play out creatures that gain u life which in turn will damage your opponent.
10 months ago
I'd start by cutting the low-impact creatures such as:
I like your sac-outlets that can protect themselves through Shirei (e.g. Viscera Seer/Thoughtpicker Witch/Fume Spitter), and I'd try to avoid the ones that don't have that particular interaction: Nantuko Husk/Carrion Feeder.
Cards I would add in: Altar of Dementia, Plagued Rusalka, Dark Ritual, Feed the Swarm (enchantment removal in black), Agadeem's Awakening Flip, Kaervek, the Spiteful (allows you to protect Shirei), and Liliana's Steward.
10 months ago
Cool deck but might I suggest Carrion Feeder or Viscera Seer for a more reliable sac outlet and possibly Mortician Beetle or Bloodbriar for some more value. When I goldfished a few times I would draw into a morbid creature but have no way of triggering morbid.
I found that Putrid Leech is just not that good in most situations. Face value you have a 2 mana 2/2 that each turn can become a 4/4 for a price.
4x Festerhide Boar seems like a bit much seeing as its cmc 4. I would include it as a 3 of.
I also think that the 4x Ash Barrens is too much. Most of the time they will just slow you down. I would go to 2x ash barrens and replace them with a basic of each type.
11 months ago
Hey, nice budget version of Teysa with Deathmantle and Altar.
Cards to consider adding:
- Scheming Symmetry: great causal tutor, you get something and an opponent of your choice does too.
- Open the Armory: tutor for Skullclamp or Nim Deathmantle, two important cards to have more access too.
- Phyrexian Reclamation: Mystery Booster Set version, repeatable creature recursion.
- Viscera Seer: Core Set 2011 version, one drop sac outlet and scying is helpful.
- Doomed Traveler: one drop who creates a flying token.
- Mirror Entity: Mystery Booster Set version, pump Teysa and tokens. With a lot of tokens and mana this can be a win condition especially with flying tokens.
- Skirsdag High Priest: creates 5/5 Demon tokens and morbid can be triggered on any players turn if any creature died that turn. It's good in multiplayer and with tokens with vigilance.
- Fetid Heath: Double Masters version.
- Silent Clearing
- Shambling Vent
Any game when you have Skullclamp on the battlefield is going to be a better game than if you don't. Adding a few budget tutors that can get Clamp or one of your combo artifacts can be helpful.
Cards to consider cutting:
- 1x Plains
- 1x Swamp
- Temple of the False God: it can't make mana until turn five or after.
- Forsaken Sanctuary
- Orzhov Guildgate
- Final Payment
- Burnished Hart: too slow for ramp and doesn't trigger Teysa when it sacs itself.
- Butcher of Malakir: you have Pact and Dictate, don't also need this seven drop.
- Doomed Dissenter: Traveler is an upgrade because he creates a 1/1 flying token when he dies.
- Vindictive Vampire: the other aristocrats are better.
Good luck with your deck.
11 months ago
- cut Doomed Dissenter since it can't be recast with your commander, and there are plenty of 2/2 zombies for 2 which can
- cut Festering Mummy because in commander, most creatures will not die with a couple of -1/-1 counters. Consider keeping it if your opponents play lots of mana dorks such as Llanowar Elves
- cut Ghoulraiser, your commander casts a zombie of your choice from the graveyard anyway
- cut Liliana's Steward, targeted discard is bad in commander. You and the targeted opponent lose a card, but your other two opponents don't.
- cut Increasing Ambition, it simply costs too much mana for the effect in my opinion
- cut Sealed Fate, it's pretty bad unless your opponent just used a Worldly Tutor or something
- cut Shamble Back, you don't want to exile your own creatures, and it's a pretty poor form of graveyard hate.
- cut Remove Soul, if you're paying 2 mana for a counterspell, you want it to hit more than just creatures
- cut Spell Snuff, 3 mana counterspells are too expensive
- cut Vile Rebirth for the same reason as Shamble Back
- cut Manalith and Nyx Lotus. When you're in 2 colours, you generally don't want to pay more than 2 mana to ramp. Plus if you ramp on turn 2, you'll have 4 mana on turn 3, allowing you to cast your commander early
- cut Telepathy, it's not worth using a card to see your opponents hand unless you're playing something specific like maybe Sen Triplets.
- For semi-budget 2-colour deck, your mana base looks pretty good. I would just cut Skyline Cascade, having it come in tapped isn't worth it for it's effect in commander. You can probably just play a basic island in its place.
If you want to upgrade your mana base, avoid lands that come in tapped like Dimir Guildgate. A few suggestions would be Command Tower, Choked Estuary, Darkwater Catacombs, Drowned Catacomb, Tainted Isle, Underground River, Watery Grave.
I hope that was helpful! Here's a link to my The Scarab God commander deck which has a pretty similar zombie tribal theme to what you have. Take a look through it and maybe you'll find more cards that I forgot to mention. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask!
1 year ago
Is the creature we are Looping creating mana via treasures or Eldrazi Scions? Dire Fleet Hoarder,Wily Goblin,Carrier Thrall then everytime we loop we are building a stockpile of mana for our future turns.
But we can get more than just value from the creature we are sac'ing oh much much more, how about value from the sac outlet it self? Viscera Seer Start scrying through your deck for your combo pieces ThermopodAshnod's Altar Help you generate more mana for more cards to be cast from hand for multiple card loops Carrion Feeder Keep adding +1/+1's to make a threat that needs to be dealt with before it spirals out of control Spawning Pit why not add more tokens to this to create a potential army of 2/2's that can snap into existence at instant speed? Greater Gargadon How about ticking down a clock to a 9/7 coming to smash your enemies into small digestible pieces?
You think we are done with what value we can get from Looping? not even close, what about other effects that occur when they see cards getting sac'd for greater good of value? Zulaport Cutthroat,Falkenrath Noble,Syr Konrad, the Grim This will start putting pressure on opponent's life totals whenever you sac a creature, or cast in the case of Bontu's and special mention to Syr Konrad as he also does damage when they go back to hand from your yard...oooh that value.
You want card draw? we got it,now its not as clean as blue draw and it does have a distinct smell of decomposing flesh but hey we will take it. Smothering AbominationGrim HaruspexMidnight Reaper even Hazoret's Monument as you do cast in a loop and remember all discard cards will be put back to hand via Garna's ETB.
What all this mana positive and mana neutral creature casts lets us do is frankly more of the same, play multiple creatures a turn to make multiple treasures or make multiple tokens or scry multiple times it all depends on the set up you have at the board at the time but the more creatures to sac the more effects, the more the merrier the bigger the better.
We now have an infinite loop going and this deck can use this in multiple ways to end the game. Refer to the infinite loops section to see all the options
Do we instead haveDesecrated Tomb or any creature that creates tokens as part of our loop? make sure to end the loop with several millions tokens created and stop the loop with Garna in play, all your tokens now have haste.... Good game? This can also be done is a few other more janky ways using Spawning Pit and either Ashnod's AltarPitiless PlundererSifter of SkullsBlood PetCarrier Thrall and clever use sage of sac'ing for counters and then sac'ing for mana ( or just allays sac'ing for counters if Plunderer or Sifter are in play).