Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Merfolk Warrior
When Whirlpool Warrior enters the battlefield, shuffle the cards from your hand into your library, then draw that many cards.
(Red), Sacrifice Whirlpool Warrior: Each player shuffles the cards from his or her hand into his or her library, then draws that many cards.
4 months ago
Hi, I'm also another Locust God player!
I'll recommend some key cards of my deck. (I know some of them are not very budget friendly, but just giving ideas)
I play Rites of Initiation in my deck. When you have drawn a lot of cards, playing that card discarding (for example) 9 spare cards can seal the game, making all your locust tokens 10/1. Very explosive!, similar in effect to Shared animosity you already play.
Another powerful card is Mana Geyser. If nobody responds, you'll win that turn with all the mana it generates.
Sorcerer Class is also awesome in this deck. Draws you some cards, and then transforms all your locust tokens in mana generators.
Finally, as this decks usually discard tons of cards, Underworld Breach can also seal games when you get access to some of your combos in graveyard.
*Here you have my deck if you are interested: "FOCUS THE LOCUST"
9 months ago
Hey, I'll first comment here then at a later time at your Zombie deck.
The theme you have here is called Spellslinger and with Spellslinger you want less creatures than normal, more instants as well as sorceries. Spellslinger is essentially control in Commander therefore the cards you tap out for need to be impactful. If you're new to the Spellslinger idea then overall with less than $200 budget you've done well so far, but you forgot Command Tower. You have several really nice cards, but also some stinkers that could be upgraded on a budget.
Consider more lands and ramp? To keep mana open at all times when you cast noninstant spells. 31 lands is low, not really enough land when you want to be making your land drops each turn. My advice is try 36 lands and 12 or more ramp sources. If you don't want to add more lands than instead add more low 1-2 CMC draw or best a combination of both.
- Command Tower
- Storm-Kiln Artist
- Fellwar Stone
- Unexpected Windfall
- High Tide
- Thrill of Possibility
- Star Compass
- Lonely Sandbar: one mana draw to trigger Niv.
- Forgotten Cave
- Reliquary Tower: no max hand size.
- Mystic Sanctuary: recur instant or sorcery.
- Volatile Fjord: gives Scalding Tarn a Izzet dual land to search for.
- Shivan Reef
- Grixis Panorama
If your primary win condition is Niv enchanted by Curiosity then you're going to want ways to shuffle all the cards in your hand back into your library. You'll want this effect to be able to keep drawing and doing damage with Niv since Niv only does damage to one target for each trigger. Ophidian Eye is another Curiosity. Each opponent will have 40 or more life thus you won't consistently have enough cards in your library to end all your opponents with Niv's damage without having more draw. Psychosis Crawler can help since it makes each opponent lose 1 life each time you draw a card.
Curiosity/Ophidian Eye is a may, you don't have to draw when you do damage with Niv. Because you can stop the combo then you can stop drawing so you don't draw from an empty library and lose the game. Stopping the combo also lets you cast a creature or sorcery to shuttle all cards from your hand back into your library to keep drawing and continue the combo. Whirlpool Warrior has this effect at least twice and Whirlpool Rider is only two mana.
Consider streamline/cut the creature base down to the 10-15 best creatures, less creatures the better and use the other spots for more instants?
A streamlined example of the current creature base (sorted by CMC):
- Goblin Electromancer
- Birgi, God of Storytelling
- Veyran, Voice of Duality
- Palladium Myr
- Archmage Emeritus
- Galazeth Prismari
- Talrand, Sky Summoner
I'm also suggesting some creatures upgrades who most have better interaction with Niv:
- Whirlpool Warrior --> Academy Drake
- Whirlpool Rider --> Fae of Wishes
- Psychosis Crawler --> Radiant Performer
- Tandem Lookout --> Skyclave Sentinel
- Storm-Kiln Artist --> Orvar, the All-Form
- Dualcaster Mage --> Relic Robber
Tandem Lookout soulbond to Guttersnipe/Electrostatic Field can draw a lot of cards because Lookout cares about any damage that the paired creature does and Guttersnipe does 2 damage to each opponent. You draw a number of cards equal to the number of opponents you have each time Guttersnipe triggers. Lookout is Curiosity, but the draw is not a may, you have to draw and Lookout can change who it's soulbond unlike auras.
Tandem Lookout can be soulbond to Niv, but it's risky because you can't stop the combo because you can't stop the draw without help. You'll need an instant way to shuffle all cards from your hand back into your library or an instant way to kill/bounce Lookout before you draw the rest of your library. If you don't do this you will lose the game from trying to draw from an empty library since you'll draw your entire library. Drawing your entire library can enable a win condition of Laboratory Maniac or Jace, Wielder of Mysteries and Jace has the advantage that he can draw card/cards to trigger Niv.
I've suggested a lot of card upgrades and hopefully given you advice to think about. Let me know your thoughts and if you would like me to continue in another comment including more cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.
10 months ago
Cards I'd consider adding (in addition to your list above): Spiteful Visions, Liliana's Caress, Dark Deal, Peer into the Abyss, Incendiary Command, Winds of Change, Kederekt Parasite, Kess, Dissident Mage, Whirlpool Warrior, Runehorn Hellkite, Snapcaster Mage, Baleful Mastery, Vision Skeins, Deflecting Swat, AEtherize, Rakdos Charm, Cerebral Vortex, Prosperity, Echo of Eons, Wheel of Misfortune, Demonic Tutor, Commit / Memory, Day's Undoing, Solve the Equation, Collective Defiance, Fascination, Game Plan, Scheming Symmetry, Mizzix's Mastery, Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Folio of Fancies, Memory Jar, Crawlspace, Primal Amulet Flip, Forced Fruition, Underworld Breach, No Mercy, Sphinx's Tutelage
1 year ago
Pikobyte I'm going to my LGS today to pick up Xenagos, the Reveler, Minds Aglow, Mass Hysteria, Guardian Augmenter, Whirlpool Warrior, and Spellskite. I think all of these are going to be great additions to this deck for the time being until I can find another Phyrexian Altar to slot in. I have one in Resurrection Insurrection but can't justify pulling out to put into Wheely Snakes just yet, I'd like to playtest with it first. Xenagos will replace Fevered Visions. I feel like the mana advantage that Xenagos will provide outweighs the extra card draw and 2 damage. I rarely play Fevered Visions anyway, I usually get it later in a game and have no need for the forced card draw since I'm usually wheeling by t4 t5 or t6. Minds Aglow will replace Prosperity, because exactly what you said in a previous comment. Mass Hysteria will replace Temur Ascendancy. It's easier to cast, and is the same haste enabler. I only have 4 creatures that would even trigger the 2nd ability of Temur Ascendancy so its gotta go! Guardian Augmenter and Spellskite will replace Niv-Mizzet, Parun and Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind. The Niv-Mizzets are hard to cast so I find more often than not, I don't cast them because I have a better option in hand that isn't going to cost nearly as much to cast. They are great when they are on the field, but I feel like protection and +2/+2 for Xyris is going to benefit me more often than the Nivs would. Lastly, I think Whirlpool Warrior is going to replace either Psychosis Crawler or Tribute to the Wild. Both are good in their own right. Psychosis crawler can be massive after a wheel or 2 and can put down some serious damage and Tribute to the wild is just fun, especially if an opponent's only artifact or enchantment is a combo or deck engine piece. Thats going to be the hardest cut decision on this round. Thank you again for your suggestions!
1 year ago
Its not a friendly combo. But if you wanna win with Jeskai Friends there are limited options lol.
1 year ago
Promise of Loyalty is good here. Nevinyrral's Disk kills everything except your walkers. I also run Jokulhaups but I know not everyone is cool with MLD. It does work nicely with your Smothering Tithe too. Combine with Boros Charm for a win ;)
Pramikon, Sky Rampart and Mystic Barrier help keep your walkers safe from attacks. I run Meekstone as well, but you have some big guys in your list so idk if youd want it. Karmic Justice is a nice deterrent for removal spells.
I run Narset + Wheels, but that's another salty combo so it depends on your group. You have Emergency Powers so Day's Undoing Whirlpool Warrior or Windfall aren't too far off. Add in a Solve the Equation and a Drift of Phantasms to search up the combo.
Ajani Vengeant is another one that you should only run if your group is ok with land destruction.
Ugin, the Spirit Dragon is obviously great but I know not everyone has the budget for him.
Tezzeret's Gambit is a flavorful draw spell for 3 generic and 2 life.
Just thoughts. I see you are doing more of a token theme. I personally focus more on wraths and resource denial to keep opponents from advancing their boards until I can get emblems. I admit that everyone HATES my version, but I love it lol. Cool deck.
1 year ago
I like how the guy above this comment just casually strolls in and tells you to put in a bunch of moxen...
That said, warriors is one of my favorite tribes and I've made a ton of decks with them! Plus Najeela is such a badass commander! These are my suggestions that you haven't included and could serve as some better synergy with your deck than your non-warriors:
- Winota, Joiner of Forces for deck filtering, extra combat step power, and a tutor for your human warriors.
- Samut, Voice of Dissent to give all your creatures haste and she's incredibly powerful in and of herself, can give pseudo vigilance or enable tap/untap shenanigans with her second ability, and she has Flash.
- Garna, the Bloodflame gives your creatures haste and has Flash like Samut. She also helps you instantly recover from board wipes (in my meta boardwipes are so rampant my playgroup has started to implement restrictions on how many can be put into decks, yours may be different).
- Tahngarth, First Mate is a great way to engage politically with the board.
- Harald, King of Skemfar tutors the top 5 of your deck for warriors.
- Varolz, the Scar-Striped also helps you recover from wipes or having your big creatures removed with his scavenge ability.
- Maja, Bretagard Protector she can net you a lot of warrior tokens, especially if you have ways to bounce lands or play extra lands.
- Rhys the Redeemed gets you a lot of warrior elf tokens over the course of a game if you can get him out early.
- Kresh the Bloodbraided helps you recover from removal (but not wipes) in a better way than Varolz.
- Surrak Dragonclaw makes all your warriors uncounterable.
- Zurgo Helmsmasher one of the biggest warrior beat-sticks available to you, and he has haste. His cheap cmc also makes him a huge target while his indestructible clause lets you build other threats on your board while they figure out how to deal with him.
- Nadier, Agent of the Duskenel one of the most perfect ways to recover from a board wipe by putting a massive amount of tokens on the field once he dies (can also use blink or graveyard recursion on him to make more).
- Anthousa, Setessan Hero makes your lands warriors. Works really well with Maja.
- Jedit Ojanen of Efrava makes tons of cat warrior tokens.
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro gives all your warriors pseudo-deathtouch.
- Yasova Dragonclaw steals their creatures.
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death gives you graveyard recursion for your low CMC warriors and works really well with ones with ETB's.
- Chief of the Edge should be an auto-include. Chief of the Scale is ok if you are running toughness or need the toughness for certain spells or something, but yeah Chief of the Edge is absolutely where it's at.
- Honored Crop-Captain like Chief of the Edge but only works while attacking.
- Resolute Survivors keeps you in long games
- Brawl-Bash Ogre is a good sac outlet for tokens you aren't using/don't need.
- Proud Wildbonder works REALLY well with Bramblewood Paragon's effect. Also works with Khenra Charioteer
- Rubblebelt Raiders can get absolutely huge with tokens on the board.
- Scuzzback Marauders isn't just a good beatstick, with Persist it can combo off with any of your sac outlets and Bramblewood Paragon.
- Moriok Replica works really good with Alesha for continuous card draw.
- Avenging Huntbonder keeps dishing out the double strike onto your other creatures every turn.
- Blaring Recruiter make warrior tokens.
- Hidden Dragonslayer morph ability takes out your opponents biggest threats.
- Den Protector is great graveyard recursion.
- Nacatl Hunt-Pride lets you control the combat step to your liking.
- Paired Tactician just some nice synergy.
- Mardu Woe-Reaper graveyard removal with every warrior ETB. More important than you think!
- Seasoned Hallowblade just a really strong and low CMC card that will stay on the battlefield throughout an entire game more often than not.
- Steward of Solidarity free vigi warrior token generation every 2 turns or a lot every turn with untap shenanigans.
- Usher of the Fallen the cheapest warrior token creation you can find.
- Battle Brawler with just a single red or white permanent on the battlefield becomes super strong. With Chief of the Edge he becomes a 4 power first strike for 2 mana... not bad.
- Blaring Captain partners with Blaring Recruiter and has Honored Crop-Captain's effect.
- Blood-Chin Fanatic a MUST in any warrior tribal that includes black and makes tokens or pumps a single warrior's power to an absurd level. This card can single handedly win you a game.
- Blood-Chin Rager gives all your warriors menace.
- Champion of Stray Souls expensive, but can recover your entire board very quickly.
- Exquisite Huntmaster an extremely underrated card that can net you a ton of elf warrior tokens in a multiplayer match while also being a beater.
- Mardu Strike Leader using its dash ability can keep it safe from removal. Also makes a 2/1 warrior token every turn.
- Mindblade Render keeps the card draw going off of warrior damage.
- Nadier's Nightblade combos EXTREMELY well with Blood-Chin Fanatic and also with any other sac outlet.
- Sickle Dancer a 4/3 flier when attacking isn't bad for cmc 3.
- Thrasher Brute forms a combo with Scuzzback Marauders and any of the sac outlet warriors.
- Titan Hunter gives combo and solitaire players a clock while also giving you a convenient sac outlet with lifegain.
- Vampire Warlord sac outlet with regenerate.
- Herald of Secret Streams combos really well with Bramblewood Paragon to give your warriors unblockable.
- Nimbus Champion can keep the board clear of annoying blockers.
- Whirlpool Warrior wheel effect on a stick.
- Ahn-Crop Invader another beater sac outlet.
- Archetype of Aggression combos with Proud Wildbonder and keeps your opponents from gaining trample.
- Ash Zealot punish those blue and black decks that like to keep casting their spells over and over from the graveyard!
- Boldwyr Heavyweights tutor for your game ending creature and put it into play for free. Sure your opponents get a tutor too... but it's your turn, and your combat, and you have Najeela...
- Boldwyr Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS!
- Kargan Intimidator COWARDS CAN'T BLOCK WARRIORS! FOR CHEAPER!
- Combat Celebrant those additonal combat steps are... chef's kiss
- Frenzied Saddlebrute ridiculously fun political ability.
- Goblin Bushwhacker can end a game if you just laid out a bunch of tokens that turn.
- Goblin Cratermaker get rid of annoying artifacts or spot removal... likes to work with Alesha.
- Goma Fada Vanguard choose a creature to not block each turn based on warriors.
- Kruin Striker strong and cheap card that gets out of hand with sac combos or mass token generation.
- Shatterskull Charger pseudo dash effect with a bunch of other strong abilities.
- Rustrazor Butcher extremely underrated card. First strike and wither for 2 CMC! Can buff it a number of ways to surprise an enemy in combat too.
- Vengeful Firebrand basically a fireball on a stick as long as you have a warrior in the yard.
- Viashino Sandsprinter pseudo dash effect with trample. Has cycling if you need something else.
- Champion of Rhonas cheat whatever creature you want from hand onto the battlefield with no downside.
- Civic Wayfinder helps you get the right colors you need.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip dig through your library for more warriors.
- Golgari Raiders green haste that gets huge if you just suffered a boardwipe.
- Heir of the Wilds just a very strong presence for 2 CMC.
- Imperious Perfect elf warrior token generation.
- Horizon Seeker repeatable color fixing.
- Icehide Troll very, very strong and hard to remove creature. Needs snow lands though.
- Maulfist Revolutionary better version of proliferate.
- Matsu-Tribe Sniper keeps your enemies' dragons, demons, angels, and emrakuls from flying over your field.
- Petrified Wood-Kin expensive, but this guy can't be countered and is extremely difficult to remove and can ETB with insane P/T if you swung in hard on someone that turn.
- Stonehoof Chieftain a game ender if you've pumped your creatures at all.
- Thorn Lieutenant high value low CMC card with a mana dump if you need it (I like the combos for mana dumps better though).
- Unstoppable Ash come out of every combat pretty much unscathed. Only creature better for it is Stonehoof Chieftan.
Wolfir Avenger flash in for a block and a regenerate ability.
God-Eternal Oketra make huge 4/4 zombie warrior tokens on every warrior cast.
1 year ago
The changes I'm testing right now, to fit a Cloudstone package and a discount Cephalid Breakfast.
Wheel of Misfortune was just too hard to control effectively, and I can't force my opponents to draw with Narset or Hullbreacher out (also, making it work right often cost too much life if I was the archenemy). Whirlpool Warrior does that trick better.
Cephalid Constable was cute and won me some games, but it always left everyone unhappy at the end of the game. Cephalid Illusionist costs one less mana, mills cards to give Vadrok fuel, and sometimes can help on defense.
Speaking of Illusionist, I'm testing Lightning Greaves to mill my whole deck along with him (by alternating between Illusionist and another creature). I'd rather run Nomads en-Kor , but I'm not running any white... Lightning Greaves can help protect something like Toothy or Con Sphinx anyway, so hopefully it's not TOO bad on its own.
Goblin Engineer can fetch Curio, and Cloudstone Curio can reset Vadrok's mutation, or simply go infinite with Cloud of Faeries and/or Dockside Extortionist (potentially with help from Birgi, God of Storytelling Flip).
Intuition has been in and out before, but I'm testing it to try packages like Lore Drakkis / Snap + Underworld Breach + Dockside Extortionist / Sea-Dasher Octopus (assuming I already have Vadrok on field). At the very least, it's essentially an Entomb for Underworld Breach , since no opponent in their right mind would ever allow me to have that card in hand.