Melds with:Bruna, the Fading Light Meld
Melds to:Brisela, Voice of Nightmares Meld Meld
Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Gisela, the Broken Blade
Legendary Creature — Angel Horror
Flying, first strike, lifelink
At the beginning of your end step, if you both own and control Gisela, the Broken Blade Meld and a creature named Bruna, the Fading Light Meld, exile them, then meld them into Brisela, Voice of Nightmares Meld Meld.
Recommendations View more recommendations
4 weeks ago
All the eldrazi corruption in Innistrad was caused by Emrakul, and as I was looking at Hanweir recently, I noticed Emrakul was chilling in the background. I thought that was a neat touch, so I started looking at the other Eldritch melds to see if she was in them.
- Hanweir Battlements Meld: She's chilling in the top right behind the big towers
- Hanweir Garrison Meld: I believe she's the smudges in the top left; at least it looks tentacular if you tilt the screen back
- Gisela, the Broken Blade Meld: She's pretty much the entire background, tentacles are pretty obvious
- Bruna, the Fading Light Meld: Tentacles in the background, notably the one on the far left
Which brings us to Graf Rats Meld and Midnight Scavengers Meld. I cannot see her whatsoever, but it seems weird that only 2/3 melds would have Emmy. There is a dark smudge in the far background on the middle right of both that might be her, but my eyes aren't keen enough to tell, which brings us to the title.
2 months ago
I've playtested the deck a bunch of times and here's what I'm thinking. I know you don't actually care about feedback but I really hope you change that or something, IDK.
So, I'm seeing a lot of value in this deck, but it doesn't seem to play super well. It's pretty inconsistent, and the only way I tend to see it consistently drop the threats it needs to win is if it can draw Extraplanar Lens, which you only have two of. Speaking of only having two of those, since you're running 1-2 copies of almost all of your cards, this becomes a very inconsistent deck, especially with how little card draw you're running. Even when it does manage to drop a big threat down, it's often not the one that feels necessary at that moment. Especially that whole Gisela, the Broken Blade Meld + Bruna, the Fading Light Meld thing that you want to have happen, doesn't happen.
I would cut a bunch of these out. For instance, Collective Effort has been a dud every time I've drawn it. Voice of All is pretty weak as well, even as a sideboard card. Get down to 60 cards and put some more copies of each card.
If you want to keep showing people this deck you need to at least try to make it work. You've clearly been playing MTG for a long time, so you should know by now that this kind of deck doesn't work. Sorry to be that blunt about it.
2 months ago
2 months ago
I strongly suggest Youthful Valkyrie, and I'd do 4x of them. To make room, I'd remove 2x each of Starnheim Aspirant and Bishop of Wings. Those two cards are good, but they don't fly and they don't scale as well as Youthful Valkyrie.
Cool deck! +1 from me!
Best regards, Brian
6 months ago
I've ordered some cards and pulled a few from my binder which I may add to the deck, but while they are enroute I thought I'd telegraph my thoughts on them so that some of you can weigh in with your thoughts.
1) Draw Lands- War Room and Bonders' Enclave While I don't like using four mana (including the land itself) to draw a card, I'll be happy to in a pinch or when the mana is free. These are not primary draw, but they will add options and I think get use, and since they don't come into play tapped that's good.
2) Seraph Sanctuary Missed this one in my first build, but it's obviously great here.
3) Emergence Zone This is a hidden gem most people forget about. A huge piece of aggro is the element of surprise, and this allows us to make bigger plays and functionally double mana by playing on our opponent's end step before our turn. It's great.
4) Sanctuary Warden This is another painfully obvious choice that I missed on the first round (I should have read the card more closely). It's an angel draw engine in Giada that leverages our Giada counters rather than the helpful shield counters it comes with. Nice.
5) Tome of Legends This is a favorite draw piece for me in two of my other decks, so I was thankful that someone reminded me of it. It also fits our low curve nicely.
6) Vanquisher's Banner This card does not fit our draw curve as nicely, but is broken and probably the second best draw engine for this deck.
7) Eye of Vecna I saw this in a few other lists and it seems great. Why not pay a small amount of the life we are gratuitously gaining for a card each turn? For 2 mana, and we get a card immediately when we play it! The only downside is that Angel of Jubilation shuts it down, but that is a narrow case.
8) Mask of Memory I saw this on other lists as well and it seems like a good choice. We get to look at two cards, end up one, and discard what we need least. There could also be lines of play where we discard a good card like Gisela, the Broken Blade Meld and return her with Bruna, the Fading Light Meld, so there's that too.
9) Together Forever Premium protection from both board wipes and targeted removal. And for an efficient cost. What's not to like?
7 months ago
7 months ago
Nice! Glad the deck is working well. Gisela, the Broken Blade Meld is such an awesome commander and I really like this list a lot. Whenever people say mono white is weak I'm just like, pfft, you won't say that after you run into the right mono white deck, and this is definitely one of those : )
8 months ago
1: Mono-White EDH deck based around Eldrazi and lead by Brisela? You have my interest!
2: Court of Grace, as a suggestion. I may be overrating the Monarch mechanic a bit, but Court of Grace is turning into an auto-include for not just my white decks, but my decks that have white in them.
3: I briefly considered building a deck around Brisela, and my friend said that Bruna, the Fading Light Meld would be better in the command zone, because she can reanimate Gisela, the Broken Blade Meld, in case you loose Gisela. Granted, my plan would have been more focused on killing people with Brisela, Voice of Nightmares Meld Meld, but just something I thought I can pass on.
4: Meldrazi. Meld Eldrazi. Meldrazi. Well played, well played!